PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Tech gets it done!!!! Here comes the signature change!

TTUEagles
November 19th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Despite 3 1st half turnovers, TTU walks away in the 3rd Qtr and wins it's share of the OVC title by beating APSU 49-7!:D
I am beyond elated! It was a great scene on the field after the game...
I will honestly say I never thought this day would come.

Let's party!!!1xthumbsupxxlolxxrotatehx:D

UIWWildthing
November 19th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Despite 3 1st half turnovers, TTU walks away in the 3rd Qtr and wins it's share of the OVC title by beating APSU 49-7!:D

Congrats!!! Enjoy it!

TTUEagles
November 19th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks! Congrats to your team as well! Feels great doesn't it? I've had one lousy 2011 and this makes it less so....GO TECH!

Redhawk2010
November 19th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Congrats! It's always fun when you're in the hunt and when you actually win the conference! Now go out and do work in the playoffs...

bonarae
November 19th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Congratulations! Enjoy the moment while it lasts...

TTUEagles
November 19th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Congratulations! Enjoy the moment while it lasts...

Thanks! Congrats on Harvard's season!
This will last a long time for me! When you haven't won the league since 1975 (even though I've only followed TTU since 1992), it's pretty damned sweet to see those kids go berserk and hoist the championship trophy today...They earned it and deserve it. I'll never forget it.

kperk014
November 20th, 2011, 03:34 PM
xnodx xthumbsupx

EKUSteve
November 20th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Congrats to TTU on a great season, Co OVC champs, and the auto bid for the OVC. Now lets both do something and win.

It has been since 94 since EKU has had a home playoff game (beat Boston U) and the last playoff game I attended was "The War" between EKU and Youngstown St the next week at the Igloo.

JoshUCA
November 20th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I can't wait for the game between UCA and TTU! It should be a great game between two 1st timers!

dgtw
November 20th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks! Congrats on Harvard's season!
This will last a long time for me! When you haven't won the league since 1975 (even though I've only followed TTU since 1992), it's pretty damned sweet to see those kids go berserk and hoist the championship trophy today...They earned it and deserve it. I'll never forget it.

Congrats on the conference title and the autobid for beating your fellow tri-champs. Good luck and bring home an OVC playoff win!!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Big congrats to you and your team. Well done TTU.

BEAR
November 20th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Can't wait to find out:

Where Tennessee Tech is.
What their mascot is.
Who they've played.
How long it is to drive from Conway to ?.
What type of defense and offense they run.

Don't know a single thing about TTU. As I guess TTU fans are of UCA. xlolx

Redhawk2010
November 20th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Can't wait to find out:

Where Tennessee Tech is. Cookeville, TN
What their mascot is. Golden Eagles
Who they've played. The OVC consists of Murray State, Eastern Illinois, Tennessee State, Southeast Missouri, Eastern Kentucky, Jacksonville State, Austin Peay, and UT-Martin.
How long it is to drive from Conway to ?.
What type of defense and offense they run.

Don't know a single thing about TTU. As I guess TTU fans are of UCA. xlolx

That's the extent that I know ;)

AppRolls
November 20th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Congrats on the title....it's somewhat bittersweet though, because I got such a kick out of your old signature......

chattanoogamocs
November 20th, 2011, 09:46 PM
I am the first generation of my family...not...to go to Tech (Go Mocs!)

But I couldn't be happier for the Eagles. I hate that my long-suffering, Eagle loving, grandfather passed away in the last year and missed this day.

nevadagriz
November 20th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Congrats to TTU and good luck in your playoff game. Only the first playoff game though!

Redhawk2010
November 20th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Any idea on the team who has gone the longest without a conference championship? Is there anybody in the OVC who has never won one? This year TTU broke their streak and last year SEMO broke its drought...

seantaylor
November 21st, 2011, 12:54 AM
Adam Urbano is a true guinea.

Squealofthepig
November 21st, 2011, 03:50 AM
Any idea on the team who has gone the longest without a conference championship? Is there anybody in the OVC who has never won one? This year TTU broke their streak and last year SEMO broke its drought...

That's a good question - should probably post it as a separate thread, as you'd likely get more targeted responses that way. As a former Chicagoan, I would use the subject of, "Who are the Chicago Cubs of the FCS in conference play?"

In FBS, Iowa State has not won a conference championship since 1912.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2011, 05:01 AM
Congrats!

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 21st, 2011, 05:10 AM
That's a good question - should probably post it as a separate thread, as you'd likely get more targeted responses that way. As a former Chicagoan, I would use the subject of, "Who are the Chicago Cubs of the FCS in conference play?"

The SoCon's equivalent of the Chicago Cubs would be Western Carolina since they have never won the conference since joining (1976). Elon (2003) and Samford (2008) has not won one either. East Tennessee State never won a SoCon football title while they were in the league. The Citadel's last title was in 1992 and Chattanooga's was in 1984.

TTUEagles
November 21st, 2011, 07:43 AM
Thanks to all the congratulators (even though I had nothing to do with it) and well-wishers!

For UCA fans: TTU is in Cookeville (est. pop of 30,000) right at 1 hour east of Nashville. I think that would be right at 400 + miles from Conway. 286 miles on I-40 from Memphis.
TTU is/are (?) the Golden Eagles, wearing purple and gold...
Run a 3-4 Defense that has, at times, given up a ton of points and the secondary/pass rush has been the Achilles' heel...Defensive statistics have been misleading.
IMO, TTU runs a very good offense, calling plays at the line, trying to run as many plays as possible - QB out of the 'pistol'..."We" are very deep at RB (including GA Southern transfer, Adam Urbano) and WR - However, 2 of our top 4 WR's have not played in the last 3 games due to injury and are probably done for they year. Very good QB as far as avoiding sacks and running the ball but, he is 5'9" and had a case of the fumbles last week (3).
NFL attention is going to our record-setting, All-OVC WR - Tim Benford (#3) and our punter, Nick Campbell...

Bam
November 21st, 2011, 08:27 AM

Are you sure that it's not Co-champs? xcoolx

"The three teams at the top of the standings - Eastern Kentucky, Jacksonville State and Tennessee Tech - each won on Saturday to claim a share of the 2011 Ohio Valley Conference Football Championship"

TTUEagles
November 21st, 2011, 09:38 AM
Are you sure that it's not Co-champs? xcoolx

"The three teams at the top of the standings - Eastern Kentucky, Jacksonville State and Tennessee Tech - each won on Saturday to claim a share of the 2011 Ohio Valley Conference Football Championship"

It is co-champs...that's why I said TTU won "it's share" of the title. Congrats to EKU & JSU! - I'm glad to share it with the perennial 'big boys' of the OVC. Hell, I'd share it with the whole conference for all I care...

JoshUCA
November 21st, 2011, 10:48 AM
Does TTU have a fan site?

GoColonels!
November 21st, 2011, 11:09 AM
Congrats to all the Golden Eagle fans in Cookeville! Yes, we and JSU may have officially split the OVC title with them, but I was in the building nine days ago when TTU came here to Richmond and took care of business with a solid seven-point win when both teams knew that the AQ was probably on the line. So hats off to the Golden Eagles.

Now down to business--I think that Tech and EKU will both be slight underdogs this weekend, but both have a chance to win, and the OVC --REALLY-- needs a post-season win or two to end the drought.

EKU's defense will need to step up. At times they've been brilliant (as in the Kansas State game), but time and again through the conference slate miscues and blown coverages resulted in giving up WAY too many big plays (including two that nearly cost us the game against Martin last Saturday).

Go EKU (and Go Tech!)

TTUEagles
November 21st, 2011, 11:19 AM
Does TTU have a fan site?

No...It's either here or ovcfans.com - not much TTU action on either.

Redhawk2010
November 21st, 2011, 11:26 AM

I asked it here because it's relevant to this particular discussion. I don't care "who the cubs of the FCS" are. I want to know who has the longest streak of not winning an OVC championship is. Some of us don't care about the SoCon...

TTUEagles
November 21st, 2011, 11:46 AM
I asked it here because it's relevant to this particular discussion. I don't care "who the cubs of the FCS" are. I want to know who has the longest streak of not winning an OVC championship is. Some of us don't care about the SoCon...

I guess the longest streak now is APSU. TSU, Martin, SEMO, EIU, Jax. State, EKU have all won titles since APSU & TTU's last title. Off of the top of my head, I think APSU won the OVC back in the late '70's...TTU has 10 total titles now - but only 1 in the past 36 years...

straightshooter
November 21st, 2011, 12:21 PM
How's that former Georgia Southern RB Adam Urbano working out for you? He was a good one here, and just didn't want to play in the triple option offense....bad move...

veinup
November 21st, 2011, 01:07 PM
congrats to you and your team. must feel fantastic. enjoy the playoffs.

TTUEagles
November 21st, 2011, 01:41 PM
How's that former Georgia Southern RB Adam Urbano working out for you? He was a good one here, and just didn't want to play in the triple option offense....bad move...

He's been pretty good, when healthy. He was injured on 1st play from scrimmage at Iowa (17-yard gain) and missed the following 5-games. The offense has significantly been better since he's been closer to 100%. But, he was injured again this past weekend - I think he's okay, and I hope so - he's been good for 'us.'

ekufbfan
November 21st, 2011, 02:09 PM
Good luck TTU, get a win!
Wish us the same, I would like to shut these ******'s up!

GO EKU!! Go TTU! Go Colonels! Go Golden Eagles! (and for what's it's worth I didn't want non football NKU in the OVC either, they were a 2 year community college a number of years ago for pete's sake)

TTUEagles
November 21st, 2011, 03:22 PM
Good luck TTU, get a win!
Wish us the same, I would like to shut these ******'s up!

GO EKU!! Go TTU! Go Colonels! Go Golden Eagles! (and for what's it's worth I didn't want non football NKU in the OVC either, they were a 2 year community college a number of years ago for pete's sake)

Good Lord don't go on ovcfans.com and say that - apparently 3 TN schools voted no against EKU and the Murray and Morehead guys (SOME) now want all TN schools kicked out, hate the state, or something like that (didn't really pay attention). One Murray guy says he hopes TTU "embarrasses itself and the OVC" in the playoffs because of that. I hate to break it to him that neither I or the TTU football team had anything to do with it.

But, I digress...I think TTU has it's hands full and will have to play it's best game - we should be the underdogs, here...I don't blame people for bashing the OVC - the thing is no one that I have heard that plays in the OVC is really arguing the fact that it's been a weaker conference. GO TECH & GO COLONELS!!! Here's hoping we both have well above 10,000 in attendance too!

ekufbfan
November 21st, 2011, 03:35 PM
I know the EKU powers that be voted to let in NKU, but I can tell you there are fans who are glad they were not voted in and it has nothing to do with being "afraid them". And has a lot to do with remembering how the OVC once was with MTSU and wku and now some want to let in a former uk community college.

Grizo406
November 21st, 2011, 04:35 PM
It is co-champs...that's why I said TTU won "it's share" of the title. Congrats to EKU & JSU! - I'm glad to share it with the perennial 'big boys' of the OVC. Hell, I'd share it with the whole conference for all I care...

Congrats, TTU!xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Feels good, don't it!??!xnodx

srgrizizen
November 21st, 2011, 04:42 PM
I can't wait for the game between UCA and TTU! It should be a great game between two 1st timers!

Congratulations to both! And whichever one gets to come to Missoula, I hope you can bring some fans. You'll love the experience and most of our fans. But bundle up!! :)

TTUEagles
November 21st, 2011, 05:11 PM
Congratulations to both! And whichever one gets to come to Missoula, I hope you can bring some fans. You'll love the experience and most of our fans. But bundle up!! :)

I work with a former Montana football player and our boss, his kid plays for TTU. That would be sooo perfect to travel to Montana to get our asses kicked!
That would mean winning vs UCA, which is going to be damn tough for us....and, I might stroke out right there from the sheer joy of it all...

Cleets
November 21st, 2011, 06:17 PM
I work with a former Montana football player and our boss, his kid plays for TTU. That would be sooo perfect to travel to Montana to get our asses kicked!
That would mean winning vs UCA, which is going to be damn tough for us....and, I might stroke out right there from the sheer joy of it all...

This is EPIC posting...
I laughed hard at this - well done good sir (well done)

Griz4ever
November 21st, 2011, 08:37 PM
If you make it contact me on this site I will give you some tailgate info and get you a few cold ones..(no cooler needed by then)..