PDA

View Full Version : Alabama - GSU thread

GSU Eagle
November 19th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Alabama takes opening kick and moves down for FG. GSU now driving inside Alabama 20. So far GSU has driven the ball from its own 25 down inside Bama's 20.

GSU Eagle
November 19th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Blocked GSU field goal returned for a TD by Alabama. Now 10-0 Alabama. Well we had a chance to actually tie the game. Not the mountain to climb just to stay in the game just got steeper.

CropDuster
November 19th, 2011, 01:34 PM
GSU goes three and out on next possession.

GSU Eagle
November 19th, 2011, 01:42 PM
We just can't stop Alabama

GSUEagle08
November 19th, 2011, 01:47 PM
May be getting out of hand now...

GSU Eagle
November 19th, 2011, 01:51 PM
83 yard touchdown run by GSU. Now 17-7 Alabama. We already have about 150 yards rushing at this point, but we have shown no ability to stop Alabama.

eagle07
November 19th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Swope!

ericsaid
November 19th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Wow, SoCon showing their power in the SEC. may not be winning but still close games

CropDuster
November 19th, 2011, 02:12 PM
TDDDDDD

Toss fake for 40 yards!!!

Block-A
November 19th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Bama 31 GSU 21

4:20 left Q3

Good showing GSU, keep the pressure on them.

seantaylor
November 19th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Scumbag Nick Saban runs up the score at the end and the SEC officials made some of the most BS calls you will ever see in any level of football. GSU wins this game in Paulson with Socon officials

AppChicago
November 19th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Scumbag Nick Saban runs up the score at the end and the SEC officials made some of the most BS calls you will ever see in any level of football. GSU wins this game in Paulson with Socon officials

You really can't leave well enough alone, can you? Nevertheless, big ups to GSU for a well-played game and some amazing offense.

GSU Eagle
November 19th, 2011, 04:26 PM
OK let's not get carried away, but I was extremely proud of our effort today.

1andDone
November 19th, 2011, 04:28 PM

Would you rather he take a knee inside the 5?

seantaylor
November 19th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Would you rather he take a knee inside the 5?

That would have been better than passing the ball. It was 2nd down on the 4 and GSU just stuffed the run on first. 40 seconds with no timeouts. At worst, run the ball. Then, scumbag Bama players leave the field without shaking hands.

GSU EAGLES
November 19th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Our offense was shredding Bama's D all day. They kept their offensive and defensive starters in for the entire game and we managed 302 yards rushing, 339 total yards and 21 points which are each the most Bama has given up all year. Not to mention Bama could have taken a knee with 30 seconds left, but threw a TD pass for some BCS beauty points.

GSUEagle08
November 19th, 2011, 04:57 PM
No matter how heated the rivalry gets w/ GSU and Furman, App, etc, everyone shakes hands after the game.

Saban is a prick, so I guess it comes w/ the territory.

Maybe another Handshakegate? (j/k)

veinup
November 19th, 2011, 04:58 PM
great showing, GSU. good luck in the playoffs.

Wildcat80
November 19th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Good job!

OL FU
November 19th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Seriously no shaking hands? WTF?

Blue Eagle
November 19th, 2011, 06:16 PM

Instead of the whining why don't you show the same class that our BELOVED EAGLES showed today! Emphasize the positive not the negative!!!

Would I have done what Saban did at the end of the game I hope not. But with the "stupid" BCS that is what he almost had to do."Style" points you know!

The Eagles played with tremendous heart and were very competitive with the best team in the country until the end. That is what we should be discussing.

I suspect Coach Monken and the team would not want the Ga. Southern fans complaining about the officials or the way the game ended!

I have watched Ga. Southern football since 1984, and I am as proud of this team's performance today as any I can recall.

GO EAGLES
"JUST ONE MORE TIME"

Block-A
November 19th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Excellent showing, Eagles. You had some Alabama fans worried for sure.

I'm willing to bet they don't want to schedule you any more.

GSU_Alum08
November 19th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I don't blame them for that last td at all. We were calling timeouts. Wofford was calling timeouts last week and we went for it on 4th down with a minute left. On top of that, they need the beauty points because of the voters. Honestly, if they don't score that last td's, some voters look at what the score would have been, and put oregon over bama. It wasn't classless, but for Saban, it was necessary. not to mention, we were still calling timeouts. great showing by our team though. We put up more yards than any team has ever put up on a Nick Saban defense, and more yards than any other team this year, and they kept all their starters in the entire game. HAIL SOUTHERN!!!!

seantaylor
November 20th, 2011, 12:42 AM
I don't blame them for that last td at all. We were calling timeouts. Wofford was calling timeouts last week and we went for it on 4th down with a minute left. On top of that, they need the beauty points because of the voters. Honestly, if they don't score that last td's, some voters look at what the score would have been, and put oregon over bama. It wasn't classless, but for Saban, it was necessary. not to mention, we were still calling timeouts. great showing by our team though. We put up more yards than any team has ever put up on a Nick Saban defense, and more yards than any other team this year, and they kept all their starters in the entire game. HAIL SOUTHERN!!!!

But, we weren't still calling timeouts. We called a timeout 3 plays earlier. They get down to the 2, we don't call a timeout. 1st and goal at the 2 with a minute we stuff them for a 2 yard loss, no timeout. Under 40 seconds, these candy asses throw a pass.

eaglewraith
November 20th, 2011, 12:44 AM
But, we weren't still calling timeouts. We called a timeout 3 plays earlier. They get down to the 2, we don't call a timeout. 1st and goal at the 2 with a minute we stuff them for a 2 yard loss, no timeout. Under 40 seconds, these candy asses throw a pass.

Yea...it's not like they were on the 1 yard line when we called timeout. We called our last TO on 3rd and 8. We were trying to get the ball back with some time on the clock to see what we could do. Completely different situation than what happened with Wofford.

gsu6trophies
November 20th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Whatever, it's our job to stop them. It wasn't really that big of a deal. I was kind of bothered by it at first, but I don't think anyone was rubbing anything in. What was the talk about Bama not shaking hands at the end of the game?

eaglewraith
November 20th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Whatever, it's our job to stop them. It wasn't really that big of a deal. I was kind of bothered by it at first, but I don't think anyone was rubbing anything in. What was the talk about Bama not shaking hands at the end of the game?

They didn't. They left the field.

And we would have stopped them if we had of wrapped up on that run they had to get down to the 1. Had him dead to rights and the guy that got to him couldn't hold on.