PDA

View Full Version : Alright NDSU! Can we do this?

Vitojr130
November 21st, 2011, 01:56 PM
Score a big one for NDSU with the #2 seed in the playoffs, but with such a tough section of the playoff brackets, does AGS Bison fans believe this team can go all the way? I believe that if the Bison play like they did in the playoffs last year and the first 8 games of the regular season this year that they have a good chance to take the NC. However, if they play like the have the last 2 games, I do not believe they can make it all the way. I like to think that the last two games they were taking easy because of the looming playoffs. It helps that we have a bye to heal up the team. Thoughts?

Edit: As long as they play like they did in the playoffs last year AND don't get screwed by the refs.

344Johnson
November 21st, 2011, 02:10 PM
If the team plays the way they did through the Northern Iowa game...could easily see us in Frisco, and by easily I mean I would give us a 50/50 shot. It will be interesting to see how we do against some CAA/SoCon competition. I honestly have no idea what will happen...last year I thought I had a general idea and none of it happened so I give up. I'm just going to sit on my couch this weekend, watch some games on espn3, and have a fun ride hopefully!

eagle07
November 21st, 2011, 02:12 PM
Someone out of our bracket will win

BisonLakes
November 21st, 2011, 02:15 PM
NDSU should've won it all last year - I don't see anyone coming close to beating us this year.

344Johnson
November 21st, 2011, 02:17 PM
NDSU should've won it all last year - I don't see anyone coming close to beating us this year.

Tell me why NDSU should have won it all last year? Please don't tell me you are still blaming the EWU game on the refs and not on the team for giving up a 90 yard drive in two minutes in a snowstorm...

BisonLakes
November 21st, 2011, 02:18 PM
Tell me why NDSU should have won it all last year? Please don't tell me you are still blaming the EWU game on the refs and not on the team for giving up a 90 yard drive in two minutes in a snowstorm...

Villanova, NDSU, and Delaware all should've beaten EWU last year. Credit to EWU in coming back to win those games, but NDSU should've won. And they would've done just fine against Delaware in Frisco.

Vitojr130
November 21st, 2011, 02:21 PM

Well, I blame the reffing because even with the level of play we got out of the Bison during that game, we took what turned out to be the national champions into overtime. When all is said and done, the one play that will be remembered most is the one where Brocks knee was down before he fumbled. Who knows how the game would have turned out if the refs would have called it right. The Bison were on a good drive and was probably going to score, hence the "fumble" in the end zone. If we played better than the EWU (because they definitely played better against MSU and RMU in the games leading to the EWU game), who knows whether or not the Bison would have won it all last year. I think they would have. Eh, that's just me though.

344Johnson
November 21st, 2011, 02:40 PM
Definitely would have been nice to get by EWU and see what would have happened.

BisonLakes
November 21st, 2011, 02:52 PM
So will you still be posting if Lehigh loses this game? AGS is littered with the corpses of long-forgotten posters whose teams didn't measure up...

Vitojr130
November 21st, 2011, 02:52 PM
sorry, but NDSU will not make it past the quarterfinal game against Lehigh

I hope this helps

I suppose NDSU did lose against an above average YSU team, so losing to a slightly above average Lehigh isn't 100% out of the question. However, our schedule easily trumps Lehighs, and our track record in said schedule leads me to believe that IF Lehigh made it to the Dome, they would be destroyed.

But thanks for playing!

Vitojr130
November 21st, 2011, 02:59 PM
so the #6 ranked Lehigh team is only "slightly above average"?

take a look at what Lehigh does to the CAA champ Towson in the 2nd round game and come back to apologize...

From looking at your schedule, the #6 ranking is a very generous one. I hope that Lehigh beats Towson by some fluke mistake (QB injury (just a bad enough sprain to leave the game or something), bad day, etc.) so that they can be dismantled in the Fargodome. That would be greatly entertaining.

Hammerhead
November 21st, 2011, 03:09 PM
That's the great thing about everybody but the FBS. The champion is determined on the field, not by having a computer pick the top 2 teams to go at it.

If NDSU loses in the playoffs, the majority of the Bison fans who post here will give props to the victor and start dreaming of next season.

ASU_Fanatic
November 21st, 2011, 03:12 PM
You're on the same side as ASU, add that in to being extremely overrated and you're toast. The only team that can stop us is GaSo which is a 50/50 game but my homerism says ASU pulls it out.

THE HERD
November 21st, 2011, 03:29 PM
so the #6 ranked Lehigh team is only "slightly above average"?

take a look at what Lehigh does to the CAA champ Towson in the 2nd round game and come back to apologize...

If Lehigh puts a beat down on Towson I will have no problem congratulating you and I will know you are for real. I just don't think it will happen, not saying it couldn't, just don't think it will.

Vitojr130
November 21st, 2011, 03:31 PM
You're on the same side as ASU, add that in to being extremely overrated and you're toast. The only team that can stop us is GaSo which is a 50/50 game but my homerism says ASU pulls it out.

According to your season, 3 other teams have stopped you and GSU wasn't one of them. The overrated trophy sits on App States AD's desk...

ASU_Fanatic
November 21st, 2011, 03:33 PM
According to your season, 3 other teams have stopped you and GSU wasn't one of them. The overrated trophy sits on App States AD's desk...

You're too funny, we barely even tried against Furman and Wofford, just wanted to make the road to Frisco tougher on us and not risk any bad injuies.

THE HERD
November 21st, 2011, 03:40 PM
As far as the Bison going all the way.....I just don't know, some things going against us 1)I believe we are in the tougher bracket of the two 2) We lost two of our starting O-lineman in the last game...one of them being our best 0-lineman in my opinion 3) If we do get by our first two games we will have to contend with GSU and only have a week of preperation for the vaunted triple option....not easy to do.4)QB with turf toe. A lot is going to be contingent upon how much we are able to heal up with the bye week. We have the talent to go all the way, but then so do quite a few other teams in the field, its all about who can get on a roll and get hot. If we can get by our first game we should get a few other guys back from injury, which could make all the difference. Everybody is dealing with injuries this time of year though and thats just football.

Vitojr130
November 21st, 2011, 03:41 PM
You're too funny, we barely even tried against Furman and Wofford, just wanted to make the road to Frisco tougher on us and not risk any bad injuies.

Haha why would they barely try against conference rivals when the title is on the line?

Vitojr130
November 22nd, 2011, 10:35 AM
As far as the Bison going all the way.....I just don't know, some things going against us 1)I believe we are in the tougher bracket of the two 2) We lost two of our starting O-lineman in the last game...one of them being our best 0-lineman in my opinion 3) If we do get by our first two games we will have to contend with GSU and only have a week of preperation for the vaunted triple option....not easy to do.4)QB with turf toe. A lot is going to be contingent upon how much we are able to heal up with the bye week. We have the talent to go all the way, but then so do quite a few other teams in the field, its all about who can get on a roll and get hot. If we can get by our first game we should get a few other guys back from injury, which could make all the difference. Everybody is dealing with injuries this time of year though and thats just football.

Thank God for the bye week. Our line needs it for sure!

semobison
November 22nd, 2011, 11:30 AM
Can we win it all? Absolutely, but we need to improve on the way we played the last two weeks of the season to do so! Hopefully the buy week helps with the guys who are banged up! My biggest concern is with Jensen's turf toe! At mid-season he was much more mobile and deadly accurate! If he can play at that level again we will be tough to beat at home! ...Last years game against EWU was not lost due to officiating! Conservative play calling and prevent defense was the culprit! If we would have taken care of business, the game never would have seen overtime!

Cleets
November 22nd, 2011, 11:34 AM
So will you still be posting if Lehigh loses this game? AGS is littered with the corpses of long-forgotten posters whose teams didn't measure up...

POST of the WEEK...

xlolx

MplsBison
November 22nd, 2011, 11:55 AM
That's the great thing about everybody but the FBS. The champion is determined on the field, not by having a computer pick the top 2 teams to go at it.

If NDSU loses in the playoffs, the majority of the Bison fans who post here will give props to the victor and start dreaming of next season.

A computer has about as much to do with picking the BCS bowl participants as it does in picking the 5 seeds for the FCS playoff bracket.

The day is ruled by emotional humans who are able to justify losses for some teams and not for other teams.

nmatsen
November 22nd, 2011, 11:56 AM

good thing Youngstown didn't make it in...

MplsBison
November 22nd, 2011, 12:03 PM
good thing Youngstown didn't make it in...

How is the fact that UNI got 2nd place in the MVFC this season tasting? xnodx

kevin1633
November 22nd, 2011, 12:08 PM
The best thing about our bracket is that everyone must come to the dome. I would like to see Lehigh in the dome and see if Lum is as good as advertised. Then get GSU, Appy St, or ODU. Do you think GSU backed out of the game earlier this year because they figured they would have to come during the playoffs?

MplsBison
November 22nd, 2011, 12:14 PM
The best thing about our bracket is that everyone must come to the dome. I would like to see Lehigh in the dome and see if Lum is as good as advertised. Then get GSU, Appy St, or ODU. Do you think GSU backed out of the game earlier this year because they figured they would have to come during the playoffs?

When the home and home with GSU was signed (back in 2005?), that was before Gene Taylor had been burned enough times to figure out that he needed to make the buy-out clauses very expensive.

I'm sure GSU was just being business minded, in that they made more money from the game they played at home than the cost of that guarantee to whichever team that was plus the buy-out.

Now hopefully NDSU never signs a home-and-home with a FCS team that does not include a $100k buy-out clause at least.

semobison
November 22nd, 2011, 12:23 PM

No they got out of the game to get another home game! If we had 5 at home and 6 on the road Bison fans would be pissed!