PDA

View Full Version : Elon needs some "Karma" from everyone to help us out vs App St.

whoanellie
November 17th, 2011, 08:20 PM
This Saturday Elon is facing ASU in another football encounter. I know this thread will be bombarded by the Mountaineer faithful. but However there are other fan bases out there in FCS land that do not pull for the Apps. In fact some folks out there could benefit from an Elon victory. We are due. Let me list a few incentives.
We have not beaten this school in football since 1964. That goes back to the LBJ administration
That should be enough.
At 5-5 We do have the opportunity to have a winning season and are fresh off the upset win at Furman. Several school's should be pleased at that as well.
We just need to exorcise this demon off our soul. For the sake of fairplay & the stability of price of Peanut Butter in the free market. . A lot of scenarios open up with an Elon win.
We need your help!!! Just add your well wishes below.

Skjellyfetti
November 17th, 2011, 08:52 PM
http://oi42.tinypic.com/fp5mvo.jpg
http://oi41.tinypic.com/294ozl2.jpg
http://oi43.tinypic.com/25jb7na.jpg
http://oi41.tinypic.com/e6ok02.jpg

cbarrier90
November 17th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I know this thread will be bombarded by the Mountaineer faithful. However there are other fan bases out there in FCS land that do not pull for the Apps.

Logically, that would be every other fan base besides Appalachian's, no?

Good luck! xthumbsupx

SoCon48
November 17th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Elon beat Furman. App didn't. The SoCon officials in Rhodes are hard to beat. Elon considers App a rival. App considers Elon a rival after WCU, GSU, Furman, Wofford and even ECU. I haven't checked but I think an Elon win makes them 6-5. A loss makes them 5-6 if memory serves correctly.
App is having tremendous problems at the OL.
The Phoenix will be trying to stop a losing streak vs ASU that goes back to 1964. It's easy to see who will be most motivated.

SoCon48
November 17th, 2011, 11:17 PM
This Saturday Elon is facing ASU in another football encounter. I know this thread will be bombarded by the Mountaineer faithful. but However there are other fan bases out there in FCS land that do not pull for the Apps. In fact some folks out there could benefit from an Elon victory. We are due. Let me list a few incentives.
We have not beaten this school in football since 1964. That goes back to the LBJ administration
That should be enough.
At 5-5 We do have the opportunity to have a winning season and are fresh off the upset win at Furman. Several school's should be pleased at that as well.
We just need to exorcise this demon off our soul. For the sake of fairplay & the stability of price of Peanut Butter in the free market. . A lot of scenarios open up with an Elon win.

Lots of luck and all of it bad. ;>)

fc97
November 18th, 2011, 05:15 AM
socon48, app considers elon a rival

your fans are making t-shirts for the game

your fans continue to post in every elon thread

your fans continue to post the socon champs banner

your fans continue to talk about riddle, lembo and hudgins

your fans continue to talk about knees

your fans continue to make pet names for elon

your fans come to elon in numbers that you don't see anywhere else but western carolina

your fans continue to talk about the game, the series, the players and all the above and continue to stress it isnt a rivalry

sorry, this is a rivalry, otherwise you guys just wouldnt care this much

whoanellie
November 18th, 2011, 05:33 AM
thank you

AppStsGr8
November 18th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Personally, I'm looking forward to another game at Rhodes Stadium. If the App team that played GaSo shows up, it could be a long day for the Phoenix. That's a pretty big "if". App has not played stellar football outside of KBS this year.

Elon is playing for a winning season (currently 5-5). App is playing for a playoff spot and, hopefully, first round bye. Both teams have lots to play for.

I was struck in 2009 with the SoCon title on the line by the Elon students leaving in droves about half-time. It seems the Greeks had scheduled formals or some such for the same night. Hopefully, both fan bases will stay until 0:00 cheering for their teams this year.

See you at Elon. GO APP!!!!!!

asumike83
November 18th, 2011, 06:53 AM
your fans come to elon in numbers that you don't see anywhere else but western carolina

Not exactly. We had a ton of fans at Furman, The Citadel and VT (Wofford is the one game I have not attended this year, so I cannot speak to that). Proportionately it is more because your stadium holds about 5-10K less than FU and The Citadel but we travel pretty well regardless.

Personally, I consider every SoCon team a rival. I may get a little more fired up for GSU but any conference game is huge.

ElonPride
November 18th, 2011, 07:44 AM
It's been a "week of upsets" for Elon:

Win at #17 Furman
Men's Soccer wins the SoCon title
Men's basketball beats South Carolina

It would be nice to see the trend continue to this weekend.

Here's to a good game. Safe travels to all making it over to Rhodes.

ASUMountaineer
November 18th, 2011, 07:46 AM
socon48, app considers elon a rival

your fans continue to talk about the game, the series, the players and all the above and continue to stress it isnt a rivalry

I can't believe I'm going to defend SoCon48, but he did say App considers EU a rival.

App considers Elon a rival after WCU, GSU, Furman, Wofford and even ECU

Skjellyfetti
November 18th, 2011, 07:53 AM
sorry, this is a rivalry

Doesn't look like a rivalry to me.

Appattk
November 18th, 2011, 08:46 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2750/4108807493_1ca31f9420_z.jpg

Elon certainly does have a beautiful campus...

Eagle22
November 18th, 2011, 08:52 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2750/4108807493_1ca31f9420_z.jpg

Elon certainly does have a beautiful campus...

lol

App = Marcia
Elon = Jan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yZHveWFvqM

SpeedkingATL
November 18th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Go Apps! Please show up ready to play on Saturday.

Apphole
November 18th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Rivals? Get in line Elon. Don't you know that, aside from a few AARP Furple/Stink fans, we are every school in the conference's number one rival? I'd say you on our list at about fifth behind GaSo, Wofford, Furman and Western.

fc97
November 18th, 2011, 09:56 AM
but your have more posts in elon threads than elon fans

and no one asked you

ElonFirefighter
November 18th, 2011, 10:24 AM

and no one asked you
xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

asumike83
November 18th, 2011, 10:27 AM

and no one asked you

In fairness, this is also an App thread and our fans have more posts than Elon fans in every thread because there are a lot more of us.

But yes, you are a SoCon team and therefore, a rival.

AppAlum2003
November 18th, 2011, 10:30 AM

and no one asked you

Oh, is this an "Elon thread"? Sorry, I thought I read the words "App St." in the title. Sorry guys... sorry, won't happen again!

T-Dog
November 18th, 2011, 10:31 AM

One fan brought up the idea and no one cared.

Well yeah, that's who we play tomorrow.

Because it was a great moment in stupidity and Murphy's Law.

Lembo and Hudgins, no. Riddle, yes and I can get El Citadel fans to vouch for us.

Then your players should have intentionally tried to injure Armanti's knee two years in a row.

That doesn't make you any more special than the Furballs, Little Sammy, the Ankle Biters, Smelly, the Cant-Amounts, the Bellhops or the Moccasins

We have thousands of alumni on Tobacco Road. It's the easiest commute to any away game for the majority of our fanbase.

We care because it's a conference game. Football kind of a big deal to us App fans so every game is important.

Saint3333
November 18th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I believe this is also an ASU thread.

Making t-shirts for Elon. Someone mentioned this on the MMB and got laughed off the board.

ASU travels well to all games. Elon is closer for ASU's eastern NC alumni so yep they travel well to that game. ASU has more alumni in the triangle than Elon does.

I can't comment on whether a loss to Elon would hurt worse than a loss to a rival because it hasn't happened in my lifetime. I do know that a loss to Elon in basketball isn't as tough a loss as it is against DC, WCU, UTC, or even CofC.

This is Elon's best chance at a win probably ever, even the 2009 season. I hope they look better on the road than they have the rest of the season, reminds me of 2004.

StorminASU
November 18th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Proposed AGS bylaw 135-A:
"Any thread that an Elon fan deems an Elon thread shall surely be a pure Elon thread from that moment forward. Said moment of reclassification does not have to be published, only cohesively agreed upon by the Elon masses...uh..err. tens. After a thread is deemed an Elon thread, other schools are:
1) banned from participation despite their team being mentioned, mocked, slammed, smacked, etc., or
2) mocked upon participation, even if they're taking up for their team, or
3) allowed to post, but said posts will be counted and compared to the total of Elon posts. No matter which is greater, the above rule will always take precedent and the thread will remain an Elon only thread."

AGSers please keep this new proposed rule in mind when arguing with Elon fans. Thank you for your cooperation

Skjellyfetti
November 18th, 2011, 10:48 AM
"Any thread that an Elon fan deems an Elon thread shall surely be a pure Elon thread from that moment forward. Said moment of reclassification does not have to be published, only cohesively agreed upon by the Elon masses...uh..err. tens. After a thread is deemed an Elon thread, other schools are:
1) banned from participation despite their team being mentioned, mocked, slammed, smacked, etc., or
3) allowed to post, but said posts will be counted and compared to the total of Elon posts. No matter which is greater, the above rule will always take precedent and the thread will remain an Elon only thread."

xlolxxbowx

theasushow
November 18th, 2011, 10:57 AM

AGSers please keep this new proposed rule in mind when arguing with Elon fans. Thank you for your cooperation

post of the century...sorry Elon, had to come at somebody's expense.

fc97
November 18th, 2011, 11:09 AM
thats the post of the century?

wow you guys are losers

fc97
November 18th, 2011, 11:14 AM
t-dog

do you know what was in the players minds, you know they were trying to intentionally hurt a knee?

your guy made the shirts, he posted it

your fans post in every elon thread whether february or the week before

you guys treat us as a rival

sorry

poor guys are having trouble with the truth

Side Judge
November 18th, 2011, 11:15 AM
What does any of this have to do with ODU football, the rising power in the FCS?

cbarrier90
November 18th, 2011, 11:15 AM
thats the post of the century?

wow you guys are losers

Refer to post #12 in this thread...

C'mon, you gotta admit that was a quality post from Stormin...

Rob Iola
November 18th, 2011, 11:24 AM
http://oi42.tinypic.com/fp5mvo.jpg
http://oi43.tinypic.com/25jb7na.jpg
http://oi41.tinypic.com/e6ok02.jpg

"Brush our teeth better than App State"?

ElonFirefighter
November 18th, 2011, 11:45 AM
"Brush our teeth better than App State"?

Well thats not too hard to do, as long as you Brush your teeth. If i brush two teeth ive brushed twice as many as App

Skjellyfetti
November 18th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Well thats not too hard to do, as long as you Brush your teeth. If i brush two teeth ive brushed twice as many as App

We're the gold standard of dental hygiene in the SoCon. Just ask your coach.

StorminASU
November 18th, 2011, 11:50 AM
We're the gold standard of dental hygiene in the SoCon. Just ask your coach.

xoutofrepx

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 18th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I kinda want to play App. State in the playoffs so I'm not real sure I want to pull for Elon.

boonegoon
November 18th, 2011, 12:17 PM

I've spent too much time in Alamance Co. There are some toothless wonders there, trust me.

ASUMountaineer
November 18th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I believe this is also an ASU thread.

Making t-shirts for Elon. Someone mentioned this on the MMB and got laughed off the board.

ASU travels well to all games. Elon is closer for ASU's eastern NC alumni so yep they travel well to that game. ASU has more alumni in the triangle than Elon does.

I can't comment on whether a loss to Elon would hurt worse than a loss to a rival because it hasn't happened in my lifetime. I do know that a loss to Elon in basketball isn't as tough a loss as it is against DC, WCU, UTC, or even CofC.

This is Elon's best chance at a win probably ever, even the 2009 season. I hope they look better on the road than they have the rest of the season, reminds me of 2004.

If making t-shirts is a measure, then I guess Michigan, UNI, UMass, and UD are all rivals too. That makes it easier to ascertain rivals now. Sweet.

ASUMountaineer
November 18th, 2011, 12:21 PM
t-dog

do you know what was in the players minds, you know they were trying to intentionally hurt a knee?

your guy made the shirts, he posted it--I don't know that he made them, but he was talking about it.

sorry

Why do you want us to view you as a rival so badly?

I would say, recently you guys have been, but not traditionally like the Stink or Furple.

Feel better?

Saint3333
November 18th, 2011, 12:22 PM
ASU makes the playoffs win or lose.

Elon fans - all our opponents get the same treatment, you must ignore the ASU threads each week, especially vs. GSU. I enjoy the banter with Elon fans especially GP and EP, but no ASU fan would put Elon above GSU, Furman, WCU, or even Wofford from a football perspective and the list is even longer in basketball.

Skjellyfetti
November 18th, 2011, 12:25 PM
If making t-shirts is a measure, then I guess Michigan, UNI, UMass, and UD are all rivals too. That makes it easier to ascertain rivals now. Sweet.

And pretty sure we were selling t-shirts for the NC A&T and Savannah State games. Those are rivalries for sure. xlolx

ElonFirefighter
November 18th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I would say, recently you guys have been,

Feel better?

Yes now I can sleep at night xcoffeex

ASUG8
November 18th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Why do you want us to view you as a rival so badly?

I would say, recently you guys have been, but not traditionally like the Stink or Furple.

Feel better?

Elon is like a rival except completely different.

SideLine Shooter
November 18th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I kinda want to play App. State in the playoffs so I'm not real sure I want to pull for Elon.

That may be the most intelligent thing you have ever posted here.xnodxxthumbsupxxbeerchugx

ElonPride
November 18th, 2011, 01:11 PM
ASU makes the playoffs win or lose.

Elon fans - all our opponents get the same treatment, you must ignore the ASU threads each week, especially vs. GSU. I enjoy the banter with Elon fans especially GP and EP, but no ASU fan would put Elon above GSU, Furman, WCU, or even Wofford from a football perspective and the list is even longer in basketball.

Dude, you're grouping us all into one category. Some of us can take the smack :) I enjoy it truthfully. It's easy enough to hit ignore from those posters like kyjellyfetti anyway.....

ASUMountaineer
November 18th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Yes now I can sleep at night xcoffeex

It's one of my life's callings to help improve people's lives that have been negatively affected by ASU's football team. Even though my offer was to fc97, I am glad I was able to help you out--that's reward enough. You're welcome.

ElonFirefighter
November 18th, 2011, 01:49 PM
LOL, its a busy work day i needed a good laugh, thanks. Safe travels

fc97
November 18th, 2011, 02:25 PM
i dont care if appalachian is a rival or not, i just want to win games

but you guys work so hard at saying this isnt a rivalry but you do everything in your power to make sure it is

make any excuse you want, but the fact that you care so much means it is a rivalry

ASUG8
November 18th, 2011, 02:36 PM

but you guys work so hard at saying this isnt a rivalry but you do everything in your power to make sure it is

make any excuse you want, but the fact that you care so much means it is a rivalry

I can't speak for every App fan, but we care every week. There are 10 other programs I would put ahead of Elon as possible rivals. No offense, but you guys beat us a few times and maybe it becomes a rivalry.

BisonLakes
November 18th, 2011, 02:37 PM
NDSU looks forward to playing App at some point.

Elon? Not so much.

ASUMountaineer
November 18th, 2011, 02:51 PM
LOL, its a busy work day i needed a good laugh, thanks. Safe travels

Yeah man, you too. :)

ASUMountaineer
November 18th, 2011, 02:55 PM

Easy killer, not this guy. Maybe your post was not to me.

I honestly couldn't care if you guys consider ASU a rival or not, and I'd assume most EU fans are the same. Perhaps not. I have made no statement that EU is not a rivalry. I think you need to work on comprehension and then check back.

asumike83
November 18th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Is Elon our biggest rival? No, they are behind several other teams. They are a rival though, just like every team in our conference.

In terms of ranking SoCon rivals, I would put Elon ahead of Samford, Chattanooga and The Citadel but behind GSU, Western, Wofford and Furman. Right in the middle.

Where we rank for them? No idea.

StorminASU
November 18th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Easy killer, not this guy. Maybe your post was not to me.

I honestly couldn't care if you guys consider ASU a rival or not, and I'd assume most EU fans are the same. Perhaps not. I have made no statement that EU is not a rivalry. I think you need to work on comprehension and then check back.

Maybe he's too busy doing this to comprehend anything
http://www.elon.edu/pendulum/Story.aspx?id=5984

Elon: The only OWS movement whose motto is "We are the 1%."

StorminASU
November 18th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Is Elon our biggest rival? No, they are behind several other teams. They are a rival though, just like every team in our conference.

In terms of ranking SoCon rivals, I would put Elon ahead of Samford, Chattanooga and The Citadel but behind GSU, Western, Wofford and Furman. Right in the middle.

Where we rank for them? No idea.

I'm guessing somewhere near the top for them since their panties get in such a tight wad whenever we say they're not rivals. They're purely rivals in a conference sense and I think a lot of App fans always post in "Elon threads" (see post #23) because they talk seemingly talk down to an opponent they've not beaten since 1964. We respond to a lack of respect, not a perceived equal rival.

elon77
November 18th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Now let me see, how many well wishes are we up to now?

StorminASU
November 18th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Now let me see, how many well wishes are we up to now?

Not very many.

elon77
November 18th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Not very many.

What the hell was he thinking?????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????? :)

ElonPride
November 18th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Maybe he's too busy doing this to comprehend anything
http://www.elon.edu/pendulum/Story.aspx?id=5984

Elon: The only OWS movement whose motto is "We are the 1%."

Oh good lord. I bet those kids are protesting their own parents :)

whoanellie
November 18th, 2011, 10:43 PM
So much for an experiment in total apathy. I did have a notion that I would get some smack from Boone fans but I am sure no one wants to be ragged by the low down lilly livered ingrates that are produced by Appalachin State Teachers College.
You turned my post into a "smack" board and once again bullied your posts on the same old tired bull-**** you have been genreating for years. All I can say to you now all the sportsmanship you deserve is to **** you and truck you rode in on!!! Carry a sign tomorrow w/ MMB on it and I'll ablige you w/ the first throw-down. I'll be wearing maroon. The mods have permission to remove this thread. Thanks a whole ****'n lot.

T-Dog
November 19th, 2011, 05:06 AM
t-dog

They could have been thinking of ways to bring peace to the Sudan for all I know, but their actions were what was important and what they were doing was diving at Armanti's knees after he released the ball.

your guy made the shirts, he posted it

One guy and no one bought one.

We post in every thread about our opponents.

sorry

K

ASUMountaineer
November 19th, 2011, 07:30 AM
So much for an experiment in total apathy. I did have a notion that I would get some smack from Boone fans but I am sure no one wants to be ragged by the low down lilly livered ingrates that are produced by Appalachin State Teachers College.
You turned my post into a "smack" board and once again bullied your posts on the same old tired bull-**** you have been genreating for years. All I can say to you now all the sportsmanship you deserve is to **** you and truck you rode in on!!! Carry a sign tomorrow w/ MMB on it and I'll ablige you w/ the first throw-down. I'll be wearing maroon. The mods have permission to remove this thread. Thanks a whole ****'n lot.

xlolxxlolxxlolx

elon77
November 19th, 2011, 07:56 AM

Nellie you must remember who you are dealing with here.

asumike83
November 19th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Nellie you must remember who you are dealing with here.

It does not matter who you are dealing with, that was weak. The guy is flipping out and threatening to fight people at the game.

Oh, right... the game. I hope nobody else forgot that there is going to be a game played today. Personally, I am very excited about it. Elon had a nice win last week and ASU has struggled on the road all year. If we are able to finish up the season with a win on the road, I will feel much more confident about our chances to advance in the playoffs. Should be a good game, I am taking ASU by 6.

asumike83
November 19th, 2011, 08:26 AM

You do realize how childish you sound, right?

"I started a thread expecting smack talk from App fans but this is TOO MUCH smack talk. You guys are bullies! F*** you, let's meet at the game today and fight!"

Well done.

AppChicago
November 19th, 2011, 12:26 PM

Posted 13 hours ago. Let's see... It's 1:25 now, so 13 hours ago was just after midnight last night. Maybe someone started tailgating the night before?

ASU_Fanatic
November 19th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if we lose.

AppChicago
November 19th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if we lose.

Thanks for chiming in.

AppMAN04
November 19th, 2011, 01:11 PM
easy win PERIOD!

ASU_Fanatic
November 19th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Thanks for chiming in.You're welcome.

But for real, when Elon is playing on top of their game they have looked real good this year and it's not like we're the best road team either.

SoCon48
November 19th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I consider Elon a rival as I've said before: right behind WCU, GSU, Furman, and Wofford (and even ECU for some App fans)
Yes, many ASU fans make pet names for Elon just as dozens of fans call ASU crappalacian

I care about everry game we play including when Peacock had us playing Mars Hill and Gardner-Webb.
We talk a bout the series that hasn't given Elon a win since the Johnson administration.
We had more at ECU than we had at Elon.

SoCon48
November 19th, 2011, 07:19 PM
I'm guessing somewhere near the top for them since their panties get in such a tight wad whenever we say they're not rivals. They're purely rivals in a conference sense and I think a lot of App fans always post in "Elon threads" (see post #23) because they talk seemingly talk down to an opponent they've not beaten since 1964. We respond to a lack of respect, not a perceived equal rival.

Extremely well said.

SoCon48
November 19th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I can't believe I'm going to defend SoCon48, but he did say App considers EU a rival.

I don't need you to defend me.

ElonPride
November 19th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Extremely well said.

Actually, no....it's not well said. It's not an accurate statement.......

But, look at the thread I started congratulating App on the win. The lack of respect for the ASU football team basically resides in only 1 fan, not all. Personally (even though I talk smack about past players/incidents), I have great respect for the majority in the App program.

There IS a lack of respect directed at many of your fans because they are douches (with the obvious exceptions of asumike & saint)

Most Elon fans have great respect for the program on the mountain.

ASUMountaineer
November 21st, 2011, 10:07 AM
I don't need you to defend me.

xlolx Aww, like a big boy.

I'm glad you haven't thrown a tantrum on this board yet.

fc97
November 21st, 2011, 11:53 AM
you guys spend so much time denying it, it is just too good, we're a rival to you guys

what lack of respect are you talking about, appalachian has too many fans that lie and promote inaccuracies, if correcting these items is disrespect then appalachian fans are in for a hard life

Saint3333
November 21st, 2011, 12:18 PM
Fc you are a rival behind GSU, Furman, WCU, Wofford, etc. get in line.

Elon fans trying pump themselves up above the current state of their program - ASU fans aren't the only ones in for a hard life.

HighCountry
November 21st, 2011, 12:29 PM
you guys spend so much time denying it, it is just too good, we're a rival to you guys

what lack of respect are you talking about, appalachian has too many fans that lie and promote inaccuracies, if correcting these items is disrespect then appalachian fans are in for a hard life

Even WESTERN has managed to beat us in the last ten years. Sorry bud, Elon is way down on the list of teams that we would consider rivals.

ASUMountaineer
November 21st, 2011, 12:43 PM

What post are you responding to? If you click the "Reply With Quote" button on the post, it inserts it. Otherwise, it looks like your rambling.

I would agree with Saint that Elon could be a rival, but on down the list. I don't have any real ill-will towards EU, I just want to beat every SoCon team. If that makes EU a "rival," then so be it.