PDA

View Full Version : What Teams Are Now In? FINAL WEEKEND RESULTS

smcwildcat
November 19th, 2011, 03:23 PM
CAA - UNH, Maine, ODU, Towson (JMU? even UD??)

JmuSkinsfan
November 19th, 2011, 03:26 PM
JMU should be a lock ... if either Chatanooga or Southern Illinois lose JMU should be a lock ... if they aren't already.

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2011, 03:27 PM
JMU should be a lock ... if either Chatanooga or Southern Illinois lose JMU should be a lock ... if they aren't already.
Chattanooga won't make the playoffs

whitey
November 19th, 2011, 03:28 PM
If Delaware beats Villanova they finish with only 6 D1 wins. No chance the CAA gets 6. JMU needs the Mocs or Salukis to win and JMU should be a lock.

whitey
November 19th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Chattanooga won't make the playoffs

I think he meant to say if Chattanooga beats Wofford.

DoubleE
November 19th, 2011, 03:30 PM
YSU and looks like Indiana State are out

whitey
November 19th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Indiana State is still in it. Down by a TD with 14 minutes to go.

Squealofthepig
November 19th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Montana and Montana State from the Big Sky (yeah, I know).

And I'd also add JMU should be in - their four losses are to an FCS team and three playoff teams (@ODU, @UNH, vs. Maine). Road wins at Liberty, William and Mary and UMass, while maybe not signature quality, are still plenty good enough to get them in, I think.

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 03:36 PM
I think Wofford with out a win is I trouble and then enTire back end I f#^%Ed . Dood luck to DU

asknoquarter21
November 19th, 2011, 03:42 PM
YSU blew it today

They are off the bubble

JMUNJ08
November 19th, 2011, 03:44 PM
JMU is a lock as it looks like all?!?! Other bubble teams are goin down ISUb YSU ISUr and Wofford...with only ISUr being eligible. UCA is also in for sure at this point. No question there.

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2011, 03:45 PM
WOFFORD IS IN!!!!!!!!!!

whitey
November 19th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Well Wofford came back to win. They are a lock.

whitey
November 19th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Looks like Indiana State (currently losing 35-28 in the 4th), JMU, Illinois State and Central Arkansas for the final three spots. If the Salukis hold on for a win there is really little to debate.

asknoquarter21
November 19th, 2011, 03:46 PM
So only two at large left?

JMU
UCA

whitey
November 19th, 2011, 03:52 PM
These are locks:

Big Sky: Montana & Montana State
Big South: Liberty/SBU winner
CAA: Towson, UNH, Maine, ODU
MEAC: Norfolk State
MVC: NDSU, UNI
NEC: Albany
OVC: Eastern Kentucky/Tenn Tech (whoever wins the conference)
Patriot: Lehigh
Southern: Georgia Southern, Wofford, App State
Southland: Sam Houston State

That's 17 teams definitely in, imo.

You have UCA (8-3, 1 D2 win), JMU (7-4), Illinois State (7-4) and Indiana State (6-4, currently down by 7 with 3 minutes to go) for the final 3 spots. If Indiana State loses the 3 remaining at larges will go to UCA, JMU and Illinois State.

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Right now the teams that are certain locks are:
Montana
Montana State
Maine
Towson
New Hampshire
Old Dominion
NDSU
UNI
Wofford
GSU
Sam Houston State
Lehigh
Norfolk State
Big South Champ
NEC champ
OVC champ

these teams "should" make the playoffs
JMU
UCA
App State
Illinois State

I don't think there are better choices than from that of the above 4

BEAR
November 19th, 2011, 03:59 PM
These are locks:

Big Sky: Montana & Montana State
CAA: Towson, UNH, Maine, ODU
MVC: NDSU, UNI
Southland: Sam Houston State

That's 17 teams definitely in, imo.

You have UCA (8-3, 1 D2 win & a win vs. FBS transitional), JMU (7-4), Illinois State (7-4) and Indiana State (6-4, currently down by 7 with 3 minutes to go) for the final 3 spots. If Indiana State loses the 3 remaining at larges will go to UCA, JMU and Illinois State.

fixed it for you.

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2011, 04:01 PM
fixed it for you.

I think Illinois state beat Indiana State? in which case they should get the bid IMO

whitey
November 19th, 2011, 04:05 PM
SIU hangs on for the win! Nothing much to debate tonight.

tingly
November 19th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Eight at-larges look cinched for Appalachian St., James Madison, Montana St., Old Dominion, Maine, New Hampshire, Northern Iowa, Wofford.

I think Central Arkansas has one of the other 2. It'd be between Illinois St, Eastern Kentucky and, if they win, Jacksonville St. for the last spot by my figuring.

whitey
November 19th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Indiana State just lost and finishes at 6-5. Despite an FBS win they did not reach the 7 D1 win threshold. The field should look like this:

Big Sky: Montana, Montana State
CAA: Towson, UNH, Maine, ODU, JMU
MVC: NDSU, UNI, Illinois State
Southland: Sam Houston State, Central Arkansas

whitey
November 19th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Eight at-larges look cinched for Appalachian St., James Madison, Montana St., Old Dominion, Maine, New Hampshire, Northern Iowa, Wofford.

I think Central Arkansas has one of the other 2. It'd be between Illinois St, Eastern Kentucky and, if they win, Jacksonville St. for the last spot by my figuring.

Central Arkansas is definitely in. Jacksonville State lost to EKU. So they are out. EKU and Illinois State resumes look about even so Illinois State should get the at-large being from the more difficult conference.

whitey
November 19th, 2011, 04:16 PM
fixed it for you.

You didn't really have to fix it. I have Central Arkansas in before JMU. But now both of us should be able to sleep good tonight. Congrats on you first trip to the playoffs.

BucBisonAtLarge
November 19th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Are you hoping that the committee would not be distracted by a 9-2 record? Meet Duquesne, losers to only NEC champ Albany, and in the last minute 1st game of the season to a now 6-5 Bucknell. You may need to add that to your calculus.

tingly
November 19th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I didn't think to look at head-to-head. Sagarin and Massey agree that Illinois State has the tougher overall schedule, so I'll buy their getting the last spot.

Albany is only getting in from the auto-berth, so I think that should keep a lid on Duquesne. They look at NCAA's version of GPI for more than the championship handbook says to which should be the proverbial nail.

whitey
November 19th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Are you hoping that the committee would not be distracted by a 9-2 record? Meet Duquesne, losers to only NEC champ Albany, and in the last minute 1st game of the season to a now 6-5 Bucknell. You may need to add that to your calculus.

They won't take a 9-2 Duquense over a 7-4 team from the the CAA or MVC. 2 of Duquense's wins are over non-scholly Pioneer teams, while still D1 that will kill their chances especially coming from a weaker conference.

TTUEagles
November 19th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Tennessee Tech is in! They dominated today!

T-Dog
November 19th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Tennessee Tech is in! They dominated today!

Update that sig brother!

TTUEagles
November 19th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Thank you! I will soon!

JMUNJ08
November 19th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I know we have all said that JMU/UCA/ISUr should be the last 3 in so I decided to look at some of the other teams that may have a shot. JMU being #5 from the CAA is the most at risk as 'maybe' the #2 from a weaker conference will get a look:

SCSU 7-4 - Tied 2nd in MEAC with 2 FBS losses
BCU 8-3 - Tied 2nd in MEAC & win over league champ Norfolk St.
Duquesne - 9-2 2nd in NEC with 0 good wins
E. Kentucky - 7-4 Tied 1st in OVC with win over Jaxville St.
Georgetown - 8-3 Tied 2nd in Patriot with win over Holy Cross

Lehigh Football Nation
November 19th, 2011, 05:57 PM
All the eligible teams:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/79-college-sports-journal/chuck-burton/102-final-playoff-eligibility-list

jmufan999
November 19th, 2011, 06:02 PM
People are forgetting that UMass is FBS transitional too.

So if you give credit to UCA for beating Texas State, JMU needs to get the same consideration for beating UMass.

inpsite1919
November 19th, 2011, 06:05 PM
I know we have all said that JMU/UCA/ISUr should be the last 3 in so I decided to look at some of the other teams that may have a shot. JMU being #5 from the CAA is the most at risk as 'maybe' the #2 from a weaker conference will get a look:

SCSU beat BCU and lost in the final seconds against NSU. I Still don't feel that we deserve a playoff spot this year, because our offense and defense have struggled. I do think that if BCU's coach has a good run then they could make some noise.

katstrapper
November 19th, 2011, 06:05 PM
UCA is a team that is peaking at the right time. They are a team that could be a sleeper in making a deep run in the playoffs.

ekufbfan
November 19th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Re: What Teams Are Now In? FINAL WEEKEND RESULTS

EKU is 7-4, has 2 conferences losses and owns a share of the OVC Conf. title with TTU. Tenn Tech will get the auto bid because they beat EKU. As far as an at large bid for EKU, the EKU AD is on the selection committee (may have no baring on EKU 's chances either way). Personally as much as I would like to see us in the playoffs and make a run, don't see it happening, this EKU team is just missing something, otherwise we would have won last week at home against TTU and would never have lost to Peay (btw, from another thread speculating on the OVC tie scenario someone mentioned "EKU lost to Tenn State", that is incorrect EKU won that game.)