PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Selection Committee/Show

The Eagle's Cliff
November 20th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the motivation.

I know my Eagles took the bracket as disrespect for the SoCon and Georgia Southern in particular. Ranked #1 longer than anyone, the Eagles lost by a TD to our arch rivals on the road. NDSU loses to unranked non-playoff team at home 8 days prior to the selection show and is given a #2??!!

On top of that, GSU and App St are paired against each other while rematches between Montana/Montana St. and UNI/NDSU are avoided until at least the semi's.

The mood of the Coaches and players watching the selection show was hardened determination. Nothing to do now but prepare for Norfolk St/ODU winner, which I project will be ODU.

putter
November 20th, 2011, 10:55 AM
lots of head scratchers. MSU loses to it's rival and falls, basically, to #8? That is harsh.

bleedingblue
November 20th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Spot on. After being at the Bishop Building during the show the look on the coaches and the teams face, I feel sorry for anyone who has to come to Paulson! I'm sure there will be more than 1 black flag in that stadium! GATA!!!!!

Twentysix
November 20th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Hopefully it plays out and GSU gets served a big helping of karma. I guess we will see the birdies in the dome afterall. (barring epic fail on either teams part before then)

Maybe you can buy your way into a D2 game at home instead. xlolx

bleedingblue
November 20th, 2011, 10:57 AM
lots of head scratchers. MSU loses to it's rival and falls, basically, to #8? That is harsh.

And ndsu loss to YSU is overlooked. Looks like we might have to make the trip north and show the world why we are #1

bleedingblue
November 20th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Hopefully it plays out and GSU gets served a big helping of karma. I guess we will see the birdies in the dome afterall. (barring epic fail on either teams part before then)

Maybe you can buy your way into a D2 game at home instead. xlolx
Ask Nick Saban about D2. Don't worry if you luck up and make it that far we will be ready......

Twentysix
November 20th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Ask Nick Saban about D2. Don't worry if you luck up and make it that far we will be ready......

Why, when i could just ask your athletic director?

Bison06
And ndsu loss to YSU is overlooked. Looks like we might have to make the trip north and show the world why we are #1

If your AD didn't back out of the game in September we wouldn't have to worry about waiting until the semis.

Apphole
The disrespect for our conference was asinine. This bull **** makes me even more ready for FBS.

Twentysix
November 20th, 2011, 11:01 AM
People respect the sunbelt

JSUBison
November 20th, 2011, 11:02 AM
The disrespect for our conference was asinine. This bull **** makes me even more ready for FBS.

At least you got more than 2 in.

bleedingblue
November 20th, 2011, 11:03 AM
If your AD didn't back out of the game in September we wouldn't have to worry about waiting until the semis.
why would any school on our level want to spend the money it takes to travel all the way across america to play a football game that is not conference? I know that yall did it in 06 but it is stupid~!

da_Bison
November 20th, 2011, 11:04 AM

Exactly my friend, it will all work itself out. Provided we make it that far

Twentysix
November 20th, 2011, 11:04 AM
why would any school on our level want to spend the money it takes to travel all the way across america to play a football game that is not conference? I know that yall did it in 06 but it is stupid~!

I will take that as your admission of cowardice. [/daily_fun]

Hammerhead
November 20th, 2011, 11:07 AM
NDSU had 10 division 1 wins. That appears to be a big portion of the seeding with SHSU being #1 although teams with more div. I wins were seeded behind GSU.

Eaglesrus
November 20th, 2011, 11:07 AM

xlolxxlolxxlolx Yeah, we go play Alabama, but are afraid to play NDSU xlolxxlolxxlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2011, 11:08 AM

Go, be the next Western Kentucky, scraping to get 6 wins so you can play in the Cheerios Bowl or something.

Twentysix
xlolxxlolxxlolx Yeah, we go play Alabama, but are afraid to play NDSU xlolxxlolxxlolx

Alabama bought your whole fan base pabst blue ribbon. We won't do that for you.

NSFW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbN8-uMiM5U

ASU_Fanatic
Yeah, sucks y'all only get to make it to round 3.

Bison06
November 20th, 2011, 11:09 AM

Like you said we did it in '06. Sometimes you have to get out of your cozy Socon geographical area to play some real competition.:)

Bison06
November 20th, 2011, 11:10 AM

It's much easier to take a loss to a team who is supposed to beat you. It digs at you quite a bit more to lose to a team that has no advantage over you. Horrible argument.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2011, 11:11 AM
NDSU had 10 division 1 wins. That appears to be a big portion of the seeding with SHSU being #1 although teams with more div. I wins were seeded behind GSU.

Exactly. Don't schedule a home patsy DII team and complain about the selection committee at the end of the season.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2011, 11:15 AM
I know my Eagles took the bracket as disrespect for the SoCon and Georgia Southern in particular. Ranked #1 longer than anyone, the Eagles lost by a TD to our arch rivals on the road. NDSU loses to unranked non-playoff team at home 8 days prior to the selection show and is given a #2??!!

NDSU had 10 FCS wins, beat a seeded team in UNI and an FBS team in Minnesota. The YSU game does not define our season, the committee looks at a team's body of work and not just one game.

Mr. C
November 20th, 2011, 11:21 AM

What a dumb response to the disrespect thing. ASU is right where it should be in the field. The Mountaineers didn't take care of business at Furman, or Wofford. Personally, I would have made GSU the No. 1 seed, but you earn respect by winning in the playoffs.

Twentysix
November 20th, 2011, 11:22 AM
What a dumb response to the disrespect thing. ASU is right where it should be in the field. The Mountaineers didn't take care of business at Furman, or Wofford. Personally, I would have made GSU the No. 1 seed, but you earn respect by winning in the playoffs.

Thats the same guy that lied about app state being in the FBS top 25 at #25.

Don't take him that seriously. I highly suggest poking fun instead of being mad at him/her.

Hammerhead
November 20th, 2011, 11:23 AM
All the way across America for GSU would be Eastern Washington, Portland State, Sacramento State, et al. Fold any map of the lower 48 states in half and Fargo is 1/2 way between east and west. Schedule better out of conference opponents if you want a higher seed in the playoffs.

The Eagle's Cliff
November 20th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Like you said we did it in '06. Sometimes you have to get out of your cozy Socon geographical area to play some real competition.:)

Let's dispense with this NDSU crap once and for all! GSU agreed to a home/home with NDSU because of a relationship our former president established while president at St. Cloud. When it was scheduled, it was an opportunity for NDSU to come play the most storied, successful program in FCS history. No one knew that same president would nuke our program in Dec '05. NDSU and 7 other schools, including Central Conn. St. and Central Arkansas got to say "We beat GSU!" that year and mark it down as one of the biggest victories in their school's history over the worst team in GSU's history.

After 4 more years of mostly putrid football, we got rid of the numb-nut-Berkley-educated Yankee Bastard and got a Southern president and OUR offense back by hiring Jeff Monken. In 2011, we returned to our old scheduling ways of having 6 home games before the playoffs. We dropped the NDSU game and schedule FCS cupcake Presbyterian at home netting an assured DI win and $75K-80K profit. The DII came when Coastal Carolina backed out because they needed a home game.

We have no problem playing big clumsy schools like NDSU. We've made a living in FCS running by teams like you for 25 years. Our fans like to travel, but airplane tickets are expensive. It's as simple as that.

I had a lot of respect for NDSU before all the mouth, so I sincerely hope we get past the much tougher competition in ODU, App. St, and Maine so we can fly up there to your Gymnasium and put 40+ on you.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Let's dispense with this NDSU crap once and for all! GSU agreed to a home/home with NDSU because of a relationship our former president established while president at St. Cloud. When it was scheduled, it was an opportunity for NDSU to come play the most storied, successful program in FCS history. No one knew that same president would nuke our program in Dec '05. NDSU and 7 other schools, including Central Conn. St. and Central Arkansas got to say "We beat GSU!" that year and mark it down as one of the biggest victories in their school's history over the worst team in GSU's history.

After 4 more years of mostly putrid football, we got rid of the numb-nut-Berkley-educated Yankee Bastard and got a Southern president and OUR offense back by hiring Jeff Monken. In 2011, we returned to our old scheduling ways of having 6 home games before the playoffs. We dropped the NDSU game and schedule FCS cupcake Presbyterian at home netting an assured DI win and $75K-80K profit. The DII came when Coastal Carolina backed out because they needed a home game.

We have no problem playing big clumsy schools like NDSU. We've made a living in FCS running by teams like you for 25 years. Our fans like to travel, but airplane tickets are expensive. It's as simple as that.

I had a lot of respect for NDSU before all the mouth, so I sincerely hope we get past the much tougher competition in ODU, App. St, and Maine so we can fly up there to your Gymnasium and put 40+ on you.

Strange, I had a lot more respect for Georgia Southern before all the whine.

Twentysix
November 20th, 2011, 11:32 AM

You played a D2 team. Haha!

SouthernStyle
November 20th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Georgia Southern isnt scared of anyone... However we can't be help accountable for bonehead moves made by our athletic director. No one at GSU supports the guy. So if you wanna call the football team cowards then fine have at it. We like going against odds and making examples out of others. Will take our playoffs one game at a time as should you and if it so happens will see you in the dome. Good luck in the playoffs..
GATA EAGLES

Wildcat80
November 20th, 2011, 11:33 AM

On top of that, GSU and App St are paired against each other while rematches between Montana/Montana St. and UNI/NDSU are avoided until at least the semi's.

The mood of the Coaches and players watching the selection show was hardened determination. Nothing to do now but prepare for Norfolk St/ODU winner, which I project will be ODU.

I too like ODU but I think Maine is better than Appy....if they travel ready to play. I would not be surprised to see Towson keep showing up either. The road to Frisco might still be thru the CAA!

Wildcat80
November 20th, 2011, 11:34 AM
If UNH advances it will be cause we win two in Montana. Hope you have a warm spell....say 30 at kickoff.

The Eagle's Cliff
November 20th, 2011, 11:35 AM
I too like ODU but I think Maine is better than Appy....if they travel ready to play. I would not be surprised to see Towson keep showing up either. The road to Frisco might still be thru the CAA!

I actually think App and GSU will have their hands full in two weeks and I don't see NDSU beating Towson.

katstrapper
November 20th, 2011, 11:35 AM
blah, blah, blah... Sam Houston didnt play anyone. GSU is the best team in the country.... we ran for 302 on Alabama.... We were ranked #1 longer than anyone this season....blah blah blah... Maybe they need to scrap the playoffs and just hand GSU the trophy!!xbowx

FargoBison
November 20th, 2011, 11:40 AM
We have no problem playing big clumsy schools like NDSU. We've made a living in FCS running by teams like you for 25 years.

Our defense is about as far away from big and clumsy as you can get...

DJKyR0
November 20th, 2011, 11:41 AM
It was asked that this be posted here:

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmumoa4osR1qa5rnho1_400.gif

That's what you get for scheduling D-II's - fate conspires to make it happen anyway, only this time you can't buy out.

With the requisite knocking on wood that we make it to a point where the game between NDSU-GSU would be played, looking forward to it.

bisonguy
November 20th, 2011, 11:42 AM
It was made abundantly clear last year that a sub-DI team on the schedule has a very significant negative impact when it comes to seeding. It's almost counted as a loss.

Apphole
November 20th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Go, be the next Western Kentucky, scraping to get 6 wins so you can play in the Cheerios Bowl or something.
Oh you mean the game that gets more national coverage, money, vieweship and attendence than the FCS national championship game?

NDSU92
November 20th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Hopefully both teams can make it to the semi's so all this pansy talk can stop. Would love to see these teams match up in a high profile game.

bleedingblue
November 20th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Our defense is about as far away from big and clumsy as you can get...

It is not as good as Alabama's and we put up more yds than any team this year on them. Granted we gave up 45 but the game was closer than that.
And not slow compared to what.....

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Oh you mean the game that gets more national coverage, money, vieweship and attendence than the FCS national championship game?

Outside the BCS nobody gives a crap about any of that. You aren't playing in the Fiesta Bowl. Your very own game vs. Montana drew a 1.9 rating. about the same as the Papajohns.com bowl.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2011, 12:16 PM
It is not as good as Alabama's and we put up more yds than any team this year on them. Granted we gave up 45 but the game was closer than that.
And not slow compared to what.....

Obviously Bama is one of or the top defense in college football, I just wanted to point out our defense isn't big and clumsy. Most of our defense is a bit undersized, we value speed and hard hitting. We like to put our best athletes on the defensive side of the ball.

bisonguy
November 20th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Outside the BCS nobody gives a crap about any of that. You aren't playing in the Fiesta Bowl. Your very own game vs. Montana drew a 1.9 rating. about the same as the Papajohns.com bowl.

Quit it. This thread is about how GSU deserved the #1 seed even though they had 2 losses and a D2 on the schedule.

SoCon48
November 20th, 2011, 12:21 PM

OUCH!!!!

Apphole
November 20th, 2011, 12:41 PM

Montana and App St are the exception not the rule. When these two teams are playing, people watch.

Eaglesrus
November 20th, 2011, 12:44 PM
It's much easier to take a loss to a team who is supposed to beat you. It digs at you quite a bit more to lose to a team that has no advantage over you. Horrible argument.

Yes, I agree; your argument there is horrible, about the same level as 26's.

gsu6trophies
November 20th, 2011, 12:51 PM

I live how grown men act like anyone on this board had anything to do with this decision. Do me a favor 26. If we do end up in the dome, tell Brent Russell that you accept his admission of cowardice. Stop being a keyboard pussy.

Eaglesrus
November 20th, 2011, 12:59 PM
I live how grown men act like anyone on this board had anything to do with this decision. Do me a favor 26. If we do end up in the dome, tell Brent Russell that you accept his admission of cowardice. Stop being a keyboard pussy.

It's looking to me like 26 aspires to be the next Chattown, or more likely one of the GA State guys. GStateBen?

Gringer1
November 20th, 2011, 01:10 PM

Yeah, I hear the south is where all the weak teams come from xrolleyesx

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Schedule better out of conference opponents if you want a higher seed in the playoffs.

Yup, we're really slack with OOC scheduling. We could've gotten bold like NDSU and played NEC and Patriot League cellar teams instead of Presbyterian and Tusculum. And played Minnesota instead of Alabama. I bet we wouldn't have gotten to 9 wins if we had NDSU's OOC schedule. xlolx

Seriously, if OOC scheduling is the reason NDSU gets the edge over GSU, then that's really weak.

GSU Eagle
November 20th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Can we just stop all the "GSU is afraid of NDSU" nonsense. Yes we bought out the game with NDSU. Our coach, Jeff Monken, is on record as saying he wants 6 home games every year. Considering we will play 1 big money game each year that means our other 2 non-conference have to be home games. Do I like playing D2 teams -- no. I hope in the future we won't play any, but we have to find 2 FCS teams willing to come to Statesboro each year.

We had 2 this year at home until Coastal Carolina pulled out on us and we at the last moment had to find a replacement game-- hence Tusculum.

If we both make it to the semis at NDSU it should be a very good game. We are not the team you guys barely beat when that idiot van Gorder was here.

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Georgia Southern is the one team I was hoping to be on the opposite side of the bracket from the Bison. That TO if going to be tough with just one week of preparation should both teams be fortunate enough to make the semis. I'm hoping ASU can knock GSU off, not because I think ASU is that much worse of a team, just because I think they're easier to prepare for.

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Yup, we're really slack with OOC scheduling. We could've gotten bold like NDSU and played NEC and Patriot League cellar teams instead of Presbyterian and Tusculum. And played Minnesota instead of Alabama. I bet we wouldn't have gotten to 9 wins if we had NDSU's OOC schedule. xlolx

Seriously, if OOC scheduling is the reason NDSU gets the edge over GSU, then that's really weak.

We played St. Francis when GSU pussed out. Layfayette had been a playoff team prior to the off-season when we scheduled them.

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 01:39 PM
We are not the team you guys barely beat when that idiot van Gorder was here.

34-14 is barely beat?

GSU Eagle
November 20th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Whatever the score was --- we are not the same team now.

GSU Eagle
November 20th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Coastal Carolina backed out on us but you don't see GSU fans going on and on about it. It happened -- move on.

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Whatever the score was --- we are not the same team now.

I'll give you that. Just don't bullsh#t bison fans - we know FCS unlike the ESPN selection show crew.

bisonguy
November 20th, 2011, 01:45 PM

NDSU's single loss and scheduling compliance with the NCAA DI Philosopy in bylaw 20.9 are what gave NDSU the edge.

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Coastal Carolina backed out on us but you don't see GSU fans going on and on about it. It happened -- move on.

Of course, GSU could have just followed through on its word to play the Bison and the situation would be moot.

I knew that southern honor think was a pile of sh#t.

GSU Eagle
November 20th, 2011, 01:51 PM
If you go back and read my last predictions this morning I said the top 3 would be SHSU, NDSU and GSU. I said SHSU would get the #1 seed even though I still don't think they deserved it. NDSU and GSU would be #2/#3 in one order or the other. NDSU did have more FCS wins but in my opinion NDSU's 1 FCS loss was worst than GSU's 1 FCS loss. I knew it would be close and a case could be made for either one to be a #2 and the other a #3. Playing a D2 team in Tusculum did not help us. But hey we will get to settle it on the field if we get that far. JMU/NDSU and Appalachian/GSU games in the quarterfinals if it gets to that will both be very good games.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Can we just stop all the "GSU is afraid of NDSU" nonsense. Yes we bought out the game with NDSU. Our coach, Jeff Monken, is on record as saying he wants 6 home games every year. Considering we will play 1 big money game each year that means our other 2 non-conference have to be home games. Do I like playing D2 teams -- no. I hope in the future we won't play any, but we have to find 2 FCS teams willing to come to Statesboro each year.

We had 2 this year at home until Coastal Carolina pulled out on us and we at the last moment had to find a replacement game-- hence Tusculum.

If we both make it to the semis at NDSU it should be a very good game. We are not the team you guys barely beat when that idiot van Gorder was here.

As soon as we stop the "FCS should be afraid of GSU" nonsense. You got a 3 seed instead of a 2 seed. What part of 10 DI wins is so hard to grasp? NDSU hasn't and will not schedule DII teams. Get a better AD.

82eagle
November 20th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Your right. It would be moot. We'd be the number 1 seed and you'd be crying about your bracket with a 9 -2 record.

And, yes, we know you beat Minnesota; we're so proud. One day, maybe, you'll get to a point that FBS teams like that won't play you. We've been there for 25 years.

tractorapp
November 20th, 2011, 01:56 PM

Just curious, have you seen us play this year? I have not seen Maine or ODU play so it should be fun. Sagrain does have App ahead of both, but we will see. Maine @ ASU will give us a chance to get revenge for the '01 playoff loss.

GSU Eagle
November 20th, 2011, 01:59 PM
O.K. NDSU fans. I will not say anything else about NDSU getting the #2 seed if you will end this tirade about us buying out the game at NDSU. Deal?

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Your right. It would be moot. We'd be the number 1 seed and you'd be crying about your bracket with a 9 -2 record.

Could be.

And, yes, we know you beat Minnesota; we're so proud. One day, maybe, you'll get to a point that FBS teams like that won't play you. We've been there for 25 years.

NDSU plays to win, not to cash in.

Congratulations on your moral victory yesterday.

Update:

What is GSU's record against FBS teams?

1-19.

The sole win is against FIU in 2004.

NTN GRIZ
November 20th, 2011, 02:04 PM
So what's the toughest path logistically?
NH could have Montana -> Texas -> Montana ->Texas - Yikes, but good for frequent flyer points!

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 02:05 PM
O.K. NDSU fans. I will not say anything else about NDSU getting the #2 seed if you will end this tirade about us buying out the game at NDSU. Deal?

?

NDSU doesn't need to apologize for its #2 seeding.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Agreed, people need to get over the "buyout" besides that NDSU was seeded over GSU due to having a better body of work. The YSU loss no doubt hurt but no other FCS team in the playoff field had an FBS win plus a win over a seeded team.

Mr. C
November 20th, 2011, 02:07 PM

North Dakota State is fast approaching that status. The Bison have beaten Minnesota twice (nearly three times), Kansas and some MAC fodder in recent years. The Bison have represented FCS well in those games.

Mr. C
November 20th, 2011, 02:08 PM
?

NDSU doesn't need to apologize for its #2 seeding.

In reality, there is very little difference in the 2 and 3 seeds, other than the 2 hosting a game in the semifinals. Otherwise, they are interchangeable.

eaglewraith
November 20th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Obviously Bama is one of or the top defense in college football, I just wanted to point out our defense isn't big and clumsy. Most of our defense is a bit undersized, we value speed and hard hitting. We like to put our best athletes on the defensive side of the ball.

Hmmm...speed and hard hitting.

Don't think you'll be faster or hit harder than the Crimson Tide.

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 02:14 PM
man.

gsu is my second favorite pick to win the national championship. i don't know how much longer i can take this moral victory crap.

eaglewraith
November 20th, 2011, 02:16 PM
man.

gsu is my second favorite pick to win the national championship. i don't know how much longer i can take this moral victory crap.

You can call it moral victory. I was using it as a metric for how ready we are for the playoffs. From what I saw yesterday, we are VERY ready.

I'm over being upset about not getting the #2 seed. We'll just do what we've done many times in the playoffs....run you off your own field.

Mr. C
November 20th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Just curious, have you seen us play this year? I have not seen Maine or ODU play so it should be fun. Sagrain does have App ahead of both, but we will see. Maine @ ASU will give us a chance to get revenge for the '01 playoff loss.
The Maine-ASU game was in 2002 and Maine won 14-13 after ASU led 10-0. Joe Burchette and the Mountaineers squandered a bunch of opportunities and the Black Bears turned three big plays into 14 points (including a Stephen Cooper hit on Burchette to force an interception that set up Maine's first TD). Marcus Williams broke loose for a 41-yard run to score the winning TD and Maine's defense made it hold up. Only 4,311 fans showed up. It was the last home loss for ASU at Kidd Brewer before the 31-game winning streak as the freshman class the following year went undefeated at home for their CAREERS.

Ironically, when Maine beat Appalachian State in 2002, the Black Bears had to travel to Statesboro the following week.

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Now that's the kind of post I like to see eaglewrath!

Good luck to GSU!

Mr. C
November 20th, 2011, 02:22 PM

I've seen both ASU and Maine in person. If the focused Appalachian State team that beat Georgia Southern shows up, few teams in FCS will beat the Mountaineers. ASU is more athletic, but Maine is one of the most tenacious teams in the field and has a lot of senior leadership from QB Warren Smith and others. Maine has also shown the ability to make some impressive comebacks and the defense is opportunistic. But if ASU comes to play, the Mountaineers should win.

Mr. C
November 20th, 2011, 02:26 PM
34-14 is barely beat?

NDSU physically hammered GSU that day, but that was when the name that shall not be spoken had stripped the Eagles of their beloved triple option.

Mr. C
November 20th, 2011, 02:28 PM

Why do people on AGS keep quoting Sagarin? He doesn't even count all of the games that each team plays. His methodology is seriously flawed. But ASU is still better than both Maine and ODU when the Mountaineers decide to play hard for four quarters.

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 02:28 PM
NDSU physically hammered GSU that day, but that was when the name that shall not be spoken had stripped the Eagles of their beloved triple option.

that's how i remember it as well.

i'm happy that GSU is back to where is should be.

Cleets
November 20th, 2011, 02:30 PM
If Georgia Southern loses a playoff game this year I would like every Eagles fan to come on this site and apologize publicly
Seriously over the top attitude gentlemen... too much

They are the obvious favorites to win it all - but - they still have a few games to play before we hand them another (what would it be 7th or 8th) trophy

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2011, 02:33 PM
If Georgia Southern loses a playoff game this year I would like every Eagles fan to come on this site and apologize publicly

They are the obvious favorites to win it all - but - they still have a few games to play before we hand them another (what would it be 7th or 8th) trophy

Obvious?

The Eagle's Cliff
November 20th, 2011, 02:36 PM
In reality, there is very little difference in the 2 and 3 seeds, other than the 2 hosting a game in the semifinals. Otherwise, they are interchangeable.

I don't disagree, but I (and our coaches and players) see our #3 seed as snub by the committee. NDSU's loss to Youngstown pushed them below Sam Houston, GSU, UNI, and Montana State (until yesterday). They deserve higher seed than UNI from the head to head:

Montana State wins:
1.MSU
2.SHSU
3.GSU
4.NDSU
5.UNI

Montana wins:
1.SHSU
2.GSU
3.NDSU
4.UNI
5.Montana

It might seem nit-picky, but the later you lose, the further down you go. You also make the point that "history" is a good indicator of how the committee will act. App St. last year was given the #1 seed over #1 ranked Eastern Washington less than 24 hours after Florida demolished them.

It's over and done with now - time to play football.

DJKyR0
November 20th, 2011, 02:36 PM

A team coming off a loss (albeit to a very good FBS team) and whose path to Frisco likely goes past the team that beat them in the regular season plus a higher-seeded team is an obvious favorite? Not sure I agree with that theory.

Mr. C
November 20th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I actually think App and GSU will have their hands full in two weeks and I don't see NDSU beating Towson.
Towson and North Dakota State is an interesting potential matchup (one I hope to witness in person). Towson is outstanding on the offensive line, has one of the top RBs in freshman Terrance West and balances the attack with a heady QB (Grant Enders) that doesn't make a lot of mistakes and is tough (kind of like Jensen from NDSU). The Bison are very good on defense against the run. The key for NDSU will be keeping the ball away from the Towson offense with long, sustained drives. If the Bison can't keep the Tiger offense off the field, it might be a long day. This could potentially be one of the top matchups in the playoffs.

Cleets
November 20th, 2011, 02:39 PM
A team coming off a loss (albeit to a very good FBS team) and whose path to Frisco likely goes past the team that beat them in the regular season plus a higher-seeded team is an obvious favorite? Not sure I agree with that theory.

If I were a betting man (and I am) I would guess that you guys will be playing each other in a few weeks

Mr. C
November 20th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Yeah, right. You are speaking from ignorance here. Few care about what happens in the Sun Belt, MAC, WAC and C-USA.

SideLine Shooter
November 20th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Strange, I had a lot more respect for Georgia Southern before all the whine.

Welcome to the Socon World. It's constant.

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I don't disagree, but I (and our coaches and players) see our #3 seed as snub by the committee. NDSU's loss to Youngstown pushed them below Sam Houston, GSU, UNI, and Montana State (until yesterday). They deserve higher seed than UNI from the head to head:

There is a difference between ranking and seeding.

SideLine Shooter
November 20th, 2011, 02:54 PM
blah, blah, blah... Sam Houston didnt play anyone. GSU is the best team in the country.... we ran for 302 on Alabama.... We were ranked #1 longer than anyone this season....blah blah blah... Maybe they need to scrap the playoffs and just hand GSU the trophy!!xbowx

I've been saying that a long time. Glad somebody else feels that way.

Eaglesrus
November 20th, 2011, 02:55 PM

You would like for every GSU fan to apologize for what exactly? Looks to me like a moderator is taking a side, but that's okay, no need to apologize.

Cleets
November 20th, 2011, 02:59 PM
You would like for every GSU fan to apologize for what exactly? Looks to me like a moderator is taking a side, but that's okay, no need to apologize.

Try to have a sense of humor - you GSU guys are really really serious right now...
We all get it - GSU is the favorite to win it all

Oh and i'm not just a moderator I'm also a douche-nozzle

TwoFeathers
November 20th, 2011, 02:59 PM
How about the CAA. 5 teams in, but 4 of them in one bracket, with only UNH on the other side.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Hmmm...speed and hard hitting.

Don't think you'll be faster or hit harder than the Crimson Tide.

I said Bama has an amazing defense but my point was our defense is not big and clumsy. There is kind of a space that is between Alabama and big/clumsy last time I checked.

Seriously some GSU fans are starting to get annoying with this crap, do you want us to just bow down to your greatness and act like we just can't compete? Last time I checked GSU didn't exactly cruise through all the FCS teams they played. While I don't think NDSU has Bama's defense I do believe we are pretty solid for this level of play.

Eaglesrus
November 20th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Try to have a sense of humor - you GSU guys are really really serious right now...

Oh, okay, but I have a sense of humor, I laughed at something 26 said just a few pages ago.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2011, 03:04 PM
I said Bama has an amazing defense but my point was our defense is not big and clumsy. There is kind of a space that is between Alabama and big/clumsy last time I checked.

Seriously some GSU fans are starting to get annoying with this crap, do you want us to just bow down to your greatness and act like we just can't compete? Last time I checked GSU didn't exactly cruise through all the FCS teams they played. While I don't think NDSU has Bama's defense I do believe we are pretty solid for this level of play.

Let's just name GSU the champion in perpetuity and have the rest of the teams play for the "Not As Good As Georgia Southern" cup

Cleets
November 20th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Oh, okay, but I have a sense of humor, I laughed at something 26 said just a few pages ago.

Fair enough...
Also these days at AGS the term "Moderator" is fairly meaningless on this sight... I do ZERO moderating
and a whole bunch of posturing / nay saying / Horse stealing / trash talking and general wankery

:D

GaSouthern
November 20th, 2011, 03:06 PM
What the hell is everyone talking about??? How is GSU the favorite to win it all? We have just as tough as a road as anyone else in this bracket.

TwoFeathers
November 20th, 2011, 03:08 PM

I think either Maine, ODU or Towson can compete with App State this year.

Cleets
November 20th, 2011, 03:08 PM
What the hell is everyone talking about??? How is GSU the favorite to win it all? We have just as tough as a road as anyone else in this bracket.

What..?
How is GSU not the favorite to win it all this year..?
I'm not suggesting they don't have a tough road ahead but who's got a better chance than GSU

Bearkats94
November 20th, 2011, 03:10 PM
If UNH advances it will be cause we win two in Montana. Hope you have a warm spell....say 30 at kickoff.

I hope we have a heat wave. 95-99 will be fine with me.

TwoFeathers
November 20th, 2011, 03:11 PM

I'd say anything can happen with the top 5 seeds this year. The advantage Georgia Southern has is the lack of experience against the triple option for the other teams. If GSU can stay healthy and running like a well-oiled machine, they can beat anyone. Especially playing at home.

Eaglesrus
November 20th, 2011, 03:11 PM

Thank you for saying "some". Personally I don't think there's any team in the playoffs that can't compete. We've been beaten before and we'll be beaten again, though I seriously hope that it's not this year. I'd say that some NDSU posters' repeated talk of us being afraid of playing you is way beyond annoying. Call us money grubbers if you will, since that is all that was behind our pulling out of the game in Fargo, but there is no basis at all for charging us with cowardice.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Thank you for saying "some". Personally I don't think there's any team in the playoffs that can't compete. We've been beaten before and we'll be beaten again, though I seriously hope that it's not this year. I'd say that some NDSU posters' repeated talk of us being afraid of playing you is way beyond annoying. Call us money grubbers if you will, since that is all that was behind our pulling out of the game in Fargo, but there is no basis at all for charging us with cowardice.

Except all the talk has been about how if GSU only had a chance to play NDSU in the Fargodome they would surely hang 40+ on them. Our answer is "you had the chance to try but didn't take it so shut up". Simple

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Greed. The last refuge of a coward.

jk eaglesus.

TwoFeathers
November 20th, 2011, 03:17 PM

I don't think ODU is going to have too much trouble with Norfolk State. My bet is they will start prepping against the triple option immediately. Would be smart to do so, IMO. Look at last year, Laycock gave the Tribe the entire week of Thanksgiving off, and only spent 1 week to prepare for the triple option, and we got smoked at home.

GaSouthern
November 20th, 2011, 03:19 PM
I'd say anything can happen with the top 5 seeds this year. The advantage Georgia Southern has is the lack of experience against the triple option for the other teams. If GSU can stay healthy and running like a well-oiled machine, they can beat anyone. Especially playing at home.

I do not agree, we are setup to play App State, the only FCS team to beat us, in our second game if we both can win. Other than that I do agree, or if Maine can upset the fighting appys

Eaglesrus
November 20th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Greed. The last refuge of a coward.

jk eaglesus.

False premise but well played!xthumbsupx

TwoFeathers
November 20th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I do not agree, we are setup to play App State, the only FCS team to beat us, in our second game if we both can win. Other than that I do agree, or if Maine can upset the fighting appys

Agreed, but I think App will have their hands full with Maine.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2011, 03:22 PM

I too am tired of the buyout talk as well. I want to talk about the playoffs and what the teams did this season, not some decision GSU's AD made over a year ago.

OL FU
November 20th, 2011, 03:26 PM
I will be rooting for the Socon teams, but let me say the idea of 7 flags over Georgia sucks.xnodx:o:D

Eaglesrus
November 20th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Except all the talk has been about how if GSU only had a chance to play NDSU in the Fargodome they would surely hang 40+ on them. Our answer is "you had the chance to try but didn't take it so shut up". Simple

All the talk? I know I've never said that, and honestly don't remember anyone else doing so. I don't read every post, however, and there's at least one GSU poster (if a person claims to be a fan of GSU do we have to claim him/her?) that I have no problem seeing saying that. Personally, I think an NDSU - GSU game is a toss-up, with advantage going to the home team. That's why I would have preferred that a possible match be in Statesboro or Frisco, but if its Fargo, so be it.

GSU Eagle
November 20th, 2011, 03:35 PM
No one at this point in the playoffs is afraid of anyone. NDSU will be quite a challenge for anyone who has to go to Fargo to play. Most sensible GSU fans realize a NDSU/GSU game should be a very good game. We of course were hoping for a #2 seed like any other team who was in the discussion. We didn't get it-- that is fine. Time to move on. Lots of football to be played before it ever comes to a NDSU/GSU game anyway. NDSU likely will have to beat JMU and Towson and we will have to beat ODU and Appalachian.

PonteVedraEagle
November 20th, 2011, 03:36 PM
I understand talking smack is a big part of messageboards, but I wish we could be a little more civil. There are 20 schools (and their supporters) that have a lot to be excited about. The playoff system gives all 20 a chance to be a champion.

As far as NDSU. You've got a great program. Your coach must be outstanding. I think he's got a Nebraska background (Osbourne) and I have a ton of respect for their history. You came to Our House and beat us soundly a few years back. If we get that far, it will be very tough for us/GSU to return the favor, but what a game that would be!

FCS is a great product, IMHO.

I hope all that read this will have a great Thanksgiving.

-Go Eagles!

gsu6trophies
November 20th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Of course, GSU could have just followed through on its word to play the Bison and the situation would be moot.

I knew that southern honor think was a pile of sh#t.

Again tough guy, If we make it up to Fargo, make sure you let some Southern man know that you "knew that southern honor think (?) was a pile of sh#t" and see how that goes for you. Keyboard tough guys all over North Dakota

gsu6trophies
November 20th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Let's just name GSU the champion in perpetuity and have the rest of the teams play for the "Not As Good As Georgia Southern" cup

I have to be honest, I don't hear too many Southern fans talking that way. You guys seem to be the ones imagining that. Some folks felt they should of gotten a higher seed than NDSU. I think you guys got a bad case of penis envy. And if we end up in Fargo and ya'll want to talk all that trash about us being piles of **** and cowards and no honor then get ready for some crazy **** to go down. But I really don't expect any of ya'll to open your mouth to someone in person. That keyboard is tough as hell

MTfan4life
November 20th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Tough draw for Northern Iowa and Wofford. Check out how long they have to wait to play!

NCAA bracket (http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/football/fcs)

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I have to be honest, I don't hear too many Southern fans talking that way. You guys seem to be the ones imagining that. Some folks felt they should of gotten a higher seed than NDSU. I think you guys got a bad case of penis envy. And if we end up in Fargo and ya'll want to talk all that trash about us being piles of **** and cowards and no honor then get ready for some crazy **** to go down. But I really don't expect any of ya'll to open your mouth to someone in person. That keyboard is tough as hell

Yeah, I'm not really much of a tough fighting type. We are mostly friendly nice types, anyone willing to brave the cold is good enough for us. I think you like that keyboard tough phrase you keep using, you keep making it personal. I'm not sure where that comes from.

by the way, you weren't a psych major were you? If so you'd know what what penis envy really means.

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I think you guys got a bad case of penis envy.

Tough to do considering the gross anatomy of GSU who dropped us for Presby.

DJKyR0
November 20th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Tough draw for Northern Iowa and Wofford. Check out how long they have to wait to play!

NCAA bracket (http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/football/fcs)

That Nov. 3rd draw is a tough cop. xlolx

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Guess who said it:

" "It was extremely disappointing to receive word from X of their intentions to cancel this season's meeting - especially seven months before kickoff. One year's notice of the cancellation of a game contract is standard, but that courtesy was not extended to us by the current athletic administration at X."

The answer: Sam Baker, GSU's athletic director.

Nevermind that GSU dropped its game against us a few months earlier.

So much for that Southern Culture of Honor.

blueballs
November 20th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Guess who said it:

" "It was extremely disappointing to receive word from X of their intentions to cancel this season's meeting - especially seven months before kickoff. One year's notice of the cancellation of a game contract is standard, but that courtesy was not extended to us by the current athletic administration at X."

Don't put Sam Baker and "southern" and "honor" and "culture" in the same sentence... you'll really piss off the GSU folks!

Heck, I just hope GSU wins the first game... the one they play after putting their pants on one leg at a time. If they are fortunate enough to win two then maybe we can talk about NDSU. Until then, my focus is on ODU and Norfolk State.

I think GSU is solid and they've played really well the past 2 games on the road against very stout competition, but they (or anybody else in the bracket) are far from God's gift to football. The best team doesn't always win... the team that plays the best often does.

ASUG8
November 20th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Suck it up and win out. That's the best medicine to a disrepectful committee.

DSPSelym
November 20th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Guess who said it:

We don't claim Sam Baker. He is a cancer that has yet to be removed.

semobison
November 20th, 2011, 05:48 PM
I understand talking smack is a big part of messageboards, but I wish we could be a little more civil. There are 20 schools (and their supporters) that have a lot to be excited about. The playoff system gives all 20 a chance to be a champion.

As far as NDSU. You've got a great program. Your coach must be outstanding. I think he's got a Nebraska background (Osbourne) and I have a ton of respect for their history. You came to Our House and beat us soundly a few years back. If we get that far, it will be very tough for us/GSU to return the favor, but what a game that would be!

FCS is a great product, IMHO.

I hope all that read this will have a great Thanksgiving.

-Go Eagles!

Nice quote! We always have to have a couple of our Bison faithful making asses of themselves! We have some tough football teams to play before we can even think about GSU! Stay classy Bison Fans!

gsu6trophies
November 20th, 2011, 05:48 PM
[QUOTE=NoDak 4 Ever;1729241]Yeah, I'm not really much of a tough fighting type. We are mostly friendly nice types, anyone willing to brave the cold is good enough for us. I think you like that keyboard tough phrase you keep using, you keep making it personal. I'm not sure where that comes from."

Have you read this thread? If you had you would know where that comes from. Your fans are saying some really inflammatory things. At least if they are said in person, but I know that would never happen.

Fact is, our fans have nothing to do with scheduling, and I guarantee you the team that just put a solid effort together in Bryant Denny Stadium is not afraid to play in the Fargo Dome.

I used to respect NDSU, but not so much anymore. And I'll give you from here till eternity to find one post by me that claims southern would hang 40 on the bison or that we got screwed with a 3rd seed.

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Your fans are saying some really inflammatory things.

Why do you think we're screwing with GSU today?

This thread is based on the premise that GSU is hands down a more deserving #2 seed than NDSU.

That's ridiculous.

Is it arguable - absolutely. Is it Obvious - heck no.

The whole situation is whimsical when recognizing that almost exactly a year ago to the day GSU dropped its game against NDSU. This could have been settled on the field in September, but GSU wanted a sixth home game, but then got GSU'ed itself and got stuck with a DII while calling out the integrity of the team that did it to them.

Do they have irony in Georgia cause they do in Fargo.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2011, 05:56 PM

[QUOTE=NoDak 4 Ever;1729241]Yeah, I'm not really much of a tough fighting type. We are mostly friendly nice types, anyone willing to brave the cold is good enough for us. I think you like that keyboard tough phrase you keep using, you keep making it personal. I'm not sure where that comes from."

Have you read this thread? If you had you would know where that comes from. Your fans are saying some really inflammatory things. At least if they are said in person, but I know that would never happen.

Fact is, our fans have nothing to do with scheduling, and I guarantee you the team that just put a solid effort together in Bryant Denny Stadium is not afraid to play in the Fargo Dome.

I used to respect NDSU, but not so much anymore. And I'll give you from here till eternity to find one post by me that claims southern would hang 40 on the bison or that we got screwed with a 3rd seed.

That wasn't too hard. This thread no less. 6 minutes

No_Skill
November 20th, 2011, 06:07 PM
He said a post by him...that post was not by him.

We can jibber-jabber all we want. The feild is set, now we play.

gsu6trophies
November 20th, 2011, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=gsu6trophies;1729320]

That wasn't too hard. This thread no less. 6 minutes

Re read my post. Try again

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 06:10 PM
You people all look the same to me.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2011, 06:13 PM
[QUOTE=NoDak 4 Ever;1729328]

Re read my post. Try again

I stand corrected only in that you didn't say that. My earlier comment stated that it was said, not necessarily by any one person. I took issue with all of your personal blather about becoming physical over talk about football. That is a different animal all together. I will crap talk you about GSU until the end of time but if you honestly wanted to come to blows over it, you have some serious issues. My comment basically said we up north wouldn't do that.

No_Skill
November 20th, 2011, 06:18 PM

This is a bit dramatic, don't you think?

There isn't a fanbase out there where there aren't some fans that get under my skin...including my own.

I personally have nothing but respect for the program GSU has and if we get to play I hope for an exciting, non-chippy, injury free game.

Eagle22
November 20th, 2011, 06:23 PM

The bolded must've been the funny part. :)

Clearly, the undefeated team with the #1 seed is the favorite.

gsu6trophies
November 20th, 2011, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=gsu6trophies;1729340]

I stand corrected only in that you didn't say that. My earlier comment stated that it was said, not necessarily by any one person. I took issue with all of your personal blather about becoming physical over talk about football. That is a different animal all together. I will crap talk you about GSU until the end of time but if you honestly wanted to come to blows over it, you have some serious issues. My comment basically said we up north wouldn't do that.

I believe if you go back and read the thread you will see that your Bison brethren aren't crap talking but questioning the honor of the entire southern culture and referring to gsu fans as cowards. So my point to you is that if it is true "we up north wouldn't do that" then you should not be insulting people's honor Or you should be prepared to "do that."

The serious issue is not with the football games, but the crass ignorance if the Bison faithful n

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 06:32 PM
i'm not questioning the honor.

i'm pointing out that it is a farce - it's worn when it suits and abandoned when it doesn't.

GSU's AD is all-out tool. He called out the honor of another organization for doing precisely what it did to NDSU.

Many southerners wear their honor on their sleeves. We don't do that in the north. We let actions speak for themselves.

The once proud GSU program has spoken.

GSU can win the championship 100 times in 100 years and it won't regain the honor it lost when dumping NDSU for a sixth home game.

gsu6trophies
November 20th, 2011, 06:37 PM

i'm pointing out that it is a farce - it's worn when it suits and abandoned when it doesn't.

GSU's AD is all-out tool. He called out the honor of another organization for doing precisely what it did to NDSU.

GSU can win the championship 100 times in 100 years and it won't regain the honor it lost when dumping NDSU for a sixth home game.

Why don't you research Sam baker' southern heritage, hate mongerer.

No_Skill
November 20th, 2011, 06:37 PM

Now you are being overly dramitic. It isn't a matter of honor, it's a matter of money plain and simple. There is a buyout clause for a reason and they used it. Big deal, it happens, move on.

That said, I don't know if there is a buyout deadline in the contracts, but that should definitely be a future consideration.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2011, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=NoDak 4 Ever;1729347]

I believe if you go back and read the thread you will see that your Bison brethren aren't crap talking but questioning the honor of the entire southern culture and referring to gsu fans as cowards. So my point to you is that if it is true "we up north wouldn't do that" then you should not be insulting people's honor Or you should be prepared to "do that."

The serious issue is not with the football games, but the crass ignorance if the Bison faithful n

Well the argument basically was that we were exceedingly disappointed that GSU wouldn't come to play in Fargo. NDSU is a proud program that has done everything right, we have had a few teams buy out on us and our AD would never do that. We are proud of the fact that NDSU would never play a DII school but we also realize that gives us a reason to puff our our chest a little bit. This and the other GSU thread was basically about how GSU was so disrespected by the committee and deserved a higher seed than NDSU. We merely pointed out the fact that you had an opportunity but for whatever reason, declined. Call it pride or honor or whatever, we do not care. Come to us, we will come to you but we will play you without question.

Hats off to our AD Gene Taylor, he has put NDSU in a very good position. We fans never have to whine about earning or not earning something because he puts us in a position where we don't have to worry about it. We are sitting at 10-1 with a 1st round by and presumably home field until Frisco.

gsu6trophies
November 20th, 2011, 06:39 PM
And no skill, are you saying nd 8 is your bad seed?

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Why don't you research Sam baker' southern heritage, hate mongerer.

born and raised. or is virginia not far enough south for ya?

No_Skill
November 20th, 2011, 06:41 PM
And no skill, are you saying nd 8 is your bad seed?

Not by a long shot!

Luckily the worst doesn't post here. :)

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Now you are being overly dramitic. It isn't a matter of honor, it's a matter of money plain and simple. There is a buyout clause for a reason and they used it. Big deal, it happens, move on.

That said, I don't know if there is a buyout deadline in the contracts, but that should definitely be a future consideration.

it wouldn't have been that big of a deal if they wouldn't have called out Presbyterian - IN THE PRESS - with very harsh language for doing exactly the same thing.

also, I'm not convinced at all that it was money. i think they realized last year that they had reestablished their program and that playing in Fargo in September would be hell of a lot harder than playing some school with The Blue Hose as their mascot.

gsu6trophies
November 20th, 2011, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=gsu6trophies;1729359]

Well the argument basically was that we were exceedingly disappointed that GSU wouldn't come to play in Fargo. NDSU is a proud program that has done everything right, we have had a few teams buy out on us and our AD would never do that. We are proud of the fact that NDSU would never play a DII school but we also realize that gives us a reason to puff our our chest a little bit. This and the other GSU thread was basically about how GSU was so disrespected by the committee and deserved a higher seed than NDSU. We merely pointed out the fact that you had an opportunity but for whatever reason, declined. Call it pride or honor or whatever, we do not care. Come to us, we will come to you but we will play you without question.

Hats off to our AD Gene Taylor, he has put NDSU in a very good position. We fans never have to whine about earning or not earning something because he puts us in a position where we don't have to worry about it. We are sitting at 10-1 with a 1st round by and presumably home field until Frisco.

that's not what has your fan's have said. From what I can tell ND is full of bigots n

gsu6trophies
November 20th, 2011, 06:47 PM
born and raised. or is virginia not far enough south for ya?

You're a bigot and hate mongerer.

No_Skill
November 20th, 2011, 06:49 PM
It appears this thread has run its course.

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Don't forget that Baker's been in Statesboro for 15 years.

If you really didn't want him he'd be gone.

Also, let's not forget that GSU had 5 home games in 09 and 10, but five homes in 2011 - that would not be enough.

Enjoy your illusions of grandeur.

"I know my Eagles took the bracket as disrespect for the SoCon and Georgia Southern in particular."

Seriously. Who the hell talks like that?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2011, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=NoDak 4 Ever;1729372]

that's not what has your fan's have said. From what I can tell ND is full of bigots n

Oh my god, you are so boring. Same comments over and over. Look, call it the Canadian influence or our largely Scandinavian heritage (yours truly is descendent of Norwegians from Canada) or the Lutheran faith, we are very inclusive. In fact North Dakotans consider themselves 650,000 of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Like I said earlier, if you can brave the cold you are in with us. As far as this devolution of the conversation has gone, sports fans generally are dicks, that is universal and anything one can say to another to take a shot at their team is generally fair game. I promise you, if you come to Fargo, you and your southern heritage, honor or grandma will be welcome with open arms. All you have to do is remember what Patrick Swayze said in Roadhouse..."Be Nice".

GSU Eagle
November 20th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Let's try to recap this threat:

From NDSU: GSU is cowardly. We deserved the #2 seed. There is no southern honor.

From GSU: We could have been the #2 seed. We are excited about the playoffs and our chances.

What needs to happen: Let's all just drop all this buyout stuff. The contract allowed for a buyout. We opted to do it. GSU fans had nothing to do with it at all.

Time to get the conversation back where it belongs-- on football and the playoffs.

gsu6trophies
November 20th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Don't forget that Baker's been in Statesboro for 15 years.

If you really didn't want him he'd be gone.

Also, let's not forget that GSU had 5 home games in 09 and 10, but five homes in 2011 - that would not be enough.

Enjoy your illusions of grandeur.

"I know my Eagles took the bracket as disrespect for the SoCon and Georgia Southern in particular."

Seriously. Who the hell talks like that?

Hahahaha. Now this is funny. Ok. Ok. In done. This shows how little you know about gsu faithful.

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Sounds good.

Have a great night.

Good luck to GSU in the playoffs.

gsu6trophies
November 20th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Let's try to recap this threat:

From NDSU: GSU is cowardly. We deserved the #2 seed. There is no southern honor.

From GSU: We could have been the #2 seed. We are excited about the playoffs and our chances.

What needs to happen: Let's all just drop all this buyout stuff. The contract allowed for a buyout. We opted to do it. GSU fans had nothing to do with it at all.

Time to get the conversation back where it belongs-- on football and the playoffs.

Bisons won't let you do that. Their hate and bigotry engulfs them too much. They are fixated on it. It devours them. They are full of hate.

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 07:04 PM
I thought you said you were done?

Don't you need to sew your honor patch on your new Stafford oxford before work tomorrow?

GSU Eagle
November 20th, 2011, 07:06 PM
NDSU has had a great season. As I have said before any team playing NDSU in Fargo has quite a challenge. I am hoping we both can win enough to get to a semifinal matchup.

gsu6trophies
November 20th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I thought you said you were done?

Don't you need to sew your honor patch on your new Stafford oxford before work tomorrow?

What's is a Stafford Oxford? Is that like jeans? Oh wait your stereo typing me. Wait? They don't do that in ND. How could it be possible?

Seriously? What are you talking about?

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 07:11 PM
an oxford is a style of shirt. stafford is the jc penney store brand.

the sewing the honor patch is a reference to the ephemism of wearing something on one's sleeve - that is on show for all to see.

let me know if you have any other questions.

The Eagle's Cliff
November 20th, 2011, 07:12 PM

Many southerners wear their honor on their sleeves. We don't do that in the north. We let actions speak for themselves.

There you go again! We bought the game out a year ahead of time which is protocol and honorable, even if you don't like it. We have a new president and we're on our third coach since the deal was made. I talked smack about hanging 40 on you because I'm sick to damn death of the insinuation that Georgia Southern is "afraid" to play anyone when on our FBS resume we have:
Alabama
Auburn
East Carolina
Florida (2)
Florida St (2)
Georgia (4)
Miami (2)
Navy
North Carolina
Oregon St.

NDSU FBS resume:
Ball St.
Central Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Minnesota (3)
Wyoming

App St is the only team that concerns me much because they're so familiar with us, but if that game happens, it'll be at Paulson. ODU is an unknown, but I know they're athletic and are well coached. Maine is usually BIG and physical and I would expect a tough game, but still like the home field advantage.

I think we have our hands full, but if we can make it to the semi's and NDSU is the opponent, I'll gladly make the trip to Fargo and be grateful to be inside your warm airplane hanger to watch the game.

Eaglesrus
November 20th, 2011, 07:15 PM
it wouldn't have been that big of a deal if they wouldn't have called out Presbyterian - IN THE PRESS - with very harsh language for doing exactly the same thing.

also, I'm not convinced at all that it was money. i think they realized last year that they had reestablished their program and that playing in Fargo in September would be hell of a lot harder than playing some school with The Blue Hose as their mascot.

Well, like No_Skill I think things have gotten way to dramatic here, but just to clarify, Presbyterian is who we played instead of NDSU. The team/school "called out" by "they" (Sam Baker) was Coastal Carolina.

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 07:16 PM
And how many FBS teams has GSU beated? One.

NDSU matched that on its first try. We have FIVE TIMES as many FBS wins and a .625 winning pct against FBS. GSU percentage is .05.

Also, GSU did not give us a year's notice. They gave us 10 months.

gsu6trophies
November 20th, 2011, 07:17 PM
an oxford is a style of shirt. stafford is the jc penney store brand.

the sewing the honor patch is a reference to the ephemism of wearing something on one's sleeve - that is on show for all to see.

let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for clearing your stereotype of me up for me. Btw you and yours are the ones who started squawking about southern honor. Only because it is some old timey stereotypical bigoted view you have of southerners. Guess what it's the 21 st century, and just because you live seclusion from the rest of the world it doesn't mean that things haven't changed.

Is this what you mean by inclusiveness No Dak 4?

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Well, like No_Skill I think things have gotten way to dramatic here, but just to clarify, Presbyterian is who we played instead of NDSU. The team/school "called out" by "they" (Sam Baker) was Coastal Carolina.

The issue is the concept and the high regard for protocol and honor.

It doesn't need to be the same team for hypocrisy to be present.

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Thanks for clearing your stereotype of me up for me. Btw you and yours are the ones who started squawking about southern honor. Only because it is some old timey stereotypical bigoted view you have of southerners. Guess what it's the 21 st century, and just because you live seclusion from the rest of the world it doesn't mean that things haven't changed.

Is this what you mean by inclusiveness No Dak 4?

I used to live in the south. Again, not as far south as Statesboro, but far enough that my wife's former employer asked that all employees call him 'governor'.

GSU Eagle
November 20th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I guess it must be more fun to continue this exchange. I will leave it to you.

Eaglesrus
November 20th, 2011, 07:23 PM
The issue is the concept and the high regard for protocol and honor.

It doesn't need to be the same team for hypocrisy to be present.

So, now its just arguing for arguing's sake? You win.

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 07:24 PM
There is no reason that the team's have to be the same.

FACT: GSU's AD called out a team for not giving them a year's heads up
FACT: GSU did the same thing to NDSU.

gsu6trophies
November 20th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I used to live in the south. Again, not as far south as Statesboro, but far enough that my wife's former employer asked that all employees call him 'governor'.

Yep and were all just like him. Thank for blanketing millions of people with your one experience.

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 07:26 PM
You are? I'm shocked.

He was an anachronism in Virginia in 2001, but I've never lived in Georgia.

Saint3333
November 20th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I think either Maine, ODU or Towson can compete with App State this year.

With ASU's oline no doubt about it. ASU is other areas will be more talented than these teams, but the oline is so important.

I don't think any of them can beat GSU.

DJKyR0
November 20th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Moral of this thread:

GSU fans can talk up their team as much as they want. No problem.

NDSU fans can talk up their team, but respect will be lost for them when they do and they will be ridiculed. Any success the Bison have is unwarranted.

I've got nothing against GSU and feel a strange kinship for a run-first team that did well in last season's playoffs as a non-seed, but if you're going to suddenly talk up your team like they're the bee's knees, don't be so taken aback when another fanbase does it too.

gsu6trophies
November 20th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Moral of this thread:

NDSU fans can talk up their team, but respect will be lost for them when they do and they will be ridiculed. Any success the Bison have is unwarranted.

I've got nothing against GSU and feel a strange kinship for a run-first team that did well in last season's playoffs as a non-seed, but if you're going to suddenly talk up your team like they're the bee's knees, don't be so taken aback when another fanbase does it too.

What thread are you reading? Why are Bison fans so eager to be slighted? I read a couple of eagle fans whining about the selection committee and a bunch of bison fans overreacting with over arching stereotypes.

DJKyR0
November 20th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Why are Bison fans so eager to be slighted?

Wasn't this thread started by a GSU fan b****ing about how their team was disrespected with a freakin' 3-seed?

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Why do you think we're screwing with GSU today?

This thread is based on the premise that GSU is hands down a more deserving #2 seed than NDSU.

That's ridiculous.

Is it arguable - absolutely. Is it Obvious - heck no.

The whole situation is whimsical when recognizing that almost exactly a year ago to the day GSU dropped its game against NDSU. This could have been settled on the field in September, but GSU wanted a sixth home game, but then got GSU'ed itself and got stuck with a DII while calling out the integrity of the team that did it to them.

Do they have irony in Georgia cause they do in Fargo.

needed to repost this.

bisonguy
November 20th, 2011, 07:56 PM
What thread are you reading? Why are Bison fans so eager to be slighted? I read a couple of eagle fans whining about the selection committee and a bunch of bison fans overreacting with over arching stereotypes.

Could you please list more than one Bison fan, or even better a bunch, posting anything close to resembling "over arching stereotypes"?

KTB

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 07:59 PM
It's me bisonguy. I've been teasing GSU about southern stereotypes of honor.

(which arose from the first posts use of the word disrespect)

bisonguy
November 20th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Ah, forgot you're a bunch of Bison fans xthumbsupx

Unless you're not, in which case he's not actually reading the thread.

DJKyR0
November 20th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Reading is for nerds anyway.

texcap
November 20th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Moral of this thread:

Mr. Kettle, or are your guys Mr. Pot. Either way, as an outside observer without a dog in this fight it seems to me that both sides in this fight are nothing more than my three year old twin granddaughters tattling on each other and denying it:

"She did it!"
"Did not. She did!"
"Did not!"
"Did too!"
"Did not!"
"Did too!"
"Did not!"
"Did too!"
"Did not!"
"Did too!"

After a while nobody is listening and nobody cares. The only thing othyer teams fans hope is that you BOTH get pasted in the first games so you'll just go away!

DJKyR0
November 20th, 2011, 08:22 PM
After a while nobody is listening and nobody cares. The only thing othyer teams fans hope is that you BOTH get pasted in the first games so you'll just go away!

Basically, yeah.

frozennorth
November 20th, 2011, 08:31 PM
What..?
How is GSU not the favorite to win it all this year..?
I'm not suggesting they don't have a tough road ahead but who's got a better chance than GSU

Ndsu and montana?

frozennorth
November 20th, 2011, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=NoDak 4 Ever;1729372]

Irony alert.

frozennorth
November 20th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Reading is for yankees anyway.

Fixed for this thread.

seantaylor
November 21st, 2011, 01:00 AM
The bolded must've been the funny part. :)

Clearly, the undefeated team with the #1 seed is the favorite.

You're neither good nor good at it.

seantaylor
November 21st, 2011, 01:09 AM

I'm cocking my head back like Ed Lover, c'mon son.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2011, 01:20 AM

Montana State wins:
1.MSU
2.SHSU
3.GSU
4.NDSU
5.UNI

Montana wins:
1.SHSU
2.GSU
3.NDSU
4.UNI
5.Montana

It might seem nit-picky, but the later you lose, the further down you go. You also make the point that "history" is a good indicator of how the committee will act. App St. last year was given the #1 seed over #1 ranked Eastern Washington less than 24 hours after Florida demolished them.

It's over and done with now - time to play football.

You won 8 games, deal with it.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2011, 01:33 AM
You people all look the same to me.

Lmfao XD DX!!! ++

Twentysix
November 21st, 2011, 01:40 AM
There you go again! We bought the game out a year ahead of time which is protocol and honorable, even if you don't like it. We have a new president and we're on our third coach since the deal was made. I talked smack about hanging 40 on you because I'm sick to damn death of the insinuation that Georgia Southern is "afraid" to play anyone when on our FBS resume we have:
Alabama
Auburn
East Carolina
Florida (2)
Florida St (2)
Georgia (4)
Miami (2)
Navy
North Carolina
Oregon St.

NDSU FBS resume:
Ball St. (MAC)
Central Michigan (MAC)
Eastern Michigan nice try, Iowa State (Big XII)
Kansas (Big XII)
Minnesota (3) (B1G, B1G, B1G)
Wyoming (MWC)

App St is the only team that concerns me much because they're so familiar with us, but if that game happens, it'll be at Paulson. ODU is an unknown, but I know they're athletic and are well coached. Maine is usually BIG and physical and I would expect a tough game, but still like the home field advantage.

I think we have our hands full, but if we can make it to the semi's and NDSU is the opponent, I'll gladly make the trip to Fargo and be grateful to be inside your warm airplane hanger to watch the game.

fify I do find it interesting that you have been in this division twenty years longer than us and we already have 4 more FBS wins than you.

SeattleGriz
November 21st, 2011, 01:55 AM
Ladies PLEASE. Can we let it go yet?

Twentysix
November 21st, 2011, 01:55 AM
Ladies PLEASE. Can we let it go yet?

Since you asked nicely. http://th570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/Lillith26/th_45b42bf8.jpg

SeattleGriz
November 21st, 2011, 01:56 AM
Since you asked nicely.

xthumbsupx

cbarrier90
November 21st, 2011, 02:04 AM
fify I do find it interesting that you have been in this division twenty years longer than us and we already have 4 more FBS wins than you.

I find it interesting that you're trying to equate a win against MAC squads and a hapless Big 10 and Big 12 squad as a win against historic ACC and SEC programs.

Plenty of GSU folks will say there are no moral victories, but hanging with Bama for a half or, in Furman's case, scaring the daylights out of Florida for three quarters is more impressive than a win against an opponent in a conference that might as well be FCS anyway or a team that has a website advocating the coach's release as soon as he's hired.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2011, 02:06 AM
I find it interesting that you're trying to equate a win against MAC squads and a hapless Big 10 and Big 12 squad as a win against historic ACC and SEC programs.

Plenty of GSU folks will say there are no moral victories, but hanging with Bama for a half or, in Furman's case, scaring the daylights out of Florida for three quarters is more impressive than a win against an opponent in a conference that might as well be FCS anyway or a team that has a website advocating the coach's release as soon as he's hired.

You are entitled to feel that way. I'm in it to win it. You can keep your games within 20 points we will keep winning ours. xthumbsupx

Baldy
November 21st, 2011, 02:08 AM

No, what's really interesting is that when we were where you are now, we were working on our 3rd National Championship.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2011, 02:10 AM
No, what's really interesting is that when we were where you are now, we were working on our 3rd National Championship.

I had no idea you won 3 national championships in your first 4 years of eligibility in the 125+ team FCS.

Baldy
November 21st, 2011, 02:22 AM

My God, what a whiny little crybaby. xbawlingx

xlolx

SeattleGriz
November 21st, 2011, 02:29 AM
My God, what a whiny little crybaby. xbawlingx

xlolx

Better GSU than Montana. Montana bought out a home and home with NDSU to pay off a budget deficit. You can imagine the pain we felt on the message boards.

Baldy
November 21st, 2011, 02:32 AM
I had no idea you won 3 national championships in your first 4 years of eligibility in the 125+ team FCS.

You aren't lying when you say you have no idea.
I said we were working on our third (meaning we had already won 2 and trying for the 3rd). Georgia Southern won its first National Championship in its 2nd year of eligibility and its 2nd in it's 3rd year. Back then, there were many more than just 125 teams in I-AA.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2011, 03:20 AM
You aren't lying when you say you have no idea.
I said we were working on our third (meaning we had already won 2 and trying for the 3rd). Georgia Southern won its first National Championship in its 2nd year of eligibility and its 2nd in it's 3rd year. Back then, there were many more than just 125 teams in I-AA.

How many more than 125 were there?

seantaylor
November 21st, 2011, 03:42 AM
Hey rube, some teams you may have heard of were in FCS back then. Boise State, Nevada, Troy, Western Kentucky, Marshall.

MTfan4life
November 21st, 2011, 03:48 AM
There are also a fair amount of current FCS teams that were in Division II or lower back then.

Squealofthepig
November 21st, 2011, 04:01 AM
Hey rube, some teams you may have heard of were in FCS back then. Boise State, Nevada, Troy, Western Kentucky, Marshall.

Outside of Boise State, all of these teams made noise way-back-when and not nearly as much so now. "We Are Marshall!" Yeah, grats on that, so what now? Best of luck versus a directional Michigan team in the meaningless.com bowl game!

Obviously, I'm just kidding, since Marshall isn't even bowl eligible yet. xpeacex

Twentysix
November 21st, 2011, 04:55 AM

So you came up with 5 names? I expected more than 125 names, or do you have no idea who was actually in DIAA at that time?

Back then, there were many more than just 125 teams in I-AA.

Gil Dobie
November 21st, 2011, 06:59 AM

NDSU gets smacked with it brings this up for it's 3 championships in the 1960's.

NDSU lost to Troy in the 1984 NC game on a last second FG.

Saint3333
November 21st, 2011, 07:52 AM
Outside of Boise State, all of these teams made noise way-back-when and not nearly as much so now. "We Are Marshall!" Yeah, grats on that, so what now? Best of luck versus a directional Michigan team in the meaningless.com bowl game!

Obviously, I'm just kidding, since Marshall isn't even bowl eligible yet. xpeacex

All of those teams were top 20 programs (not teams) at the FCS level when they left. Marshall was a top 5 program.

Baldy
November 21st, 2011, 08:04 AM
How many more than 125 were there?
And that matters...how? xeyebrowx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2011, 08:10 AM
And that matters...how? xeyebrowx

Wow, I go to bed and you guys keep the conversation going! Priceless.

The bottom line is that we all are fans of very successful football programs (not a bad problem to have). The issue at hand is that we are attempting to compare the quality of our football program to what has happened in the past. Well it is sufficient to say that the past is way too far back for either team to really make a difference. GSU hasn't seen the championship game in 11 years, big deal. Should we all have given super huge deference to Youngstown State because they were successful back then too? Simple fact of the matter is it will all get settled on the field. NDSU has the makings of a successful FCS football team just like they were a successful DII team. They have the facilities, fans, and resources to get it done. 20 years from now we may be signing a different tune than today once all this new kid on the block nonsense is over.

Hammerhead
November 21st, 2011, 08:15 AM
Just for some perspective, you might recognize a few teams that were voted champions of the College Division before the NCAA created the current divisions and playoffs:

National champions by polling
Year Champion
1958 Southern Miss
1959 Bowling Green
1960 Ohio
1961 Pittsburg State
1962 Southern Miss (UPI), Florida A&M (AP)
1963 Delaware (UPI), Northern Illinois (AP)
1964 Los Angeles State (UPI), Wittenberg (AP)
1965 North Dakota State
1966 San Diego State
1967 San Diego State
1968 San Diego State (UPI), North Dakota State (AP)
1969 North Dakota State
1970 Arkansas State
1971 Delaware
1972 Delaware
1973 Tennessee State
1974 Louisiana Tech (UPI), Central Michigan (AP)

NDSU gets smacked with it brings this up for it's 3 championships in the 1960's.

NDSU lost to Troy in the 1984 NC game on a last second FG.

gsu6trophies
November 21st, 2011, 10:26 AM
Wow, I go to bed and you guys keep the conversation going! Priceless.

The bottom line is that we all are fans of very successful football programs (not a bad problem to have). The issue at hand is that we are attempting to compare the quality of our football program to what has happened in the past. Well it is sufficient to say that the past is way too far back for either team to really make a difference. GSU hasn't seen the championship game in 11 years, big deal. Should we all have given super huge deference to Youngstown State because they were successful back then too? Simple fact of the matter is it will all get settled on the field. NDSU has the makings of a successful FCS football team just like they were a successful DII team. They have the facilities, fans, and resources to get it done. 20 years from now we may be signing a different tune than today once all this new kid on the block nonsense is over.

I'm all for letting them settle it on the field, but Bison fans can't let go of their bigoted stereotypes, and some decision made by a pencil pusher long enough to talk football.

SoCon48
November 21st, 2011, 11:42 AM
All of those teams were top 20 programs (not teams) at the FCS level when they left. Marshall was a top 5 program.

Are they top 5 now. Just a rhetorical question.

NDB
November 21st, 2011, 11:49 AM
I'm all for letting them settle it on the field, but Bison fans can't let go of their bigoted stereotypes, and some decision made by a pencil pusher long enough to talk football.

I have been disrespected!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2011, 12:21 PM

Again with the bigoted stereotypes. I have never seen anyone from the south referred to as boring but you sir, are setting quite the precedent!

Southern Bison
November 21st, 2011, 01:20 PM
I had the joy of watching my alma mater play GA Southern in 2006 and for 60 minutes, it was intense and the game lived up to the hype...the DII school transitioning against a highly-regarded DI-AA (FCS) program. Following the game, about 20 Bison fans and alum joined me at a bar next to campus where we were bought rounds of drinks by GSU fans & toasting 2 strong teams by both fan bases. For 11 years, I have enjoyed Southern culture and the people and following strong SoCon football programs. To both sides, QUIT THE PISSING CONTEST!!

To my NDSU brethern who bleed Green & Gold with me, we have earned the #2 seed in the FCS playoffs with a strong showing against FCS & FBS opponents. Let's worry about the JMU/EKU winner before anything else.

To my fellow southerners, your hospitality was wonderful in '06. Statesboro is a great city with a storied football history at its school. GSU fans, worry about your matchup with the NSU/ODU winner in 2 weeks.

If December 11th rolls around and NDSU has gotten past JMU or EKU, then past Towson or Lehigh; and GA Southern is past NSU or ODU, then App State or Maine, then let's fire this measuring contest back up!!

Until then, both programs have strong teams coming to visit them.

Eaglesrus
November 21st, 2011, 01:29 PM
I had the joy of watching my alma mater play GA Southern in 2006 and for 60 minutes, it was intense and the game lived up to the hype...the DII school transitioning against a highly-regarded DI-AA (FCS) program. Following the game, about 20 Bison fans and alum joined me at a bar next to campus where we were bought rounds of drinks by GSU fans & toasting 2 strong teams by both fan bases. For 11 years, I have enjoyed Southern culture and the people and following strong SoCon football programs. To both sides, QUIT THE PISSING CONTEST!!

To my NDSU brethern who bleed Green & Gold with me, we have earned the #2 seed in the FCS playoffs with a strong showing against FCS & FBS opponents. Let's worry about the JMU/EKU winner before anything else.

To my fellow southerners, your hospitality was wonderful in '06. Statesboro is a great city with a storied football history at its school. GSU fans, worry about your matchup with the NSU/ODU winner in 2 weeks.

If December 11th rolls around and NDSU has gotten past JMU or EKU, then past Towson or Lehigh; and GA Southern is past NSU or ODU, then App State or Maine, then let's fire this measuring contest back up!!

Until then, both programs have strong teams coming to visit them.

Wow, somebody from the middle of App State country (ASU fan or not) said that? Much appreciation to you, sir, very glad to see your positive comments!

Laserlips
November 21st, 2011, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=NDB
I knew that southern honor think was a pile of sh#t.[/QUOTE]

NDB:

Respectfully, you can blame the Coach and players all you care to, but we have an Athletic Director who went to school in the short bus and is primarily responsible for the "down years" of No-Coach Bryan Van Idiot and Coach Hatcher's tenure..

If you think that the Georgia Southern Football team had any say in dropping the game you are sadly mistaken.xcrazyx

I would suggest that "to be the best, you have to play the best"..

So IF your team is as proficient as your mouth, chances are you'll get your wish to play Georgia Southern, and "be careful of what you wish for" might come home to bite you in the butt.

Jesse

NDB
November 21st, 2011, 01:51 PM
If you think that the Georgia Southern Football team had any say in dropping the game you are sadly mistaken.xcrazyx

You mean they don't take a team vote?

As I said before, Baker's been there 15 years. If you guys don't like him, send him packing.