PDA

View Full Version : Elon vs Appalachian Predictions

SoCon48
November 17th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Elon 21
ASU 17

The officials win the game for the Phoenix.

md64179
November 18th, 2011, 06:45 AM
APP by 10

asumike83
November 18th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Complaining about officials in a game that has not even been played yet? Come on man!

I really have no idea how to predict this game. I think ASU is the better team but we are very inexperienced at key positions and have really struggled on the road all season. From all that I have read about this week's practices, the ASU coaches have really been stressing that this is a must-win for us to guarantee a playoff spot. However, we had our starting left tackle dismissed from the team this week, which will make an already struggling offensive line even thinner.

I do not share the same confidence as some of the App folks, this will be a tough game. I will go with my boys to gut one out on the road and earn themselves a week off and a home game.

ASU 34
Elon 28

Apphole
November 18th, 2011, 08:22 AM
This is a statement game so I think we come out strong. We lead by 21 at half time. After the half, Elon will come back and make it competitive. I predict 2 App injuries deliberately caused by the classless Elon thugs. Someone please put a mine field around Jamal's knees.

ElonPride
November 18th, 2011, 08:33 AM
I predict 2 App injuries deliberately caused by the classless Elon thugs.

Really want to go there again?

I predict App players will be arrested for DUI, assault, steroids, drugs and other criminal activities......Oh wait, that's already happened at App. App = Criminals. Criminals = Thugs.

ElonFirefighter
November 18th, 2011, 11:03 AM
I predict 2 App injuries deliberately caused by the classless Elon thugs.

Im sorry i guess we forgot what league App plays in

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b0/Seattle_Mist_hike.jpg/325px-Seattle_Mist_hike.jpg

theasushow
November 18th, 2011, 11:34 AM

I predict App players will be arrested for DUI, assault, steroids, drugs and other criminal activities......Oh wait, that's already happened at App. App = Criminals. Criminals = Thugs.

We may be thugs...but we are no Jamal Shuman. (Come on man!)

Skjellyfetti
November 18th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Im sorry i guess we forgot what league App plays in

Uhhh. Don't we play in the same league? xeyebrowx

Apphole
November 18th, 2011, 11:49 AM

Perhaps you're right. I mean after all, the knee tackling to injure AE wasn't the player's idea. They were just following coach's orders.

StorminASU
November 18th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I'm pretty positive Elon thinks they play in something similar to this

http://www.videogamecentral.com/product_images/e/312/n64-collectible-nfl-blitz__52416_zoom.jpg

SoCon48
November 18th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Complaining about officials in a game that has not even been played yet? Come on man!

I really have no idea how to predict this game. I think ASU is the better team but we are very inexperienced at key positions and have really struggled on the road all season. From all that I have read about this week's practices, the ASU coaches have really been stressing that this is a must-win for us to guarantee a playoff spot. However, we had our starting left tackle dismissed from the team this week, which will make an already struggling offensive line even thinner.

I do not share the same confidence as some of the App folks, this will be a tough game. I will go with my boys to gut one out on the road and earn themselves a week off and a home game.

ASU 34
Elon 28

That's based on experience in games played in Rhodes. On the MMB, there is a constant barage criticizing SoCon officials in games that haven't been played yet. Get over yourself.

fc97
November 18th, 2011, 12:02 PM
if elon has the officials on their side then they should be winning games

complaining about the refs we youve won since the 60s is just sad

asumike83
November 18th, 2011, 12:11 PM
That's based on experience in games played in Rhodes. On the MMB, there is a constant barage criticizing SoCon officials in games that haven't been played yet. Get over yourself.

Haven't we won every game played in Rhodes? Criticizing the admittedly poor SoCon officials is different than making pre-game excuses for a game that has not even happened yet. If we lose, it will not be because of the refs.

Saint3333
November 18th, 2011, 12:24 PM
My hope is Lembo's style of play left with him.

ASUMountaineer
November 18th, 2011, 12:26 PM

Everyone knows the SoCon refs are quadruple garbage, but that doesn't mean we will lose because of them.

BTW, you stormed off the MMB in a hissy like a child. If there's anyone that needs to get over themselves, it's you.

ElonPride
November 18th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Perhaps you're right. I mean after all, the knee tackling to injure AE wasn't the player's idea. They were just following coach's orders.

Weak.xrolleyesx

StorminASU
November 18th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Weak.xrolleyesx

You're right, it was pretty weak coaching to do that.

asumike83
November 18th, 2011, 12:56 PM

DUI does not mean thug, how else would the Police Department in a college town stay funded? :D

The only assault involving ASU players I can recall was a fight at a party in '04 and none of them ever played another down. Didn't Elon have a player arrested for assault just last year for pulling a guy out of his car at a stop light and beating him?

We both have had our bad apples. Let's keep it to the football field.

ElonPride
November 18th, 2011, 01:06 PM
DUI does not mean thug, how else would the Police Department in a college town stay funded? :D

The only assault involving ASU players I can recall was a fight at a party in '04 and none of them ever played another down. Didn't Elon have a player arrested for assault just last year for pulling a guy out of his car at a stop light and beating him?

We both have had our bad apples. Let's keep it to the football field.

As far as "criminal" activity. Elon's had one bad apple in what, a decade?......App's had NUMEROUS players arrested over the same time span. If an App fan is going to point towards Elon as being thugs, you needn't look further than your own program. But, as you say, each has their own bad apples. I leave this alone when your fans quit with the thug comments.

Anyway, asumike83.....you and Saint are probably the only App fans from AGS that would be worth sitting down to have a beer with withxthumbsupx

ElonFirefighter
November 18th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Anyway, asumike83.....you and Saint are probably the only App fans from AGS that would be worth sitting down to have a beer with withxthumbsupx xbeerdrinkx ill second that xbeerdrinkx

asumike83
November 18th, 2011, 01:26 PM
As far as "criminal" activity. Elon's had one bad apple in what, a decade?......App's had NUMEROUS players arrested over the same time span. If an App fan is going to point towards Elon as being thugs, you needn't look further than your own program. But, as you say, each has their own bad apples. I leave this alone when your fans quit with the thug comments.

Anyway, asumike83.....you and Saint are probably the only App fans from AGS that would be worth sitting down to have a beer with withxthumbsupx

My point was just that making a bad decision and doing something stupid (drinking citation, pot arrest, DUI, etc.) does not necessarily mean thug. Dumb move? Absolutely, but I associate that word more with violent crimes, of which ASU has only had one that I can ever recall (the party fight incident). In any event, I can see where you're coming from and I would have the same reaction (obviously) to similar comments made about my program. I'm not big on classifying any entire program as thugs, I think people just like to ruffle feathers with comments like that.

Well thank you, just give us a chance! There are a ton of ASU fans worth grabbing a beer with. I will be at Rhodes with a big group of ASU and Elon folks doing just that before the game tomorrow! xbeerdrinkx

ASUMountaineer
November 18th, 2011, 01:35 PM

Well, that really hurts...really. My aunt and uncle live near Huffman Mill Rd. Burlington is a nice town, but now that I know I'm not welcome...I'm not sure I can show my face there again. xbawlingx ;)

ElonPride
November 18th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Well, that really hurts...really. My aunt and uncle live near Huffman Mill Rd. Burlington is a nice town, but now that I know I'm not welcome...I'm not sure I can show my face there again. xbawlingx ;)

Didn't say you weren't welcome in Burlington as Elon's not in Burlington :)

All kidding aside, safe travels to all the App fans making their way to the game. Here's to a good injury free contest.

ASUMountaineer
November 18th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Didn't say you weren't welcome in Burlington as Elon's not in Burlington :)

All kidding aside, safe travels to all the App fans making their way to the game. Here's to a good injury free contest.

HA! Growing up in Greensboro, Elon will always be in Burlington to me. :)

I second your comments. xthumbsupx

ElonPride
November 18th, 2011, 01:50 PM
HA! Growing up in Greensboro, Elon will always be in Burlington to me. :)

I second your comments. xthumbsupx

What HS did you attend? I'm originally from High Point.

asumike83
November 18th, 2011, 01:58 PM
xbeerdrinkx ill second that xbeerdrinkx

You are much too kind. I will be having several beers with some Elon friends shortly, we chartered a bus to take us round-trip from Charlotte for the game tomorrow. I'm just hoping my beers on the way home are of the celebratory variety, as opposed to the pain-numbing!

Saint3333
November 18th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Eastern Alamance HS here and yes Elon will be Burlington to me as well. My Mother played three sports for the Fightin' Christians back in the 70's, but will be wearing black and gold on Saturday ;-).

One day I'm going to take you Eloners up on those drinks.

Reign of Terrier
November 18th, 2011, 04:09 PM
If Elon scores a lot of points and doesn't turn the ball over, they win. This is a trap game now that I think of it

Saint3333
November 18th, 2011, 04:34 PM
If ASU scores a lot of points and doesn't turn the ball over, they win.

YT that was weak.

Reign of Terrier
November 18th, 2011, 04:37 PM
If ASU scores a lot of points and doesn't turn the ball over, they win.

YT that was weak.

App's offense is too inconsistent for me to be confident that they will outscore Elon if Elon doesn't turn the ball over. Elon has had a great offense all year, the turnovers have killed them though

asknoquarter21
November 18th, 2011, 04:56 PM
App's offense is too inconsistent for me to be confident that they will outscore Elon if Elon doesn't turn the ball over. Elon has had a great offense all year, the turnovers have killed them though

I agree, App has magically turned into a terrible team that week in and week out we should predict to lose because they just aren't good anymore.

[/sarcasm]

ElonPride
November 18th, 2011, 05:04 PM

inconsistent has been the name of the offensive game for Elon this season. 5 turnovers here, 3 turnovers there......

ASUMountaineer
November 18th, 2011, 06:19 PM
What HS did you attend? I'm originally from High Point.

Well, we moved before HS to Trinity. I went to Trinity High School. Spent quite a bit of time in HP though.

ElonPride
November 18th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Well, we moved before HS to Trinity. I went to Trinity High School. Spent quite a bit of time in HP though.

Ha.....small world. I went to High Point Central.
Central and Trinity were in the same conference when I was in HS. I played basketball in middle/HS against two kids from Trinity who ended up playing at Elon, Adam Roberts and Ken Spell. Man, that was quite some time ago.......xeekx

Mountaineer#96
November 18th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Apps roll over the flaming chickens 30 -14.

As for who has the thugs I'm pretty sure this guy takes the cake for any thug chat......
http://images.onset.freedom.com/burlington/gallery/lu1ajf-lu1aj8lu0n1alu0mzc2elonjamalshumanmug.jpg

http://deadspin.com/5854783/the-sad-saga-of-a-college-football-player-who-didnt-understand-how-twitter-works/gallery/1

ElonPride
November 18th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Apps roll over the flaming chickens 30 -14.

As for who has the thugs I'm pretty sure this guy takes the cake for any thug chat......
]

Thugs = Criminals. Criminals = App State.
.....DUIs, steroids, assaults.......numerous arrests.....that's App State football!

Criminals.

gsu6trophies
November 18th, 2011, 08:29 PM
I think the secret to victory for Elon is to score more points during the game than APP State does.

Skjellyfetti
November 18th, 2011, 08:34 PM
.....DUIs, steroids, assaults.......numerous arrests.....that's App State football!

Criminals.

And Elon never has anyone arrested. xrolleyesx

Arrests are a fact of life when you are dealing with young adults given more freedom than most have experienced before... and lacking the maturity to to deal with it in a lot of cases.

It happens. Even at Elon. xeekx
http://www.elon.edu/pendulum/Story.aspx?id=4512

fc97
November 18th, 2011, 08:40 PM
no appalachian fan has said the number of arrests over the past ten years

elon has had 1 for an enrolled player

appalachian has had more this year

elon suspends players from the team

appalachian lets some arrested players play

who has the criminals on the team?

Mountaineer#96
November 18th, 2011, 08:54 PM

appalachian lets some arrested players play

who has the criminals on the team?

A history professor once told me. "Anything written down as truth needs to have a reference with it. Otherwise, I'll just throw it in the trash can."

phoenixphanatic21
November 18th, 2011, 08:55 PM
I think the secret to victory for Elon is to score more points during the game than APP State does.

I see we have a future John Madden in our midst.

biggie
November 18th, 2011, 08:57 PM
To my knowledge no one for App has been arrested this year. Coco for a DUI 2 years (offseason) was the last I remember.

Mountaineer#96
November 18th, 2011, 08:58 PM

Criminals.

You might have us all there.....App State did steal this in 2009 from you guys........maybe they should have charged the whole team with grand theft.
http://www.appfan.com.php5-20.websitetestlink.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/hahahahaha.jpg

Mountaineer#96
November 18th, 2011, 08:59 PM
http://www.appfan.com.php5-20.websitetestlink.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/feenixchampsowned.jpg

Skjellyfetti
November 18th, 2011, 09:12 PM

Hmmm. You sure about that? xeyebrowx

Link?

Shuman was arrested in November 2010... a year ago. Know of any App football players arrested in the last year? I don't. xblahxxnonox

asumike83
November 18th, 2011, 09:18 PM

Criminals.

Come on, really? The last ASU player in legal trouble was an off-season DUI for CoCo Hillary 2 years ago.

Neither of these teams are thugs. Both sides, let it go.

ASU_Fanatic
November 18th, 2011, 09:38 PM
App pulls it out, 23-21

ElonPride
November 18th, 2011, 10:20 PM
And Elon never has anyone arrested. xrolleyesx

Arrests are a fact of life when you are dealing with young adults given more freedom than most have experienced before... and lacking the maturity to to deal with it in a lot of cases.

It happens. Even at Elon. xeekx
http://www.elon.edu/pendulum/Story.aspx?id=4512

Again, 1 in a decade for Elon......it's happened NUMEROUS times at App in that same time frame kyjeylly. You guys don't have the squeaky clean program up on the mountain you portray.

Again, ASSAULTS, STEROIDS, DUIS......history speaks for itself. Criminals.

asumike, I'll let this go when your own fans own up to it and quit calling Elon a team of thugs. Because what's come off the mountain has been far worse.

cbarrier90
November 18th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Again, 1 in a decade for Elon......it's happened NUMEROUS times at App in that same time frame kyjeylly. You guys don't have the squeaky clean program up on the mountain you portray.

asumike, I'll let this go when your own fans own up to it and quit calling Elon a team of thugs. Because what's come off the mountain has been far worse.

Good grief, is it Saturday yet?

Skjellyfetti
November 18th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Again, 1 in a decade for Elon......

Again.

You need to get your facts straight. xrolleyesx

http://images.onset.freedom.com/burlington/1187924791-24andreasplatt.jpg

Platt, 21, highly regarded for his speed and athleticism at the safety position, has been charged by Elon police with possession of stolen goods. He’s accused of having a 26-inch LCD TV that didn’t belong to him.

Platt was placed on team suspension when coach Pete Lembo learned of the arrest. The junior from Greensboro hadn’t participated in practices and other training camp activities this week.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/sports/elon-5139-platt-school.html

This stuff happens EVERYWHERE.

Yes. Even Elon. xrolleyesxxsmhx

whoanellie
November 18th, 2011, 10:51 PM
this SOB was kicked out of school and never saw the the practice field.... Pete took care of it. so just shut the **** up and not leave any doubt of your ignorance
so tired of all the Bull**** you guys try to perpatrate **** you and all your *** hole brethern. take a lap!!!
Again.

ElonPride
November 18th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Again.

Oh, but look at that. He never played a down at Elon (unlike what happens at App). And BTW Jelly, you need to correct you post above regarding Shuman (post #45). Get your facts straight.

ASSAULTS, STEROIDS, DUIS......

whoanellie
November 18th, 2011, 10:53 PM
you don't know dick!!

ASU 34
Elon 28

whoanellie
November 18th, 2011, 10:55 PM
oh hell yea We will mame your asses you will have to activate at least 6 redshirts go to hell appleAchin.
This is a statement game so I think we come out strong. We lead by 21 at half time. After the half, Elon will come back and make it competitive. I predict 2 App injuries deliberately caused by the classless Elon thugs. Someone please put a mine field around Jamal's knees.

ElonPride
November 18th, 2011, 10:56 PM
you don't know dick!!

Calm down whoanellie.......asumike is honestly one of the good ASU posters!

You been drinkin' or something man? Geez.....

asumike83
November 19th, 2011, 07:31 AM
this SOB was kicked out of school and never saw the the practice field.... Pete took care of it. so just shut the **** up and not leave any doubt of your ignorance
so tired of all the Bull**** you guys try to perpatrate **** you and all your *** hole brethern. take a lap!!!

you don't know dick!!

oh hell yea We will mame your asses you will have to activate at least 6 redshirts go to hell appleAchin.

It is only a message board my friend, just breathe...

ASUMountaineer
November 19th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Ha.....small world. I went to High Point Central.
Central and Trinity were in the same conference when I was in HS. I played basketball in middle/HS against two kids from Trinity who ended up playing at Elon, Adam Roberts and Ken Spell. Man, that was quite some time ago.......xeekx

HA! I used to play tennis against HPC. Ken Spell sounds familiar, a guy named Ben Spell used to live in my neighborhood. When did you graduate from HPC (not High Point College :))

ASUMountaineer
November 19th, 2011, 07:37 AM

I think you misspelled Appalachian. I'll let it slide though as you obviously take message boards a bit seriously. The good news is, there is help. xthumbsupx

http://www.elon.edu/e-web/academics/elon_college/psychology/

ASUMountaineer
November 19th, 2011, 07:38 AM
you don't know dick!!

This is an awesome post. Well-thought-out, intelligent, considerate. Well done nellie, well done. xsmileyclapx

elon77
November 19th, 2011, 08:06 AM
I thought Citdog always said the "STINK" had all the convicts, crooks, and thieves?

asumike83
November 19th, 2011, 08:27 AM
I thought Citdog always said the "STINK" had all the convicts, crooks, and thieves?

What ever happened to that guy? If nothing else, his posts were quite amusing.

Laserlips
November 19th, 2011, 10:31 AM
What ever happened to that guy? If nothing else, his posts were quite amusing.

asu:

Actually, IMO, the vast majority of his posts were offensive in some manner or another..

To me anyway.

Jesse

AppMAN04
November 19th, 2011, 10:35 AM
This game wont be close at all.. Elon beat Furman.. whooptee effn dooo... They talk a mean game but will lose to us everytime

YOSEF- 35
Fighting Christians-17

ElonPride
November 19th, 2011, 11:35 AM
HA! I used to play tennis against HPC. Ken Spell sounds familiar, a guy named Ben Spell used to live in my neighborhood. When did you graduate from HPC (not High Point College :))

I graduated from Central in '96....played baseball, summer league basketball (can't remember the name of the league, but that's where I played against Spell and Roberts) and was in marching band. That's when our band was considered the "Pride of the Piedmont" with 230 people in the band. About a quarter of the school was in marching band at the time. That was a ***** ton of fun......going to every football game for free when your team is ranked #1 in the state!

T-Dog
November 19th, 2011, 11:44 AM
The only player I can remember getting arrested in the last 6 years at ASU was CoCo for DUI during the 2009 offseason and he was suspended for multiple games.

I lost it at the claim of having arrests for steroids. xlolx

http://deadspin.com/5550367/the-one-where-the-elon-baseball-team-will-fight-you-over-anything

SoCon48
November 19th, 2011, 07:46 PM
You might have us all there.....App State did steal this in 2009 from you guys........maybe they should have charged the whole team with grand theft.
http://www.appfan.com.php5-20.websitetestlink.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/hahahahaha.jpg

Post of the millenium. :>)

ElonPride
November 19th, 2011, 07:49 PM
I lost it at the claim of having arrests for steroids. xlolx

Not a claim, fact:
http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=22007

appst97
November 19th, 2011, 08:59 PM
You are having to go back to 04!!!!???

ElonPride
November 19th, 2011, 09:02 PM
You are having to go back to 04!!!!???

And the problem is??? You guys have been citing back to 1964 all week.

Saint3333
November 19th, 2011, 09:12 PM
I'm just glad ASU's players woke up after spotting Elon 21 points. ASU does have the best group of ball catching athletes (WR, TE, RB) as anyone I've ever seen at this level. We'll need them as ASU will only go as far as the oline can take them which is likely no further than the quarterfinals

Comments about Elon:

I think Mellette is a better talent than Hudgins, he has as good of hands, but has better body control and top end speed, Hudgins was a better blocker. I also think Elon has a solid coach, likely will not be there by 2015.

fc97
November 20th, 2011, 08:13 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/03/10/appalachianstate.arrests.ap/index.html
09 two arrested in assault and burglary

http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/2010/oct/06/asu-basketball-player-breeze-arrested-drug-charges-ar-439258/
basketball player arrested on drug charges

http://www.theapp.appstate.edu/archives_03_04/02-24-04/news/general_1.html
arrested for steroids

http://www.thestate.com/2010/03/15/1202465/hillary-requests-jury-trial-following.html
DUI, requests jury trial, still played

and then there's the two players this year with the rape, they have lawyers, its on your board

it doesnt really matter. we got railed for what shuman did, but your player does it weeks later in a real racist tantrum and it goes pretty much ignored on here. ward is arrested and its all over this place, you guys have rape suspects and it is ignored here

your fans want to drag everyone through the dirt

T-Dog
November 23rd, 2011, 08:41 PM

What about former players who had their number retired?

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars.Offense.do?submit=submit&case=7502011057112&court=CR

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2011, 08:43 PM

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars.Offense.do?submit=submit&case=7502011057112&court=CR

I got nothing from that link

T-Dog
November 23rd, 2011, 08:49 PM
Arraigned Offenses for Case Number: 2011057112 CR
Arraigned Defendant Name: RIDDLE,JAMES,SCOTT
County: RANDOLPH
Court Date: 12/05/2011
Session: PM
Court Room: 003B

Offense Code Description Statute
5310 Misdemeanor RESISTING PUBLIC OFFICER 14-223
1391 Misdemeanor ASSAULT GOVT OFFICIAL/EMPLY 14-33(C)(4)

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2011, 08:51 PM

I don't think it was any secret that Riddle was somewhat of a tool

appst97
November 23rd, 2011, 11:05 PM

He must have been out on bail. I'm sure he was the one pumping my gas at the BP in Greensboro.

ElonPride
November 24th, 2011, 12:16 AM

What about it?

All the App incidents mentioned in this thread happened under the watch of Moore (with the exception of the bball one mentioned by fc97). NUMEROUS examples of criminal activity and "thugs." xrolleyesx

You guys do belong in FBS......you'll fit right in.

Here is a quote from Matthew Robinson - Professor of Government and Justice Studies at App:
"Let’s review recent scandals (and should-have-been scandals) involving some of the “big boy” Division-I football teams like Auburn, Miami, Florida State, Florida, Southern Cal, Ohio State, Oregon and Penn State.
Universities are paying players, players are systematically cheating in classes, players are being supplied with prostitutes, multiple arrests for all kinds of crimes including major theft, assault and rape are occurring, state funds are being used inappropriately and child rape is not being reported.
Yes, that is where Appalachian State football should be – with the “big boys.”
And for the record, I have requested an answer to two questions I feel are the most important questions that should be addressed prior to making a decision about moving up to FBS football.
1. What percentage of schools that move up to play with the “big boys” are successful on the field?
2. What percentage of schools that move up to play with the “big boys” actually make money or don’t lose more?
I’m still waiting on the answers."

I guess he doesn't know the history of your program. But he proves a point......you'll fit right in with other FBS programs. Make the move, you're ready!!!!

cbarrier90
November 24th, 2011, 12:41 AM
What about it?

All the App incidents mentioned in this thread happened under the watch of Moore (with the exception of the bball one mentioned by fc97). NUMEROUS examples of criminal activity and "thugs." xrolleyesx

You guys do belong in FBS......you'll fit right in.

Here is a quote from Matthew Robinson - Professor of Government and Justice Studies at App:
"Let’s review recent scandals (and should-have-been scandals) involving some of the “big boy” Division-I football teams like Auburn, Miami, Florida State, Florida, Southern Cal, Ohio State, Oregon and Penn State.
Universities are paying players, players are systematically cheating in classes, players are being supplied with prostitutes, multiple arrests for all kinds of crimes including major theft, assault and rape are occurring, state funds are being used inappropriately and child rape is not being reported.
Yes, that is where Appalachian State football should be – with the “big boys.”
And for the record, I have requested an answer to two questions I feel are the most important questions that should be addressed prior to making a decision about moving up to FBS football.
1. What percentage of schools that move up to play with the “big boys” are successful on the field?
2. What percentage of schools that move up to play with the “big boys” actually make money or don’t lose more?
I’m still waiting on the answers."

I guess he doesn't know the history of your program. But he proves a point......you'll fit right in with other FBS programs. Make the move, you're ready!!!!

What's this? A university professor NOT in favor of something related to athletics in a college setting? Well, color me shocked...

T-Dog
November 24th, 2011, 01:42 AM
3 arrests in 8 years = a culture of thugs. xlolx

fc97
November 24th, 2011, 08:34 AM

you're posting something that happened after his elon career? that's what you come back with? that's pathetic.

phoenix3
November 24th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Again.

This winner was a transfer from Duke. What I heard was he had gotten into trouble with one of his professors at Duke, no arrests were made there to my knowledge. He participated in Spring ball then ripped off a TV shortly after that if I remember correctly. I freely admit this was thuggish behavior exhibited by this kid. He was kicked off the team immediately, which was exactly what should have happened.

You don't always know what you're getting when you bring some of these kids on board. It's what you do about the problem kids that defines your program.

paul1978
November 24th, 2011, 11:38 AM
App St by 13

Blueandwhitefightfight
November 24th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Newsflash:

Anytime you have 100 or so college guys together for an extended period of time in a group, someone is going to do something stupid. Whether it be a football team, fraternity, keg party, etc. Someone is going to act out and do something foolish.

I think it's funny some of you act like you are new to this concept.

T-Dog
November 24th, 2011, 02:44 PM
you're posting something that happened after his elon career? that's what you come back with? that's pathetic.

One of the articles posted about us is a player after his App St career.

You don't always know what you're getting when you bring some of these kids on board. It's what you do about the problem kids that defines your program.

Bingo. Out of the 3 App St arrests in the last 8 years, 2 never saw the field again and the 3rd (Hilary's DUI) was suspended for multiple games. In contrast, Hilary's younger brother who was charged with the same thing didn't miss a single game down at South Carolina under Spurrier.

You can recruit and bring in an entire roster of players with clean slates, but there's no guarantees what happens when they arrive.

ElonPride
November 24th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Newsflash:

Anytime you have 100 or so college guys together for an extended period of time in a group, someone is going to do something stupid. Whether it be a football team, fraternity, keg party, etc. Someone is going to act out and do something foolish.

I think it's funny some of you act like you are new to this concept.

Not acting like it's a new concept. It just happens in greater frequency at App (more than 3 in 8 years) than at Elon. The point I'm trying to make is that if App fans want to call Elon thugs, they needn't look any further than their own program.

TDOG: If I remember correctly, Aramis Hillary did NOT see the field again at USC. He was suspended indefinitely and transferred to CCU.

fc97
November 25th, 2011, 06:34 AM
which article is about a former player

each article states, in present tense, that the players in questions are football players and one a basketball player

3 football players in 8 years that google gave results for on the first search result

there are still the two from this year

there are others from other years too

yes elon has had 2 since 1994 that i can find, one of the players never saw a game. hamilton enrolled the kid and he was gone by summer. ward was a starter and all conference player, off the team as soon as it happened.

appalachian and elon are not comparable. there has been far more criminal activity at appalachian so far.

asumike83
November 25th, 2011, 09:25 AM
yes elon has had 2 since 1994 that i can find, one of the players never saw a game. hamilton enrolled the kid and he was gone by summer. ward was a starter and all conference player, off the team as soon as it happened.

appalachian and elon are not comparable. there has been far more criminal activity at appalachian so far.

"So far" being the operative phrase. Elon has only been a full Division I school since 2000 and it is no coincidence that both instances you mention have happened since 2007, when your football program began to improve. The unfortunate fact is that a sense of entitlement sometimes comes along with getting good players and they think they can do whatever they want. This is not specific to ASU, Elon or any other school.

I honestly cannot believe this name-calling match is still going on a week after the game. I know that Jerry Moore has integrity and from what I know, Elon runs a clean program as well. You could count the number of arrests that both football programs have had combined in the last 5 years on one hand. Neither of these teams are thugs, time to move on gentlemen.

ElonPride
November 25th, 2011, 01:41 PM
"So far" being the operative phrase. Elon has only been a full Division I school since 2000 and it is no coincidence that both instances you mention have happened since 2007, when your football program began to improve. The unfortunate fact is that a sense of entitlement sometimes comes along with getting good players and they think they can do whatever they want. This is not specific to ASU, Elon or any other school.

I honestly cannot believe this name-calling match is still going on a week after the game. I know that Jerry Moore has integrity and from what I know, Elon runs a clean program as well. You could count the number of arrests that both football programs have had combined in the last 5 years on one hand. Neither of these teams are thugs, time to move on gentlemen.

Cooler head prevails......moving on....

Skjellyfetti
November 27th, 2011, 07:34 PM
for fc97...

Beloved Elon QB, Scott Riddle, was arrested over the weekend for Resisting Public Officer and Assault Government Official.

Thought Elon was immune to this sort of thing. :(

elon77
November 27th, 2011, 07:45 PM
for fc97...

Beloved Elon QB, Scott Riddle, was arrested over the weekend for Resisting Public Officer and Assault Government Official.

Thought Elon was immune to this sort of thing. :(

Do grads count? If so the lists could really grow.

proasu89
November 27th, 2011, 08:18 PM
App St by 13

I see it being a lot closer. We get down early but I predict we win by less than a touchdown. xnodx
Of course I'm being a smartass while you are probably confused, thinking this is the App v. Maine thread.xlolx I mean what two schools don't talk about each others dirty laundry two weeks after the game is overxcoffeex