PDA

View Full Version : Big South Championship Prediction thread

knucklehead
November 15th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Please post your Stony Brook / Liberty Predictions here.

Mine is Liberty 42 / Stony Brook 28

Mike Brown will be more healthy after the bye week than he has been in weeks. He will step up big time to avoid this being his last collegiate game and go pass crazy to Chris Summers, Pat Kelly, Ervin Garner and the rest as he did in 2010. Liberty's run game will have solid production as well (around 200 yds). Liberty will have to limit turnovers or SBU WILL take advantage for scores.

Asa Chapman, Nick Sigmon, Scott Highland and company slow down SBUs run game enough. Walt Aikens and company lock down on an island as Liberty sells out to the run. SBU will get their long drives and scores but will not put up the kind of #s they have recently.

Special teams scares me some, but I think Kevin Fogg (#1 kick returner in FCS) will return well and Matt Bevins (All American Kicker) will be back and solid as always.

heath
November 15th, 2011, 03:23 PM
34-33 Stony Brook

bjtheflamesfan
November 15th, 2011, 03:32 PM
49-46 Liberty. youve got the two top scoring offenses in the conference and they both have shown that they can put up very large numbers (Liberty 63 vs. CCU and Stony Brook 76 vs. G-W). What itll come down to is who makes the fewest mistakes. Both teams are very capable of taking turnovers and ill-timed penalties and turning them into points. Stony Brook's weakness is the pass defense. Liberty has big and fast receivers and I think youll see some very big numbers put up on Saturday.

SleepySmurf
November 16th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Don't be surprised if this game is not the explosive offensive showcase everyone is expecting. Liberty's defense will slow down the Stony Brook run game just enough to force longer drives instead of one or two play scoring drives. SBU will be content to pound it out and keep Brown off the field, limiting their scoring opportunities. Points will still be scored, but less than the averages. SBU - 31, Libery 24.

GATA_Eagles
November 16th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I'm going to go with 31-17 Stony Brook.

knucklehead
November 16th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Liberty has not scored less than 21 (NCSU) all year, so good luck with that.

kdinva
November 16th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Stony Brook 31, Liberty 27.

knucklehead
November 16th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Some interesting stats from Chris Lang:

Another wow stat: Stony Brook hasn't attempted a field goal in its last five games and hasn't made a field goal since September.

Funny how one game skews stats. Stony Brook was +6 in turnovers vs. G-Webb, +7 in its other nine games.

Liberty was -5 in turnovers against N.C. State but is +4 in its other nine games.