PDA

View Full Version : The most dreaded question of all...

hebmskebm
November 18th, 2011, 01:38 AM
When the regular season is completed, do you think any FCS schools will drop their football programs? As a college football fan, it's the last thing you want to see happen, but this is the most likely time of the year for it if it were to happen. NAIA school West Virginia Tech has already shut down its program this week.

Cleets
November 18th, 2011, 01:58 AM
I predict Towson wins it all then shuts down it's football program 48 hours later...

Mr. C
November 18th, 2011, 02:52 AM
I predict Towson wins it all then shuts down it's football program 48 hours later...
Not a chance. How about Montana after another loss in the Brawl?

bonarae
November 18th, 2011, 05:48 AM
I'm not sure but all programs will probably be green-lighted for next season.

MTfan4life
November 18th, 2011, 06:40 AM

Montana...gives up football...Is Villanova giving up basketball in this scenario as well?

cannonballgsu
November 18th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Georgia Southern.

After this stellar year by ga state, we will be overshadowed by their success and no one will go to our games.

TheRevSFA
November 18th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Realistically..Nicholls State and Lamar U should shut down their programs :D

MplsBison
November 18th, 2011, 09:03 AM
What are the bottom 10 teams in terms of average attendance and in terms of revenue?

Those are the most likely - or they should be.

Sycamore51
November 18th, 2011, 09:03 AM
What about some of the PFL teams? I dont' see how San Diego does it. Valpo? I'm glad we're finally not in this discussio anymore.

andy7171
November 18th, 2011, 09:13 AM

Quit on top. Nice.

Grizalltheway
November 18th, 2011, 09:22 AM

Maybe App State after another playoff loss to Montana?

UIWWildthing
November 18th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Quit on top. Nice.
Retire with the belt huh?

PAllen
November 18th, 2011, 09:26 AM

I don't know. I was playing at Towson High School ( a block away from campus) when they announced they were shutting down the program in the early 90s. My dad picked me up from practice one day and said "What do you guys think about Towson dropping football?" That was a major WTF moment! From that moment on, the Tigers will always be "Towson State" to me.

And now we return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

M Ruler
November 18th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Maybe Penn State. I am actually serious. They cant possibly recover from this. Once this Jack *** Sandusky gets 400 years(or kills himself) how do they move on?

GSUhooligan
November 18th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Georgia State will probably chalk their football program up as a failed experiment and cut their losses.

SeattleGriz
November 18th, 2011, 09:48 AM
What about some of the PFL teams? I dont' see how San Diego does it. Valpo? I'm glad we're finally not in this discussio anymore.

I could be wrong, but believe some schools stay because they raid student fees heavily to help subsidize their football. For example, if you look at this USA database, Montana requires 6.41% from students, whereas JMU requires 83.78% to help pay for athletics. Once again, I may be reading the chart incorrectly.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/ncaa-finances.htm

Cleets
November 18th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Please make note of my EXEMPTION:
I'm allowed to make that sarcastic comment about Towson (state) because I used to live in Baltimore... (and they'll always be Towson State to me)
I went to High School in Baltimore
and spent a little college time there too

Plus - I work for a company based in Baltimore

jmu_duke07
November 18th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I heard from somewhere that Delaware may shut their program down.

KC Keeler said "...it's gotten out of hand. I can't take the name calling... 'sissy, cry baby, doo doo head' it's just outrageous. We also got hit by the defense on nearly every offensive possession and no one was punished by the commissioner. When did football become a physical sport?" Nearly every UD Fan agreed with KC on his points.

BisonLakes
November 18th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Please make note of my EXEMPTION:
I'm allowed to make that sarcastic comment about Towson (state) because I used to live in Baltimore... (and they'll always be Towson State to me)
I went to High School in Baltimore
and spent a little college time there too

Plus - I work for a company based in Baltimore

You're Opie?

UIWWildthing
November 18th, 2011, 12:58 PM
I don't know. I was playing at Towson High School ( a block away from campus) when they announced they were shutting down the program in the early 90s. My dad picked me up from practice one day and said "What do you guys think about Towson dropping football?" That was a major WTF moment! From that moment on, the Tigers will always be "Towson State" to me.

And now we return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
I have a sweatshirt I still wear (and fit in, and is in great shape) from my freshman year at Towson in 93 that says Towson State.

Side Judge
November 18th, 2011, 12:59 PM
ODU's program is on a long sad decline - they're gonna have to pull the plug at some point...