PDA

View Full Version : College Sporting News blog: 10 Conferences, 10 Autobids - Part 2

CSN-info
November 15th, 2011, 12:00 AM
10 Conferences, 10 Autobids - Part 2

By Ralph Wallace
College Sporting News

With six of the ten automatic qualifying bids to the Division I football championships finalized (the Mid-Eastern, Patriot, Southern and Southland have been clinched and the Big Sky and Big South have winner take all games this weekend as detailed in part 1 (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/entry.php?193-10-Conferences-10-Autobids-Part-1)) there are still the remaining four to examine. In three of the cases it comes down to two teams, and then there is the OVC. ...

Read more... (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/entry.php?194-10-Conferences-10-Autobids-Part-2)

danefan
November 15th, 2011, 05:53 AM
10 Conferences, 10 Autobids - Part 2

By Ralph Wallace
College Sporting News

With six of the ten automatic qualifying bids to the Division I football championships finalized (the Mid-Eastern, Patriot, Southern and Southland have been clinched and the Big Sky and Big South have winner take all games this weekend as detailed in part 1 (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/entry.php?193-10-Conferences-10-Autobids-Part-1)) there are still the remaining four to examine. In three of the cases it comes down to two teams, and then there is the OVC. ...

Read more... (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/entry.php?194-10-Conferences-10-Autobids-Part-2)

It doesn't matter to Albany what Bryant does. If Duquesne loses Albany is in. If Albany wins. Albany is in.

Bryant is not eligible for the conference championship.

UIWWildthing
November 15th, 2011, 07:04 AM
I love this: "If TTU falters against Austin Peay, Eastern Kentucky can gain the auto bid with a victory against UT Martin...Jacksonville State can claim a share of its third OVC Championship (and first since 2004) with a win at Tennessee State but can only win the automatic bid if they win and both Eastern Kentucky and Tennessee Tech lose...There still remains the possibility of both a five-way or six-way tie...Should Eastern Kentucky, Jacksonville State, Murray State and Tennessee Tech lose, EKU, JSU and TTU would be in a tie with Tennessee State and UT Martin and after tiebreakers the automatic bid would be won by TSU (who would have the best composite record with the group, along with TTU, but would have topped Tech in the head-to-head matchup)...Should EKU, JSU and TTU lose and Murray State, TSU and UTM win; if that would happen the league’s automatic bid would eventually have to be determined by a blind draw between EKU, TSU and TTU (as all other tiebreakers would be even). With the potential 5-way or 6-way ties, please keep in mind that ties at the top of the standings have to be broken first, and if you have multiple teams tied and a composite record tiebreaker is used (records against all other teams in the tie), and multiple teams pull out of that tiebreaker, the multiple teams that did not break out (i.e. had worse records against tied teams) are skipped in the next tiebreaker step, because they are part of the original tie."

appfan2008
November 15th, 2011, 07:08 AM
I love this: "If TTU falters against Austin Peay, Eastern Kentucky can gain the auto bid with a victory against UT Martin...Jacksonville State can claim a share of its third OVC Championship (and first since 2004) with a win at Tennessee State but can only win the automatic bid if they win and both Eastern Kentucky and Tennessee Tech lose...There still remains the possibility of both a five-way or six-way tie...Should Eastern Kentucky, Jacksonville State, Murray State and Tennessee Tech lose, EKU, JSU and TTU would be in a tie with Tennessee State and UT Martin and after tiebreakers the automatic bid would be won by TSU (who would have the best composite record with the group, along with TTU, but would have topped Tech in the head-to-head matchup)...Should EKU, JSU and TTU lose and Murray State, TSU and UTM win; if that would happen the league’s automatic bid would eventually have to be determined by a blind draw between EKU, TSU and TTU (as all other tiebreakers would be even). With the potential 5-way or 6-way ties, please keep in mind that ties at the top of the standings have to be broken first, and if you have multiple teams tied and a composite record tiebreaker is used (records against all other teams in the tie), and multiple teams pull out of that tiebreaker, the multiple teams that did not break out (i.e. had worse records against tied teams) are skipped in the next tiebreaker step, because they are part of the original tie."

what a flippin mess

danefan
November 16th, 2011, 04:40 PM
It doesn't matter to Albany what Bryant does. If Duquesne loses Albany is in. If Albany wins. Albany is in.

Bryant is not eligible for the conference championship.

Apparently there is a way for Duquesne to lose and still clinch the title if Albany loses and a whole host of other things happen.

http://necsports.posterous.com/nec-news-of-the-day-will-ualbany-or-duquesne

Duquesne needs to win its Week 12 matchup against Robert Morris and have UAlbany lose to Sacred Heart in order to claim the coveted postseason berth. As always, however, there is one exception.

Should Duquesne lose to Robert Morris, there is still one way the Dukes can wind up representing the NEC in the 20-team playoff field. Duquesne can clinch the bid if ALL of the following occur… UAlbany loses to Sacred Heart, Wagner defeats Monmouth, AND, Bryant beats Central Connecticut.

I can't figure out why, but I'll take their word for it.

dgtw
November 16th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I'm hoping Jax State can take it all, but I'm loving the idea of a six way tie. That way the schools can all post a sign in their stadium that says "2011 OVC football sex-champions".

TTUEagles
November 16th, 2011, 04:49 PM
4-F***ing points and TTU would've already clinched the title. 2 losses by 3 stinking points...Here's hoping "we" get it done to avoid headaches (and embarrassment).