PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Disagree With This?

apaladin
November 21st, 2011, 09:11 PM
Furman is the best team to not make the playoffs. I know they didn't take care of all their business but after watching them roll up 32 points and 446 yds against a Florida team that was averaging giving up 305 yds a game I believe they could have been a team to reckon with if they had gotten in. Also held UF to just over 100 yds rushing. Wish we they could take back those 2 4th quarter pick 6's. Any other nominees?

FIDO-GATA
November 21st, 2011, 09:16 PM
You guys are probably better than 1/4 of the teams that made it in. You just didn't get it done against Elon when you needed it most.

AppRolls
November 21st, 2011, 09:19 PM
No argument here.

On a similar note, Chattanooga has to be the best 6 loss team in the nation. 5 SoCon losses by a total of 12 points....unbelievable.

bojeta
November 21st, 2011, 09:24 PM
Furman was a solid team and I was impressed by the performance against Florida. Too bad we'll never know. It happens that way sometimes.

Eagle22
November 21st, 2011, 09:40 PM
Hard to understand how Furman could lose at home to both Samford and Elon, yet beat Appalachian and Wofford.

That kind of inconsistency coupled with Chattanooga's inability to hold serve in two games they were leading put them both at the forefront of this discussion.

Furman's loss @ Coastal Carolina can be better understood, IMO, as a first game out situation for a new coach and all that, but that Furman-Samford result is the real killer.

Reign of Terrier
November 21st, 2011, 09:41 PM
Furman is like an option team. If they didn't turn the ball over and stuck to the run in most games that they lost, they would have won them.

GSU EAGLES
November 21st, 2011, 09:44 PM
Yes. Your prize is the best spot at the Crapsville Bar. I would have liked to have seen Furman in the playoffs, but it just wasn't meant to be. Definitely a Jekyl and Hyde team.

Reign of Terrier
November 21st, 2011, 09:48 PM
Yes. Your prize is the best spot at the Crapsville Bar. I would have liked to have seen Furman in the playoffs, but it just wasn't meant to be. Definitely a Jekyl and Hyde team.

Serve em a good ole Ingle Martini!

FurmanWins!!
November 21st, 2011, 09:52 PM
Next year should be fun, have you heard about the big time QB transfer we are getting from Oklahoma, haha just kidding :)

Good luck to all you SoCon bro's in the playoffs!

MplsBison
November 21st, 2011, 10:06 PM
A playoff bracket with the Montana's, Sam Houston and Lehigh together with all the rest being from the MVFC, SoCon and CAA sounds about right to me.

Dead serious.

Dallas Demon
November 22nd, 2011, 12:29 AM
Furman is the best team to not make the playoffs. I know they didn't take care of all their business but after watching them roll up 32 points and 446 yds against a Florida team that was averaging giving up 305 yds a game I believe they could have been a team to reckon with if they had gotten in. Also held UF to just over 100 yds rushing. Wish we they could take back those 2 4th quarter pick 6's. Any other nominees?

Not sure about this, I'd have to say Illinois St. Furman didn't get it done against Elon, Samford, and Coastal Carolina. You have to take the good with the bad. It's like someone saying I made tons of money on a stock while not mentioning they also lost more money on other stocks. We've all heard that before.

seantaylor
November 22nd, 2011, 01:47 AM
Furman didn't impress me at all this year. We beat them like a red headed step child. Thought they had one of the slower defenses we saw this year. Best team not in the playoffs is Delaware.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 22nd, 2011, 03:34 AM
I can. I think EWU is the best team whose season is finished, but Furman and Delaware aren't far behind. All three could beat 1/4 to 1/2 the playoff field IMO.

FurmanWins!!
November 22nd, 2011, 04:18 AM
Not sure about this, I'd have to say Illinois St. Furman didn't get it done against Elon, Samford, and Coastal Carolina. You have to take the good with the bad. It's like someone saying I made tons of money on a stock while not mentioning they also lost more money on other stocks. We've all heard that before.

Disagree big time, did they beat 2 top 5 teams, no! Did they play an FBS team, no!

GaSouthern
November 22nd, 2011, 05:41 AM
You guys are probably better than 1/4 of the teams that made it in. You just didn't get it done against Elon when you needed it most.

kind of like GSU against Furman/Elon in 2007

FurmanWins!!
November 22nd, 2011, 10:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2tzVPRQUXA

eagle07
November 22nd, 2011, 10:47 AM
No argument here.

On a similar note, Chattanooga has to be the best 6 loss team in the nation. 5 SoCon losses by a total of 12 points....unbelievable.

Shhhhhhh, quiet man, you don't want to wake the Chattowmocs until spring, it might come out and see it's shadow then declare itself national champion

Terrierforlife
November 22nd, 2011, 03:05 PM
Next year should be fun, have you heard about the big time QB transfer we are getting from Oklahoma, haha just kidding :)

Good luck to all you SoCon bro's in the playoffs!

I could believe it. Furman is QB transfer U!

Terrierforlife
November 22nd, 2011, 03:08 PM
By the way. I was at the Furman Wofford game. I already knew you guys were for real. See you in Spartanburg next year!

phoenix3
November 22nd, 2011, 03:35 PM
Agree. Definately better than 1/4 of the playoff teams.