PDA

View Full Version : No love for Lehigh and the Patriot League

LUHawker
November 20th, 2011, 09:31 AM
10-1 with a 9 game winning streak and dominant play including over arch rival Lafayette gets them an away tilt with the CAA champ.

And somehow Maine and App St., neither of which won their conference gets paired up in the East.

This regionalization format is BS.

Kramden
November 20th, 2011, 09:34 AM
10-1 with a 9 game winning streak and dominant play including over arch rival Lafayette gets them an away tilt with the CAA champ.

And somehow Maine and App St., neither of which won their conference gets paired up in the East.

Good Luck to Lehigh. Towson is beatable and you guys have had a great season. Make the PL Proud!

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Perhaps it would have been helpful if you had beaten anyone of significance. Everyone deals with regionalization and Lehigh/Towson was a bus-trip. I'm surprised Towson outbid Lehigh, though..

LUHawker
November 20th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Perhaps it would have been helpful if you had beaten anyone of significance. Everyone deals with regionalization and Lehigh/Towson was a bus-trip. I'm surprised Towson outbid Lehigh, though..

What an ignorant moron you must be. The team was 10-1 with its one loss to your Wildcats in week 2 in OT.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2011, 09:44 AM
What an ignorant moron you must be. The team was 10-1 with its one loss to your Wildcats in week 2 in OT.

Yes, clearly I am an ignorant moron. Which playoff teams did you beat this year?

joecooll6
November 20th, 2011, 09:45 AM

So, since he is an ignorant moron, that means you must have beaten someone of significance that he missed? And who would that be?

kdinva
November 20th, 2011, 09:46 AM
So, since he is an ignorant moron, that means you must have beaten someone of significance that he missed? And who would that be?
Liberty?

MTfan4life
November 20th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Those three teams: Maine beat playoff level New Hampshire and playoff level James Madison. Appalachian State beat seeded Georgia Southern. Lehigh lost in their opportunity to be compared amongst the big dogs. If it was an FBS loss, I bet Lehigh gets a home game. The fact that it's a loss where they can compare that to other teams, I believe .that's what pushed them down to where they are at.

joecooll6
Liberty?

I guess it worked for James Madison.

kdinva
I'm surprised Towson outbid Lehigh, though..

+1

WrenFGun
Liberty?

Those playoff bound studs who beat no one this season, too?

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2011, 09:49 AM

UNH got sent to Montana State. STFU.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Just to be clear, Lehigh's 10 wins this season:

Monmouth
Princeton
Liberty
Yale
Bucknell
Fordham
Colgate
Holy Cross
Georgetown
Lafayette

--

There best wins are over the 2nd place Big South team and the 2nd place Patriot League team. I don't know why anyone would think they deserve a seed...performance has nothing to do with a home game, however, and I am surprised they didn't outbid Towson.

lehighfball
November 20th, 2011, 09:50 AM
TOWSON IS BEATABLE. It's going to be a good game.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Towson is the best team in the CAA, easily.

Having seen both teams, I'm not sure how Lehigh has any answer for Terrance West. Lum will have a HUGE day, though, IMO.

Pard4Life
November 20th, 2011, 09:51 AM
A little disappointing for Lehigh seeing that regional Albany and Stony Brook made the field... but it's not that surprising. It's true Lehigh does not have a marquis win and in this vein, can be viewed as a 'mid-major' power. Like the NCAA Bball tourney, the mid-major power usually gets the shaft in a tough 6-11 or 7-10 game.

The only way I'm annoyed is that this is a Patriot League redux match-up from 8 years ago. Blah.

Twentysix
November 20th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Lehigh will be sentenced to death on december 10th. Bring your mittens its gonna be ****ing cold.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/sellthismothaout.gif

LehighFan11
How did Lehigh get out bid? Their stadium holds 11k!!!!! Lehigh is going to sell out their allotment instantly.

UNIFanSince1983
Is anyone else rooting for Lehigh to win, and for NDSU to win so we can see the Hawks in the Fargocenter? Trolls vs Trolls on here would be wonderful!

Twentysix
November 20th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Is anyone else rooting for Lehigh to win, and for NDSU to win so we can see the Hawks in the Fargocenter? Trolls vs Trolls on here would be wonderful!

Go sit in the corner with griff and give pantherhawk a backrub... trolls hah, uni, digital thugs.

Doc QB
November 20th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Yes, clearly I am an ignorant moron. Which playoff teams did you beat this year?

No one is a moron, and everyone will have gripes. No love for PL? Sure, it is EXPECTED. We havent made enough noise in playoffs consistently.

Who did JMU and EKU beat? Yeah, we beat no one of significance, and I hope a close loss to UNH is meaningful and that you guys are as talented as most believe. If not, we wil both lose, we both be disappointed. I like any CAA match up. Its who we need to play regionally, who we need to beat. If I was UNH I would prob be pissed I have to travel to MSU to lose, while Lehigh gets to stay nearby and will get some brown shirts in attendance (and maybe, outnumber the Black and Yellow ones).

LUHawker
November 20th, 2011, 09:58 AM

By your knit-witted logic, Lehigh only needed to defeat UNH to get a home playoff game, since you are implying that none of the other teams were of " significance". Yes, 1-10 would have looked better to the committee.xcrazyx

LehighGuy
November 20th, 2011, 09:59 AM

Monmouth
Princeton
Liberty
Yale
Bucknell
Fordham
Colgate
Holy Cross
Georgetown
Lafayette

--

There best wins are over the 2nd place Big South team and the 2nd place Patriot League team. I don't know why anyone would think they deserve a seed...performance has nothing to do with a home game, however, and I am surprised they didn't outbid Towson.

I love the condescending tone from a UNH program that BARELY beat Lehigh on probably the worst blown call of this entire FCS season. Anyone who doesn't think Lehigh is on the same level as ANY CAA TEAM this year is delusional.

dwtime
November 20th, 2011, 10:00 AM
No one is a moron, and everyone will have gripes. No love for PL? Sure, it is EXPECTED. We havent made enough noise in playoffs consistently.

Who did JMU and EKU beat? Yeah, we beat no one of significance, and I hope a close loss to UNH is meaningful and that you guys are as talented as most believe. If not, we wil both lose, we both be disappointed. I like any CAA match up. Its who we need to play regionally, who we need to beat. If I was UNH I would prob be pissed I have to travel to MSU to lose, while Lehigh gets to stay nearby and will get some brown shirts in attendance (and maybe, outnumber the Black and Yellow ones).

UNH has to travel to MSU to lose? You assume much my friend. Any Given Saturday.

LUHawker
November 20th, 2011, 10:01 AM
UNH got sent to Montana State. STFU.

You are still bitter from your team's loss to Lehigh last year. Still I am not comparing Lehigh to UNH in this thread. In fact I think UNH got a poor placement as well.

RichH2
November 20th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Tough matchup with CAA champ, but did not expect anyone else Ah, the joys of regionalization .Real surprise is LU did not outbid for game. Haven't seen Towson is a while but isn't there stadium small? Would have preferred an out of region matchup , as we seem to do better vs them. But Doc is correct the CAA is who we have to beat yr in and yr out so whether 1st round or later makes little difference. Tough for us to contain West but on the other hand Lum will have a field day with Towson 2ndary

LEHIGH61
Touche!. UNH-Lehigh - THAT CALL WAS THE WORST I'VE SEEN IN 71 YEARS. Call that game a TIE! Anybody who doesn't know how bad that call was is either uninformed or stupid!

LUHawker

Monmouth
Princeton
Liberty
Yale
Bucknell
Fordham
Colgate
Holy Cross
Georgetown
Lafayette

--

Who said anything about a seed? Not I.

LUHawker
November 20th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Lehigh will be sentenced to death on december 10th. Bring your mittens its gonna be ****ing cold.

Don't you guys play in a dome? Besides am not looking past Dec. 3.

kdinva
November 20th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Having seen both teams, I'm not sure how Lehigh has any answer for Terrance West. Lum will have a HUGE day, though, IMO.

now watch this game be something like 17-13.......

dwtime
November 20th, 2011, 10:06 AM
I love the condescending tone from a UNH program that BARELY beat Lehigh on probably the worst blown call of this entire FCS season. Anyone who doesn't think Lehigh is on the same level as ANY CAA TEAM this year is delusional.

Sorry the call was not blown, take off your brown glasses. And I think most UNH fans agree Lehigh should have had a home game. A seed? Nope.

UIWWildthing
November 20th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Lehigh, just one message: http://troll.me/images/the-rock/just-bring-it.jpg

xlolx

Seriously, looking forward to the 1st ever FCS playoff game at the U. Hope it's a great game, best of luck on the 3rd.

LUHawker
November 20th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Sorry the call was not blown, take off your brown glasses. And I think most UNH fans agree Lehigh should have had a home game. A seed? Nope.

None of us Lehigh fans expected a seed, so please don't imply such. A home game, definitely. As for that OT call from week 2, it's history, but I don't see how you can't see that as a terrible call as a college football fan. It was supremely incorrect. Did you see it yourself?

LUHawker
November 20th, 2011, 10:10 AM

xlolx

Seriously, looking forward to the 1st ever FCS playoff game at the U. Hope it's a great game, best of luck on the 3rd.

How far from Baltimore is Towson?

Mr. C
November 20th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Tough matchup with CAA champ, but did not expect anyone else Ah, the joys of regionalization .Real surprise is LU did not outbid for game. Haven't seen Towson is a while but isn't there stadium small? Would have preferred an out of region matchup , as we seem to do better vs them. But Doc is correct the CAA is who we have to beat yr in and yr out so whether 1st round or later makes little difference. Tough for us to contain West but on the other hand Lum will have a field day with Towson 2ndary

Johnny Unitas Stadium is a better facility than Lehigh's Goodman Stadium and similar in size. The support facilities at Towson are superior and Towson would be better able to handle the media demands of a second-round game. I knew in advance that Towson was putting in a strong bid to host.

UIWWildthing
November 20th, 2011, 10:12 AM
How far from Baltimore is Towson?
Not far at all, maybe 2-3 miles north of the City/county line

LehighGuy
November 20th, 2011, 10:12 AM

Really? Where were you sitting? Because I was sitting 10 yards directly in front of the play. The blown call was confirmed by every media outlet covering the game. People on this message board posted photos of Orlando catching the ball with his feet/knees 3 feet out of bounds. It's not a debate at this point. You're probably also one of those people who believe the Earth is only 2,000 years old.

Nonetheless, I didn't expect a seed. And I guess this is what regionalization does to a playoff bracket. Enjoy getting devoured by Montana State.

RichH2
November 20th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Look call was terrible but its history ,why keep bringing it up? Game still could have gone the same way. Changes nothing.

Now, we both got lousy 1st games. Lets win them. I would only like Sterret to explain how Towson got the bid. You cannot tell me they have deeper pockets then we do.

MTfan4life
November 20th, 2011, 10:13 AM
With the exception of their 147 game rivalry, does Lehigh even attend games well? They had a conference championship game against Georgetown on a beautiful November day and 6000 people showed up. Only 7500 came to watch them play New Hampshire. For a team like Towson on the other hand, they are never in the playoffs. Their fans will come from all over to finally see a home Towson playoff game. Towson had a much more consistent attendance this season. If they had a similar bid, I could see that being part of the reasoning for getting the home game.

Mr. C
November 20th, 2011, 10:17 AM

You obviously have not seen the photos, or the replay that clearly showed Orlando was not in bounds when he made the catch. You could also clearly see it was a blown call from watching it live in the press box.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2011, 10:19 AM
By your knit-witted logic, Lehigh only needed to defeat UNH to get a home playoff game, since you are implying that none of the other teams were of " significance". Yes, 1-10 would have looked better to the committee.xcrazyx

If UNH beat Lehigh, Lehigh would've been in the same predicament, because UNH probably doesn't make the field, but would still easily be the best team they played. If Lehigh goes 11-0 they're a seed. At 10-1, you beat no one..I'm not sure why that's hard to comprehend.

RichH2
With the exception of their 147 game rivalry, does Lehigh even attend games well? They had a conference championship game against Georgetown on a beautiful November day and 6000 people showed up. Only 7500 came to watch them play New Hampshire. For a team like Towson on the other hand, they are never in the playoffs. Their fans will come from all over to finally see a home Towson playoff game. Towson had a much more consistent attendance this season. If they had a similar bid, I could see that being part of the reasoning for getting the home game.
True enough , GU attendance off as LU had been w/o power earlier in the weekKids had makeup classes on Sat to replace the 3 days of no class. All things being equal ,Mr.C points to better facilities at Towson and potentially better crowd so guess they deserve bid but I still would have preferred LU to get it

WrenFGun
Who said anything about a seed? Not I.

Not sure what you're complaining about. If you're not seeded, then you can go to whoever has the highest bid between regional matchups. Clearly Towson outbid you..

dwtime
November 20th, 2011, 10:20 AM
None of us Lehigh fans expected a seed, so please don't imply such. A home game, definitely. As for that OT call from week 2, it's history, but I don't see how you can't see that as a terrible call as a college football fan. It was supremely incorrect. Did you see it yourself?

I watched the video that one Lehigh fan has shown pictures of on here multiple times. The picture evidence he showed time and time again is incorrect because it shows the receiver is in the air 'over' the out of bounds area catching the ball nothing touching the ground, when he lands he is 'down' in the endzone, touchdown end of story. It was the right call.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2011, 10:21 AM

I don't agree at all they should have had a home game. They got matched up regionally and had a lesser bid. There is no justification for a home game. If they wanted to have a home game, they should have bid more.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2011, 10:23 AM
You obviously have not seen the photos, or the replay that clearly showed Orlando was not in bounds when he made the catch. You could also clearly see it was a blown call from watching it live in the press box.

It was an AWFUL call. What's frustrating is that Lehigh fans have no interest in the equally awful pick call called at the end of the game that negated a GWFG chance, or the terrible drive they had AFTER the call. It was not a game-winning play.

That said, I'm not sure why UNH fans are still clinging to it being the right call.

Twentysix
November 20th, 2011, 10:25 AM

Their is alot more to football than just the game. xsmhx

Unless you will not partake in festivities and also own a teleporter.

Looks like your record cold is about -15F. Thats a purrty typical december day for us. Our same meter on wunderground goes down to -60F where as bethlehems goes to -15F lol.

Doc QB
November 20th, 2011, 10:28 AM
UNH has to travel to MSU to lose? You assume much my friend. Any Given Saturday.

I hope you knock their blocks off...I have the East Coast bias, and Tim Cramsey, your OC, is a family friend.

dwtime
November 20th, 2011, 10:28 AM

Sorry Mr. C up in the press box you can only see that the receiver catches the ball but is in the air still not on the ground. Your view was above the play, not ground level, when he 'caught it' he was 'over' the out of bounds area, when he lands he is in the end zone. I have a screen shot that shows that the call is correct I just don't know how to put it in a post because its a word document.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Sorry Mr. C up in the press box you can only see that the receiver catches the ball but is in the air still not on the ground. Your view was above the play, not ground level, when he 'caught it' he was 'over' the out of bounds area, when he lands he is in the end zone. I have a screen shot that shows that the call is correct I just don't know how to put it in a post because its a word document.

Please PM it to me. Orlando would literally have to have defied gravity to make that catch.

dwtime
November 20th, 2011, 10:30 AM
It was an AWFUL call. What's frustrating is that Lehigh fans have no interest in the equally awful pick call called at the end of the game that negated a GWFG chance, or the terrible drive they had AFTER the call. It was not a game-winning play.

That said, I'm not sure why UNH fans are still clinging to it being the right call.

I'm not clinging to anything, it WAS the right call.

Doc QB
November 20th, 2011, 10:30 AM

Thank you, H2...I live in Baltimore, and hope to have a tailgate which all LU are welcome, even if my wife, sadly, is a Towson (then STATE) grad...

Doc QB
November 20th, 2011, 10:31 AM

xlolx

The Rock is from Bethlehem, old HS friend, he'll be pulling for the Engineers.

Twentysix
November 20th, 2011, 10:32 AM
The Rock is from Bethlehem, old HS friend, he'll be pulling for the Engineers.

The rock is all about the U and free abortions.

JSUBison
November 20th, 2011, 10:32 AM

The roof is retractable. It will be open, and it will probably be 10 or 20 degrees BELOW zero. Typical wind speeds that time of year 20-40mph. Snow likely. The 1/8 inch turf will be frozen to the concrete below it. Should be a humdinger! :D

LehighFan11
November 20th, 2011, 10:35 AM
The roof is retractable. It will be open, and it will probably be 10 or 20 degrees BELOW zero. Typical wind speeds that time of year 20-40mph. Snow likely. The 1/8 inch turf will be frozen to the concrete below it. Should be a humdinger! :D

Why have a dome if it would be open for those conditions? Was it built only for the ice age?

kardplayer
November 20th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Nothing to complain about here. No surprise or "robbery" that Lehigh didn't get a top 5 seed (and the home game that goes with it). Figured they'd get Towson in the first round (2 1/2 hour drive). No shock that Maine and App State get each other either.

UNIFanSince1983
November 20th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Why have a dome if it would be open for those conditions? Was it built only for the ice age?

It doesn't open up. Your guys might blow out ankles and knees on the sweet old school turf though.

LehighGuy
November 20th, 2011, 10:37 AM

So you have dome to protect you from the elements, but you leave the roof open? Sounds logical...

Bogus Megapardus
November 20th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Johnny Unitas Stadium is a better facility than Lehigh's Goodman Stadium and similar in size. The support facilities at Towson are superior and Towson would be better able to handle the media demands of a second-round game. I knew in advance that Towson was putting in a strong bid to host.
Lehigh's Goodman Stadium was built to look good on a model board. It's not an exciting, fan-friendly place to be in person. On the other hand, it could be expanded to about 70,000 if warranted.

So you have dome to protect you from the elements, but you leave the roof open? Sounds logical...
Wow. Can't take a bit of a joke, can you?

LehighGuy
November 20th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Wow. Can't take a bit of a joke, can you?

Didn't catch it. I don't find myself in the middle of bumble North Dakota often enough I guess.

dwtime
November 20th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Really? Where were you sitting? Because I was sitting 10 yards directly in front of the play. The blown call was confirmed by every media outlet covering the game. People on this message board posted photos of Orlando catching the ball with his feet/knees 3 feet out of bounds. It's not a debate at this point. You're probably also one of those people who believe the Earth is only 2,000 years old.

Nonetheless, I didn't expect a seed. And I guess this is what regionalization does to a playoff bracket. Enjoy getting devoured by Montana State.

Nope sorry I'm not a Republican presidential candidate.

Here is the thing, and we really don't need to go on and on all of you that are jumping all over me here: What I think doesn't change the call. I was not at the game and watching the video of the play I was prepared to see a bad call. Looking at the play frame by frame I saw that Orlando landed in the end zone, that is the screen shot that I have not of a player landing 3 feet out of bounds. I'm not being delusional, its what I see.

hawkineer
November 20th, 2011, 10:58 AM
It has really become a catch 22 for the P.L. Make some noise in the playoffs and the hypocrites at the NCAA will reward you with either a seed or a home playoff game. However, you need to make some noise by constantly going on the road and playing one of the "power" conferences champions. It is amazing how often LU has had to play either the eventual national champion or runner-up on the road. It is also "curious" that the only time the PL champ received a seed, they made it to the NC game in '03.xchinscratchx

Wildcat80
November 20th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Okay Lehigh is in....quit your complaining and just win out if you are that good.

RichH2
November 20th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Until PL can improve its'OOC schedule, we will hear the same cr*p every year. Conspiracy theories aside, it is up to us to improve our national footprint, no one else.

Twentysix
November 20th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Cmon bump this thread, Ive got 25 minutes of trolling left before I buy round 2 tickets and pass out.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I need to know the specifics of the bids.

carney2
November 20th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Boo-hoo. The Squawks get a Bye and a winnable first game. But, no one is genuflecting to Badman. Poor babies.

Engineer86
November 20th, 2011, 11:57 AM

Lehigh has nothing to complain about. This was the matchup everyone expected and had Towson been seeded, it was expected be at Towson. BUT Lehigh can only blame Lehigh for not having home game, WTF! This game will be the test to see if Lehigh's defense has improved dramatically since UNH game, which I beleive. A win is possible, but Towson won the CAA so it wont be easy.

DFW HOYA
November 20th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Until PL can improve its'OOC schedule, we will hear the same cr*p every year. Conspiracy theories aside, it is up to us to improve our national footprint, no one else.

Easier said than done. The Missouri Valley and Big Sky teams aren't entertaining non-scholarship teams. The Ohio Valley and Southland teams want to be playing I-A body bag games in September, not teams named Holy Cross or Bucknell. MEAC and SWAC teams want HBCU classic games. I can count the number of CAA teams on one hand that will give Georgetown a return call...and have four or five fingers left over, much less sign a home and home. Put that into context with the PL coaches and athletic directors that will schedule three and four Ivy League teams and call that strength of schedule.

If the PL were to adopt that strategy and unless you're Lehigh, a lot of PL schools would be down to four or five game home schedules, Georgetown three. You don't build a program if you never play at home.

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2011, 12:17 PM
You are still bitter from your team's loss to Lehigh last year. Still I am not comparing Lehigh to UNH in this thread. In fact I think UNH got a poor placement as well.

Not bitter at all. It's the playoffs, you didn't bid high enough and you are going on the road. Only losers complain about their matchup. To be the best you have to beat the best. If Lehigh is as good as you all say, Towsons atmosphere is not going to effect things.

hawkineer
November 20th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Boo-hoo. The Squawks get a Bye and a winnable first game. But, no one is genuflecting to Badman. Poor babies.

Still a bit bitter aren't we.

I thought the Laughing-at-it QBs spent most of yesterday genuflecting to the LU defense. They were bending at the knees on almost every snap.

Enjoy the next 364 days whining about equivalencies and your President.xbawlingx

Cleets
November 20th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Emotions will run high this time of year...
I appreciate those - who have had "overly emotional" comments directed at them - staying cool

Kudos to you WrenFgun

OL FU
November 20th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Emotions will run high this time of year...
I appreciate those - who have had "overly emotional" comments directed at them - staying cool

Kudos to you WrenFgun

I don't know about everyone else but I am pissedxmadx

I still can't find Crapsville:o

LehighU11
November 20th, 2011, 12:58 PM
At least we got 4 first place votes in the TSN poll...

Squealofthepig
November 20th, 2011, 01:07 PM

+1. Pointing out that regionalization is something all teams deal with without mentioning UNH gets shipped to Bozeman.

LehighU11
November 20th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I'm more surprised that JMU isn't hosting a first round play-in game.

Cleets
November 20th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I don't know about everyone else but I am pissedxmadx

I still can't find Crapsville:o

For the Love of Pete why schedule Florida there..!!!
When you could have scheduled ANYBODY else and then - made the playoffs

OL FU
November 20th, 2011, 01:23 PM
For the Love of Pete why schedule Florida there..!!!
When you could have scheduled ANYBODY else and then - made the playoffs

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/images/mexico-drug-money2.jpg

We are just a poor rural college in the deep south.:(

van
November 20th, 2011, 02:09 PM

Come on Carney, 4 in a row make u cranky?

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2011, 02:16 PM
This. Lehigh must not put hosting a playoff game very high on their radar. I would've thought it would've been easy for them to outbid Towson looking at the attendance figures this year. Hopefully the winner of this game is coming to the Fargodome, should be a fun game.

ngineer
November 20th, 2011, 07:55 PM

You opening the roof?? First, don't take your eyes off JMU (I'm picking them over the Colonels). They have enough weapons to sting.