PDA

View Full Version : FCS Playoffs Selection Show - 10 am EST on ESPNU/ESPN3.com

Mattymc727
November 20th, 2011, 01:03 AM
When and where online can I watch the selection show?

MTfan4life
November 20th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Go to the FCS section of NCAA.com...I think they will be broadcasting it online...at least that's what i'm banking on...it's at 10:00 a.m. Eastern

Mattymc727
November 20th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Go to the FCS section of NCAA.com...I think they will be broadcasting it online...at least that's what i'm banking on...it's at 10:00 a.m. Eastern

Thanks buddy

Cleets
November 20th, 2011, 01:35 AM
Yup... I would check there

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/football/fcs

seantaylor
November 20th, 2011, 01:47 AM
Not showing up on DirectTV at 10

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2011, 02:18 AM
I dont think the NCAA site has streamed it in.the past. Best bet is to watch the board.

texcap
November 20th, 2011, 03:19 AM
It's on ESPNU at 10:00 AM EST.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2011, 07:52 AM
crying time for Hens fans as we will be forced to watch a JMU team without a good win on there resume be the last team in..xbawlingxxbawlingx

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2011, 07:53 AM
and Delaware the last team out at #21xsmhx

danefan
November 20th, 2011, 07:56 AM
ESPN3 will have it.

Umpire
November 20th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Going to go ahead and make this the discussion thread for the selection show and added info to the title.

dgreco
November 20th, 2011, 08:36 AM
I don't see the link on ESPN3 is it not up yet?

edit: found it. Someone posted a while ago a way to get a verizon or some other provider email so that you could watch it online; does anyone remember how to do that? I have RCN and don't have access to ESPNU.

Mattymc727
November 20th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I dont see the link for it, anyone want to link me up?

Trek222
November 20th, 2011, 09:00 AM
http://nowwatchtvlive.com/2011/09/watch-espnu-live-online-free-espnu-usa-channel-espnu-college-sports/

T-Dog
November 20th, 2011, 09:02 AM
UNH @ Montana State. Ouch.

T-Dog
November 20th, 2011, 09:03 AM
#1 Sam Houston vs Stony Brook/Albany winner
New Hampshire @ Montana State

Tennessee Tech @ Central Arkansas

Mattymc727
November 20th, 2011, 09:04 AM
UNH @ Montana State. Ouch.

I like it

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Completely fine with this matchup. Happy to avoid first round bye, no shot at home game...happy to avoid UNI again.

TTUEagles
November 20th, 2011, 09:05 AM
I think it's AT TTU....

T-Dog
November 20th, 2011, 09:06 AM
#1 Sam Houston vs Albany @ Stony Brook winner winner

Wofford @ #5 UNI
#4 Montana vs Central Arkansas @ Tennessee Tech winner

T-Dog
November 20th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I think it's AT TTU....

You are correct.

Engineer86
November 20th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Congrats Bearkats! Mmmm crow for lunch! Anyone want to join me. Looks like no seed for Towson as well

UNH Fanboi
Well I assume GSU and NDSU are 2 and 3. No seed for Towson.

T-Dog
Crap, this means ASU and GSU are on the same side of the bracket.

kardplayer
November 20th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Thanks to regionalization, Montana State drops from #1 to effectively #8. If they beat UNH that's #1 vs. former #1 in the round of 8 - that's a heck of a matchup.

Fear the Bird
November 20th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Well I assume GSU and NDSU are 2 and 3. No seed for Towson.

What a joke

Engineer86
November 20th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Crap, this means ASU and GSU are on the same side of the bracket.

I would have thought ASU would have been good in the MSU game slot to then match up with SHSU (geography sorta)

IaaScribe
November 20th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Whoa. Eastern Kentucky?

JaxStateMan
EKU Gets in as a second team from the OVC

IaaScribe
I think Illinois State is screwed now.

TTUEagles
GO EKU!! OVC getting some love!

Cocky
Whoa. Eastern Kentucky?

No surprise to me

UNH Fanboi
November 20th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Whoa. Eastern Kentucky?

And hosting JMU? Is that a typo or did the AD at JMU **** up?

WrenFGun
Really no compelling argument for EKU to be in over Illinois State. I feel for the MVFC. 2 teams? Wow.

Fear the Bird
EKU is a flippin joke

T-Dog
#1 Sam Houston vs Albany @ Stony Brook winner winner

Wofford @ #5 UNI
#4 Montana vs Central Arkansas @ Tennessee Tech winner

#3 Georgia Southern vs Norfolk State @ Old Dominion winner
Maine @ Appalachian State

Lehigh @ Towson
#2 North Dakota State vs James Madison @ Eastern Kentucky winner

Cocky
I think Illinois State is screwed now.

EKU has a better resume than Ill St

Fear the Bird
They lost to Austin Peay!

IaaScribe
November 20th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Well, we know who got woofed.

danefan
November 20th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I'm really surprised that JMU got outbid.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I cannot believe JMU is not hosting round 1. Wow. Must've been a massive bid by EKU?

Cocky
November 20th, 2011, 09:15 AM
They lost to Austin Peay!

Ill St lost to EIU

TTUEagles
November 20th, 2011, 09:17 AM
I know, I know, I'm saying ALMOST but, EKU ALMOST beat Kansas State - actually SHOULD have...

Mattymc727
November 20th, 2011, 09:18 AM
The second round has some awesome games

Gil Dobie
November 20th, 2011, 09:18 AM

EKU blewout the EIU team that beat Ill St

JMU Duke Dog
November 20th, 2011, 09:19 AM
I cannot believe JMU is not hosting round 1. Wow. Must've been a massive bid by EKU?

JMU is very happy to be in the playoffs but after learning of our matchup there are a lot of angry people associated with JMU that want an explanation from our AD especially after upgrading our stadium to seat 25,000. JMU also averaged about 25,000 in attendance this past season compared to EKU which averaged over 7,000.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2011, 09:19 AM
I think the MVFC seeing Indiana State and Youngstown blow it yesterday kept Illinois State out. With that said, does EKU have as good a win as Indiana State? I doubt it. Really surprised they got in. I just don't believe a conference should get two teams in if both teams are playing a play-in game.

I am REALLY pleased that ODU is in the first round, and not Maine or UNH, given the schedules the three teams played.

T-Dog
November 20th, 2011, 09:20 AM
We owe Maine an *** kicking for 2002.

WileECoyote06
November 20th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Even though I think they could have mixed it up a bit, overall they've got some great matchups and congratulations to the OVC and EKU for getting an at-large bid. And to SHSU for earning the #1 seed.

whitey
November 20th, 2011, 09:35 AM
And hosting JMU? Is that a typo or did the AD at JMU **** up?

Scratching my head on this one.

inpsite1919
November 20th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Congrats to all teams selected... Let's go Norfolk represent the MEAC.. We need a great not good but a great showing. Let's go Wofford. Represent for the State of SC !!!!!

Redbird Ray
November 20th, 2011, 10:04 AM

How? The EIU game the first week of the season? ISU went 5-1 down the stretch in what was far and away, the highest rated conference in all of FCS all season long, and took a seeded team to double OT yesterday. But because EKU caught Kansas State napping in week 1 (just like EIU caught ISU), and because EKU beat EIU they get in? BS.

I agree with what another poster said, if your conference has to get two teams in the play-in round, then your conference really isn't that good in the first place.

How does ISU not even get a mention on the selection show either? That one east coast dude thought the whole freaking CAA should have been in the tourney, and of course Jay Walker tries to defend some crappy MEAC school. BS.

I'll admit that ISU didn't have the sexiest resume, but we totally should have gotten in over EKU and JMU. I guess if we would have replaced our EIU loss with a 50 pt beatdown to some MAC or ACC school, that would have been much more palatable to the committee. Apparently finishing 3rd in the highest rated conference in FCS meant nothing to the committee.

Doc QB
November 20th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Apparently finishing 3rd in the highest rated conference in FCS meant nothing to the committee.

Or maybe, just maybe, you are not actually the highest rated FCS conference...

Redbird Ray
November 20th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Or maybe, just maybe, you are not actually the highest rated FCS conference...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc11.htm?loc=interstitialskip

Or maybe...just maybe...we are.

whitey
November 20th, 2011, 10:12 AM
I think you guys got jobbed and should have been in over Eastern Kentucky but JMU had a stronger resume (barely).

- JMU played a 1A (a loss @ UNC) and you did not.
- ISU-r played a non-scholly Pioneer Football League team. JMU did not. All 3 of JMU's FCS losses were to playoffs teams (UNH, ODU and Maine).
- ISU-r had one bad loss (Eastern Illinois). JMU had zero bad losses.

- ISU-r probably had the better win (Indiana State) over JMU's Liberty/UMass/W&M's wins.

WileECoyote06
November 20th, 2011, 10:23 AM
It's amazing that the CAA put five teams in the playoffs, yet still didn't get a top five seed for their champion. . . .

Redbird Ray
So if we would have been shalacked by some mediocre ACC team in week 1 instead of losing to EIU, then our resume would have been drastically more appealing? That seems to be the committee's take.

I think ISU's losses are to better teams also. Youngstown would have gotten in had they not choked yesterday, and UNI and NDSU are favorties to win the whole damn thing.

Doc QB
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc11.htm?loc=interstitialskip

Or maybe...just maybe...we are.

Then either the Sag is crap, the committee think its crap, or the committe thinks your resume was. While it would appear strong arguments can be made over EKU's inclusion, or JMU's, even Delaware's, fact is YOU did not do on the field what was necessary to make it a no brainer, and have only the program to blame.

And while I am sure a smattering of "cupcake schedule" crap retort is coming, let me stop you right here. I agree...LU plays a softer schedule, but to reinforce my only real point above, we did what we had to do to earn a bid and a chance to compete.

whitey
November 20th, 2011, 10:33 AM
So if we would have been shalacked by some mediocre ACC team in week 1 instead of losing to EIU, then our resume would have been drastically more appealing? That seems to be the committee's take.

Like I said. JMU barely got in. But basically yes, your resume would not have been DRASTICALLY more appealing but might have been appealing enough to beat out JMU. But really it's the EIU loss that kept you out. That's a bad loss. Doesn't matter if it's week 1 or not. JMU had zero bad losses.

I think ISU's losses are to better teams also. Youngstown would have gotten in had they not choked yesterday, and UNI and NDSU are favorties to win the whole damn thing.

UNI and NDSU easily trump ODU and UNH but Maine is a better loss than YSU. Maine was a lock before they played New Hampshire yesterday. YSU had to win to get in, at home against a MVC bottom feeder and choked. If I were you I would be directing your frustration towards EKU and not JMU. EKU took your spot, not James Madison.

veinup
November 20th, 2011, 11:08 AM
nm i figured it out. heh..

EKUSteve
November 20th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I'm shocked we got in, even more shocked we are hosting. Glad to see the school pony up the money for a home game. I'm going to have to make the round trip from Indy for game.

whitey
November 20th, 2011, 05:53 PM
JMU may have 25,000 seats but does a 7-4 team that barely got in really deserve to host ?

If they bid more than the team they are playing they do. This is the way the FCS playoffs work. Congratulations should be given to EKU's AD for putting in a strong bid, guaranteeing them a home game and giving their team the best chance for victory. If it wasn't Thanksgiving weekend I'd be making the trip. At least we have the ESPNU game which will make for some good viewing parties in Northern Virginia.