PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Ticket Prices

andy7171
November 17th, 2011, 10:30 AM
How are they set? Is $25 the going rate across the board until the NC game?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2011, 10:34 AM
How are they set? Is $25 the going rate across the board until the NC game?

Yeah, the NCAA sets it and the MT Fans are pretty happy cuz it's always a cheaper ticket in the playoffs.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2011, 10:37 AM
BTW andy, very happy for you this year. It's great to see your team come to life like they have my friend. In the lead up to the season I remember the article you had posted that the coach was sure that Towson was gonna see a turn around this year. I was skeptical because of the strength of the conference but it's just great to see you inquiring about things like this. Good luck to your boys and as a former player from when they were pretty decent it has to have a little extra good feel to it.

bluehenbillk
November 17th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Students have a reduced rate - but no freebies.

T-Dog
November 17th, 2011, 10:47 AM
My invoice says $30 per game for the first two rounds. Considering my season tickets were $170 for 6 games (roughly $26.66 per game + $10 FanFest), I might just get a student guest ticket for $15 instead which ironically would be better seats.

TheDancinMonarch
November 17th, 2011, 11:06 AM
The AD at ODU said that the NCAA allows teams to set their playoff ticket price anywhere between the lowest and highest regular season price. So our prices have been set at $20 for playoff games. My regular price is $25. Don't tell anyone but most of us are so pleased with having playoff possibilities we would have willingly paid more. :D

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Students have a reduced rate - but no freebies.

The AD at ODU said that the NCAA allows teams to set their playoff ticket price anywhere between the lowest and highest regular season price. So our prices have been set at $20 for playoff games. My regular price is $25. Don't tell anyone but most of us are so pleased with having playoff possibilities we would have willingly paid more. :D

As an average our tickets are about $40/each so UM may set the price at the D2 game amount and that is why it is lower. It's usually at the $28-35 range I think.