PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Playoff Aspects

smcwildcat
November 20th, 2011, 11:38 AM
This is stupid but I bring it up every year....because we are now in the playoffs the official game balls have to be wilson - I know this doesn't affect many teams but UNH and some others use nike - kicking wise and throwing wise I feel this is a little bit of a factor....
Also are teams who know their opponents in a better position to prepare (in 2 weeks) compared to seeds who can only guess who they will play?

Lastly, I hate how each game uses different league officials - not a major factor but still the conferences are 'called' drastically different from top to bottom...
there is my two cents...

WileECoyote06
November 20th, 2011, 11:40 AM
I feel for whichever game draws the MEAC crew led by that lady. .. lawd help the children.

UNIFanSince1983
November 20th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I think the Valley purposely changed their game ball to the same one they used in the playoffs. I have noticed in all the Valley games this year they have been using the Wison GST. It does make a difference though. I remember when I was in high school they used a different ball for the playoffs, and I hated that piece of junk. The year after I graduated our school bought those balls for use in the regular season too. It still didn't change how bad that ball was.

I think that can be an underrated factor in some games. Quarterbacks (like I was) are very particular about the ball they use.