PDA

View Full Version : Which game are you most excited to see?

Mattymc727
November 20th, 2011, 01:06 PM
There are a lot of good matchups out there to start the playoffs. Which games are you most excited to see before the NC? This can include "potential" matchups in the QF and SF too.

Mountaineer#96
November 20th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Maine @ ASU

Then the potential match up with GSU.......our Mountaineers at home are like no other. On the road is another story.

Squealofthepig
November 20th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Wofford at the Dome. Several interesting stories, from Wofford needing some heroics just to get to the playoffs to UNI representing a shockingly sparse MVFC (still shocked at that).

Mattymc727
November 20th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I think Maine @ App, UNH @ Montana State, Lehigh @ Towson, and Wofford @ UNI are all awesome games. I dont know which one is best. I cant wait for Dec. 3rd

JmuSkinsfan
November 20th, 2011, 01:20 PM
If JMU beats EKU ... JMU @ NDSU would be a great game.

LehighU11
November 20th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Well, naturally for me: Lehigh at Towson. Should be a great matchup between two league champs and former Patriot League foes. Whoever has to fly over to NDSU will have their hands full, though.

DOME
November 20th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Kind of excited to see how UNI defends Wofford...

jmufan999
November 20th, 2011, 02:30 PM
NDSU will not think JMU is a threat. Let me tell you something; JMU is not the same team with Thorpe at the helm. Hasn't lost to an FCS team this season. I'm not saying we would beat them, but we would be tougher than many anticipate.

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2011, 02:43 PM
ODU roll NSU, Lehigh-Towson, NDSU and GSU vs what could he tough play in opponents.

mainejeff
November 20th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Maine @ ASU

I think that this is THE premiere Second Round match-up.........ODU at GSU would be very good too. Also, Lehigh at Towson will be interesting.

mainejeff
November 20th, 2011, 03:02 PM
If JMU beats EKU ... JMU @ NDSU would be a great game.

BIG upset in the making! You heard it here first...........

Engineer86
November 20th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I think Maine @ App, UNH @ Montana State, Lehigh @ Towson, and Wofford @ UNI are all awesome games. I dont know which one is best. I cant wait for Dec. 3rd

I think all of these will be well worth watching. I also think JMU at NDSU (assuming a JMU win), will be a good one. I don't see the other 3 round one winners providing much of a scare.

SpeedkingATL
November 20th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Homer pick of Maine @ App in 2nd round; the Bears are owed some payback. If App gets by Maine then the possible matchup of App vs GaSo is interesting. Stupid that that game could take place so early in the playoffs IMO.

oceandogs
November 20th, 2011, 04:07 PM
If Stony Brook beats Albany, a Stony Brook v SHS game would be interesting. Two of the best rushing offenses and defenses in the country squaring off.

Cleets
November 20th, 2011, 04:08 PM
I think that this is THE premiere Second Round match-up.........ODU at GSU would be very good too. Also, Lehigh at Towson will be interesting.

+1

MTfan4life
November 20th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Lehigh vs. Towson has the potential to be similar to Towson vs. New Hampshire, if weather stays true. Both teams can put points on the scoreboard, and in games like that, turnovers are your Achilles heel.

Silenoz
November 20th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Lehigh @ Towson

Grizzlies82
November 20th, 2011, 04:12 PM

Good call, I agree with you. Each of those four match ups has the potential to be great games. It is also a nice mix of inter-regional play bringing together teams which otherwise wouldn't see each other.

Looking ahead, if it happens, Geo. Southern at ND State (semi) could be a very interesting match up, as would Montana State at Sam Houston (quarterfinal). The first because of opposing styles of play, the second because of similarities. It is all going to be fun.

MTfan4life
November 20th, 2011, 04:39 PM
The Towson team is a nice "fit" for Lehigh

as Lehigh's defensive strength is against the run (Lehigh ranked #7 in rushing defense), which is Towson's offensive strength (Towson ranked #9 in rushing offense) .

On the other side of the ball, Lehigh's offensive strength is the pass (Lehigh ranked #4 in passing offense), which is Towson's weakness in defense (Towson ranked #74 in passing defense).

One team played in the CAA, the other in the Patriot. The numbers aren't comparable. You've said it yourself that the CAA is the best conference. Lehigh has good rushing defense numbers because they are often ahead and teams resort to passing. I think most people would look at the New Hampshire game to study Lehigh's defense best. Sure they are 9th in the nation in scoring defense, but UNH put up 48 points on them. The schedule might be a little more revealed in that one statistic. Only Colgate and 1-9 Princeton have rushing offenses in the top 55 of the teams Lehigh faced. Towson will be a whole new running offense that they haven't yet to see.

Strommer10
November 20th, 2011, 04:48 PM
NDSU will not think JMU is a threat. Let me tell you something; JMU is not the same team with Thorpe at the helm. Hasn't lost to an FCS team this season. I'm not saying we would beat them, but we would be tougher than many anticipate.

I guarantee that we don't over look whom ever we face in the 2nd round. We know you're a good team and a good program.

Strommer10
November 20th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Best second round game will be Maine @ App St.

Quarterfinals: If UNI gets by Wofford, the UNI @ UM game would be fun. Also the obvious rematch of GSU & App St. if they both win

Semis: GSU @ NDSU. If this game happens, it would be an all out war. I know our fans want this match up because we didn't get it early this year. But this time the winner would go to Frisco.

The best game overall is the championship. Unless it is a blow out, and no I will not predict who will be it. I hope my team makes it, but it's a long tough road to get there for any team. Even if they have homefield advantage.

DSPSelym
November 20th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Best second round game will be Maine @ App St.

Quarterfinals: If UNI gets by Wofford, the UNI @ UM game would be fun. Also the obvious rematch of GSU & App St. if they both win

Semis: GSU @ NDSU. If this game happens, it would be an all out war. I know our fans want this match up because we didn't get it early this year. But this time the winner would go to Frisco.

The best game overall is the championship. Unless it is a blow out, and no I will not predict who will be it. I hope my team makes it, but it's a long tough road to get there for any team. Even if they have homefield advantage.

+1

FIDO-GATA
November 20th, 2011, 07:07 PM
App in the boro'! 12/10/11

Mountaineer#96
November 20th, 2011, 07:32 PM
App in the boro'! 12/10/11

Welcome to the boards..............lets make sure we both are able to meet there first.

FIDO-GATA
November 20th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Haha. I knew I'd be called out on that. That's true though. I hope the team doesn't look past the first match up, but it's hard for me not to. I was in Boone last month and it was a toooough day.

No_Skill
November 20th, 2011, 08:46 PM
I guarantee that we don't over look whom ever we face in the 2nd round. We know you're a good team and a good program.

Agreed, this team knows that a "play-in" game winner can beat a seeded team. ;)

Blueandwhitefightfight
November 20th, 2011, 09:19 PM
App. St. @ Georgia Southern.

The rematch for all the marbles on our turf. The actual game might end up being a better one to watch than the National Championship game.

Grizalltheway
November 20th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Since potential match-ups are included, Griz/cat Teil Zwei, under the lights, would be epic. I think I would prefer that to meeting them in Texas, actually.