PDA

View Full Version : Good game Apps!

ElonPride
November 19th, 2011, 05:20 PM
First off, wow what a game!

I probably talked the most smack all week from the Elon side.....but you've got to give credit where it is due.

Great come from behind win after falling back 21-0. You guys got good pressure in the second half to halt the Elon offense.

Hats of to the Apps and congrats on what will be another playoff bid. Represent the conference well in the playoffs. xthumbsupx

AppMAN04
November 19th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Thank you!! Thats very noble of you... They never gave up .. Elon started off on fire, those RW are deadly..

OL FU
November 19th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Congrats to ASU. GSU, WC and ASU - -make us proudxthumbsupx

Now where is Crapsville. I seem to have forgotten which street it is on:o

ASU_Fanatic
November 19th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Like others have already said, Elon fans should be very excited about the future and what it has in store. Swepson seems to have them headed in the right direction. I tell, you JM's teams never give up, they were down by 21 last year to Chatty and came back and won it, our teams never give up and I think we can make a run.

AppinATL
November 19th, 2011, 05:49 PM

Thanks, man! Your Paladins gave Florida a jolt today. Respectable showing!

ElonPride
November 19th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Like others have already said, Elon fans should be very excited about the future and what it has in store. Swepson seems to have them headed in the right direction. I tell, you JM's teams never give up, they were down by 21 last year to Chatty and came back and won it, our teams never give up and I think we can make a run.

Well, we obviously appreciate the comment. We still have a ways to go, but it's nice to see huge improvement towards the end of the season.

It's funny you mention the Chatty game......those were my exact thoughts after the first quarter. Again, way to go and the best of luck in the playoffs! I think it's safe to say this is the best the SoCon has been overall in quite some time.

Eaglesrus
November 19th, 2011, 07:43 PM

Thank you very much! Guess there's a bright side to being in a position where Saban felt like he had to score with 44 seconds left to make them look better. Then again, maybe that's just Saban.

Tod
November 19th, 2011, 07:47 PM

Your game today against Florida was fantastic! Furman has nothing to be ashamed of, just a little inconsistency, I guess. Hope you're loaded next year, but I'm too lazy to look. xthumbsupx

asumike83
November 19th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Wow, a really great game today. Elon came out firing and played solid, it took a very gutsy effort from ASU to come back and get the win. If we end up getting a bye week and a home playoff game, we certainly had to earn it today.

I traveled up with a group of about 25-30 App and Elon folks and had an excellent time. Our tailgate spot was right next to Mellette's family. Good people and quite handy with a grill! I was impressed with the Elon skill position players, turnovers are the only thing holding that team back.

Also an impressive showing for the SoCon against the SEC today. No wins unfortunately, but all 4 teams played well. A great day all-around for the conference.

ngineer
November 19th, 2011, 10:19 PM

Sorry to see the Paladins got squeezed out this year. Was looking forward to a game with you guys.

appfan2008
November 19th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Had an awesome time at Elon as I always do and look forward to that game on the road more than any other in the socon... very clean campus and a nice place to be...

ElonPride
November 20th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Had an awesome time at Elon as I always do and look forward to that game on the road more than any other in the socon... very clean campus and a nice place to be...

Much appreciated. I think Swepson has the team going in the right direction. Hopefully this series will continue to be as competitive as it has been the last two years.

SoCon48
November 20th, 2011, 12:13 PM
All in all, App had a great regular season in spite of losing four to the NFL. I predicted a 6-5 regular season. Super glad I was wrong.
An aside, I still can't figure how the App defense all but shut down Mellette in the second half after such a stellar first half.
One thing with App's defense, it's stamina almost always shines through.

james_lawfirm
November 20th, 2011, 12:18 PM
First off, wow what a game!

I probably talked the most smack all week from the Elon side.....but you've got to give credit where it is due.

Great come from behind win after falling back 21-0. You guys got good pressure in the second half to halt the Elon offense.

Hats of to the Apps and congrats on what will be another playoff bid. Represent the conference well in the playoffs. xthumbsupx

Thanks. That was a heck of a game. Elon deserves lots of credit, as does App. I thought App's D in the 2nd half was the key.

whoanellie
November 20th, 2011, 01:59 PM
looking into the playoffs if ASU does not get the ball to Quick early and often they will lose if they use him like yesterday they will go deep into them. As for Mellette when Wilson threw at him he made plays. App seemed like they had 15 guys out there on defense in the second half. They played like an umbrella zone but still got pressure on our passer when it mattered. App has so many tools but every team comes out and smacks them in the mouth and they either do not get over it ie. Wofford, Furman or they get back and find a way to win UTC, GSU & Elon. All the kudos still go out coach Jerry Moore. He's the best time for him to retire soon. :-)
All in all, App had a great regular season in spite of losing four to the NFL. I predicted a 6-5 regular season. Super glad I was wrong.
An aside, I still can't figure how the App defense all but shut down Mellette in the second half after such a stellar first half.
One thing with App's defense, it's stamina almost always shines through.

ncguitarplyr
November 20th, 2011, 07:34 PM
I knew we were going to be lucky to squeak out of Elon with the W. Very tough game that came down to the last play.