PDA

View Full Version : MVFC 11/19/11

DOME
November 15th, 2011, 08:33 PM
UNI is going to beat the Birds (who are in fact the word if you haven't heard) at their place.

Penguins protect their house from a Bear attack in Terry Allens final D1 coaching experience.

The Leathernecks go out with a bang while inviting the cows to play a game on Turkey Weekend.

Trees at home ensure a very disapointing season ender for the flying dogs that eat children.

Yotes steal one from the Sioux in their last win before first year hazing in the valley.

Just saying.

Pant8her
November 15th, 2011, 10:16 PM
UNI (8-2) @ ISUr (7-3) - Tough game for both teams, The last few years they have been very physical games. ISUr will have a week off prior to this game so they will be prepared to spoil the hopes for UNI. Tough game to call, but with playoff implications both teams should be fired up and for the first time I don’t think I can call this game. xrotatehx

SIU (3-7) @ ISUb (6-4) – ISUb is vying for the playoffs, win and there is a possibility to get in. SIU has nothing to lose so they will try their best. Home team wins in a close game, but Bell runs wild.

MSU (1-9) @ YSU (6-4) -- This game is signignificant for YSU (win and likely in the playoffs. MSU has nothing to lose except the game and their head coach.

NDSU (9-1) @ WIU (2-8) -- The only thing here is if WIU has a couple of surprises on their team, which I doubt. NDSU has a few good players and will use this as a springboard into the playoffs. NDSU wins, probably big showing no mercy for the playoff committee.

SDSU -- Bye, bye done for the season.

Bonus:

USD (6-4) @ UND (7-3) -- I expect a close physical game with no playoff implications this year. I also expect both teams to be a factor int their new respective conferences next year. I will stick with the home team, although the Coyotes could upset UND.

joeybrownerhof
November 15th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Mark Steines
Burl Ives
Al Bundy
Bob Backlund

Bonus

Pat O'brien (lets get crazy, get some coke)

frozennorth
November 15th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Isur - game of the week, this should be a good one.
Isub - lol siu
Ysu - in a rout
Ndsu - in a rout

Usd - both these teams should contend for last place in their respective conferences next year.

BearsCountry
November 15th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Unfortuanely this won't be Terry Allen's last game as Bears coach.

LakesBison
November 16th, 2011, 01:15 AM
ISU R - uni starts their annual choking 1 game early
ISU B - Lennon fired, what a horrible coach
YSU _ keeps getting lucky
NDSU - yawner,

usd - both of these teams are miserable, will be fun to watch each of them go 2-9 next year though.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Illinois State -- should be a good game. Redbird defense is good.
Indiana State
Youngstown State -- when that no huddle is running on all cylinders....wow
NDSU -- blow-out

USD -- better team

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Northern Iowa @ Illinois St - This is a tough game to call. I Think UNI is the better team but the Birds may have their season riding on this game, it's at home on senior day, they're coming off a bye, and they've been rolling recently whereas UNI has been a little shaky. I give a hesitant nod to the Redbirds.

Southern Illinois @ Indiana St – What happened to the Saluki defense? If SDSU puts up 45 on them the Trees should do something similar. I think ISU Blue wins by two scores or more.

Missouri St @ Youngstown St - Letdown game for YSU? Possibly but even so they're the much better team. I think MSU will get their points in this one but the Penguins get more.

North Dakota St @ Western Illinois - I usually don't like to predict to blowouts but I think this is going to be one. A refocused NDSU squad goes into Macomb with some fire coming off a stunning upset loss and gets back on the right track heading into the playoffs. I think both lines for the Bison play angry after getting embarrassed last week.

South Dakota @ North Dakota - USD has not been good on the road this season. I think UND finishes a reasonably successful season on a high note. Both these teams are in for much tougher road to hoe in the coming years.

Bisonforlife
November 16th, 2011, 10:56 AM
UNI
Indiana State
Youngstown State
North Dakota State
South Dakota

344Johnson
November 16th, 2011, 12:36 PM
ISU-R - The one MVFC team I don't want NDSU to play again.

Indiana St.

Youngstown St. - No excuse to lose to Missouri State

NDSU- I'm a homer, but this shouldn't be a game after the first 20 minutes.

South Dakota- I don't think they are very good but honestly, neither is UND, and I dislike UND, so USD it is!

birdsflyhigh
November 16th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Last week and a BIG week in The Valley as there is alot to be decided this in go-round #12. You've got teams jockeying for the MVFC outright top spot, a tie for the top, teams vying for a top playoff position and teams making their case to be included in the playoff field.

Is it possible that we see FIVE teams from the MVFC playoff bound? IMHO the top 5 Valley teams are tough as nails, and any of them could do some damage in the playoffs.xthumbsupx

Went 4-1 last week making it 46-13 overall on the pick 'ems. Okay, it's onto the battle grounds for MVFC week #12:

Winners:

Birds.... ISU needs this one to not only enhance their playoff chances, but also to
continue building up their program under coach Spack. The football
stadium is getting re-tooled soon, and with a program building win over the
Panthers, it would propel the Birds into the playoffs with six straight wins
and serious full head of steam momentum.

Trees....Get the win at home and look for the playoffs.

Guins....Home victory springs them into the playoffs.

Bison....WIU's woeful season comes to a halt in a big way.

Okay, good luck to all the teams, and hopefully we'll be seeing 5 MVFC teams playoff bound....COOL! xcoolx

RabidRabbit
November 16th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I'll support Birdsflyhigh picks. It's great seeing that the MVFC has 5 teams in the discussion for the 20 play-off slots. IMHO, IL St needs the W vs UNI to get in. Otherwise that loss to EIU to open the season will clip their tailfeathers. Also, a loss by either ISU-B, or YSU kills their play-off hopes. WIU, MSU and SIU are mired in seasons that they'd like to forget, and with MSU & SIU on the road, I expect that they will fall again.

Even though the Jacks end up with a losing record, they remain at .500 in conference play, and a GPI of 29, absolutely great for a team with a losing record. MVFC is definitely the black-n-blue conference this year.

footballer23
November 16th, 2011, 05:06 PM
I had heard that the Birds are the word, but they're going to lose to Northern Iowa,
The Flightless Birds will bet the Hapless Bears,
The Herd will beat the Leathernecks,
and the Trees will knocks off the Dogs.

Bonus: The Coyotes finish off the Great West with a road win up north.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2011, 06:31 AM
I'll support Birdsflyhigh picks. It's great seeing that the MVFC has 5 teams in the discussion for the 20 play-off slots. IMHO, IL St needs the W vs UNI to get in. Otherwise that loss to EIU to open the season will clip their tailfeathers. Also, a loss by either ISU-B, or YSU kills their play-off hopes. WIU, MSU and SIU are mired in seasons that they'd like to forget, and with MSU & SIU on the road, I expect that they will fall again.

Even though the Jacks end up with a losing record, they remain at .500 in conference play, and a GPI of 29, absolutely great for a team with a losing record. MVFC is definitely the black-n-blue conference this year.

Sumner will be a good QB to build the offense around for the next 3 yrs. If the defense tightens up and fills some holes, the Jacks will make some noise next year. Although I do not see them beating the Bison in Fargo next year.

Hammerhead
November 17th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Roads are tough to hoe. That's why you should hoe rows -- as in rows of sugar beets. Sorry, this is just one of my pet peeves. :)

South Dakota @ North Dakota - USD has not been good on the road this season. I think UND finishes a reasonably successful season on a high note. Both these teams are in for much tougher road to hoe in the coming years.

Sycamore51
November 17th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Roads are tough to hoe. That's why you should hoe rows -- as in rows of sugar beets. Sorry, this is just one of my pet peeves. :)

What's wrong with hoes on the road?????

On a serious note, I don't like when everybody picks INST to win. That means we usually don't.

footballer23
November 17th, 2011, 09:47 AM
What's wrong with hoes on the road?????

On a serious note, I don't like when everybody picks INST to win. That means we usually don't.

You should get in the mindset that your Trees are a decent team these days. It's a good thing when people are picking them to win.

underdawg
November 17th, 2011, 02:25 PM
The Trees were picked to win last year too--and. Some teams just play better against others, even if they've had a crap season, if the Dawgs control the ball by run with Hampton, it could be close.

footballer23
November 17th, 2011, 04:57 PM
NDSU is so shocked by its loss at home to an unranked team a few days ago that it allows Western Illinois to get a first half lead, then pulls away with a last minute TD to win..

UNI, unfortunately, will not be able to handle the ranked Illinois State team and loses....

I like the overall content of your prediction, but I'm not sure it will come down to a last second TD for NDSU.... at least I sure hope not.

DJKyR0
November 17th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I like the overall content of your prediction, but I'm not sure it will come down to a last second TD for NDSU.... at least I sure hope not.

Youngstown State had a track record of keeping it very close in games and had success in their losses. Western Illinois has not. Therefore the Bison should win.