PDA

View Full Version : College Sporting News: Nov. 15 GPI Playoff Projections

CSN-info
November 15th, 2011, 07:36 PM
By Kent Schmidt
College Sporting News

Nov. 15 GPI Playoff Projections

Here are my latest projections based on the GPI. I am surprised NDSU stayed at #1 but with just one loss, the index doesn't lie. Sam Houston State looks like they will have home field even with the #2 seed throughout the playoffs but there is a lot to contend with in the last week of the regular season. I will make my last projections just before the official playoff announcement on Sunday.

Read More... (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/entry.php?195-Nov.-15-GPI-Playoff-Projections)

Engineer86
November 15th, 2011, 07:46 PM
By Kent Schmidt
College Sporting News

Nov. 15 GPI Playoff Projections

Here are my latest projections based on the GPI. I am surprised NDSU stayed at #1 but with just one loss, the index doesn't lie. Sam Houston State looks like they will have home field even with the #2 seed throughout the playoffs but there is a lot to contend with in the last week of the regular season. I will make my last projections just before the official playoff announcement on Sunday.

Read More... (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/entry.php?195-Nov.-15-GPI-Playoff-Projections)

Every week, I look at this bracket and it never makes sense maybe because it starts with the poll that makes little sense.

PantherRob82
November 15th, 2011, 07:46 PM
So the GPI is the best indicator, but then you ignore it?

MplsBison
November 15th, 2011, 08:02 PM
The index doesn't lie, that is indeed true. The only liars are the biased, emotional humans and their human polls.

MVFC with 5 in is correct.

1st Round
Albany @ New Hampshire
Norfolk St @ Old Dominion
Stony Brook @ Youngstown St
Tennessee Tech @ Indiana St

Ouch! Going to be some embarrassing loses on the road for Norfolk, Stony and Tech.

Albany and UNH could be interesting, but I would not hesitate to predict UNH the winner.

Seawolf97
November 15th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Good info. Still have to win on saturday before we worry about Youngstown St.

Tod
November 15th, 2011, 09:18 PM
I don't claim to understand the GPI as well as I should, but there's a hell of a drop from #5 MSU to #6 ASU. Seems the GPI has pretty much, at this point, chosen what it believes to be the true contenders.