PDA

View Full Version : TSN Final Regular Season Poll - SHSU Ranked No. 1

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Poll not posted yet...

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Unbeaten Sam Houston State hopes to follow a similar path of last year's FCS national champion, Eastern Washington.

Sam Houston State heads into the playoffs with its first-ever No. 1 ranking in The Sports Network/Fathead.com FCS Top 25. The Southland Conference champion improved to 11-0 on Saturday, then collected 125 of the 140 first-place votes and 3,473 points from the poll's national panel of sports information and media relations directors, broadcasters, writers and other dignitaries on Sunday.

A year ago, Eastern Washington claimed its first No. 1 ranking at the end of the regular season, then went on to capture its first FCS national title in the 20-team playoffs.

Sam Houston State is the FCS' only unbeaten team. Behind second-year head coach Willie Fritz, the Bearkats rank first in the nation in scoring defense (12.6 ppg) and second in scoring offense (39.5 ppg).

"I think we deserve it," Fritz said about the No. 1 ranking. "We won our conference very convincingly."

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4451894

FanofFCS
November 20th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Lots of FCS coverage on The Sports Network. Even a live on-line chat today.

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Lots of FCS coverage on The Sports Network. Even a live on-line chat today.

Link to the chat?

PaladinFan
November 20th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Really? Furman dropped out of the polls after barely losing to Florida?

Shouldn't suprise me, really. Took beating Wofford and App State to even make an appearance the first time.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Georgia Southern loses to Alabama and gets jumped by UNI? xconfusedx

unigriff
November 20th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Georgia Southern loses to Alabama and gets jumped by UNI? xconfusedx

Yes. I told the board yesterday that take out the bias homerist tendencies and go with factual information for the week. A loss is a loss and especially at the end of the season, no matter who it is...will make you drop in the polls. Due to it wasn't an FCS team, GSU would only drop 1-3 spots in any poll probably...seeding wise, the FBS loss shouldn't hurt them too much, but will probably make them drop 1-2 spots as well or stay the same. (I still have them at the 3-4 range, switching with NDSU.

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Poll is still not posted...???

apaladin
November 20th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Really? Furman dropped out of the polls after barely losing to Florida?

Shouldn't suprise me, really. Took beating Wofford and App State to even make an appearance the first time.

Well Furman did only have 446 yds of offense, The second most UF has given up all year. LSU had 453.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Yes. I told the board yesterday that take out the bias homerist tendencies and go with factual information for the week. A loss is a loss and especially at the end of the season, no matter who it is...will make you drop in the polls. Due to it wasn't an FCS team, GSU would only drop 1-3 spots in any poll probably...seeding wise, the FBS loss shouldn't hurt them too much, but will probably make them drop 1-2 spots as well or stay the same. (I still have them at the 3-4 range, switching with NDSU.

So UNI is unaffected by losing to Iowa State, but GSU should fall for losing to the #2 team in college football while putting more points and total yards on them than any team has so far this year? xchinscratchx

Mr. C
November 20th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Terrible poll as it has been ALL season.

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2011, 09:00 AM

What irks you this week, Mr. C?

Cleets
November 20th, 2011, 12:40 PM

Mr. C I am very curious - please share your thoughts
I'm being sincere here (I know that's hard to believe)
But if you would start a thread - where you post the final poll and - explain where you see it should be different

Frankly there are only a handful of guys ( actually less than a handful) who I would actually ask to do this out of my own curiosity

I know you're a busy guy but :D Please

Chi Panther
November 20th, 2011, 12:49 PM
So UNI is unaffected by losing to Iowa State, but GSU should fall for losing to the #2 team in college football while putting more points and total yards on them than any team has so far this year? xchinscratchx

Its all about the timing of the loss. I was trying to explain that to Todd yesterday....

darell1976
November 20th, 2011, 12:59 PM
#23!! Gotta love it since we were at 3-8 at this time last year.

Drblankstare
November 20th, 2011, 01:29 PM
#23!! Gotta love it since we were at 3-8 at this time last year.

I think all 4 of the Dakota teams have reasons to feel proud this season. Congrats to them all.

LehighU11
November 20th, 2011, 01:30 PM
4 first place votes for Lehigh. That's somewhat unexpected, though not unwarranted.