PDA

View Full Version : 302 yards rushing vs. Alabama --- Not bad

GSU Eagle
November 19th, 2011, 04:11 PM
This game surprised me. I thought we would have trouble getting any first downs. The difference in the game really was our defense's inability to stop the steamroller that is the Alabama offense.

We scored more on Alabama than any team this year and rushed for 302 on the team who averaged giving up 51.9 rushing yards per game.

Alabama played their 1st team until the last 5 minutes of the game.

If you would have told me all these things before the game I would have certainly taken it.

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2011, 04:13 PM
GSU is the best team in the FCS, peaking at the right time

1andDone
November 19th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I guessed the watched the LSU film, run it on the corners with the option

GSU Eagle
November 19th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Congrats to Wofford on a big win today. I have no doubt we will either see Wofford or Appalachian St. again some time this playoffs.

CropDuster
November 19th, 2011, 04:16 PM
GSU completed one pass the whole game (40 yd TD) and stilled piled up 300 yards rushing.

seantaylor
November 19th, 2011, 04:26 PM
This game surprised me. I thought we would have trouble getting any first downs. The difference in the game really was our defense's inability to stop the steamroller that is the Alabama offense.

We scored more on Alabama than any team this year and rushed for 302 on the team who averaged giving up 51.9 rushing yards per game.

Alabama played their 1st team until the last 5 minutes of the game.

If you would have told me all these things before the game I would have certainly taken it.

They played their first team the ENTIRE game, including scoring on a pass with 40 seconds remaining and no GSU timeouts. This one was MUCH closer than the score. Our secondary didn't play well, but Brent Russell was head and shoulders better than anyone on Bama's D Line.