PDA

View Full Version : Bracket-Selection show

unigriff
November 20th, 2011, 09:09 AM
SHSU gets #1 seed will face winner of Albany-Stony Brook
Montana state hosts UNH

#5 UNI hosts Wofford (thats gonna be a great game!)
#4 is Montana

Bearkats94
November 20th, 2011, 09:10 AM
xnodx:)Now you will see our kats first hand.xnodx:):Dxbowxxsmileyclapx

unigriff
November 20th, 2011, 09:11 AM
#2 NDSU will get winner of EKU and JMU

unigriff
November 20th, 2011, 09:12 AM
#3 will likely be GSU then...

UNIFanSince1983
Not looking like Illinois State gets in. Also surprised that JMU has to travel to EKU.

Lehigh vs Towson should be a great game!

unigriff
Norfolk St @ ODU

unigriff
November 20th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Lehigh @ Towson (that'll be a battle too!)

eaglewraith
November 20th, 2011, 09:14 AM
**** the NCAA. We've got ODU and App potential matchups before facing NDSU if they make it.

That's a brutal playoff.

DoubleE
November 20th, 2011, 09:16 AM
ga southern vs old dominion/norfolk state winner.

App State vs Maine

unigriff
November 20th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Maine @ App state...if ASU win...could be a rematch against GSU

unigriff
November 20th, 2011, 09:17 AM
I see about 18 solid teams and the way the bracket is put up...its anyones to win.

eaglewraith
November 20th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Haha wow we might as well move to the CAA because it looks like we'll potentially have to win the conference to make it to the semis.

unigriff
November 20th, 2011, 09:18 AM
on the bright side...at least my Panthers aren't playing the play-in game this year! Hopefully we can win two and play SHSU here in TX so I can go to that and then Frsico! :)

GATA_Eagles
November 20th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Looking forward to a possible rematch with App at Paulson!

R3TRO
November 20th, 2011, 09:20 AM
I couldn't understand the last 5 minutes of the show when they started talking about the Maine vs. App St game... mostly because he had App St's **** in his mouth.

UNIFanSince1983
November 20th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Wasn't happy about playing Wofford. Obviously they are a great team, and running the Triple Option is never easy to prepare for. Luckily we get a week off to prepare for it. Then IF we get past them we go to our achilles heel in WaGriz. Tough draw, but looks like everyone got pretty tough draws.

4th and What?
November 20th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Haha wow we might as well move to the CAA because it looks like we'll potentially have to win the conference to make it to the semis.

?? Gotta figure App is the favorite over Maine, and if JMU gets past EKU, they have a VERY tough draw having to win at the Fargo Dome. ODU will be a tough game for you, but it may be the only CAA team you face if you guys make a run.

And anytime a conference gets 5 teams in a 20 team field, you are bound to run into a few of them.

R3TRO
The Montana St coach wasn't kidding... he said he didn't know much about UNH and then said we have a good defense. LOL

No_Skill
Hey UNI, let's meet in the middle.

Go get em!

TheBisonator
November 20th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Why the hell is JMU travelling to EKU??? Did JMU just not care to make a good bid???

Gil Dobie
November 20th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Might finally see GSU in the Fargodome this year, if both teams take care of business. :)

TheBisonator
November 20th, 2011, 09:27 AM
At least the ROAD TO FRISCO GOES THRU THE FARGODOME!!!!!!

(and Huntsville)

UNIFanSince1983
November 20th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Did they put EKU in instead of Illinois State because EKU killed EIU and ISU lost to them?

Heck ESPN doesn't even have Illinois State as one of their bubble teams, and are all over Delaware who didn't even have 7 D1 wins.

MTfan4life
The Montana St coach wasn't kidding... he said he didn't know much about UNH and then said we have a good defense. LOL

Quality Montana State knowledge there! I wonder if he ever saw the box score to the Towson game.

DoubleE
lol they are *****ing deleware didnt get in. also illinois state not a bubble team ?

JMUNJ08
November 20th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Not looking like Illinois State gets in. Also surprised that JMU has to travel to EKU.

Lehigh vs Towson should be a great game!

How are we traveling with our new stadium to bring in 27k? We would be know where near that number but better than EKU. Have to talk to the AD about that bid...

whitey
November 20th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Why the hell is JMU travelling to EKU??? Did JMU just not care to make a good bid???

We are extremely happy to be in on the JMU boards but we are also furious at our administration. At least we have the ESPNU game.

unigriff
November 20th, 2011, 09:30 AM
well for those of you who did not wake up in time to watch it the first time...its on again on ESPNU :)

JMUNJ08
November 20th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Did they put EKU in instead of Illinois State because EKU killed EIU and ISU lost to them?

Heck ESPN doesn't even have Illinois State as one of their bubble teams, and are all over Delaware who didn't even have 7 D1 wins.

Also within the driving distance for JMU

19Duke97
November 20th, 2011, 09:31 AM
What an odd bracket. The CAA gets 5 teams in, but not one bid. IMO that's disrespectful to Towson who was 6-1 against the AGS top 25. And yes our admins seriously dropped the ball. How a team that averages 25K/game gets outbid by a team that averages ~7500 is beyond me.

unigriff
November 20th, 2011, 09:32 AM
really worried for UNI...traditionally we are very good against the run but I feel we have been down in that department this year and struggling especially late this season on stopping 3rd and 4th downs. ugh.

TTUEagles
November 20th, 2011, 09:33 AM
EKU's stadium is nice, though...20,000 seats - perplexing is why they haven't drawn well lately...

DJnva
November 20th, 2011, 09:34 AM
No Georgia State?

Strommer10
November 20th, 2011, 09:35 AM

How is EKU in the field? I feel bad for Ill. St. I didn't see that one coming. You are up on the #4 team in the country and lose in 2OT, have 7 wins in a "major" conference, and don't get in. It's too bad for them.

Eaglesrus
November 20th, 2011, 09:35 AM
lol they are *****ing deleware didnt get in. also illinois state not a bubble team ?

Those "analysts" were terrible. "Lose or go home"?

ekufbfan
November 20th, 2011, 09:36 AM
http://www.maroon-nation.com/forum
JMU fans visit us at Maroon Nation.

Gil Dobie
How is EKU in the field? I feel bad for Ill. St. I didn't see that one coming. You are up on the #4 team in the country and lose in 2OT, have 7 wins in a "major" conference, and don't get in. It's too bad for them.

Looks like the UNI game was their playin game.

GSU EAGLES
No Georgia State?

I hear they declined. The only "bid" they will ever accept in their future is a BCS one.

whitey
November 20th, 2011, 09:37 AM
http://http://www.maroon-nation.com/forum/index.php

JMU fans visit us at Maroon Nation.

You site is down? Too much traffic probably. You can find us at: http://boards.caazone.com/forumdisplay.php?10-James-Madison-Dukes

UNIFanSince1983
November 20th, 2011, 09:38 AM

If they wanted in they shouldn't have have lose to EIU. The same EIU that EKU beat by 30 points. Not to mention one of EKU's losses was to Kansas State where Illinois State had 4 FCS losses. After looking at their resumes it really does make sense. Illinois State has no big wins, but has at least one horrendous loss.

Edit: Although I guess I just noticed EKU lost to Austin Peay which isn't much better than the EIU loss.

GaSouthern
November 20th, 2011, 09:39 AM
No Georgia State?

I think they are in the SEC Championship Game

MTfan4life
November 20th, 2011, 09:40 AM

4 FCS level losses. I wonder if that's just as much as an unsaid rule as the 7 wins. Does any other team in the field have more than 3 FCS level losses? I don't think so. I'm thinking that was a part of their criteria.

GaSouthern
November 20th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Might finally see GSU in the Fargodome this year, if both teams take care of business. :)

I sure hope so!

joecooll6
November 20th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Haha what happened? Classic ESPN, not even pretending not to half-*** it.

"I'm not sure we have enough content for an hour. We only bothered to call up one coach, and we've only got two questions prepared for the chairman of the committee. Even if we flub up a bunch of our words we're only looking at a half hour of content here. Should we try to get another interview, or maybe do some research on the teams or something?"

"Nah, just do a half hour show and run it twice. Nobody's watching anyway."

Seawolf97
November 20th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Nice to get home game against our old NEC Rivals !

GaSouthern
With Montana and EKU back in the playoffs, the only old school team we are missing is Youngstown.

kdinva
Bracket (http://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/files/football_fcs_2011.pdf)

A) Shocked JMU isn't hosting in their 25,000 seat venue.
B) I'll be shocked if 19,000 don't show up for NSU @ ODU (thanksgiving break notwithstanding for the students).

BlueHenSinfonian
November 20th, 2011, 09:49 AM
The bottom bracket is brutal. Whoever wins that wins the NC.

Strommer10
November 20th, 2011, 09:56 AM
4 FCS level losses. I wonder if that's just as much as an unsaid rule as the 7 wins. Does any other team in the field have more than 3 FCS level losses? I don't think so. I'm thinking that was a part of their criteria.

NDSU last year had 4 FCS loses...

URMite
November 20th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Nice to get home game against our old NEC Rivals !

Home game? xchinscratchx

Bearwitness
November 20th, 2011, 09:59 AM
I couldn't understand the last 5 minutes of the show when they started talking about the Maine vs. App St game... mostly because he had App St's **** in his mouth.
To add insult to injury, they said Maine had two very good defensive ends and then proceeded to name the two James Madison starters...xsmileyclapx xcrazyx

URMite
November 20th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Bracket (http://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/files/football_fcs_2011.pdf)

A) Shocked JMU isn't hosting in their 25,000 seat venue.
B) I'll be shocked if 19,000 don't show up for NSU @ ODU (thanksgiving break notwithstanding for the students).

I'm going with 15,000-16,000 It's tough for Montana to get 19,000 on Thanksgiving.

whitey
November 20th, 2011, 10:00 AM
To add insult to injury, they said Maine had two very good defensive ends and then proceeded to name the two James Madison starters...xsmileyclapx xcrazyx

Those guys knew just about nothing about FCS football. It was so bad it was funny. Kind of like a Nic Cage movie.

URMite
November 20th, 2011, 10:01 AM

Did you have an FBS win last year?

Ginsbach
November 20th, 2011, 10:03 AM

NDSU beat Kansas of the Big 12 last year.

MTfan4life

That's true. That was the only thing I could think of. Maybe they just got forgotten. Last season's last at-large picks were slim pickens though. The only 7 win schools not in were from the Big South/NEC/MEAC/Pioneer. It's evident that the committee thinks highly of the OVC. I guess they don't factor playoff wins into the success of that conference.

DOME

ESPN is the reason the general public doesn't know about and doesn't follow FCS and the playoffs. I mean ESPNU at 9:00 am on a Sunday?!?! C'mon at least give us 10:00 am on the deuce!!

BisonFan02
November 20th, 2011, 10:04 AM

This. Yeah, we had 4 FCS losses, but the Kansas win got us in as the "last one in" at large.

asumike83
November 20th, 2011, 10:10 AM
A tough draw for ASU. If we do manage to get past Maine, we are likely set to travel to Statesboro for a re-match with GSU.

The show was terrible too. "App-a-lay-shun State", "Town-son"? Really mailed it in on this one.

URMite
November 20th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Delaware did have wins over 2 9-2 teams so worth mentioning even with 6 wins, but not to mention Illinois State? And to obsess over Delaware?

And the JMU location, gives us more hope of hosting a 1st round game. I am beginning to think nobody bids more than the value of 5000 seats, therefore the admin just needs to know how high most winning bids are. Look at what the ODU guy said last week on the $ of their bids...

T-Dog
November 20th, 2011, 10:12 AM
The show was terrible too. "App-a-lay-shun State", "Town-son"? Really mailed it in on this one.

My favorite was "Lose or go home!"

DJnva
November 20th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Well, it was 10 am here :)

DJnva
November 20th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Look at what the ODU guy said last week on the $ of their bids...

Article today said ODU bid about double the minimum.

katstrapper
November 20th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Looking forward to a deep playoff run in Huntsville... Not to worry, Bowers Stadium will be full. With now a #1 National Ranking and #1 seed, alums from the Houston area will be grabbing for tickets.

Doc QB
November 20th, 2011, 10:17 AM
A tough draw for ASU. If we do manage to get past Maine, we are likely set to travel to Statesboro for a re-match with GSU.

Yes, my five year old has seen more FCS games this year alone than those doosh bags and can pronounce the teams correctly. The show was awful with no time or effort put into it. With so much easy digital/4G/4S/skype whatever technology, you could have had highlights from all the seeds or all teams top players. What am ESPN lame *** joke of a show.

The banter here is far more informative and entertaining for sure.

theasushow
November 20th, 2011, 10:18 AM
damn i'm excited.

URMite
November 20th, 2011, 10:18 AM

I thought so, but wasn't sure so maybe

6-3 + FBS loss is out ('10 UM, '11 UD)
7-4 all FCS is out ('11 ISU)
7-3 + FBS loss is in ('11 EKU)
7-4 including FBS win is in ('10 NDSU)

Best rule of thumb, but each year is different.

LehighGuy
November 20th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Delaware did have wins over 2 9-2 teams so worth mentioning even with 6 wins, but not to mention Illinois State? And to obsess over Delaware?

It's really fun when Delaware beats West Chester 84-0 and all, but this is when it comes back to haunt you.

unigriff
First Round Projections

Stony Brook vs. Albany
Winner: Albany

TN Tech vs. Central Arkansas
Winner: UCA

Old Dominion vs. Norfolk St.
Winner: Norfolk St.

Eastern Kentucky vs. James Madison
Winner: JMU

-----------------------------------------------

2nd Round

SHSU vs. Albany
Winner: SHSU

Montana St vs. New Hampshire
Winner: MSU

Northern Iowa vs. Wofford
Winner: 50/50

Montana vs. UCA
Winner: Montana

Ga. Southern vs. Norfolk St.
Winner: GSU

Appalachian St. vs. Maine
Winner: ASU

Towson vs. Lehigh
Winner: Lehigh

NDSU vs. JMU
Winner: NDSU

theasushow
i noticed 2 quarterfinal match ups are slated for tv on a friday night...is that a first?

URMite
November 20th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Article today said ODU bid about double the minimum.

Minimum $30,000?

Double $60,000 = NCAA revenue from 3,200 seats?

theasushow
November 20th, 2011, 10:25 AM

YOU? ASU has maine, potentially Towson, potentially ODU and potentially JMU...just to get to Frisco. 4 possible CAA teams.

LehighGuy
November 20th, 2011, 10:25 AM
i noticed 2 quarterfinal match ups are slated for tv on a friday night...is that a first?

Where are you seeing that?

Hammerhead
November 20th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I like how they claimed Montana State has big home field advantage just because it is cold there this weekend. Last year they got pounded by NDSU in a cold weather game and this year they got pounded by Montana in another cold weather game.

Gil Dobie
November 20th, 2011, 10:28 AM
NDSU could possibly play 4 CAA teams, JMU, Towson, Maine and UNH ;)

Dane96
November 20th, 2011, 10:29 AM
First Round Projections

Stony Brook vs. Albany
Winner: Albany

TN Tech vs. Central Arkansas
Winner: UCA

Old Dominion vs. Norfolk St.
Winner: Norfolk St.

Eastern Kentucky vs. James Madison
Winner: JMU

-----------------------------------------------

2nd Round

SHSU vs. Albany
Winner: SHSU

Montana St vs. New Hampshire
Winner: MSU

Northern Iowa vs. Wofford
Winner: 50/50

Montana vs. UCA
Winner: Montana

Ga. Southern vs. Norfolk St.
Winner: GSU

Appalachian St. vs. Maine
Winner: ASU

Towson vs. Lehigh
Winner: Lehigh

NDSU vs. JMU
Winner: NDSU

While I would love an Albany win (and think it is doable), ODU THROTTLES Norfolk State.

I'd be shocked with anything otherwise. The Norfolk State team I watched on TV is IMHO, the #20 team in this playoff.

That said, local game...could bring out the best in Norfolk State.

Sam Houston is my pick to win this thing.

theasushow
November 20th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Where are you seeing that?

its on the NCAA site..they have all the TV schedules.

theasushow
November 20th, 2011, 10:30 AM
NDSU could possibly play 4 CAA teams, JMU, Towson, Maine and UNH ;)

yep! that bottom half is like a mini CAA tourney. 40% of the teams from the caa.

unigriff
November 20th, 2011, 10:31 AM
While I would love an Albany win (and think it is doable), ODU THROTTLES Norfolk State.

I'd be shocked with anything otherwise. The Norfolk State team I watched on TV is IMHO, the #20 team in this playoff.

Hey someone has to get the big upset:) NSU is mine :)
I figure if i can win $1500 betting on Iowa State to beat Okie State...im aight.

Dane96
November 20th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Yeah, NDSU could find out what its like to play in a top conference

;)

Mr. C
November 20th, 2011, 10:33 AM

One of the most unwatchable games in college football history, but a great win for the Bison anyway.

Twentysix
November 20th, 2011, 10:34 AM
It's really fun when Delaware beats West Chester 84-0 and all, but this is when it comes back to haunt you.

Im pretty sure deleware beat west chester by something like one touchdown.

Twentysix
November 20th, 2011, 10:34 AM
One of the most unwatchable games in college football history, but a great win for the Bison anyway.

I thought it was a blast. :D

Strommer10
November 20th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Yeah, NDSU could find out what its like to play in a top conference

;)

We finally get our chance to prove ourselves. xthumbsupx

theasushow
November 20th, 2011, 10:39 AM

3 and out, punt, 3 and out, punt, 3 and out, punt...repeat for 60 minutes.

LehighGuy
November 20th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Im pretty sure deleware beat west chester by something like one touchdown.

They play WC every year. One year the score was 84-0 and Tubby Raymond went for 2 on the last TD (yes, he's that much of an ***hole).

JSUBison
November 20th, 2011, 10:40 AM

Coach Bohl loves those 6-3, 10-7 type games. He calls them "a thing of beauty".

Twentysix
November 20th, 2011, 10:41 AM

Throw in forced fumbles and interceptions and you got yourself a game!

FargoBison
November 20th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Throw in forced fumbles and interceptions and you got yourself a game!

A whale of a game!

dgtw
November 20th, 2011, 10:49 AM
A 6-3 win beats the heck out of a 54-53 4OT loss.

Hammerhead
November 20th, 2011, 10:52 AM
They couldn't even show any highlights of NDSU from the current season? All they showed was the playoff game last year at Montana State.
The "lose or go home" statement was the highlight of the show.

UNHFootballAlum
November 20th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Towson not getting a seed. You have 5 CAA teams in the field, Towson beat 3 playoff teams, beat 2 top ten teams. How is this not a recipe for a top 5 seed

WileECoyote06
November 20th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Towson not getting a seed. You have 5 CAA teams in the field, Towson beat 3 playoff teams, beat 2 top ten teams. How is this not a recipe for a top 5 seed

I said this in the other thread. It's weird logic. Montana had a win over a #1 team, and I guess that was the difference. . (but UNI didn't). . . *shrug*

Twentysix
November 20th, 2011, 11:18 AM

Let me sum it up for you.

Montana =
http://4photos.net/photosv2/pictures_of_money_bags_1283087576.jpg

Towson =
http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/440539/440539,1265432249,14/stock-vector-piggy-bank-and-money-46036978.jpg

DJnva
November 20th, 2011, 11:21 AM

Yeah, when you win the league that sends 5 teams, you should likely get a seed.

whitey
November 20th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I'm not going to complain about Towson not getting a seed. Pretty sure the CAA has had multiple teams seeded in the past few years at the expense of other power conferences. CAA still showed it's depth by getting 5 teams in.

URMite
November 20th, 2011, 12:51 PM

I agree a big ODU win is likely, but...if NSU plays like the team I saw on TV (1st half vs WVU) then I take it back.

UIWWildthing
November 20th, 2011, 12:58 PM

That's fine with me, let's just keep shocking FCS on the road then

nmatsen
November 20th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Coach Bohl loves those 6-3, 10-7 type games. He calls them "a thing of beauty".

Your head coach thinks its a "thing of beauty" to only score 6 points? Wow, that must be part of the "new Bison Era" :)

tractorapp
November 20th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I will be there, gnat repellent in hand.

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I will be there, gnat repellent in hand.

Is that what you or Mrs. Tractorapp named it?

SpeedkingATL
November 20th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Great to see Maine coming back to The Rock. Hope App has a better game against them than the last time. I'm a little pissed that the committee decided that (if they win) App and GSU rematch should be in the quarters....could have split those teams up. If both do win in the 2nd round at least it's a doable trip to Statesboro. Surprised they could find 2 App highlights in the VaTech game to show...that took some film study!

seantaylor
November 20th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Sammy Baker fked GSU right in the *** again. That Tusculum game cost us at least 1 seed, probably 2.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Your head coach thinks its a "thing of beauty" to only score 6 points? Wow, that must be part of the "new Bison Era" :)

It would appear that they are quite capable of scoring more points when it is necessary. Take the 27 points they scored on October 29th for example.