PDA

View Full Version : Seed them:

TheBisonator
November 19th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Pick 5. One thru Five:

NDSU: 10 DI wins, one of them an FBS (BCS) win, played no sub-DI teams, loss to unranked Youngstown State
SHSU: 11 DI wins, one of them an FBS (non-BCS), played no sub-DI teams, did not lose a game, (Played a weak Southland schedule)
MSU: 8 DI wins, no FBS wins, two losses, to Utah (BCS-FBS) and top-10 Montana. Played an NAIA/DII team in Minot State, beat them
GSU: 8 DI wins, no FBS wins, two losses, to Alabama (#3 in FBS) and top-25 Appalachian State. Played a DII team in Tusculum, beat them
UNI: 9 DI wins, no FBS wins, two losses, to #5 NDSU and Iowa State (BCS-FBS). Played no sub-DI teams
Montana: 8 DI wins, no FBS wins, two losses, to Tennessee (BCS-FBS) and Sacramento State. Played a DII team in Western Oregon, beat them
Towson: 9 DI wins, no FBS wins, two losses, to Maryland (BCS-FBS) and Delaware. Played no sub-DI teams

CropDuster
November 19th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Homer alert

UIWWildthing
November 19th, 2011, 04:17 PM
1 - SHSU
2 - NDSU
3 - GSU
4 - Towson
5 - UNI

GSU Eagle
November 19th, 2011, 04:18 PM
#1 NDSU
#2 GSU
#3 SHSU
#4 UNI
#5 Towson or Montana St.

JmuSkinsfan
November 19th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Give Towson a seed. They're 9-2 and CAA champs ... definitely deserve it.

1. Georiga Southern
2. Sam Houston State
3. NDSU
4. Towson
5. Montana

da_Bison
November 19th, 2011, 04:19 PM
#1 NDSU
#2 GSU
#3 SHSU
#4 UNI
#5 Towson or Montana St.

Looks good, although Id put Montana in place of MSU

TheBisonator
Give Towson a seed. They're 9-2 and CAA champs ... definitely deserve it.

1. Georiga Southern
2. Sam Houston State
3. NDSU
4. Towson
5. Montana

GSU with 8 DI wins and NDSU with 10 DI wins???

Squealofthepig
Montana is actually at 8 D-I wins, as one of our wins was against Western Oregon.

I'd have:
1) SHSU
2) NDSU
3) GSU
4/5) Montana/UNI

SHSU is just such a mystery as to how the committee will seed them - I could see them giving them #1 (by default), or I could see them seeded #4. It will be interesting!

FargoBison
November 19th, 2011, 04:22 PM
1. GSU
2. NDSU
3. Towson
4. SHSU
5. Montana

GSU Eagle
November 19th, 2011, 04:24 PM
I could make an argument GSU should be #1. That argument would be GSU has 1 FCS loss vs. a top 10 team probably in Appalachian. NDSU lost to an unranked YSU team. If you want to hold the Alabama loss against us, go ahead. I thought we played damn well today against arguably the best FBS team in America. However NDSU has more FCS wins and if you look at the body of work I believe the committee will give them credit for that. I do not feel SHSU deserves a top 2 seed based on their strength of schedule and what by any analysis is a weak Southland conference.

seantaylor
November 19th, 2011, 04:28 PM
No way in hell GSU should not be the 1 seed. NDSU lost a home to a scrub.

TheBisonator
November 19th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Question then for any of you: Do you think NDSU will get a #1 or #2 seed?? (top-2)

GSU Eagle
November 19th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I would not call Youngstown St. a scrub.

da_Bison
I could make an argument GSU should be #1. That argument would be GSU has 1 FCS loss vs. a top 10 team probably in Appalachian. NDSU lost to an unranked YSU team. If you want to hold the Alabama loss against us, go ahead. I thought we played damn well today against arguably the best FBS team in America. However NDSU has more FCS wins and if you look at the body of work I believe the committee will give them credit for that. I do not feel SHSU deserves a top 2 seed based on their strength of schedule and what by any analysis is a weak Southland conference.

I don't think ANYONE will be surprised if GSU is the #1 seed

CropDuster
Question then for any of you: Do you think NDSU will get a #1 or #2 seed?? (top-2)

I think NDSU and GSU should be the top 2. Order doesn't matter.

GSU put up more yards and points on Bama than anyone this year, and UA played their starters til the end.

JmuSkinsfan
November 19th, 2011, 04:30 PM

I could see GSU getting #1 and NDSU getting #2. There isn't really a diff. between the two though! There is no homefield advantage at a neutral site championship game

GSU Eagle
November 19th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Time to cue The Fan and his statements about loss to unranked opponents.

TheBisonator
November 19th, 2011, 04:31 PM
I could see GSU getting #1 and NDSU getting #2. There isn't really a diff. between the two though! There is no homefield advantage at a neutral site championship game

That's what I'm saying!! All I want really is the 2 seed.

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Pick 5. One thru Five:

NDSU: 10 DI wins, one of them an FBS (BCS) win, played no sub-DI teams, loss to unranked Youngstown State
SHSU: 11 DI wins, one of them an FBS (non-BCS), played no sub-DI teams, did not lose a game, (Played a weak Southland schedule)
MSU: 8 DI wins, no FBS wins, two losses, to Utah (BCS-FBS) and top-10 Montana. Played an NAIA/DII team in Minot State, beat them
GSU: 8 DI wins, no FBS wins, two losses, to Alabama (#3 in FBS) and top-25 Appalachian State. Played a DII team in Tusculum, beat them
UNI: 9 DI wins, no FBS wins, two losses, to #5 NDSU and Iowa State (BCS-FBS). Played no sub-DI teams
Montana: 8 DI wins, no FBS wins, two losses, to Tennessee (BCS-FBS) and Sacramento State. Played a DII team in Western Oregon, beat them
Towson: 9 DI wins, no FBS wins, two losses, to Maryland (BCS-FBS) and Delaware. Played no sub-DI teams

While you did not forget SHSU at 11-0 the weakly Southland Conf you left out Lehigh at 10-1 is there a reason?

GSU Eagle
November 19th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Listening to Coach Monken on the postgame show right now and he says he was very proud of the play of his team today, but they we play to win and we didn't. He is talking about mistakes we made today, and we needed almost a perfect game to win. Says we feel we can move the ball on anyone, Alabama or any other team.

bjtheflamesfan
November 19th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Assuming the Bearkats get the win:

1. Sam Houston State
2. North Dakota State
3. Georgia Southern
4. Northern Iowa
5. Towson

GSU Eagle
November 19th, 2011, 04:36 PM
It will be interesting tomorrow to see how the committee seeds SHSU. While I feel they deserve to be seeded I do not feel they deserve a #1 or #2 seed.

FargoBison
My updated thoughts....

1. GSU(Impressed with the Bama game effort)
2. NDSU(UNI and MN wins carry the Bison to a #2 seed)
3. Towson(Wins vs three ranked teams, no bad losses)
4. SHSU(undefeated, schedule drops them to #4)
5. Montana(MSU win propels them to a seed, a strong case could be made for either Maine, UNI or even Lehigh. That pick was very tough for me)

bjtheflamesfan
it is simple

he is from NDSU

It also doesnt hurt that they have a win over FBS team while the thought of playing an FBS team these days would make folks at Lehigh break out in hives...

NDB
November 19th, 2011, 04:38 PM
1. GSU
2. NDSU
3. Montana
4. SHSU
5 UNI

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 04:45 PM
If you think SHSU deserves a #1 or #2, can you please explain why you do not think Lehigh deserves a #5? What is the major difference?

bjtheflamesfan
November 19th, 2011, 04:45 PM
and what Lehigh are you talking about?

the one that BEAT your Liberty?

or the one that that had only one loss - to a top ten team in overtime and #2 in the powerful CAA?

that Lehigh?

That Liberty win is all you have to hang your whole resume on. If Liberty loses you will not have beaten any playoff teams. If they do win, you still will have beaten only one team OOC with a +.500 record. Not exactly screaming of a seed with a resume like that (so I hope youre a Liberty fan at the moment)

katstrapper
November 19th, 2011, 04:47 PM
When do yall quit beating a dead horse?

seantaylor
November 19th, 2011, 04:48 PM
I would not call Youngstown St. a scrub.

A team that loses at home to a 2-9 Missouri State team isn't a scrub?

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Can some one please point the major difference between SHSU and Lehigh? Why would SHSU desereve a # 1 or #2 and Lehigh does not deserve a #5? I am at a loss on this?

FargoBison
November 19th, 2011, 04:51 PM

They are all over the place, young inconsistent team but not a scrub.

FargoBison
November 19th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Can some one please point the major difference between SHSU and Lehigh? Why would SHSU desereve a # 1 or #2 and Lehigh does not deserve a #5? I am at a loss on this?

SHSU hasn't lost and has an FBS win...Lehigh has a win over Liberty.

footballer23
November 19th, 2011, 04:52 PM
1) NDSU
2) SHSU
3) GSU
4) Towson
5) Montana

katstrapper
November 19th, 2011, 04:54 PM

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 04:57 PM

WHAT DEAD HORSE? that you have beaten no one? I hope SHSU gets the #1 seed!

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 05:00 PM
SHSU hasn't lost and hasF an FBS win...Lehigh has a win over Liberty.

FBS win New Mexico versus FCS versus Liberty Really such a big difference, Look at the schedules.

bjtheflamesfan
November 19th, 2011, 05:00 PM
WHAT DEAD HORSE? that you have beaten no one? I hope SHSU gets the #1 seed!

actually theyve beaten everyone...which is why they have a 0 on the right side of heir record...AND YOU DONT! Beat New Hampshire and this wouldnt even be a stinkin burr in your saddle

bisonguy
November 19th, 2011, 05:01 PM
1) SHSU
2) NDSU
3) Towson
4) Montana
5) GSU

veinup
November 19th, 2011, 05:01 PM
i just want UM and MSU on opposite sides of the bracket..

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 05:04 PM
SHSU hasn't lost and has an FBS win...Lehigh has a win over Liberty.

And a win over New Mexico versus a lose to New Hamphire is such a dramatic difference come on, THat is a joke.

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 05:06 PM
actually theyve beaten everyone...which is why they have a 0 on the right side of heir record...AND YOU DONT! Beat New Hampshire and this wouldnt even be a stinkin burr in your saddle

You really see that as a major difference ... Wow! How do you spell over rated?

GSU EAGLES
November 19th, 2011, 05:06 PM
GSU will be the #1 seed.

Lost a close game to top 6 App State at the Rock which is the toughest place to win in the country.

Gave #2 BCS team Bama their toughest game outside of LSU. Bama had their starters in the entire game and GSU put more points and yards on Bama than any team this year. We played toe to toe with Bama and put 302 rushing yards on one of the best defenses in college football history.

Our Freshman FB Dominique Swope has emerged as a beast the last 2 weeks. He gashed Bama all day for 153 yards on 18 carries. He is going to steamroll in the playoffs.

SeattleGriz
November 19th, 2011, 05:08 PM
All I have to say is that you guys that are excluding Montana are effed in the head. They have ONE FCS loss to the team that beat Oregon State and as of today beat the #1 team at their house by a score of 36-10. It's like Montana just started sucking, which is not the case. They implemented a new offensive and defensive scheme, and are now finally getting it down. 302 yards of rushing against MSU?!

Whatever, at this point, Montana is going to roll all you pussies come playoffs.

Hammerhead
November 19th, 2011, 05:20 PM
These are my top 5 teams:
1. Montana - they looked tough against the Cats
2. GSU - managed to not embarrass themselves against the #3 team in the FBS
3. NDSU - The 2nd half of the Western Ill. game didn't look so good
4. SHSU - just because they are undefeated even if they are in a weaker conference
5. UNI - Played NDSU tough in Fargo

Here is how I think the NCAA will seed them

1: NDSU
2: GSU
3: SHSU
4: Montana
5: Northern Iowa - part of the reason NDSU gets the #1 seed is so that UNI can be in the same half of the bracket as NDSU since #1 seed should be in the top half with the #5 and #4 seeds.

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Towson will be in th top 5!

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2011, 05:23 PM
1) NDSU
2) GSU
3) SHSU
4) Montana
5) Towson

bisononce
November 19th, 2011, 05:25 PM
The Fan,
Do you sit on your xxx all day, every day at the computer? Do you have a life? Ever go out for a newspaper, quart of milk? Live in momma's basement??

;)

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 05:30 PM
The Fan,
Do you sit on your xxx all day, every day at the computer? Do you have a life? Ever go out for a newspaper, quart of milk? Live in momma's basement??

;)

Why?

I have not seen the fan on here today?

MTfan4life
November 19th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Why?

I have not seen the fan on here today?

I really hope that's sarcasm. You've been involved in this whole thread.

The committee has a tough job ahead of them when it comes to both seeding and first round vs. second round placement.

frozennorth
November 19th, 2011, 06:16 PM
1 Ndsu
2 Towson
3 Gsu
4 Shsu
5 Montana

andy7171
November 19th, 2011, 06:24 PM
If you think SHSU deserves a #1 or #2, can you please explain why you do not think Lehigh deserves a #5? What is the major difference?

Over who Towson who dominated the team that beat you? Serious question. I think you guys deserve a first round bye, but not a seed if it is at the hands of Towson.

andy7171
November 19th, 2011, 06:27 PM
The Fan,

;)
Holy crap. This guy has been waiting over 6 years to say this! Fantastic! ...even if it was kinda lame.

SeattleGriz
November 19th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Holy crap. This guy has been waiting over 6 years to say this! Fantastic! ...even if it was kinda lame.

So. Do you live in momma's basement? HUH?

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Over who Towson who dominated the team that beat you? Serious question. I think you guys deserve a first round bye, but not a seed if it is at the hands of Towson.

Now Lehgih does not deserve a seed, and neither does SHSU deserve a 1-3 seed. I am hoping to land in Towson (if we aren't home) given the short drive.

unigriff
November 19th, 2011, 06:40 PM
If you'd all not be homers....its quite easy.

1. SHSU
2. GSU
3. UNI
4. NDSU
5. Towson/Montana (toss up)

SHSU has done everything to be the #1. Well deserving despite a weaker overall schedule. They won every game they needed to. End of story.

GSU jumped up to #2 from 3 with MSUs loss. Playing Alabama tough does not mean a better seed. You lost the game, however not to an FCS.

It doesn't matter head to head (UNI-NDSU) when it was 2/3 thru the season. NDSU lost late in the year (YSU) and that cost them.
Towson made a case finishing as CAA champs, but the CAA is down overall this year and thus is a 50/50 for a seed.
Montana may steal the seed with their big win to end the season. If I were the committee when comparing UM and TU...I'd pick UM easily almost every time.

The sleeper team to watch in the playoffs though will be Lehigh. While possibly feeling snubbed of a seed, at 10-1, a "eh" schedule, they will have a lot to show for come playoff time.

TheRevSFA
November 19th, 2011, 06:40 PM
1) NDSU
2) GA Southern
3) Sam Houston
4) Towson
5) Montana.

While Sam is undefeated, they only beat two teams above .500..and if you count teams at or over .500 then the number jumps to a whopping 3. Even going undefeated, they don't deserve a 1 or 2 seed over teams from a stronger conference.

Even so, I wish them the best and hope they represent the SLC well. (That's something you'll NEVER hear a Sam fan say about SFA..except maybe terror)

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 06:45 PM
The sleeper team to watch in the playoffs though will be SHSU. While possibly feeling snubbed of a seed, at 11-0, a "eh" schedule, they will have a lot to show for come playoff time.

Yea I agreee with you but the committee will remain consistent!

GSU Eagle
November 19th, 2011, 06:49 PM
It appears to be about evenly split between those who say an 11-0 SHSU team is a #1 seed to those who say they will be seeded #3-#5. It will be interesting to see what the committee does. I don't know all the 8 (I believe it is 8) committee members are but if you have a good portion of SoCon/CAA/MVC representaton on the committee look for something other than a #1 seed.

BisonFan02
November 19th, 2011, 06:50 PM
If you'd all not be homers....its quite easy.

1. SHSU
2. GSU
3. UNI
4. NDSU
5. Towson/Montana (toss up)

SHSU has done everything to be the #1. Well deserving despite a weaker overall schedule. They won every game they needed to. End of story.

GSU jumped up to #2 from 3 with MSUs loss. Playing Alabama tough does not mean a better seed. You lost the game, however not to an FCS.

It doesn't matter head to head (UNI-NDSU) when it was 2/3 thru the season. NDSU lost late in the year (YSU) and that cost them.
Towson made a case finishing as CAA champs, but the CAA is down overall this year and thus is a 50/50 for a seed.
Montana may steal the seed with their big win to end the season. If I were the committee when comparing UM and TU...I'd pick UM easily almost every time.

The sleeper team to watch in the playoffs though will be Lehigh. While possibly feeling snubbed of a seed, at 10-1, a "eh" schedule, they will have a lot to show for come playoff time.

UNI, at best, is a 5 seed.

BisonFan02
November 19th, 2011, 06:52 PM
1a) GSU
1b) NDSU
^coin flip
3) SHSU
4) Towson
5) Montana/UNI....

GSU Eagle
November 19th, 2011, 06:52 PM
NDSU and UNI are co-champs and NDSU won the head -to - head. I have to believe that leads to NDSU being seeded ahead of UNI.

TheRevSFA
November 19th, 2011, 06:53 PM
So does going undefeated with a weak schedule trump being a one loss team from a tough conference?

We'll find out tomorrow.

GSU Eagle
November 19th, 2011, 06:54 PM
If the committee seeds SHSU #1 they are basically saying that strength of schedule means nothing and who you beat means nothing. It would be something like saying if a team from the Northeast Conference finished undefeated they should automatically be seeded #1.

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 06:59 PM
If the committee seeds SHSU #1 they are basically saying that strength of schedule means nothing and who you beat means nothing. It would be something like saying if a team from the Northeast Conference finished undefeated they should automatically be seeded #1.

Exactly. Towson get #3 behind GSU and NDSU.

Achilles Return
November 19th, 2011, 06:59 PM
NDSU will not be seeded over GSU.

bisonnation
November 19th, 2011, 07:06 PM
1. Sam Houston State
2. NDSU
3. Georiga Southern
4. Towson
5. Montana

good argument for UNI

Tough call though. Bison have a BCS win and 1 loss. Sam Houston has a FBS win and no losses. The Missouri Valley is tougher than the Southland. NDSU was #1 in RPI. Sam Houston was #2

katstrapper
November 19th, 2011, 07:17 PM

And you are saying that your team finishes 9-2 should just be handed the #1 seed because your schedule is supposedly stronger? We could stand here and piss in the pot all day!

Technically, Sam Houston is 13-0 dating back to last season with only 12 seniors lost this year and 43 freshman on the roster with a second year coach in the program.

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 07:25 PM
And you are saying that your team finishes 9-2 should just be handed the #1 seed because your schedule is supposedly stronger? We could stand here and piss in the pot all day!

Technically, Sam Houston is 13-0 dating back to last season with only 12 seniors lost this year and 43 freshman on the roster with a second year coach in the program.

Great, now that you added in those two games, it makes a huge difference, since we are excluding playoffs how does 13-0 match to 17-1. Oh that darn OT loss it is such a big difference. Yep, #1 definitely!

putter
November 19th, 2011, 07:31 PM
So this is really not if you lost, it is when. I find it funny that most of you have NDSU 1 or 2 and have moved MSU totally out of a seed. MSU lost a huge rivalry game to a top 10 teams and NDSU lost to an unranked team that is not sniffing the playoffs......

PAllen
November 19th, 2011, 07:31 PM
1. NDSU
2. SHSU
3. GSU
4. Towson
5. Lehigh

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 07:34 PM
So this is really not if you lost, it is when. I find it funny that most of you have NDSU 1 or 2 and have moved MSU totally out of a seed. MSU lost a huge rivalry game to a top 10 teams and NDSU lost to an unranked team that is not sniffing the playoffs......

Wait I heard that before... anyone see the Fan?xlolx

Tod
November 19th, 2011, 07:35 PM

YSU was certainly "sniffing" the playoffs.

However, that people on AGS don't think the CAA champ will get a seed is, in my opinion, ridiculous. UNI is out. There will be no 2nd place MVFC team seeded before the CAA champ. If I'm wrong, I'll be here to admit it.

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 07:38 PM
1. NDSU
2. SHSU
3. GSU
4. Towson
5. Lehigh

This is the only way SHSU gets a seed in the top three.

BisonBacker
November 19th, 2011, 07:46 PM
#1 NDSU
#2 GSU
#3 SHSU
#4 UNI
#5 Towson or Montana St.

I would switch GSU and NDSU.
1. GSU
2. NDSU
3. SHSU
4. UNI
5. Montana State

Chi Panther
November 19th, 2011, 07:46 PM
YSU was certainly "sniffing" the playoffs.

However, that people on AGS don't think the CAA champ will get a seed is, in my opinion, ridiculous. UNI is out. There will be no 2nd place MVFC team seeded before the CAA champ. If I'm wrong, I'll be here to admit it.

U may be right and I understand the brackets will be out prior to the final regular season rankings....but HIGH probability UNI #2 in final regular season rankings...

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 07:50 PM
U may be right and I understand the brackets will be out prior to the final regular season rankings....but HIGH probability UNI #2 in final regular season rankings...

and Lehigh drops to #7 despite a big win, but only the playoffs matter

andy7171
November 19th, 2011, 07:55 PM
From what I am reading, Towson is gettin punished for the previous four seasons. Disrespecting this team will only add to the fire of traveling. Our loss to Delawhere was in a sleet storm decided by a KO return.

Chi Panther
November 19th, 2011, 07:58 PM
From what I am reading, Towson is gettin punished for the previous four seasons. Disrespecting this team will only add to the fire of traveling. Our loss to Delawhere was in a sleet storm decided by a KO return.

Here is what you need to know about playoff football:

Traveling across the country is a B!TCH, and gives you less time to prepare for next opponent.

Tatanka
November 19th, 2011, 08:07 PM
I guess the question comes down to how much consideration is given to the number of D-I wins... The prevailing theory as far as I can tell is that the committee values D-I wins more than D-II wins. If for whatever reason a team with a worse record including a win over a D-II is seeded higher than a team with a better record and an all D-I schedule, well, then we'll know. Under the theory that this matters, I'm going with the homer pick:

1. SHSU even though they play in a weak league.
2. NDSU
3. GSU
4. UNI
5. Montana

Tatanka
November 19th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Here is what you need to know about playoff football:

Traveling across the country is a B!TCH, and gives you less time to prepare for next opponent.

teams in the west already understand this.

Tod
November 19th, 2011, 08:14 PM

No way in hell UNI is #2 in final regular season rankings. SHSU is above you. GSU is above you. NDSU is above you. Even Montana and Lehigh may be above you. Or are you talking about the GPI? Maybe I misunderstand what you mean?

Edit: Towson is above you.

Chi Panther
November 19th, 2011, 08:16 PM
No way in hell UNI is #2 in final regular season rankings. SHSU is above you. GSU is above you. NDSU is above you. Even Montana and Lehigh may be above you. Or are you talking about the GPI? Maybe I misunderstand what you mean?

Team (First-place votes) Record Points Previous Rank
1. Montana State Bobcats (76) 9-1 3,805 2
2. Sam Houston State Bearkats (71) 10-0 3,764 3
3. Georgia Southern Eagles (8) 9-1 3,557 4
4. Northern Iowa Panthers 8-2 3,297 5
5. North Dakota State Bison (1) 9-1 3,199 1
6. Lehigh Mountain Hawks 9-1 3,122 6
7. Montana Grizzlies 8-2 2,879 8
8. Towson Tigers 8-2 2,665 12
9. Appalachian State Mountaineers 7-3 2,580 10
10. Old Dominion Monarchs 9-2 2,549 11

Eaglesrus
November 19th, 2011, 08:17 PM

So when you say GSU do you mean GA State?

Blue Eagle
November 19th, 2011, 08:21 PM

Youngstown State is not a scrub!!

fencer24
November 19th, 2011, 08:27 PM
If SHSU gets a seed, it will only last until their first game. Whoever is seeded behind them is going to have a pretty easy time.

Tod
November 19th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Team (First-place votes) Record Points Previous Rank
1. Montana State Bobcats (76) 9-1 3,805 2
2. Sam Houston State Bearkats (71) 10-0 3,764 3
3. Georgia Southern Eagles (8) 9-1 3,557 4
4. Northern Iowa Panthers 8-2 3,297 5
5. North Dakota State Bison (1) 9-1 3,199 1
6. Lehigh Mountain Hawks 9-1 3,122 6
7. Montana Grizzlies 8-2 2,879 8
8. Towson Tigers 8-2 2,665 12
9. Appalachian State Mountaineers 7-3 2,580 10
10. Old Dominion Monarchs 9-2 2,549 11

Why would NDSU be below UNI?

Let's see what happens and, more importantly, we'll see what the committee does tomorrow. This is no offense to UNI, they're a great team. Just my opinion that they should not get one of the five seeds.

Tod
November 19th, 2011, 08:31 PM
If SHSU gets a seed, it will only last until their first game. Whoever is seeded behind them is going to have a pretty easy time.

They will get a seed (obviously) and I'll bet that they beat the hell out of their first opponent. xnodx

achrist70
November 19th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Because they lost last week and voters put them there

Chi Panther
November 19th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Why would NDSU be below UNI?

Let's see what happens and, more importantly, we'll see what the committee does tomorrow. This is no offense to UNI, they're a great team. Just my opinion that they should not get one of the five seeds.

My point is that not many ppl have UNI in top 5 for a seed for whatever reason. In last weeks sportsnetwork rankings, UNI is #4. 2 Teams, MSU and GSU lost. Sure teams may pass UNI for beating a #14 Ill State team on the road. But my point is the brackets will come out prior to the new rankings, but UNI could be #2 in those rankings and ppl are saying UNI won't get a seed because they are Co-Conf Champs and 2 teams from one conf won't be seeded....

Historically the committe doesn't care what conf the seeds come from. EWU and Mont St and Del and W&M were seeded last year...

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2011, 09:01 PM
My point is that not many ppl have UNI in top 5 for a seed for whatever reason. In last weeks sportsnetwork rankings, UNI is #4. 2 Teams, MSU and GSU lost. Sure teams may pass UNI for beating a #14 Ill State team on the road. But my point is the brackets will come out prior to the new rankings, but UNI could be #2 in those rankings and ppl are saying UNI won't get a seed because they are Co-Conf Champs and 2 teams from one conf won't be seeded....

Historically the committe doesn't care what conf the seeds come from. EWU and Mont St and Del and W&M were seeded last year...
GSU losing to Bama shouldn't hurt them in the polls or in the eyes of the selection committee. If anything it should help them because they battled Bama better than most FBS teams have done this year. Regardless of the Youngstown loss, NDSU is still higher in the pecking order than UNI based on the head-to-head win and the FBS win IMO. I think UNI has a ceiling of #4 but I expect Montana to beat them out for that. The competition for #5 is Towson, it all depends on how much respect the committee wants to give them for being CAA champ.

Hammerhead
November 19th, 2011, 10:56 PM
NDSU lost by 3 points. Montana State lost by 26.

Grizzlies82
November 19th, 2011, 11:10 PM
1. Sam Houston
2. Georgia So.
3. North Dakota St
4. Montana
5. Towson

This will be it. Then UNI, APP St, MT St get the remaining second round home games.

appfan2008
November 19th, 2011, 11:18 PM
1. SHSU
2. GSU
3. Lehigh
4. Montana
5. NDSU

other second round hosts = ASU, UNI and MSU

blackfordpu
November 19th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Bisonator, your homerism is sickening. Nice shot at the Kats with the () comments. They beat EVERYONE on their schedule, 11-0.

blackfordpu
November 19th, 2011, 11:22 PM

What makes you think this?

bisonnation
November 19th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Bisonator, your homerism is sickening. Nice shot at the Kats with the () comments. They beat EVERYONE on their schedule, 11-0.

you guys are a good team but the conference is middle of the road. Seems like every year one team runs away with the conference and gets smoked in their first game. Wasn't it Mcneese last year or SFA? #2 ranking. I think you guys are good but its in the minds of everone

blackfordpu
November 19th, 2011, 11:30 PM
you guys are a good team but the conference is middle of the road. Seems like every year one team runs away with the conference and gets smoked in their first game. Wasn't it Mcneese last year? #2 ranking

The Kats destroyed every FCS team they played this season. They didn't squeak by in any game.

bisonnation
November 19th, 2011, 11:40 PM
The Kats destroyed every FCS team they played this season. They didn't squeak by in any game.

I agree. Seems like every year a southland team looks unbeatable until the playoffs start. I have a lot of respect for the Kats too.. We've had some epic battles. But I don't think we've ever lost to a southland team not named Sam Houston.

GaSouthern
November 19th, 2011, 11:50 PM
1. Georiga Southern
2. Sam Houston State
3. NDSU
4. Towson
5. Montana

fencer24
November 19th, 2011, 11:50 PM
What makes you think this?

Seen it before plenty of times. A record, or for that matter statistics don't really reflect how the team will perform. Yes, when I watched the one game that we had you on Game Package, you looked reasonably good. But so did the Montana State Bobcats last year, until they met NDSU. And before I am denounced as a homer, I would even go back to Montana's first playoffs when we were sure that our wide open offense was going to completely obliterate Georgia Southern.

Didn't quire work out that way. Wasn't the first, and won't be the last.

GaSouthern
November 19th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Seen it before plenty of times. A record, or for that matter statistics don't really reflect how the team will perform. Yes, when I watched the one game that we had you on Game Package, you looked reasonably good. But so did the Montana State Bobcats last year, until they met NDSU. And before I am denounced as a homer, I would even go back to Montana's first playoffs when we were sure that our wide open offense was going to completely obliterate Georgia Southern.

Didn't quire work out that way. Wasn't the first, and won't be the last.

Was it 1997 when the griz beat GSU like 45-0? Still the last time we got shutout too.

MTfan4life
November 19th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Was it 1997 when the griz beat GSU like 45-0? Still the last time we got shutout too.

1995 actually...Montana won their first three playoff games that season by an average of just under 50 points. (beat Marshall in the title 22-20)

J_Wilson
November 20th, 2011, 12:38 AM
This entire thread is homers presenting "their" logical reasoning to why their team should get seeded. All the NDSU homers hang their hat on a win over Minnesota. I don't know if you checked but they are terrible. I could say well UNI lost by one to a FBS team that just beat the number 2 team in the nation.
As long as the teams that deserve to make the playoffs get in it will all work itself out. To be the best you have to beat the best. This is why FCS has a "legit" champion.
It's playoff football time!

J_Wilson
November 20th, 2011, 12:40 AM
And why does everyone quote historical data. every four years there is a new group of kids playing. Tough to justify 1985 meaning anything now when the kids playing today weren't even born.

Vitojr130
December 13th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Montana is actually at 8 D-I wins, as one of our wins was against Western Oregon.

I'd have:
1) SHSU
2) NDSU
3) GSU
4/5) Montana/UNI

SHSU is just such a mystery as to how the committee will seed them - I could see them giving them #1 (by default), or I could see them seeded #4. It will be interesting!

Ahh, this guy got it right!

Squealofthepig
December 13th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Ahh, this guy got it right!

http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/woohoo.gif

heath
December 13th, 2011, 07:23 PM
xbowxxbowxxbowx
Please predict the gamexconfusedx
Watched UM on Friday and they looked great,but SHSU looked better on Sat.
What you feeling?

Grizcountry420
December 13th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Anyone can look better when playing the Cats. They gave up! Their D was so sloppy. Not gonna happen against Montana. SHSU is gonna be up ***** creek when we stop their run and they have to rely on their QB to throw the ball. Our D will be prepared. Montana wins by at least 2 scores..

Squealofthepig
December 13th, 2011, 07:55 PM
xbowxxbowxxbowx
Please predict the gamexconfusedx
Watched UM on Friday and they looked great,but SHSU looked better on Sat.
What you feeling?

I honestly have no idea. I wasn't sold on SHSU until they just decimated Montana State, in pretty much every aspect of the game. They seemed to just come together (like the Griz did vs. Weber State after quite a few less-than-impressive, but gritty, wins). The Griz also destroyed MSU, on the road. I'll fall back on the good old "turnovers and big plays determine this one", and expect this to be a tough game. As a Griz fan, I'll go homer for the Griz - but I'll quickly admit that it's only because of homerism. :)

Grizzlies82
December 13th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Seeding these teams is relatively easy;

1. Montana
2. Sam Houston
3/4 Georgia Dakota State Southern

BisonFan02
December 13th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Seeding these teams is relatively easy;

1. Montana
2. Sam Houston
3/4 Georgia Dakota State Southern

Really? I would argue the winner of NDSU/Georgia Southern is the favorite to win it all.

Grizzlies82
December 14th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Really? I would argue the winner of NDSU/Georgia Southern is the favorite to win it all.

BisonFan, just be grateful they'll be allowed to call themself "the runner up".

:)