PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Kentucky Really?

achrist70
November 20th, 2011, 09:58 AM
This team does not deserve to be in the playoffs, Illinois State, Delaware, Eastern Washington, and a bunch of other teams are more deserving, even Drake is a better team.

TTUEagles
November 20th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I'll give you Delaware - but, EKU demolished an EIU team that beat Illinois State. Despite losing to conference champ, TTU, EKU finished strong...Almost beat Kansas St. I'll also give you that it's not a convincing argument but, that's some of the reasoning - I'm guessing.

eaglewraith
November 20th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Delaware did not get 7 D1 wins.

As we were told in 2007, that's case closed...enjoy sitting at home.

UNIFanSince1983
November 20th, 2011, 10:03 AM
I'll give you Delaware - but, EKU demolished an EIU team that beat Illinois State. Despite losing to conference champ, TTU, EKU finished strong...Almost beat EKU. I'll also give you that it's not a convincing argument but, that's some of the reasoning - I'm guessing.

But they also lost to Austin Peay.

I think the thing of significance was that they only have 3 FCS losses while ISU had 4 FCS losses. Delaware didn't get 7 D1 wins. I don't think EWU got 7 D1 wins either.

Dane96
November 20th, 2011, 10:04 AM
I am surprised...but more surprised that JMU is going to EKU.

The JMU AD has some serious explaining to do...

RichH2
November 20th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Cant talk on EKU never saw them but JMU over Del??

Ginsbach
November 20th, 2011, 10:06 AM
But they also lost to Austin Peay.

I think the thing of significance was that they only have 3 FCS losses while ISU had 4 FCS losses. Delaware didn't get 7 D1 wins. I don't think EWU got 7 D1 wins either.

That's right. EWU was 6-5 with losses to FBS Washington, in conference losses to Montana, Montana State, and Portland State and a terrible out of conference loss to South Dakota.

Dane96
November 20th, 2011, 10:10 AM

JMU...is a better football team. Started off meh...but they are better.

Mr. C
November 20th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Eastern Kentucky is a co-champion in the OVC. Just like two of the three MEAC co-champs made the field last year, two of the three OVC co-champs were selected this year. The loss to Eastern Illinois killed Illinois State.

Mr. C
November 20th, 2011, 10:14 AM

JMU was ranked ahead of Delaware in the CAA and the Dukes actually WON SEVEN NCAA DIVISION I GAMES.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Delaware and EWU were never really formally under consideration.

EKU beat out Illinois State, apparently, for the reasons above. Other teams they beat out include Georgetown, Duquesne and Bethune Cookman.

MR. CHICKEN
November 20th, 2011, 10:28 AM
JMU was ranked ahead of Delaware in the CAA and the Dukes actually WON SEVEN NCAA DIVISION I GAMES.

16255....NOT ARGUIN'...DUH SIX D-I W'S...O'...YOU-DEE.....OWN-LAH...BETWEEN DELAWARE & JMU.....OF DUH DUKES VICTIMS.....ONE TEAM WHIFF WINNIN' RECORD....ASIDE DUH 7 WIN ASSUMED STANDARD......W'S OVERAH TOWSON...ON DUH ROAD & OL' DIMMIE.....THREE STRAIGHT W'S....UH NAME BRAND WHIFF...LOTS O' PLAY-OFF SUCCESS.....UH BID TA TRUMP...EKU...........JES' SAYIN'..........AN' WAS VERAH SURPRISED....DUH "U" LADS.....HAD DELAWARE'S BACK...xrotatehx...BRAWK!

WileECoyote06
November 20th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Eastern Kentucky is a co-champion in the OVC. Just like two of the three MEAC co-champs made the field last year, two of the three OVC co-champs were selected this year. The loss to Eastern Illinois killed Illinois State.

Good comparison. You're always dropping gems.

MR. CHICKEN
November 20th, 2011, 10:41 AM
16256.....B/4...YA'S THROW DUH BAD EGGS...AH'M MERELY SAYIN'.....ASSUMIN' JMU IS LAST IN.....DAT DELAWARE'S BODAH O' WORK....OUT WEIGHS...DUH DUKIES.....AH PERSONAL-LAH DON'T THINK DUH HENS DESEREVED IT.....&...JMU DID BEAT UMA$$......WHOM CAME TA TUBBY FIELD....AN' PLAYED ONE Q......ENUFF TA WIN....AN' WAS DUH CULPRIT WHO KEPT US OUT...BUT AS D-II TEAMS GO......WEST CHESTER...IS UH...D-II PLAY-OFF SQWAD...ALOTTAH TIMES.....xrotatehx...AWQ!

whitey
November 20th, 2011, 10:47 AM
I think you have to assume EKU is the last team in, not JMU. JMU was probably #19 though.

dgtw
November 20th, 2011, 10:47 AM
I'll give you Delaware - but, EKU demolished an EIU team that beat Illinois State. Despite losing to conference champ, TTU, EKU finished strong...Almost beat EKU. I'll also give you that it's not a convincing argument but, that's some of the reasoning - I'm guessing.

If we don't blow a 24 point fourth quarter lead to EKU, Jax State wins the OVC outright and gets the autobid. Do you think you'd have gotten an at large in that situation? (Serious question, no smack intended).

henfan
November 20th, 2011, 10:51 AM

I & many Hen fans agree with that reasoning 100% but the added dig was unnecessarily dxckish. Still smarting from last year's beat down at the Tub, I see. xnodx

Ah, just get over it and enjoy GSU's 2011 playoff run. Good luck to your team.

ekufbfan
November 20th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Most EKU fans were surprised we got in. Nevertheless we deserved to get in. EKU did lose to peay , but I think that one was an enigma (I am sure that other teams can point to games they should not have lost) we lost to Kansas State 10-7 on a last minute TD at the end of the game (you know THE KSU that has wins over Baylor, Texas A&M and Texas).

ekufbfan
November 20th, 2011, 10:59 AM
If we don't blow a 24 point fourth quarter lead to EKU, Jax State wins the OVC outright and gets the autobid. Do you think you'd have gotten an at large in that situation? (Serious question, no smack intended).

If's and buts were candy and nuts....If we (EKU) had not lost to Kansas State on a last minute TD, If we had not blew it against peay, If we had not played such a bad 3rd quarter against JSU, If we had scored another TD against TTU we would have been the only 2011 OVC Champ...if, if, if.....
And yes I think JSU would have gotten an at large bid, IF they had been in a position to get it in(we owned the win over JSU remember)...if, if, if

Cocky
November 20th, 2011, 11:09 AM
EKU is a better team than ISU.
With EKU being at home I would assume they were not the last team in.

Redhawk2010
November 20th, 2011, 11:20 AM
This team does not deserve to be in the playoffs, Illinois State, Delaware, Eastern Washington, and a bunch of other teams are more deserving, even Drake is a better team.

Awww.. MVC fans with their panties in a bunch. Illinois State lost to Eastern Illinois who is equally as bad as Austin Peay this year. So if you want to use EKU losing to AP as a reason to keep them out, then you can use ISU losing to EIU as a reason to keep them out.

Twentysix
November 20th, 2011, 11:20 AM

Being at home is about $$$ and has nothing to do with # into the playoffs outside the top 5.

This is not basketball, in which case the tournament games arent played at home anyway.

TTUEagles
November 20th, 2011, 11:35 AM

No, I don't think TTU would've received (or earned) and autobid. Playing only 10 games would have killed that idea. I'll remind some, though, that TTU as a missed field goal and missed extra point from being 9-1 here...Two FCS losses by only 3 total points. They earned their place at the table (and, I'm not inferring that you don't think they are, either)...

dgtw
November 20th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Why did you only play ten games?

eaglewraith
November 20th, 2011, 11:45 AM
I & many Hen fans agree with that reasoning 100% but the added dig was unnecessarily dxckish. Still smarting from last year's beat down at the Tub, I see. xnodx

Ah, just get over it and enjoy GSU's 2011 playoff run. Good luck to your team.

Not a dig, that's what we were told back then.

whitey
November 20th, 2011, 11:50 AM

Like TwentySix said. EKU outbid JMU, period and end of story. That's why they are at home next Saturday.

TTUEagles
November 20th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Why did you only play ten games?

Some FBS school backed out on them back in the fall of 2010. TTU took too long to get an FCS opponent and couldn't get one at the last minute. That was the hope for OOC: 1 FBS, 1 sub D-1 and 1 FCS. I know for certain Alcorn State turned down a home game vs TECH and still don't know who the other FCS school that turned them down...

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Awww.. MVC fans with their panties in a bunch. Illinois State lost to Eastern Illinois who is equally as bad as Austin Peay this year. So if you want to use EKU losing to AP as a reason to keep them out, then you can use ISU losing to EIU as a reason to keep them out.

Dont lump us alm together. I dont think thr Redbirds got screwed. Not a fan of EKU in either.

GoBlue06
November 20th, 2011, 12:40 PM

False. There were NOT ranked ahead of us in the CAA...and JMU beat ONE team all year that had a winning record...very deserving of playoff!xeyebrowx

jmufan
November 20th, 2011, 12:50 PM
False. There were NOT ranked ahead of us in the CAA...and JMU beat ONE team all year that had a winning record...very deserving of playoff!xeyebrowx

A win over a NEC team is much greater than a win over a DII school and that is why UD did not get in.

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2011, 01:25 PM
To Illinois St:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o190/BCG_rakizta/effed.png

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 20th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I'm glad to see the Dukes get a bid and with Thorpe at the helm we are in a much better position to make some noise.

There were quite a few teams that played themselves out of the field the last two weeks of the season.

Go Dukes

Squealofthepig
November 20th, 2011, 01:44 PM
One possible explanation for EKU is that the OVC actually produced more playoff-eligible teams than any conference (other than the CAA of course). TT, Jacksonville State, EKU and Murray State all had seven or more D-1 wins.

Not that I agree with EKU over ISUr; just want to provide some possible justification. It's weak, I will quickly admit!

jmufan999
November 20th, 2011, 02:35 PM

How much do you want to bet that we NEVER, EVER get an explanation. Only excuses.

Squealofthepig
November 20th, 2011, 02:45 PM
How much do you want to bet that we NEVER, EVER get an explanation. Only excuses.

Every possible excuse seems to be easily rebutted:

"Fiscal responsibility!" Yeah, nothing local communities love more than seeing a potential big sporting event NOT come to your home town.

"They have more fans and could more easily outbid us." James Madison: 25,002 (third nationally, behind only ASU and Montana). Eastern Kentucky: 7,267 (averaging only a third-full stadium)

"We didn't really think we'd make the playoffs!" Dukes were in good position at the time bids were submitted, and if they actually thought they wouldn't make it, they could more easily bid more aggressively.

"Our stadium was already reserved that weekend for a Justin Bieber conference." There does not appear to be anything like this.

I'm sure there are more excuses - but that's what they would be, excuses. With the third best attendance in the FCS, and averaging their 25k strong, there should be no reason the Dukes don't host this game.

danefan
November 20th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Delaware has no one to blame but their AD.

You schedule a DII and an FBS and you take that chance.

No 6-win team has ever gotten an at-large.

Mr. C
November 20th, 2011, 02:46 PM
And none ever should.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2011, 02:49 PM

"Fiscal responsibility!" Yeah, nothing local communities love more than seeing a potential big sporting event NOT come to your home town.

"They have more fans and could more easily outbid us." James Madison: 25,002 (third nationally, behind only ASU and Montana). Eastern Kentucky: 7,267 (averaging only a third-full stadium)

"We didn't really think we'd make the playoffs!" Dukes were in good position at the time bids were submitted, and if they actually thought they wouldn't make it, they could more easily bid more aggressively.

"Our stadium was already reserved that weekend for a Justin Bieber conference." There does not appear to be anything like this.

I'm sure there are more excuses - but that's what they would be, excuses. With the third best attendance in the FCS, and averaging their 25k strong, there should be no reason the Dukes don't host this game.

Did JMU's AD forget to submit a bid or what? Did a big booster for EKU cut a massive check? I can't figure this out either....it's mystifying.

Mr. C
November 20th, 2011, 02:53 PM

Nothing false about it. JMU and Delaware were both 5-3 in league and JMU had one more D-I victory than Delaware. Obviously, the committee ranked JMU ahead of Delaware as many other FCS experts did. The Blue Hens never had a chance to make the field after losing their fourth game of the season.

mainejeff
November 20th, 2011, 02:58 PM
This match-up has smoky back room written all over it! Both ADs are on the selection committee........DUH! If this game were on Dec.3, I GUARANTEE that this game would be played in Harrisonburg.;)

Mr. C
November 20th, 2011, 03:01 PM
I was looking forward to my first chance to see a game at the new Bridgeforth Stadium.

wmmii
November 20th, 2011, 03:01 PM

JMU has a track record of not getting home playoff games!! They got the bucks so what a shame!

PaladinFan
November 20th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Completely off topic, but you could have a pretty compelling playoff with some of the 6-5 teams out there.

whitey
November 20th, 2011, 03:17 PM

I wouldn't say JMU is very deserving. Let's face it we were one of the last teams in for good reason. But I would say we are more deserving than Delaware. So have fun watching us on TV next Saturday.

Squealofthepig
November 20th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Completely off topic, but you could have a pretty compelling playoff with some of the 6-5 teams out there.

That would actually be fun - an 8 team playoff comprised of the best of the rest. Heck, I'll even do a bracket:

8 Georgetown
1 Illinois State

5 Eastern Washington
4 Youngstown State

6 Furman
3 Delaware

7 Portland State
2 Indiana State

TwoFeathers
November 20th, 2011, 03:21 PM

Didn't Coastal Carolina get in last year with 6 wins (6-5)?

TwoFeathers
November 20th, 2011, 03:25 PM
I'm glad to see the Dukes get a bid and with Thorpe at the helm we are in a much better position to make some noise.

There were quite a few teams that played themselves out of the field the last two weeks of the season.

Go Dukes

JMU could possibly have somewhat of a Cinderella run... Would be interesting to see them at North Dakota St.

MplsBison
November 20th, 2011, 03:27 PM
I am surprised...but more surprised that JMU is going to EKU.

Something dirty went down or the JMU AD put in such a low bid that he deserves to be canned, on the spot. What a friggin moron.

Only other explanation is EKU is going to lose a lot of money on this playoff game. Hope getting their heads stoved in at home in front of a lively T-giving crowd of around 5k was worth it.

MplsBison
November 20th, 2011, 03:29 PM
JMU could possibly have somewhat of a Cinderella run... Would be interesting to see them at North Dakota St.

That would be a fun game! JMU has a great program and I'm sure there would be a decent band of traveling fans that make it to Fargo.

UNIFanSince1983
November 20th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Didn't Coastal Carolina get in last year with 6 wins (6-5)?

I believe so, but I am also pretty sure they were the Big South Autobid.

jmufan
November 20th, 2011, 03:41 PM
They were the Big South autobid. BTW, thanks to the admin for getting the tapatalk app on the message board. Now I can post while away and on my phone! Woohoo!

EKUSteve
November 20th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Something dirty went down or the JMU AD put in such a low bid that he deserves to be canned, on the spot. What a friggin moron.

Only other explanation is EKU is going to lose a lot of money on this playoff game. Hope getting their heads stoved in at home in front of a lively T-giving crowd of around 5k was worth it.

Our AD (Mark Sandy) tried to get a home game three years ago against Richmond, but Richmond was a top 4 seed. We've had the money stockpiled for a while waiting for the chance to get a home game.

I'm not sure we'll get bashed in like you think. If EKU can play at the level we did against Kansas St, we can play with anyone. But we have to play at that level. I know the CAA teams are confident, but I have a feeling here that the Colonels may just play to JMU's level.

UNI Pike
November 20th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Once the OVC wins a playoff game, then deserve consideration for more than the autobid. Until that day, no more than 1 OVC team.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2011, 04:26 PM
One possible explanation for EKU is that the OVC actually produced more playoff-eligible teams than any conference (other than the CAA of course). TT, Jacksonville State, EKU and Murray State all had seven or more D-1 wins.

I think members of the MEAC would like to say something about that.... xlolx

Jazzman1522
November 20th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Hey everyone. Just discovered this site and am an EKU alum, so yeah, I'm totally biased and happy that the committee might have screwed up. Happens every year, I suppose. I'm seeing a lot of the 7 D-I win rule being thrown out and I just wanted to throw this out there, even though it might create more ammo against my team being in the playoffs. My understanding was that 7 D-I wins was an unwritten rule. Meaning, it's not actually written down, thus not actually a rule. The committee uses it as a benchmark but would be well within their rights to give Delaware or any other team a spot in the bracket in spite of it. Now, I'm relatively new to the discussion, so if anyone can tell me I'm wrong, I'll totally accept it. Just throwing it out there.

Also, to the posters pointing out that EKU and JMU's athletic director's were on the committee, they weren't in the room for the discussion about their own teams.

In any case, I'm completely happy with the selection committee's choices this year. No complaints, whatsoever. Great job by everyone! xsmiley_wix

jmufan
November 20th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Our AD (Mark Sandy) tried to get a home game three years ago against Richmond, but Richmond was a top 4 seed. We've had the money stockpiled for a while waiting for the chance to get a home game.

I'm not sure we'll get bashed in like you think. If EKU can play at the level we did against Kansas St, we can play with anyone. But we have to play at that level. I know the CAA teams are confident, but I have a feeling here that the Colonels may just play to JMU's level.

That is certainly plausible. Playoff teams are in the playoffs for a reason, and I am willing to bet that both teams will be playing quite hard Saturday.

EKUSteve
November 20th, 2011, 05:07 PM
That is certainly plausible. Playoff teams are in the playoffs for a reason, and I am willing to bet that both teams will be playing quite hard Saturday.

Agree.

I've tried posting some of this over at the JMU part of the CAA board, but all my responses are awaiting the moderator to approve.

Your folks are trashing our facilities pretty badly. The structure for the main stands was built in the 60's. The field turf (not grass anymore) got laid 3 years ago.

First home playoff game since 94 for us. Last time we played the now defunct Boston U program. Our last playoff W...

danefan
November 20th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Hey everyone. Just discovered this site and am an EKU alum, so yeah, I'm totally biased and happy that the committee might have screwed up. Happens every year, I suppose. I'm seeing a lot of the 7 D-I win rule being thrown out and I just wanted to throw this out there, even though it might create more ammo against my team being in the playoffs. My understanding was that 7 D-I wins was an unwritten rule. Meaning, it's not actually written down, thus not actually a rule. The committee uses it as a benchmark but would be well within their rights to give Delaware or any other team a spot in the bracket in spite of it. Now, I'm relatively new to the discussion, so if anyone can tell me I'm wrong, I'll totally accept it. Just throwing it out there.

Also, to the posters pointing out that EKU and JMU's athletic director's were on the committee, they weren't in the room for the discussion about their own teams.

In any case, I'm completely happy with the selection committee's choices this year. No complaints, whatsoever. Great job by everyone! xsmiley_wix

The 7 win rule is written down, it's just not a hard and fast rule.

The won-lost record of a team will be scrutinized to determine a team’s strength of schedule; however, less than seven Division I wins may place a team in jeopardy of not being selected;

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/champ_handbooks/football/2011/2011_1_football.pdf

Jazzman1522
November 20th, 2011, 05:09 PM
The 7 win rule is written down, it's just not a hard and fast rule.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/champ_handbooks/football/2011/2011_1_football.pdf

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification!

BlueHenSinfonian
November 20th, 2011, 05:11 PM
And none ever should.

At least until we move to a 24 team field.

dgtw
November 20th, 2011, 05:19 PM
They mentioned the seven win thing on the selection show, I think it was someone from the NCAA who said it.

danefan
November 20th, 2011, 05:21 PM
They mentioned the seven win thing on the selection show, I think it was someone from the NCAA who said it.

Jim O'Day, Montana AD and Chair of the selection committee basically said in no uncertain terms tat Delaware didn't get in because they only had 6 DI wins.

danefan
November 20th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification!

No prob, and welcome to the board.

Engineer86
November 20th, 2011, 05:34 PM
JMU has a track record of not getting home playoff games!! They got the bucks so what a shame!

The year they won it all weren't they on the road the entire way. I remember being surprised that the opening game with Lehigh was at Lehigh

whitey
November 20th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Your folks are trashing our facilities pretty badly. The structure for the main stands was built in the 60's. The field turf (not grass anymore) got laid 3 years ago.

First home playoff game since 94 for us. Last time we played the now defunct Boston U program. Our last playoff W...

I know it probably appears JMU fans are bashing your facilities but most are pointing out that our facilities, being newer and larger are surely better. I wouldn't take it personally....most JMU fans are pretty upset that we filled our stadium all year and our AD screws up and doesn't land us a home game in round 1.

19Duke97
November 20th, 2011, 05:37 PM
That would be a fun game! JMU has a great program and I'm sure there would be a decent band of traveling fans that make it to Fargo.

Speaking of band's. Could the Duke fans imagine how our band would sound in that dome?!?!? Holy Carp that would be loud. I can't imagine JMU would pay to cart that many folks to ND, but wow just thinking abt it...

EKUSteve
November 20th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I know it probably appears JMU fans are bashing your facilities but most are pointing out that our facilities, being newer and larger are surely better. I wouldn't take it personally....most JMU fans are pretty upset that we filled our stadium all year and our AD screws up and doesn't land us a home game in round 1.

I can understand the frustration. I went through the years where seeding didn't matter. 1991 we were the No. 1 seed and had to go to Marshall for the semifinals. Samford was No 2 and had to go to Youngstown State.

I would love to win the lottery and upgrade the stadium further.

AAadict
November 20th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Does anyone know of another program in the country who plays the same freaking DII team every single year like Delaware vs. West Chester? Quite possibly the most mystifying annual on any schedule. Chinese water torture.
I feel bad for the Hen's players who turned it around and won 3 straight including the only CAA team to beat Towson and did it on the road.

Bam
November 20th, 2011, 06:10 PM
I love it! One of the greatest football programs finally getting some tv exposure. Win or lose this EKU alum is mighty proud to be a Colonel fan. Haters keep hating.

Squealofthepig
November 20th, 2011, 06:19 PM
The year they won it all weren't they on the road the entire way. I remember being surprised that the opening game with Lehigh was at Lehigh

That's correct, and it wasn't really easy: @Lehigh, @Furman, @W&M, then the championship game vs. Montana. Also odd that they won both against the Paladins and the Tribe by a score of 14-13.

whitey
November 20th, 2011, 06:24 PM
That's correct, and it wasn't really easy: @Lehigh, @Furman, @W&M, then the championship game vs. Montana. Also odd that they won both against the Paladins and the Tribe by a score of 14-13.

We beat Lehigh and Furman 14-13. William & Mary we beat 48-34 and then beat Montana 31-21. But yes, we were on the road the whole time.

ekufbfan
November 20th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I love it! One of the greatest football programs finally getting some tv exposure. Win or lose this EKU alum is mighty proud to be a Colonel fan. Haters keep hating.
Amen brother!
Go EKU!

MplsBison
November 20th, 2011, 06:48 PM

Ok so the answer is that EKU saved up money to put in a larger bid than they normally would've been able, knowing full well they were going to lose money on the game anyway. Might as well blow it all, I guess.

Jazzman1522
November 20th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Amen brother!
Go EKU!

I believe it's time to update your signature my friend. Eighteen playoff appearances is nice, but I think a nice, even 20 would look even better there.

In response to the question posed in this thread's title:

Really.

Go Colonels!

ekufbfan
November 20th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Okay I understand some of the questions regarding EKU but I can tell you we at EKU have been doing this playoff thing since 1979 and there are always some questions, but please we do NOT deserve all this trashing of our progrm.
GOOOOOOO COLONELS!

Bam
November 20th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I say go retro for the game and bring back the old helmet logo!

Tubby Raymond
November 20th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Nothing false about it. JMU and Delaware were both 5-3 in league and JMU had one more D-I victory than Delaware. Obviously, the committee ranked JMU ahead of Delaware as many other FCS experts did. The Blue Hens never had a chance to make the field after losing their fourth game of the season.

I know there ain't much to do in Boone but you could come up with some non repetitive thoughts can't you?

ekufbfan
November 20th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I say go retro for the game and bring back the old helmet logo!

Yes, I could go for that.

colonelblitz
November 20th, 2011, 08:03 PM
EKU WINS...

URMite
November 21st, 2011, 01:22 AM

We were a 4 seed in 2009. But we had home games against EKU in 2007 & 2008.
Everyone on here wondered how. Just like when we hosted Furman in 2005.

People have wondered how JMU rarely gets a home game a few times as well.

MplsBison
November 21st, 2011, 01:05 PM
They're too cheap to try to win a bid for a home game, obviously.

If a program like JMU is getting outbid by an OVC team...gee whiz, bunch of cheap-skates in the AD.

JMU_71
November 21st, 2011, 01:37 PM
They're too cheap to try to win a bid for a home game, obviously.

If a program like JMU is getting outbid by an OVC team...gee whiz, bunch of cheap-skates in the AD.

Yelp, he tried to be cute with his bidding and now we have palace that no one will see. My question for Jeff Bourne (JMU's AD): Why did we build this stadium again? Obviously, not to use it to our advantage during the playoffs, so what was the reason? Disgraceful, simply digraceful!

UD77
November 21st, 2011, 02:39 PM

No you are wrong. UD and JMU would be tied in the CAA with the same record. Not sure how the tie breaker would have gone, if it ever would have come down to that. UD beat two top 10 teams and are higher rated in all polls than JMU. Yea I know, the committee doesn't look at polls.... With that said, UD still screwed up on the schedule (which is interesting as KC is very firm on his belief that in an 11 game schedule - you don't have both a d2 and a 1A team on the schedule). This UD team is good enough to be in the play offs but they should have taken care of that in the regular season and not had to worry about trying to be the first team with 6 wins to get in.