PDA

View Full Version : Winner of SHSU's region

Silenoz
November 21st, 2011, 04:49 PM
^

Silenoz
November 21st, 2011, 04:58 PM
Bump to keep it afloat of Lehigh topics!

paul1978
November 21st, 2011, 05:00 PM
bump

darell1976
November 21st, 2011, 05:03 PM
I picked and rooting for UND's future conference foe Montana (sorry Montana State).

Silenoz
November 21st, 2011, 05:38 PM
#1 seed rocking an 0/18 right now...

Grizzlies82
November 21st, 2011, 05:42 PM
Albany. Don't know a darn thing about them except they are Great Danes. Can't beat that!

Engineer86
November 21st, 2011, 06:08 PM
0 for 25, Imagine if this was the BCS, You would have a team go straight to the Championship that no one thinks can win it. Here everyone gets a chance to be proven wrong. Such a better system!

Cleets
November 21st, 2011, 06:18 PM
0 for 25, Imagine if this was the BCS, You would have a team go straight to the Championship that no one thinks can win it. Here everyone gets a chance to be proven wrong. Such a better system!

You have absolutely identified why we're all here right now..!!!
In the FCS it's about playing the games - not seducing the NCAA

danefan
November 21st, 2011, 06:45 PM
Albany. Don't know a darn thing about them except they are Great Danes. Can't beat that!

From your lips to gods ears.
Not a shot in hell though, but I like he pick. xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Grizzaholic
November 21st, 2011, 07:10 PM
Montana State. Why even have a poll.

Bearkats94
November 21st, 2011, 07:43 PM

Because it all has to get through the Bearkats first and I don't see that happening.

Griz4ever
November 21st, 2011, 07:49 PM

You should worry about your first round opponent then your second then welcome to Griz Nation..

Grizzaholic
November 21st, 2011, 09:20 PM
You should worry about your first round opponent then your second then welcome to Griz Nation..

ummm...what?

Sam_Kats
November 21st, 2011, 09:43 PM
YEEEAAAHHHH - you guys have more posters on this bias board. Congrats. See you in H'ville.

Grizzaholic
November 21st, 2011, 09:56 PM
YEEEAAAHHHH - you guys have more posters on this bias board. Congrats. See you in H'ville.

ummm...What? If you want to be lumped into the Lakes/opie/JBB fine. Might want to use a quote function, FYI. I always thought AGS was fairly even keel.

BEAR
November 21st, 2011, 10:04 PM
I voted for my Bears. Yes, a homer vote. I did it because SHSU hasn't played a team that has given them a challenge yet and I'm interested to see how they react when it happens.

I can't measure anything my Bears did against SHSU because we aren't the same team and were very shorthanded that game. Yes, the Bearkats are not the same team either. I also voted for my Bears because they have faced adverse situations all year and won in a variety of ways. Some lucky, but most with great coaching and skill players making big plays.

Each round presents a different set of possibilities. But as they say, "AnyGivenSaturday"..and I'll hang on to that until the end! xthumbsupx

Silenoz
November 21st, 2011, 10:20 PM

UM votes
asucrutch23
bisonwest
Cleets
danefan
darell1976
DJKyR0
Eagle22
Engineer86
extremerouge
FargoBison
Fear the Bird
frozennorth
gasoutherneagle
gotts
Griz4ever
Grizzlies82
Live4Griz
NDB
NoDak 4 Ever
paul1978
Professor Chaos
SeattleGriz
Silenoz
Skjellyfetti
son-of-info
straightshooter
Tatanka
theasushow
Tod
WrenFGun

SHSU votes

Bear84
Bearkats94
kingkat99
rexreed
Sam_Kats
SouthernStyle

Certainly seems like a higher percentage of "homer" votes belong to SHSU...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2011, 01:41 AM
I actually think Stony Brook might be the most dangerous team in the bracket. Their 3 losses came in a row, OT loss to UTEP who's been pretty competitive, loss to Buffalo and a 1 point loss to a pretty good Brown team. Since then the Seawolves have been extremely dominant, winning their last 8 by an average of 48 to 19. That early game trip to Texas could pay dividends should they face SHSU.

MTfan4life
November 22nd, 2011, 01:54 AM
I actually think Stony Brook might be the most dangerous team in the bracket. Their 3 losses came in a row, OT loss to UTEP who's been pretty competitive, loss to Buffalo and a 1 point loss to a pretty good Brown team. Since then the Seawolves have been extremely dominant, winning their last 8 by an average of 48 to 19. That early game at UTEP in Texas could pay dividends should they face SHSU.

48-19 in the Big South. That should be noted. I too think they're dangerous, but not the most dangerous in the bracket. Pretty good Brown team? Didn't they just lose to Columbia?

Cleets
November 22nd, 2011, 02:27 AM
48-19 in the Big South. That should be noted. I too think they're dangerous, but not the most dangerous in the bracket. Pretty good Brown team? Didn't they just lose to Columbia?
Hey now Mr....
That Brown team was damn good
Nobody can figure out how they lost that game just yet - It's kinda like the Cats last saturday - they just didn't show up
Brown had a GREAT season - minus one really bad game

The Griz got routed by Sacramento State (right) how did that happen..?
and I mean beaten in every phase of that game - it happens

MTfan4life
November 22nd, 2011, 03:35 AM
Hey now Mr....
That Brown team was damn good
Nobody can figure out how they lost that game just yet - It's kinda like the Cats last saturday - they just didn't show up
Brown had a GREAT season - minus one really bad game

The Griz got routed by Sacramento State (right) how did that happen..?
and I mean beaten in every phase of that game - it happens

The Cats didn't lose to one of the worst teams in the FCS on Saturday though. Columbia is a little different than losing to Montana. Also, I have no idea how the Griz lost to Sac State, but they also beat a team that was ranked #1 on their home field by 26. They lost their last two to finish the season. A team is only as good as it finishes. I don't get why that's even a comparison. I'm guessing the home loss to Dartmouth was a fluke too? Damn good? How many teams in the FCS this year were "damn good" then? 50? I thought you were sarcastic at first, until I read the rest of your post. I'll give you decent for the Ivy league, but not much else.

MSUBobcat
November 22nd, 2011, 07:41 AM
Montana is playing very good, physical football. They are my pick to win this bracket, but I think there may be a fair chance at a Brawl II in Missoula. Not overlooking UNH or SHSU in the least, but UNH's defense seems porous so hopefully the Cats' offense can exploit that. SHSU would obviously be favored against MSU, but maybe the Cats are motivated by the opportunity to avenge the 1st Maul of the Mild and pull off the upset. xprayx

Bearkat-Backer
November 22nd, 2011, 09:41 AM
I voted for my Bears. Yes, a homer vote. I did it because SHSU hasn't played a team that has given them a challenge yet and I'm interested to see how they react when it happens.

So blowing a 3 score lead on the road to an FBS team and hanging in there to win it in OT doesn't count as overcoming a challenge?

Bearkat-Backer
November 22nd, 2011, 09:48 AM
the Seawolves have been extremely dominant, winning their last 8 by an average of 48 to 19. That early game trip to Texas could pay dividends should they face SHSU.

Sam Houston has won there last 13 games by an average of 37 to 12.

TheRevSFA
November 22nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
So blowing a 3 score lead on the road to an FBS team and hanging in there to win it in OT doesn't count as overcoming a challenge?

Not when the FBS team should be FCS..or realistically DII :D

They do have a point..Sam hasn't faced a real challenge this season..does that mean they'll fold? Nope

None of the in season stuff matters now..it's playoffs.

Dane96
November 22nd, 2011, 10:05 AM
I actually think Stony Brook might be the most dangerous team in the bracket. Their 3 losses came in a row, OT loss to UTEP who's been pretty competitive, loss to Buffalo and a 1 point loss to a pretty good Brown team. Since then the Seawolves have been extremely dominant, winning their last 8 by an average of 48 to 19. That early game trip to Texas could pay dividends should they face SHSU.

This isn't a Albany vs. SBU pissing contest...but:

1. Why does everyone think Brown is good. Have you watched them play; I have...and they would have had trouble beating Duquense and Albany for the NEC. They are not that good. It was Harvard...big step down...Brown...and huge step down...everyone else.

2. How was UTEP competitive? They barely beat SBU (which I guess lends to your argument in a circular way). They beat a horrible New Mexico State team by 6. They beat up on a hapless Tulane squad...maybe one of the bottom 5 in football. They beat a terrible Colorado State team, whose wins consisted of a terrible Northern Colorado, maybe the worst team in football...New Mexico...and Utah State by 1 in OT.

Their claim to fame is hanging with Houston...who aside from offensively being a juggernaut...does not have a defense to speak of, and upsetting, in El Paso, a dissappointing E. Carolina team that was a bi-polar team finishing 5-6.

This is a below average FBS team they took to OT...and I am not taking any credit away from them...because I think with Essignton they win the game. But let's not start putting too much stock in a close loss to a BAD FBS team...and a win over a marginal FCS team.

Grizalltheway
November 22nd, 2011, 10:12 AM
Montana is playing very good, physical football. They are my pick to win this bracket, but I think there may be a fair chance at a Brawl II in Missoula. Not overlooking UNH or SHSU in the least, but UNH's defense seems porous so hopefully the Cats' offense can exploit that. SHSU would obviously be favored against MSU, but maybe the Cats are motivated by the opportunity to avenge the 1st Maul of the Mild and pull off the upset. xprayx

I can definitely see your guys being mad as hell after Saturday and bouncing back to roll both UNH and SHSU. I just don't think either of them have the D necessary to shut down such a balanced attack (fortunately, the Griz do).

MSUBobcat
November 22nd, 2011, 10:31 AM
I can definitely see your guys being mad as hell after Saturday and bouncing back to roll both UNH and SHSU. I just don't think either of them have the D necessary to shut down such a balanced attack (fortunately, the Griz do).

I know I was mad as hell. xpissedx Which lead to me being drunk as hell, which the next morning led to :pumpuke:

Grizzlies82
November 22nd, 2011, 01:48 PM
I think Montana State could be the "sleeper" on this side of the bracket.

After the whipping by Montana, the New Hampshire game will be a good indicator. Did MSU have their confidence crushed, or are they newly motivated? If MSU rolls New Hampshire (possibility unknown), Sam Houston better buckle up for a tough one.

Reign of Terrier
November 22nd, 2011, 01:52 PM
Roll option. That's all I'm going to say

Bearkat-Backer
November 22nd, 2011, 02:00 PM
I think Montana State could be the "sleeper" on this side of the bracket.

After the whipping by Montana, the New Hampshire game will be a good indicator. Did MSU have their confidence crushed, or are they newly motivated? If MSU rolls New Hampshire (possibility unknown), Sam Houston better buckle up for a tough one.

I think Sam Houston matches up against MSU pretty well. They like to run and we stop the run as good or better than anybody. Their D is better at stopping an air attack and we love to run it down your throat. At least that's how it looks through my orange colored glasses!

eagle07
November 22nd, 2011, 02:19 PM
Ahhh, the cupcake region i think its between wofford, or the 2 montanas (is that right, why does montana look so damn weird pluralized?) ( Is pluralized a word? DAMMIT......

Sam_Kats
November 22nd, 2011, 02:34 PM
We've been doubted all season...why stop now.

SeattleGriz
November 22nd, 2011, 02:39 PM
Ahhh, the cupcake region i think its between wofford, or the 2 montanas (is that right, why does montana look so damn weird pluralized?) ( Is pluralized a word? DAMMIT......

Yeah, that gaunlet of the SoCon has produced ZERO teams playing for the National Championship in the last three years. But I am sure the ship has been righted and it will be an all SoCon championship.

Silenoz
November 22nd, 2011, 02:58 PM
We've been doubted all season...why stop now.

Yeah, no disrespect to SHSU, but I'm at the "fool me x times" point with Southland teams in the playoffs...

2010 - Villanova 54 SFA 24
2009 - Montana 51 SFA 0
2009 - New Hampshire 49 McNeese 13
2008 - Montana 31 Texas State 13
2007 - Eastern Washington 44 #2 McNeese 15
2006 - Montana 31 McNeese 6
2005 - Northern Iowa 40 Texas State 37
2004 - Montana 34 Sam Houston 13
2004 - Montana 56 NW State 7
2003 - Northern Arizona 35 #1 McNeese 3
2002 - W. Kentucky 34 #1 McNeese 14
2002 - Montana 45 NW State 14

Probably missing a few, and TxSt did put on a good run in 2005.

TheRevSFA
November 22nd, 2011, 03:01 PM
yeah I notice you left off SFA's win against EWU in 2009, as well as Sam's run in 2004.

Silenoz
November 22nd, 2011, 03:02 PM
...and I left out Texas State's wins and McNeese's wins. It was meant to showcase how the Southland teams tend to exit the playoffs in spectacular fashion

TheRevSFA
November 22nd, 2011, 03:06 PM
...and I left out Texas State's wins and McNeese's wins. It was meant to showcase how the Southland teams tend to exit the playoffs in spectacular fashion

Still think you need to leave off Sam's 2004 loss to Montana..as that generated Montana's last NC..oh wait..no it didn't.

I'm not in any way smack talking Montana. I support the Griz, but if you want to talk about the SLC imploding in the playoffs..keep it at the first or 2nd round level.

Silenoz
November 22nd, 2011, 03:10 PM
that generated Montana's last NC..oh wait..no it didn't.

I'm not in any way smack talking Montana
xscanx

Montana imploded against Nova, and sucked balls against Richmond. Those were in the championship. There are no cutoffs for suck!

TheRevSFA
November 22nd, 2011, 03:12 PM
yeah okay that contradicted itself.

Bearkat-Backer
November 22nd, 2011, 03:12 PM
We split with Montana in 2004. They just won the more important one. You can't go -4 in turn overs @ Wa-Griz and expect to win. I wouldn't call a trip to the semi's a bust though. I think playing at home will do wonders for this years Kats.

TheRevSFA
November 22nd, 2011, 03:13 PM
Like I said..if you want to talk about the SLC imploding..take out games past the 2nd round....rounds 1 and 2 would be the ones to focus on. You can still have a lot of doubt regarding us with those alone.

Sam_Kats
November 22nd, 2011, 03:17 PM
It's pointless on this board...it's either Griz or GSU & the rest get no respect. I mean, even a VERY STRONG Bison squad gets doubted on here. That's fine. I really hope we make it to the point where UM comes to Bowers. Could have a repeat of 2004 in Huntsville.

Que it up...

danefan
November 22nd, 2011, 03:19 PM
Albany is going to win the entire side of the bracket with an average margin of victory of 21.

Think on that.............:D

Sam_Kats
November 22nd, 2011, 03:20 PM
I'll tell you that after watching some film, neither team (Albany or Stony Brook) need to be taken lightly. Two very solid squads. Looking forward to Dec 3.

Grizcountry420
November 22nd, 2011, 03:30 PM
This isnt regular season football your talking about. You all know what happened the last time you guys made the playoffs!

Grizzlies82
November 22nd, 2011, 03:46 PM
It's pointless on this board...it's either Griz or GSU & the rest get no respect. I mean, even a VERY STRONG Bison squad gets doubted on here. That's fine. I really hope we make it to the point where UM comes to Bowers. Could have a repeat of 2004 in Huntsville.

Que it up...

I don't doubt Sam Houston's ability to take this side of the bracket. I've only seen some highlights not a full game but I like the looks of your team. They're very fast and very strong. Yet there are alot of strongly held opinions out here. So NO, you're not gonna get respect until you destroy some teams in the field.

My earlier post about MSU is valid. The Bobcats aren't as weak as the Montana game made them look. While Montana has been sketchy this year, they appear to be peaking at the right time. UNI and Wofford are two more to worry about. Both have very solid teams. I like SHSU's chances, though I'm taking the Griz to win this side of the bracket in Missoula, or in Huntsville.

fencer24
November 22nd, 2011, 03:53 PM

Que it up...

I assume you mean the second game?

Bearkat-Backer
November 22nd, 2011, 03:54 PM
This isnt regular season football your talking about. You all know what happened the last time you guys made the playoffs!

We blew out Western Kentucky, had a miracle 4th quarter comeback at Eastern Washington then lost at Montana in the semi's. I don't think anyone from that team has any eligibility left though.

Sam_Kats
November 22nd, 2011, 03:57 PM
No, I'm talking about the game that was played at Bowers...like it will be THIS year if both teams advance that far. We shall see - should be fun.

Grizcountry420
November 22nd, 2011, 03:57 PM
We blew out Western Kentucky, had a miracle 4th quarter comeback at Eastern Washington then lost at Montana in the semi's. I don't think anyone from that team has any eligibility left though.

My point was you all lost to Montana in the playoffs even though you beat us, the first game of the year.

Sam_Kats
November 22nd, 2011, 03:58 PM
Exactly - Huntsville (90 degree weather) vs Missoula (single-digit weather). It will be closer to the latter in Texas.

Mattymc727
November 22nd, 2011, 04:00 PM
What four people voted for UNH? They have to be crazy UNH fans. Nobody in their right mind could pick UNH to win @ Montana State, @ SHSU, @ Montana(My pick for this side of the bracket, could be UNI or Wofford too). Thats just too hard, most FBS teams couldnt do that.

Bearkat-Backer
November 22nd, 2011, 04:00 PM
My point was you all lost to Montana in the playoffs even though you beat us, the first game of the year.

So you think we are going to lose to UCA even though we beat them earlier this year?

Grizalltheway
November 22nd, 2011, 04:05 PM
Exactly - Huntsville (90 degree weather) vs Missoula (single-digit weather). It will be closer to the latter in Texas.

I doubt it would be close enough to 90 to really be a factor.

Sam_Kats
November 22nd, 2011, 04:06 PM
...or close enough to ZERO

Grizcountry420
November 22nd, 2011, 04:11 PM
So you think we are going to lose to UCA even though we beat them earlier this year?

No. You wont have any problems there bud..

Bearkat-Backer
November 22nd, 2011, 04:28 PM
No. You wont have any problems there bud..

http://danielaseabra.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/chickens_hatch.jpg

Twentysix
November 22nd, 2011, 04:30 PM
I change my vote to MSU.

Squealofthepig
November 22nd, 2011, 04:36 PM
What four people voted for UNH?

You can view the voters directly - it's a public poll. Three of the four are wildcat fans, the fourth...

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2011, 04:43 PM
Hard to believe two teams are ahead of the number one seed and two other teams are almost even.

kingkat99
November 22nd, 2011, 04:50 PM
Hard to believe two teams are ahead of the number one seed and two other teams are almost even.

Not really when you consider there are about 20 Montana fans for every SH fan and every GSU fan is voting against SH cause their feelings are hurt they didnt get the #1 or #2 seed for that matter...Plus we havent nor has any other team from the Southland done anything to deserve anyone's respect in the playoffs in recent years...

kingkat99
November 22nd, 2011, 04:52 PM
I doubt it would be close enough to 90 to really be a factor.

It was 87 sunday so hopefully the temps will continue to be high and the south wind will keep the humidity up...

Squealofthepig
November 22nd, 2011, 04:59 PM
It was 87 sunday so hopefully the temps will continue to be high and the south wind will keep the humidity up...

And the heat can definitely be a factor, just as the chill can (Montana fans know about playing at McNeese). Currently, Bobcats consider 15 degrees short-sleeve weather (both Cats and Griz players were generally bare-armed in fifteen degree, crisp & dry weather last Saturday). While I think it is definitely harder for sunbelt teams to play in the cold (as the ball becomes a painful, stinging solid block of ice that doesn't behave like you're used to), you can't discount how hard it is to suddenly be playing in muggy, hot weather.

While unfair, I think a lot of us remember the last undefeated Southland team to be seeded in the playoffs, and how badly they lost in the opening round. Win a few this year and the perceived anti-Southland bias will disappear.

Cat79
November 22nd, 2011, 10:14 PM

You were the cupcake in 2005

Cat79
November 22nd, 2011, 10:21 PM

Going to Hunstville will not be to your advantage this year. Could be your graveyard

Cat79
November 22nd, 2011, 10:25 PM
And the heat can definitely be a factor, just as the chill can (Montana fans know about playing at McNeese). Currently, Bobcats consider 15 degrees short-sleeve weather (both Cats and Griz players were generally bare-armed in fifteen degree, crisp & dry weather last Saturday). While I think it is definitely harder for sunbelt teams to play in the cold (as the ball becomes a painful, stinging solid block of ice that doesn't behave like you're used to), you can't discount how hard it is to suddenly be playing in muggy, hot weather.

While unfair, I think a lot of us remember the last undefeated Southland team to be seeded in the playoffs, and how badly they lost in the opening round. Win a few this year and the perceived anti-Southland bias will disappear.

I watched their team first hand and can tell you this Bearkat team is much like our Texas State 2005 Bobcat team that lost in overtime of the semi-finals to UNI. Our 2005 team did defeat the Cal Poly team that defeated Montana.

Twentysix
November 22nd, 2011, 10:35 PM
Going to Huntsville will not be to your advantage this year. Could be your graveyard

Is that where ketchup is made?

gokats85
November 22nd, 2011, 10:47 PM

Nope, but it IS where if you kill someone in the State of Texas, the state will kill you back!:D

Twentysix
November 22nd, 2011, 10:48 PM
Nope, but it IS where if you kill someone in the State of Texas, the state will kill you back!:D

I would be more impressed if ketchup was made there.

Cleets
November 22nd, 2011, 10:54 PM
I would be more impressed if ketchup was made there.

So what exactly is made in Fargo..?

Cat79
November 22nd, 2011, 10:58 PM

They have a nice electric chair there. I guess it could turn someone into ketchup or maybe the lethal injection does the trick.

Silenoz
November 22nd, 2011, 11:02 PM

Great movies!

Grizzaholic
November 22nd, 2011, 11:18 PM

Suicide was invented

Twentysix
November 23rd, 2011, 12:01 AM

Microsoft Office along with other microsoft products, Smuckers Uncrustables, Crystal sugar, your Garmin or TomTom, Case/New Holland etc etc etc.

http://www.couponcloset.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/hunts-ketchup.jpg

Bearkat-Backer
November 23rd, 2011, 12:42 AM
Microsoft Office along with other microsoft products, Smuckers Uncrustables, Crystal sugar, your Garmin or TomTom, Case/New Holland etc etc etc.

http://www.couponcloset.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/hunts-ketchup.jpg

Crap electronics and diabetes?

Twentysix
November 23rd, 2011, 12:44 AM
Crap electronics and diabetes?

Your jealousy is showing. xrolleyesx