PDA

View Full Version : GWFC-Co Champs..UND worst to first!!

darell1976
November 19th, 2011, 06:09 PM
UND finished 3-8 in 2010 and picked last in the GWFC preseason poll.....but with hard work and a conference title as their goal UND trailing USD 37-17 early in the 4th quarter rallied to score 21 points and won it 38-37 to capture the GWFC Title along with Cal Poly. UND went from worst to first (tied with Cal Poly). Another championship banner to be hung up in the Alerus Center next to the NCC Champions 2006 banner. Hats off to South Dakota they played an excellent game and it will be sad we cannot be conference foes anymore. We will miss you. Good luck in the MVFC (and beat the Bisonxsmiley_wix). As for UND we start our journey to the BSC with SUU, Cal Poly, and UC Davis. The BSC is getting 4 excellent teams and it will be a good fight for the title every year. Thank you UND seniors and good luck in the future, as for the rest of the squad...we have a Big Sky Title to capture next season!!xsmileyclapx

frozennorth
November 19th, 2011, 06:19 PM
*golfclap*

Did any students show up? The marketing department pulled out all the stops trying to get students in.

Also, we are now stuck with mussman for at least two more years.

darell1976
November 19th, 2011, 06:23 PM
*golfclap*

Did any students show up? The marketing department pulled out all the stops trying to get students in.

Also, we are now stuck with mussman for at least two more years.

First question there was some students...I couldn't tell from where I was sitting, overall I thought it was a poor crowd for a conference title game. As for Muss I think this game saved his job..at least for 1 year. IMO they will try him out in the Big Sky and if they end up in the cellar they will be coach hunting.

slostang
November 19th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Congrats. Glad you are joining us next year in the Big Sky. Wish USD would have too.

darell1976
November 19th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Congrats. Glad you are joining us next year in the Big Sky. Wish USD would have too.

Me too. They have been a great rival. And as you can see today we play great games.

goyotes
November 19th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Congrats to the Sioux and Mustangs on being co-champions. Hard to believe the Yotes & Sioux have played every year since 1946 and will not be playing anytime in the near future. The Great West at least gave both teams something to play for during the transition years and top to bottom was likely the most balanced conference in FCS. Best of luck to all 4 Great West members as they head off to the Big Sky next year.

PS The losses to the Sioux and the Mustangs are two of the most painful losses the Yotes have absorbed in a long, long time. Both games were well in hand and then the bottom fell out.