PDA

View Full Version : You are the AD

WMTribe90
May 20th, 2005, 01:09 PM
What one game would you add to your OOC schedule from I-AA?

What IA opponent would you most like to see?

For W&M:

I would most like to see a series with Hampton. These games have been sellouts to do the local interest and proximimty of the two schools. It could potentially be a boost to WM's recruitment of talent from the pennisula. The games themselves have been entertaining, and controversial on one occasion. After Hampton, I would most like to see a series with either Harvard or Lehigh. Good programs with good academics. Harvard could be billed as the matchup between the nation's two oldest colleges. While I would like to add Montana, GSU, or Mcneese, given our annual IA game and a brutal A-10 conference schedule, adding a game with a perrenial top ten is probably too much.

For a IA game it would have to be UVA. Our in-state academic rival. We playnthem in alot of other sports. The last time we played was 1995. We've beaten them in the past. Beyond UVA, match-ups with other regional ACC schools like Wake Forest, Duke, and Maryland are most desireable.

Ivytalk
May 20th, 2005, 01:26 PM
For Harvard:

OOC I-AA: I agree with W&MTribe that a Harvard-W&M series would be fun. We did have a home-and-home series with them about 20 years ago, as I recall, and it was in fact billed as the "two oldest colleges" series.

I-A: Harvard-Army, without question. We used to play the Cadets fairly often, and there's nothing like a game at Michie Stadium in October. Not to mention the tradition on both sides.

Coastal89
May 20th, 2005, 01:27 PM
As far as I-AA opponents, I'd add The Citadel provided they grow a set and agree to play us.

I-A teams in the Carolinas that I think would be good games are Duke, Wake Forest, and maybe Georgia Tech or Middle Tennesse.

colgate13
May 20th, 2005, 01:37 PM
I-AA: Our AD just did an awesome job getting one of my Top 5 requests, Furman, so after that I'd have to say Wofford for similarities with Colgate and then McNeese/UNI/Montana just to mix it up in leagues we don't have overlap with.

I-A: Syracuse. We'll get pounded most years but every 5 or so (based on past history) might just be close. I think in 2003 we could have scared them. The history there is just so deep it would be awesome to rekindle that.

saint0917
May 20th, 2005, 01:39 PM
I would like to see Umass add, Montana and Georiga Southern to there schedule

Proud Griz Man
May 20th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Most of Montana's past schedules have been very respectable. Some of the 1-AA programs that we played and that I hope will be scheduled again are:

McNeese State, Northern Iowa, Maine, Hofstra, Sam Houston State, Cal Poly, Cal Davis.

I would like to see Montana schedule 1-A programs from the Mountain West and WAC conferences (opponents we have more chance of beating or competing with for four quarters). Past 1-A programs that we played include:

Washington State, Oregon State, Oregon, Idaho, Hawaii, Fresno State, Wyoming, Kansas State, and Minnesota.

My personal favorites would be: 1-A Idaho because of the history and regional rivalry, and 1-AA Delaware because of the smack on this board. ;)

buckp
May 20th, 2005, 01:59 PM
I-AA: I'd like to see us play Northern Iowa again, plus more A-10 teams.

I-A: University of Louisiana at Lafayette (USL) - an old rivalry of McNeese - would like to see their butts get kicked again.....:nod:

blueballs
May 20th, 2005, 02:02 PM
For GSU an annual non conference game with SC State makes sense.

For a 1-A game either UGA or Ga Tech.

Fordham
May 20th, 2005, 02:06 PM
I-AA - Villanova

I-A - Army

ccujacket
May 20th, 2005, 02:07 PM
The Citadel and the Cocks.

bunny
May 20th, 2005, 02:20 PM
For Delaware...

I-AA: Lehigh (my favorite rivalry), at Eastern Washington (I live in Washington)
I-A: Temple (Hens can still beat them)

Paladin1aa
May 20th, 2005, 02:34 PM
It would be a slaughter , but I'd add I-AA (non-schollie) Dayton ( instead of our D-2). Huge gate. Great fan interest. Intra-state rival.

eaglefan452
May 20th, 2005, 02:38 PM
I would like to see Montana and Georiga Southern schedule

Ditto, it would be a great series between two great programs with great fan bases that travel well, and would be great for I-AA in general. I would like to see the Delaware series renewed as well, it seems like the last time we had the home-and-home, both teams were not as good as they usually are/were and it would be good for the same reasons as the Montana series would.

kats89
May 20th, 2005, 03:09 PM
I would like to see Sam Houston get someone from the east coast down to our part of the country, Delaware,James Madison to name a couple. Come on down in September for a little heat & humidity (ask the Montana faithful about this one).
I-A's, our AD has done a nice job for 2005 and 2006 playing some in state I-A's
2005 I-A opponents
Univ of Houston
TX Tech

2006 I-A Opponents booked for sure

SMU

grizbeer
May 20th, 2005, 03:14 PM
GA Southern would be #1 for me, with Delaware #2. It would have been great if Montana would have dumped Fort Lewis on Labor Day weekend and added GA Southern - would have been a nice Labor Day vacation for GA Southern fans, and that weekend is the 200th anniversary of Lewis and Clark passing through the Missoula area, so it would have been a great tourist tie in as well.

Didn't happen, so I am left with the coulda beens. :(

Down with the Foe!
May 20th, 2005, 03:25 PM
The Citadel and the Cocks.

http://www.televisione.it/fnts/televisione/immagini/278x182/beavis01.jpg

uhhh huhhhhhh...eeeehhh heeehhehhehehe...

he said Citadel

;)

FU97
May 20th, 2005, 04:05 PM
For Furman, I'd have to say:

I-A: South Carolina. We can get Clemscum to play us, but since we beat the **** out of the cocks back in the early 1980's they won't come close to us

I-AA: I'd love to get another shot at JMU. Home and home with either Delaware/Montana would be fun.

JMU Duke Dog
May 20th, 2005, 04:24 PM
After this past offseason's difficulty in finding an 11th opponent I would like to see JMU play any of the following schools:

I-AA: Appalachian State, Elon, Hampton, Western Kentucky

I-A: UVA, N.C. State, UNC, Wake Forest, Navy, Louisville, Marshall

Lehigh Football Nation
May 20th, 2005, 04:27 PM
For I-AA schools, Lehigh/Delaware is such a great rivalry, I'd love to get it on the schedule as often as possible.. PREFERABLY with a home-and-home. If that isn't possible, I'd love to see other SoCon opponents on the list. Furman, GSU, Wofford. The Citadel would be very intriguing too since the coach there Kevin Higgins had great success at Lehigh, and a matchup would put the "mentor" against the "student" who took the helm when he left.

I-A, I'd have to say Penn State. The way the stars are aligned right now, it would not happen, but I couldn't imagine a bigger I-A game for the Lehigh Valley. No other college football game would even come close that week. If not Penn State, I'd love to play Pitt. That seems more doable.

yomama
May 20th, 2005, 04:47 PM
For Furman, I'd have to say:

I-A: South Carolina. We can get Clemscum to play us, but since we beat the **** out of the cocks back in the early 1980's they won't come close to us

28-23. wow.

You just like using **** and cocks in the same sentence, don't you?

DFW HOYA
May 20th, 2005, 06:50 PM
I-AA - Villanova

I-A - Army

Ditto on both. Seems Villanova will play every other PL school before their fellow Big East rival (Colgate, Fordham, Bucknell, and Lehigh as opponents since 2002).

DTSpider
May 20th, 2005, 07:48 PM
I like the thread.

For Richmond the 3 OOC games each year are fairly easy:

1. VMI

2. 1A team: Vandy, Duke, UVA, Wake, Navy, any other ACC team

3. Patriot League team (Georgetown first choice)

12 game years...Liberty or a SoCon team (Elon or Furman preferred)

Grizo406
May 20th, 2005, 07:59 PM
My choice would be GSU, UNI, or Delaware...at Washington/Grizzly.

Hansel
May 20th, 2005, 08:18 PM
I-AA, UNI, Mont, Mont St, UD, GSU, UMass

IA, Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa State, Wisconsin

ngineer
May 20th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Since we have Villanova for 5 years beginning in 2006, I'd say slipping in Delaware would be really something. Otherwise, a top SoCon would be good. A couple years ago, we tried hooking up with Florida A&M and Bethune, but didn't workout. That would be a great trip for us.
As for I-A, Penn State is out of the question. At the very least I'd like to see a series with Army or Navy restarted. It's been over 20 years since we played either.

Lapper
May 20th, 2005, 08:46 PM
CI-TA-D-E-L & East Carolina; this will help our regional recruiting.

Delaware (The Battle of the Poultry Sexes)

The rest we are already playing in 2005 & 2006 (App St., Ga Southern, SC State, Elon, and JMU) :cool:

Tod
May 20th, 2005, 08:50 PM
28-23. wow.

You just like using **** and cocks in the same sentence, don't you?

You should know. Nothing like being a &ick, huh?

GreatAppSt
May 20th, 2005, 09:48 PM
1-AA Delaware

IA ARMY :)

Let's see how long this takes?

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 21st, 2005, 12:56 AM
At the very least I'd like to see a series with Army or Navy restarted. It's been over 20 years since we played either.>>

Lehigh played at Army in 1995, they lost 42-9. That was the year Notre Dame stopped Army's 2 pt conversion with no time left at the Meadowlands to escape with a 28-27 victory. Army finished that year 5-5-1, and went on to post a 10-2 record in 1996 with 32-29 a loss to Auburn in the Independance Bowl, that was their last Top 25 finish. Army played 3 PL teams in 1995, beating Lehigh 42-9, Colgate 56-14 and Bucknell 37-6 .As a side note, the 1995 Army-Lehigh game was the first game with the plain Gold helmets. The interlocking LU logo was suppose to be on the helmet for the game but something got screwed up and it was left off. If you look at the uniforms they were identical to the ones worn in 1994 minus the helmet logo. After the game they decided to leave off the logo and went on to win the league that year. The rest is history, i wish they put the logo back on though!!! :rolleyes:

Grizo406
May 21st, 2005, 01:00 AM
I want to add another one to my list...SHSU, in December, (ask the BearKat faithful about that one.) ;)

bonarae
May 21st, 2005, 09:13 AM
I-AA:

Resume the series with Umass; otherwise James Madison.

I-A:
Could it be Stanford? Or Duke perhaps?

JMU Duke Dog
May 21st, 2005, 09:18 AM
I-AA: Resume the series with Umass; otherwise James Madison.

We both should have started off the 2005 season playing each other as unfortunately Ivy League schools do not go to the playoffs. I know they would not be 100% the 2004 teams; however, Harvard versus JMU would still be a very interesting game to watch between an undefeated regular season team and the playoff national champion.

OL FU
May 21st, 2005, 12:55 PM
For Furman,

I-A, the easy answer is South Carolina because it has been over twenty years since we have played. But honestly, Marshall. In the overall series FU dominated, but I think the last game was a 50 something to nothing whooping in the playoffs. I would like one last crack at them.

I-AA, It is always the last team to beat you. As of now, JAMES MADISON.

NEZ
May 21st, 2005, 02:09 PM
I would like to see GSU or Montana as annual I-AA powerhouse game
would like to play a home and home with App St. or Furman.

I-A game we get in 2008 (Maryland) would like to play any of the Big East
or other ACC teams.

ChickenMan
May 22nd, 2005, 07:38 AM
1AA... since we have already played one with GSU... I'd like to see a home/home vs either Montana... Furman... McNesse St or ASU. In that order.

1A... There's no need to go for a 'money' game so I'd like to play a 1A within driving distance... where UD has a shot at winning. Wake Forest... North Carolina... or Army.

Saint3333
May 22nd, 2005, 09:37 AM
1-AA JMU and Delaware
1-A Wake, Duke, UNC-CH

galojay
May 22nd, 2005, 10:00 AM
For Western Kentucky:

I-AA - Murray State (they declined to play us), Georgia Southern, App State, McNeese

I-A - University of Kentucky because I know we'd beat em!

wkuhillhound
May 22nd, 2005, 10:47 AM
For I-AA: I would like see WKU play either Furman, McNeese State, possibly even thinking outside of the box and play teams like Alabama A&M, Southern, or Grambling.

For I-A: UK, Indiana, or Vanderbilt...

blukeys
May 22nd, 2005, 12:02 PM
I would like to see the Delaware series renewed as well, it seems like the last time we had the home-and-home, both teams were not as good as they usually are/were and it would be good for the same reasons as the Montana series would.

A return of GSU would be very popular in Newark. There was a good deal of excitement surrounding the series and the '97 and '00 playoff games were classic tough hard fought games. Most Hen fans appreciate the fact that GSU jumped in to cover scheduling the SNAFU caused by Youngstown backing out of a long term commitment (I think to schedule Slippery Rock ;) )

My choices for 1-A Temple, the animosity goes back decades and they will probably not have a program in 3 years.

My choices for I-AA.

McNeese, I want to tailgate where they have real gumbo and trade shots of Snakebites with buckp.

Montana, Any opportunity to run into Grizchk.

Doc QB
May 23rd, 2005, 11:01 AM
I would love for Lehigh to drop the NEC type teams and for each OOC game try to schedule the IVY champ, a perennial A-10 contender, and instead of a I-A they would probably never beat, another I-AA powerhouse that even a loss would maybe still help their playoff credibility.

My choices: 1) Villanova (for recruiting area wars) or Delaware every year
2) Penn (again for recruiting wars) or Harvard
3) Restart the W&M series, or add JMU or Furman

I believe that 11-0 or 10-1 with OOC victories over NECs and bad Ivies is not as powerful as, maybe, 9-2 or 8-3 when you OOC losses may be close games against much better OOC games (as seen above). It would put more asses in the seats, too.

Any Lehigh fans out there agree?

henfan
May 23rd, 2005, 11:21 AM
I-AA: the Hornets of Delaware State in Newark.

If I-AA home-homes made financial sense, I'd like to see Appalachian, McNeese, Montana, Texas St., Portland St., UC-Davis, Grambling, Northwestern St., Georgia Southern (again), Youngstown (again), Penn (again), and Princeton (again). Lehigh's a good road trip and a great rival.

I-A: Don't really care for I-A, though Army would be fun. Wouldn't mind Temple, Rutgers, Pitt or UConn either.

blukeys
May 23rd, 2005, 11:23 AM
I believe that 11-0 or 10-1 with OOC victories over NECs and bad Ivies is not as powerful as, maybe, 9-2 or 8-3 when you OOC losses may be close games against much better OOC games (as seen above). It would put more asses in the seats, too.

Not a Lehigh fan but I agree. This will help you to get into the playoffs as an at-large.

ngineer
May 23rd, 2005, 01:23 PM
I'd much rather see us add an A-10 or a 'mid 1-A' like Army, Navy, Rutgers, etc. Would be better to set up a home and home with an A-10 or a SoCon. We'd get a nice crowd at Goodman for those. There's little interest in the 'casual' fan to come out to see Stony Brook, Cent. Conn, etc, so we'd only get 7-9,000 for such a game. Bring in Delware, Villanova, Wm & Mary, etc., with the students on campus and you're looking at 13-16,000.

ngineer
May 23rd, 2005, 01:26 PM
I would love for Lehigh to drop the NEC type teams and for each OOC game try to schedule the IVY champ, a perennial A-10 contender, and instead of a I-A they would probably never beat, another I-AA powerhouse that even a loss would maybe still help their playoff credibility.

Totally agree--though I'd like to see us play Army and Navy. Forget Penn--they won't play us anymore. Broke our contract with them in favor of playing Dusquene. They don't want to play us and Villanova in the same year, and they prefer playing 'nova.
I'd love to renew the W&M series--great trip.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 23rd, 2005, 01:54 PM

Playing Devil's Advocate, in 2003 we went 8-3 after losing to a I-A (UConn, who was under consideration for a bowl at the time), undefeated Colgate, and undefeated Penn - and no blowouts. But 8-3 was not "good enough" for the playoffs.

For our beloved Patriot League, the sad truth is a respectable second-place team will likely have their season come to an end if they have a "respectable" 8-3 record, but if they have a 10-1 or 9-2 record with wins against ranked opponents, they have a better shot - look at 2004. Lost to Villanova and Lafayette - but squeaked in the playoffs.

It's a catch-22. Have an OOC filled with NEC/MAAC teams? Your team wasn't any good since they just beat wussy teams. Go 8-3 with a brutal schedule? Sorry, if you go 1-2 against nationally-ranked teams, you sit at home during the playoffs while WKU makes the playoffs with a Division II win - too bad if the rest of the nation doesn't respect your conference wins against Fordham and Bucknell.

The only way is to schedule a "middle-road" schedule, with a MAAC/NEC game, a couple "middle competitive" games or intermixed with a couple "challenging games". I think this is the way to go. This year: Harvard/Delaware "challenging", Yale/VMI "middle", Monmouth (MAAC/NEC). Furthermore, we'll be playing on the road against 2 nationally-ranked teams (Harvard and Delaware) - not easy.

However, I do agree that more fannies show up in the seats for good potential A-10 games like Villanova and/or Delaware at Murray Goodman. I'd think upper echelon SoCon teams like GSU and Furman would draw well in Goodman on reputation alone.

The middle road here is the only way, IMO.

McNeeserocket
May 23rd, 2005, 03:55 PM

I-A: University of Louisiana at Lafayette (USL) - an old rivalry of McNeese - would like to see their butts get kicked again.....:nod:
Ditto! Agree on Northern Iowa and ULL. I want to go to Northern Iowa and see their indoor stadium. I like their fans.

Also would like to add Montana (have the greatest respect for their program and fans) in September (but not November or December), Weber (because their stadium has a beautiful back drop), Western KY (because their fans are great), and Masschusetts (because of some of their smack).

For I-A teams, besides UL-L, someday we got to play LSU! Wouldn't mind a game in Austin against the Texas Longhorns!

BlackSaturday
May 25th, 2005, 04:59 AM
I-A Wake Forest

I-AA JMU You always want a shot at the champ

BBB
May 25th, 2005, 01:11 PM
1-A? Maryland or Navy

1-AA-Georgetown since we're in the same city, it's about time we met.

I would also like to play JMU, Montana (to see the stadium), the Citadel, and Illinois State (went there for a exchange program)

leatherneck177
May 25th, 2005, 03:53 PM
I-AA Game: I would probably like to see a rematch with Montana from the 2003 playoffs. Other possibilities that would be nice would be Eastern Illinois or North Dakota State.

I-A Game: It could be different now, but Illinois was pretty much ducking in state teams for the past couple of years. I know Illinois State was on their schedule a couple times, but they had weak teams. I'd still like to see Illinois play Western Illinois, especially now when their talent is still down.

LUHawker
May 25th, 2005, 04:56 PM
For Lehigh, I'd love to see Rutgers or Army on the I-A side and a resumption of a series with William & Mary. Other I-AA's on my wish list include Richmond and Furman.

ngineer
May 25th, 2005, 08:41 PM
With Higgins at The Citadel, don't be surprised to see a series start up if the 12 game becomes permenant.

UMgrizzlies
June 1st, 2005, 06:04 PM
Most of Montana's past schedules have been very respectable. Some of the 1-AA programs that we played and that I hope will be scheduled again are:

McNeese State, Northern Iowa, Maine, Hofstra, Sam Houston State, Cal Poly, Cal Davis.

I would like to see Montana schedule 1-A programs from the Mountain West and WAC conferences (opponents we have more chance of beating or competing with for four quarters). Past 1-A programs that we played include:

Washington State, Oregon State, Oregon, Idaho, Hawaii, Fresno State, Wyoming, Kansas State, and Minnesota.

My personal favorites would be: 1-A Idaho because of the history and regional rivalry, and 1-AA Delaware because of the smack on this board. ;)

I agree. There are many teams in the WAC that I believe Montana could at leats trade blows with for four periods. I would also like to see the Griz add some lofty east coast opponents such as Delaware, Furman or Georgia Southern.

VictorG
June 1st, 2005, 10:00 PM
I-AA Grambling

I-A Wyoming

mainejeff
June 1st, 2005, 10:59 PM
For Maine:

1. McNeese State
2. Georgia Southern
3. Montana (again)
4. Northern Iowa
5. Harvard

Sly Fox
June 2nd, 2005, 09:28 AM
Selfishly, I'd love to see the Flames play a I-AA contest or two down here in Texas at either Sam Houston or Texas State.

As for I-A, bring on Notre Dame. It'd be fun to have the Baptist/Catholic smack all week leading up to the game.

TexasTerror
June 2nd, 2005, 11:28 AM
For Sam...

Would love non-conference matchups against Western Kentucky. Nice folks when we played them down here in I-AA playoffs. I think everyone in Montana wants to see the Kats for some home-and-home again. Would love to play Northern Iowa and Appalachian State.

I-A matchups. Rice (good prep for Nicholls) and La Tech.

Grizo406
June 2nd, 2005, 02:29 PM
I'd support a home-home with Sam Houston State...as long as we don't have to play at their house early in the season. ;)

dbackjon
June 2nd, 2005, 03:05 PM
I would like to see NAU play each year (besides the 7 conference games):

1) One Intra-Regional I-AA game (like Sam Houston, UNI, etc). Any Gateway or Southland team that will do home and home is fine.
2) One Game against a GWFC foe. Ideally, I would like to play SUU every year (closest I-AA school to Flagstaff).

And either
3) One Regional I-A game (Arizona, UNLV, Nevada, New Mexico St, UTEP)
4) One Regional II game (W New Mexico, E New Mexico, etc)

or

3/4) Additional games against GWFC schools

OrneryAggie
June 3rd, 2005, 04:06 PM
Here's who I'd like to see UC Davis play:

IAA: St Mary's and Cal St Northridge
IA: Santa Clara, UOP, Long Beach St, UC Santa Barbara, CSU Fullerton
DII: Chico St, Sonoma St, SF St

Oh wait, I forgot football is a banned substance in California.

As far as current IAA teams go, I don't really feel like watching the Ags gets their asses handed to them by the likes of WKU, GSU, UM, SIU, the whole A-10 right now. But I hope some of those teams make in onto the schedule in years to come (I think Montana is up in '07 or '08). I'd also really like to see some Ivies on the schedule; Harvard, Penn, Yale. Davis is a college town with plenty of Ivy grads and there'd be a lot of interest if one of them came out west. Plus the way UCD scholarships are going most ivies probably hand out more 'aid' than ucd currently does.

IA: I hope to see the ags play all these teams in the same season: Cal, Stanford, UCLA, USC, UO, OSU, UW, WSU, ASU, and UA. Or at least 8 of the 10. If we can't get all those teams in the same season them my second choice would be to play Fresno, Boise, Nevada, SJSU, USU, La Tech, Hawaii, and NMSU all in the same season. If I could only pick one then it'd be UCLA because the ags have a good chance at beating them right now.

Proud Griz Man
June 3rd, 2005, 04:30 PM
Mr. Aggie:

I think that Cal State Northridge quit playing FB 4-5 years ago.

ncbears
June 3rd, 2005, 04:44 PM
I would like to see UNC play:

1aa- William and Mary

1a- Wyoming Cowboys. Being how Joe Glenn is a former UNC coach.

Tribe4SF
June 3rd, 2005, 11:17 PM
As far as current IAA teams go, I don't really feel like watching the Ags gets their asses handed to them by the likes of WKU, GSU, UM, SIU, the whole A-10 right now. But I hope some of those teams make in onto the schedule in years to come (I think Montana is up in '07 or '08).

Uh, don't look now, but New Hampshire will be arriving in Davis on Sept. 3. :nod: :eek: :nod: :eek:

OrneryAggie
June 4th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Uh, don't look now, but New Hampshire will be arriving in Davis on Sept. 3. :nod: :eek: :nod: :eek:

Yeah, I know. I said I don't feel like watching the ags eat their own shoulder pads for dinner but I'll be there anyway. I think that since the ags are pretty much paying UNH's way out here UNH should be good guests and let the host aggies play against their second teamers.

Actually, from talking to some of the UCD players and coaches, this should be one of the best shootouts in IAA next season. They seem to think UNH's D is shaky (we already know the Ags' D is undersized and injury prone) and both teams are running pass-happy offenses with young QB's and deep receiver corps. UCD also usually comes out firing on all cylinder to start the season (6-1 in last 7 home openers). I think we have a good shot at taking this one.

Mr. Aggie:

I think that Cal State Northridge quit playing FB 4-5 years ago.

All those teams I listed at the top are Cali teams that have dropped football in the past 15 years. I was just saying I'd like to see some of them bring football back.

Nyghtewynd
June 4th, 2005, 01:16 PM
1-AA: I wish SMS would knock off the D-2 game and play a non-scholie 1-AA team, especially when there's a built-in conference rival in Drake every year.

1-A: Easy to say Mizzou, but I'd like to see Kansas and the service academies on that list, too.

Pantherpower
June 4th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I know. I said I don't feel like watching the ags eat their own shoulder pads for dinner but I'll be there anyway. I think that since the ags are pretty much paying UNH's way out here UNH should be good guests and let the host aggies play against their second teamers.

It is always hard on a team when they have to travel great distances to play a game. I don't see why this won't be a competitive game.

Tribe4SF
June 4th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Actually, from talking to some of the UCD players and coaches, this should be one of the best shootouts in IAA next season. They seem to think UNH's D is shaky (we already know the Ags' D is undersized and injury prone) and both teams are running pass-happy offenses with young QB's and deep receiver corps. UCD also usually comes out firing on all cylinder to start the season (6-1 in last 7 home openers). I think we have a good shot at taking this one.

A-10 folks will be watching that game closely to get a read on UNH. The pass-catch duo may have been the best in the country last year, but they lost a premier back and a few key defenders. They're a good football team, but they don't have alot of depth. If it's hot out there, they may wear down.

ucdtim17
June 4th, 2005, 03:02 PM
A-10 folks will be watching that game closely to get a read on UNH. The pass-catch duo may have been the best in the country last year, but they lost a premier back and a few key defenders. They're a good football team, but they don't have alot of depth. If it's hot out there, they may wear down.

IF it's hot? That's a foregone conclusion and could very well work to the Ags' advantage as they'll have been out in the 100 degree heat for the past month, every day. Either way, I'm glad I won't have to play

GeauxLions94
June 4th, 2005, 09:55 PM

I-AA - Southern (hey, we're only 45 minutes apart and have only played 2-3 times)

Georgia Southern/Montana - as Ric Flair would say ... "in order to be the best, you have to face the best."

I-A - The University of Louisiana .... at Lafayette. An old rivalry of Southeastern as well and just like buckp said - would like to see their butts get kicked again.

Also throw in Louisiana Tech and UL-Monroe for good measure

WCU LawCat
June 5th, 2005, 01:32 AM
I-AA Reginal

Coastal Carolina
McNeese St.
Jacksonville St.

I-A Reginal

East Carolina (an old rivalry and we could whoop the pants off of them)

justballn21
June 5th, 2005, 01:51 AM
Man I wish we could play Delaware......oh wait my bad we got em already!

Jaxhen
June 5th, 2005, 06:39 AM
I-A - I'd like to see Delaware play Penn State (recently, I think Delaware may have been able to beat them, especially in 2003), Pitt, Syracuse, Rutgers (used to play them regularly), Boston College, North Carolina, Duke, Virginia.

I-AA - Georgia Southern, Furman, Appalachian State, Montana, McNeese State.

Husky Alum
June 5th, 2005, 08:23 PM
1-A:

Boston College (again)
Army
Northwestern - just to mess with the announcers
LSU - were supposed to play them in 2003 but URI couldn't move one of their OOC's
Baylor - their AD is our former AD, and I'd love to give them a run

1-AA:

Holy Cross - chicken shirts won't play us any more, they used us for punching bags in the late 80s/early 90s

Harvard - love the atmosphere

Yale - I'd love to see the alma mater play on the field where I spent many a Saturday as a child

NDSU - I need to hit 3 states to get all 50, North Dakota is one of them

McNeese - Ron Everhart speaks highly about the atmosphere on a Saturday Night

Boston University - A guy can dream, can't he?

ANY of the HBCU's