PDA

View Full Version : Your team vs NDSU

Twentysix
November 22nd, 2011, 05:35 PM
Whats the deal with these threads?

Pretty obvious which team is the Rockstar.

Vitojr130
November 22nd, 2011, 05:36 PM
Whats the deal with these threads?

Pretty obvious which team is the Rockstar.

I guess the team to beat must be NDSU. Awesome.

Silenoz
November 22nd, 2011, 05:36 PM
More like The Rockstar

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 22nd, 2011, 05:43 PM
The title of this thread is "Your team vs NDSU"

My post is:

wins 10 out of 10 games against the Bison.

No_Skill
November 22nd, 2011, 05:47 PM

My post is:

Should be:

trolls 10 out of 10 Bison threads. :)

Besides, the Griz only get one shot at the Bison this year...if we both make it that far.

FargoBison
November 22nd, 2011, 05:50 PM

My post is:

Your team hasn't beaten NDSU since FDR was in the White House....10 for 10 is a pretty bold statement.....

ODUwildman
November 22nd, 2011, 06:06 PM
I'd prefer this topic: Your Team's best dive bar vs. the Bison Turf.

UIWWildthing
November 22nd, 2011, 08:52 PM
I'm hoping to see how my team does against NDSU on Dec. 10th

Ginsbach
November 22nd, 2011, 09:47 PM

Man, I miss The Turf. The other geology majors and I used to dominate that place after every test or presentation.

MTfan4life
November 22nd, 2011, 10:00 PM
no problem

Lehigh over NDSU in the quarterfinals this year by at least 2 TD's

You should create a bracket for the bracket challenge so the rest of us can have a chance to bow to your proven genius.

BisonLakes
November 22nd, 2011, 10:15 PM
You should create a bracket for the bracket challenge so the rest of us can have a chance to bow to your proven genius.

It's the Princeton education dontcha know.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 23rd, 2011, 12:04 AM
We shall see in about 10 days (i hope).

Squealofthepig
November 23rd, 2011, 03:13 AM
For the Griz: I like our defense and our special teams in a ball-control game. I give the edge to NDSU on their defense - I think our run matches up OK, but I think the Bison find a way to pester our passing game and frustrate our QB. If we play ten games, five in the dome and five in Wa-Griz, I see both teams going 4-1 in their home turf.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 23rd, 2011, 07:22 AM

Strangely enough I watched NDSU beat Montana at the Bison Turf!

Hambone
November 23rd, 2011, 08:46 AM
I like the bracket that NDSU is in because I'd like to see them play some eastern teams from the CAA and SoCon, assuming that's who they play, rather than the MVFC, Sky or Soutland. Depending on how things go, they could get JMU, Towson, App/Maine/GSU. The other side of the bracket is where the the western heavy hitters are, ones that they would play in conference or are the most likely out of conference games for them. Since it's not common to have games during the regular season against the eastern power conferences, I'm just curious as to how the Bison will stack up.

344Johnson
November 23rd, 2011, 09:00 AM
I like the bracket that NDSU is in because I'd like to see them play some eastern teams from the CAA and SoCon, assuming that's who they play, rather than the MVFC, Sky or Soutland. Depending on how things go, they could get JMU, Towson, App/Maine/GSU. The other side of the bracket is where the the western heavy hitters are, ones that they would play in conference or are the most likely out of conference games for them. Since it's not common to have games during the regular season against the eastern power conferences, I'm just curious as to how the Bison will stack up.

Agreed, these playoffs can really show NDSU fans/players/coaches how we play against the eastern powers. We learned last year how the Big Sky works to some extent, now it is time to see what they got goin' on out east.

ODUwildman
November 23rd, 2011, 11:37 AM
One of my coworkers went to NDSU and here's to hoping ODU will meet NDSU in the semis. Yes, it's wishful thinking on my part in many ways, but I'd love to have an excuse to go to Fargo. Yes, I just said that.

That town's got a special place in my heart, complete with several mugs, a hoodie and 13 years in a row of spending a week there. Yes, we're that wrestling group every year that takes over.

Twentysix
November 23rd, 2011, 11:47 AM
One of my coworkers went to NDSU and here's to hoping ODU will meet NDSU in the semis. Yes, it's wishful thinking on my part in many ways, but I'd love to have an excuse to go to Fargo. Yes, I just said that.

That town's got a special place in my heart, complete with several mugs, a hoodie and 13 years in a row of spending a week there. Yes, we're that wrestling group every year that takes over.

If you ever show up here, you are more than welcome to buy me chili cheese fries and a pitcher at the turf.

http://www.redrivernightlife.com/mnodata/userphotos/41/13768-bison-turf-2445-0.jpg

ODUwildman
November 23rd, 2011, 12:00 PM
I might be the only ODU alum that's spent 13 weeks of my life at the Turf. I love that place.

Pard4Life
November 23rd, 2011, 12:02 PM
We already know how it went...

So can the Bison beat the Bison?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 23rd, 2011, 12:04 PM
If you ever show up here, you are more than welcome to buy me chili cheese fries and a pitcher at the turf.

http://www.redrivernightlife.com/mnodata/userphotos/41/13768-bison-turf-2445-0.jpg

I'm actually a Chubs guy but I have breezed in to the turf on occasion.

ODUwildman
November 23rd, 2011, 12:39 PM
At least since ND changed to 2 a.m., we don't have to make the drive across to Moorhead anymore. Some of those places were sketchy. Too bad Coaches closed down a while ago. I was there one night and they had midget wrestling ...

Gil Dobie
November 23rd, 2011, 01:14 PM
I'm actually a Chubs guy but I have breezed in to the turf on occasion.

I do miss the days when Fran served hot chilli on Saturday Gamedays.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 23rd, 2011, 01:19 PM
A lot of you NoDaks talk about Moorehead quite often?

Is there a larger male demographic there or something?

Vitojr130
November 23rd, 2011, 01:20 PM

No, it's just the smaller, uglier step-brother of Fargo.

gotts
November 23rd, 2011, 01:32 PM

No, just a larger demographic of females "praying"

Gil Dobie
November 23rd, 2011, 01:39 PM

Ask Willie, he went to school in Moorhead.

Twentysix
November 23rd, 2011, 01:40 PM
At least since ND changed to 2 a.m., we don't have to make the drive across to Moorhead anymore. Some of those places were sketchy. Too bad Coaches closed down a while ago. I was there one night and they had midget wrestling ...

ND is not 2am just the Fargo area.

ericsaid
November 23rd, 2011, 01:54 PM
NDSU would fare better against Alabama than GaSo. and LSU both did. That being said screw Frisco just send them on to the BCS Championship. They have a high quality loss to unranked Youngstown in the most powerful conference in all of the land. And that dome of theirs, whew, don't even get me started on that. It's so loud warm and cozy in there while so cold, windy, and well, just plain ole' miserable outside.

One of the reasons few people seem to discuss of why App struggles on the road in certain stadiums is the playing surface. Kidd Brewer has an artificial turf surface as does the Sofield indoor facility. They have no other playing surface such as natural or artificial grass to practice on which plays totally different than turf.

I'd take any of the three Socon teams in the playoffs this season along with Furman and possibly Chattanooga to knock of NDSU anywhere they prefer. The top five teams in the SoCon were very close this season so to say one team would have a better shot than another is just downright preposterous.

Good day, enjoy your frozen tundra. I'm gonna go make one in this lovely unseasonably warm and windy day in the Carolina foothills.

Bear1
November 23rd, 2011, 01:55 PM
I cant wait to see how fast this Georgia Southern team is, on turf and in a dome.

F'N Hawks
November 23rd, 2011, 02:01 PM
I cant wait to see how fast this Georgia Southern team is, on turf and in a dome.

I can't wait to see them try and stop the triple option with the Tampa 2 - 4-3 defense. It will get ugly. Hopefully Bohl is smart enough to change up their defense for that game.

BisonBacker
November 23rd, 2011, 02:02 PM

They are so fast when they Shat they wipe their A$$ before the turd hits the bowl!

ericsaid
November 23rd, 2011, 02:03 PM
I think you should go watch the highlights from the Alabama game before you say much. It's not a great reference point but their TD runs will give you an idea of what could go wrong against them. I'm actually an App man myself(surprise surprise) but GaSO is solid as is NDSU i'm sure. I just think if Youngstown St. can waltz in undefeated, sorry unranked towards the end of the season and knock of the Bison on their home field in their OWN DOME no less, then why can't anyone else in any of the power conferences do that.

NDSU's arrogance is unfounded and they will once again be disappointed as will my App's i'm sure. I think Montana always has a shot to take it the distance and their fan support and program tradition pushes them. That's what makes me skeptical about teams like NDSU and Montana State. That and I saw what was supposed to be a close game almost five years ago between Youngstown and App, and then Montana St and App.

If you get over the hump this season though good for YOU!

FargoBison
November 23rd, 2011, 02:03 PM
I can't wait to see them try and stop the triple option with the Tampa 2 - 4-3 defense. It will get ugly. Hopefully Bohl is smart enough to change up their defense for that game.

Well we have practiced a bit of the 3-4, I think we've even ran it a bit in a few games.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 23rd, 2011, 02:04 PM

How about we just let App State take care of them again?

Vitojr130
November 23rd, 2011, 02:05 PM
They are so fast when they Shat they wipe their A$$ before the turd hits the bowl!

And before that shat even comes out, they have to test 2, maybe 3, toilets because they have the option to. That bowl that has to catch that shat won't even see it coming.

FargoBison
November 23rd, 2011, 02:06 PM
I think you should go watch the highlights from the Alabama game before you say much. It's not a great reference point but their TD runs will give you an idea of what could go wrong against them. I'm actually an App man myself(surprise surprise) but GaSO is solid as is NDSU i'm sure. I just think if Youngstown St. can waltz in undefeated, sorry unranked towards the end of the season and knock of the Bison on their home field in their OWN DOME no less, then why can't anyone else in any of the power conferences do that.

NDSU's arrogance is unfounded and they will once again be disappointed as will my App's i'm sure. I think Montana always has a shot to take it the distance and their fan support and program tradition pushes them. That's what makes me skeptical about teams like NDSU and Montana State. That and I saw what was supposed to be a close game almost five years ago between Youngstown and App, and then Montana St and App.

If you get over the hump this season though good for YOU!

Last time I checked no Bison fan said GSU couldn't go into Fargo and win. Nobody has said that about any team for that matter(well except for maybe Lehigh but that is mostly due to their idiot fanboy).

Hell the MVFC is a tough conference, multiple teams gave us tough games. We aren't unbeatable by any means and I'm actually glad YSU beat us so the team knows what happens if they don't play their best football.

ericsaid
November 23rd, 2011, 02:08 PM
Well I hope that happens NoDak 4 Ever. Only problem is there is a team coming down from Maine(who knew they played football), expecting to win. Only problem for the them is App is the team they have to play. But if they game is taken care of I have faith in the defense to take care of the TO for the fourth time this season. But going into a loud enclosed arena kind of scares me after watching the Furman gamme, with half the noise barely be able to get the right calls in.

Good thing is though by the Semifinal there will be replay so ref's mistakes will be cut back. Two TO's in the APP-FU game were called the wrong way after watching replays wwhen I got back home later that day.

Good luck on your home you like to call the dome, as well as your rabbit huntin' for thanksgivin' tomorrow.

Twentysix
November 23rd, 2011, 02:08 PM
And before that shat even comes out, they have to test 2, maybe 3, toilets because they have the option to. That bowl that has to catch that shat won't even see it coming.

Sometimes they even throw that brown oblong shaped item rather than just pitching it or handing it off.

Vitojr130
November 23rd, 2011, 02:09 PM
Sometimes they even throw that brown oblong shaped item rather than just pitching it or handing it off.

But when they do that, they only hit their intended toilet once for every 6 or 7 attempts.

ericsaid
November 23rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
I'm just giving everyone a hard time that has supports a team wearing green and yellow, number one I hate the Packers and their Cheese for brain fans. Number two, going onto every thread as of late I see some Bison fan chiming in on how great they IS.

Funny thing Sam Houston is the one seed and they aren't all over the bored. Chill, win a championship, come back and you can start and mark in all the threads you want about how great NDSU is.

ericsaid
November 23rd, 2011, 02:13 PM
But when they do that, they only hit their intended toilet once for every 6 or 7 attempts.

There is a video on youtube of how to effectively hit your intended toilet more often. This video works 60% of the time, everytime.

Twentysix
November 23rd, 2011, 02:15 PM
I'm just giving everyone a hard time that has supports a team wearing green and yellow, number one I hate the Packers and their Cheese for brain fans. Number two, going onto every thread as of late I see some Bison fan chiming in on how great they IS.

Funny thing Sam Houston is the one seed and they aren't all over the bored. Chill, win a championship, come back and you can start and mark in all the threads you want about how great NDSU is.

Sam houston state has 6 fans and there are only two library computers in huntsville. Do you see the problem with your logic?

Twentysix
November 23rd, 2011, 02:15 PM
apparently the playoff committee doesn't agree with you here as only 2 MVFC teams were admitted into the playoffs, and one was an automatic qualifier

Or they completely agree as the MVFC has TWO seeded teams.

ericsaid
November 23rd, 2011, 02:18 PM
SHSU has 10 fans. Do you see the problem with YOUR logic?

See, I can do it too.

Bear1
November 23rd, 2011, 02:18 PM
http://youtu.be/orQ0vbYBvEw?hd=1 Georgia Southerns Speed is real.

Vitojr130
November 23rd, 2011, 02:19 PM
There is a video on youtube of how to effectively hit your intended toilet more often. This video works 60% of the time, everytime.

Hahaha yes. Also, the Green and Yellow is not the Packers colors... the Packers stole them from NDSU. NDSU football has been around MUCH longer than any Green Bay NFL team.

ericsaid
November 23rd, 2011, 02:21 PM
But then again your right, but then again North Dakota has so many schools to compete for fans with, having a grand total population of 646,844. Whereas Texas has 24,782,302. Hell, even Hawaii has twice what ND has with a fraction of the landmass. And probably 10 times the amouth of teeth.

ericsaid
November 23rd, 2011, 02:22 PM
Well at any rate, I hate Green Bay. After going to the Carolina Green Bay game this year and watching Cam throw for 432 yards and still lose. My fury just continues to boil over towards those colors.

Gil Dobie
November 23rd, 2011, 02:29 PM
Hahaha yes. Also, the Green and Yellow is not the Packers colors... the Packers stole them from NDSU. NDSU football has been around MUCH longer than any Green Bay NFL team.

Packers were blue and gold at one time, but I like wearing green and yellow on Saturday's and Green and Gold on Sunday's.

Twentysix
November 23rd, 2011, 02:33 PM
But then again your right, but then again North Dakota has so many schools to compete for fans with, having a grand total population of 646,844. Whereas Texas has 24,782,302. Hell, even Hawaii has twice what ND has with a fraction of the landmass. And probably 10 times the amouth of teeth.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTScSLlXAC4ks2fRFAZjZPY-wg4pGvsj2q7JlQ6vli4ZxJVX100ijNzqDdEdg

Uhuh...

ericsaid
November 23rd, 2011, 02:38 PM
Interesting picture of yourself there. Didn't your mother teach you how dangerous the internet can be.

Twentysix
November 23rd, 2011, 02:40 PM
Interesting picture of yourself there. Didn't your mother teach you how dangerous the internet can be.

Nope, your mom taught me. I replied to her ad on craigslist. XD

ericsaid
November 23rd, 2011, 02:59 PM
Well, I lose. Hopefully your Bison will follow in my footsteps.

TheBisonator
November 23rd, 2011, 03:14 PM

It's actually 672,591 in North Dakota (2010 census)

NoDak 4 Ever
November 23rd, 2011, 03:32 PM
It's actually 672,591 in North Dakota (2010 census)

and they all have jobs.

ericsaid
November 23rd, 2011, 04:33 PM
Well hopefully whenever everyone in a state with the population of Texas has a job we can get rid of these piece of ***** left wing knuckleheads who are in office now.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 23rd, 2011, 07:04 PM
Ask Willie, he went to school in Moorhead.

Ahhh that explains a lot..........................

Screamin_Eagle174
November 23rd, 2011, 07:47 PM
is 1-0. xthumbsupx

CC Eagle
November 24th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Haven't seen NDSU and don't know a ton about them.

That being said, any team that gets Georgia Southern's best shot is going to have a hell of a time notching a win. Doesn't matter where or when the game is being played.