PDA

View Full Version : What team's fans whine the most about lack of respect?

DOME
November 20th, 2011, 08:45 PM
I mean Bison bragging on their DII championships and beating the dumb gophers?

GSo thinking a win over Toscolum? is deserving of a #1 seed and a bye straight to frisco?

Liberty thinking that handling the Patriot League earns them a #1?

Who cries the most?

P.S. What happened to that Chattanooga poster?

No_Skill
November 20th, 2011, 08:47 PM
UNI :P

R3TRO
November 20th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Dayton

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2011, 08:50 PM
I haven't read everything, but so far UNI and Lehigh.

Gaterrier
November 20th, 2011, 09:03 PM
UNI. They're whining about having to go ahead and schedule a trip to Montana and having to put up with playing Wofford (see UNI board). Darn Terriers - just getting in the way again.

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2011, 09:05 PM
UNI. They're whining about having to go ahead and schedule a trip to Montana and having to put up with playing Wofford (see UNI board). Darn Terriers - just getting in the way again.

Don't take it personally. A lot of them ignore the rest of the FCS until the playoffs. I am TravelingPanther on that board and they didn't care for my take on things.

Gaterrier
November 20th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Just never seen anything like it...maybe we can at least entertain the Dome fans. Don't want them to get bored with all of the runnin' we'll try to do.

GaSouthern
November 20th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Georgia State, 2012 SEC Champions

UNIFanSince1983
November 20th, 2011, 09:12 PM
I am now curious about this. I try to stay away from PantherNation because that is where the most delusional and biased fans reside. It does seem odd there is post there already about a fan charter to Montana.

If you visit anyone's fan board (except maybe SHSU) they are probably melting down about how they got hosed.

Gaterrier
November 20th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Georgia State, 2012 SEC Champions

HAAAAA!!!!!!!

You just received the award for best post ever by a GSU fan!

Gaterrier
November 20th, 2011, 09:15 PM
It really is OK. Wofford is definitely used to being disrespected. And no, I'm not whining about - we actually love it. We thrive in that environment.

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2011, 09:18 PM
I am now curious about this. I try to stay away from PantherNation because that is where the most delusional and biased fans reside. It does seem odd there is post there already about a fan charter to Montana.

If you visit anyone's fan board (except maybe SHSU) they are probably melting down about how they got hosed.

Also weird because a charter to Montana is unlikely.

katstrapper
November 20th, 2011, 09:25 PM
This thread is funny!!! ha ha

I would say everyone that is in the SoCon!

Skjellyfetti
November 20th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Pretty sure it was Elon that started a thread last week begging for respect.

LehighU11
November 20th, 2011, 09:42 PM

GSo thinking a win over Toscolum? is deserving of a #1 seed and a bye straight to frisco?

Who cries the most?

Considering the fact that you think Liberty is the 10-1 Patriot League champ, I think this just goes to show that not many know about Lehigh, just as I don't follow SHSU since they're in the Southland.

Blueandwhitefightfight
November 20th, 2011, 09:53 PM

Who cries the most?

Who is GSo? You mean GSU, Ga. Southern, GASOU, or Georgia Southern?

You can talk about us playing a DII team all you want but here is some hard evidence as to our strength of schedule per the Sagarin ratings. Since it is the end of the regular season, the Sagarin ratings is a very good indicator of performance.

Sagarin Ratings (the higher the number, the more difficult the schedule):

65 UNI w/ a SoS rating of 58.46

66 NDSU w/ a SoS rating of 54.07

70 Georgia Southern w/ a SoS rating of 56.12

77 SHSU w/ a SoS rating of 43.72

As you can see, UNI played a tougher schedule than GSU. They did not, however, win their conference. I personally do not believe a team that doesn't win their conference outright should get a higher seed than a team with the same record who did win their conference (especially when that conference is the SoCon). NDSU did not have as difficult of a schedule as GSU. However they had an extra win (over a FCS team, nonetheless). I'll give them the higher seed. SHSU has a miserable strength of schedule. Yes, they won out. But honestly, NDSU, UNI, and GSU would be undefeated as well with a schedule like that. I think Southern earned a higher seed than SHSU simply based on quality of wins.

Honestly, I think we completely deserve the #3 seed.

The only thing that I was shocked to see was that the committee put App. St. in our bracket, having the two teams playing in the quarterfinals.

I guess they are trying to make $$$.

StorminASU
November 20th, 2011, 10:14 PM
It has to be either Lehigh or NDSU as far as I can tell, though SHSU seems to be pretty close too. They all evidently think the world is against them and especially for Lehigh; no one really cares about the Patriot league.

LehighU11
November 20th, 2011, 10:28 PM
no one really cares about the Patriot league.

No one in the South, maybe. However, Lehigh-Lafayette is pretty huge. SI says it "is something you have to do once in your life", there's a documentary narrated by Harry Kalas, NESN-a Boston outlet-had a truck and crew at yesterday's game, and there was an article last night in the LA Times (http://articles.latimes.com/2011/nov/19/sports/la-sp-lehigh-lafayette-20111120). There is a pretty good relationship between Ivy and Patriot League fans.

No one up here cares about your almighty SoCon, even if it is a much more competitive league with larger fan bases.

Wildcat80
November 20th, 2011, 10:37 PM
It has to be either Lehigh or NDSU as far as I can tell, though SHSU seems to be pretty close too. They all evidently think the world is against them and especially for Lehigh; no one really cares about the Patriot league.

This year hands down the whining engineers of lehigh!

Tatanka
November 20th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Who is GSo? You mean GSU, Ga. Southern, GASOU, or Georgia Southern?

You can talk about us playing a DII team all you want but here is some hard evidence as to our strength of schedule per the Sagarin ratings. Since it is the end of the regular season, the Sagarin ratings is a very good indicator of performance.

Sagarin Ratings (the higher the number, the more difficult the schedule):

65 UNI w/ a SoS rating of 58.46

66 NDSU w/ a SoS rating of 54.07

70 Georgia Southern w/ a SoS rating of 56.12

77 SHSU w/ a SoS rating of 43.72

As you can see, UNI played a tougher schedule than GSU. They did not, however, win their conference. I personally do not believe a team that doesn't win their conference outright should get a higher seed than a team with the same record who did win their conference (especially when that conference is the SoCon). NDSU did not have as difficult of a schedule as GSU. However they had an extra win (over a FCS team, nonetheless). I'll give them the higher seed. SHSU has a miserable strength of schedule. Yes, they won out. But honestly, NDSU, UNI, and GSU would be undefeated as well with a schedule like that. I think Southern earned a higher seed than SHSU simply based on quality of wins.

Honestly, I think we completely deserve the #3 seed.

The only thing that I was shocked to see was that the committee put App. St. in our bracket, having the two teams playing in the quarterfinals.

I guess they are trying to make $$$.

If you're going to quote the Sagarin ratings, I'm assuming you also understand that Sagarin only uses games against Divison I competition to calculate ratings and strength of schedule.

From the Sagarin Football Ratings page on USATODAY.COM: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htm

In COLLEGE FOOTBALL the W-L records include ALL games, but ONLY
games between the 245 TEAMS RATED here are used for RATING and SCHEDULE
STRENGTH computations.

Tusculum (or any other NAIA/DII) is not one of the 245 Division I teams rated. This artificially inflates the SOS as reported by the Sagarin rating.

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Today: GSU
This Season: Lehigh
Record Whine in One Season: San Diego
Since Moving to DI: NDSU (because we are disrespected)
Individual Award: M. Farley UNI

frozennorth
November 20th, 2011, 10:53 PM

/thread complete. Thanks everyone for coming out.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 20th, 2011, 11:00 PM
We JMU fans whine a lot, but usually about our coach. We have a new "Fire Mickey!" thread every week. The debates are endless...

I thought we had finally decided our AD was in good graces with the JMU fanbase after pulling the JMU v. West Virginia game at FedEx Field, but after this bid debacle with EKU, we are really caught scratching our heads.

At least we try to keep our whining in house most of the time.

Just to piss them off, we like to say that UR whines a lot. ;)

Dallas Demon
November 21st, 2011, 01:16 AM

Now this is funny! xlolx

Squealofthepig
November 21st, 2011, 03:13 AM
How about teams whose fans don't seem to whine?

UCA fans have been great this year, and are reveling in a really good season; while I could see their fanbase seeing somewhat of a slight based on playing in the Southland, the fans here at least seem to be one-game-at-a-time, just-happy-to-still-be-playing types.

And, maybe I missed it, but I've also yet to see a UNH fan grousing about being sent out to Montana State in the second round.

(Every team has their share of whiners, and I think it's always important to separate the team from specific individual fans).

frozennorth
November 21st, 2011, 03:19 AM
Montana is the most whine free team by far.

Dane96
November 21st, 2011, 06:34 AM

Bowing to this post.

Well done sir, well done.

bleedblue
November 21st, 2011, 06:58 AM

+1. Well done!

Mattymc727
November 21st, 2011, 07:15 AM
Montana is the most whine free team by far.

I dont think there is anything to whine about for them. They have everything

EKUSteve
November 21st, 2011, 07:27 AM
As an EKU fan, I'm happy we're in the playoffs. We haven't done anything to earn the respect of this board since our last playoff win was 1994. Hope we can change that on Saturday.

TheRevSFA
November 21st, 2011, 07:28 AM
I'm sure there are some Sam fans whining about lack of respect for their #1 seed..but it's not Sam that's being disrespected, it's the Southland playoff history.

semobison
November 21st, 2011, 08:15 AM

Respect is earned only on the field! Fans who whine about their team not getting respect have insecurity issues!

Bearkat-Backer
November 21st, 2011, 08:49 AM
How about teams whose fans don't seem to whine?

UCA fans have been great this year, and are reveling in a really good season; while I could see their fanbase seeing somewhat of a slight based on playing in the Southland, the fans here at least seem to be one-game-at-a-time, just-happy-to-still-be-playing types.

And, maybe I missed it, but I've also yet to see a UNH fan grousing about being sent out to Montana State in the second round.

(Every team has their share of whiners, and I think it's always important to separate the team from specific individual fans).

Agree 100%. All of the UCA fans I have met are class acts. I post on UCAFans.com some too and they are the same way over there.