PDA

View Full Version : Funniest thing you heard at a game.

paytonlives
May 13th, 2006, 02:31 AM
Not really looking for vulgar stuff, but what was the funniest thing you heard at a game.

UofM had a streaker a few years ago and after he was handcuffed and taken away, Out loved mascot "Monte" tore off his uniform and ran "Bear" naked upon the same route as he streaker. It was classic.

A umpire relayed to me that he was getting heckled for several innings about needing glasses. In between the 6th and 7th inning he walked over to the fence and asked the guy if the women next to him was his wife. When he the guy said "yes", the ump looked at him and said "And you think I need glasses!"

Just hoping you all relay some funny stuff.

bluedog
May 13th, 2006, 01:49 PM
1987 Jacksom Miss. Veterans Stadium. Capacity crowd of 63k+ the crowd is pump Southern just made a huge defensive stop and calls time out.

During the time out the P.A. annoucer says "Would the driver of bus number 713 please go to your bus, would the driver of bus number 713 please go to your bus, It's rolling down the hill".

True story

Ivytalk
May 13th, 2006, 06:19 PM
"Duck!" when the goalposts came down at the '74 Harvard-Yale game. Actually, not so funny. I would've been brained but for that lucky shout.:nod:

aggie6thman
May 13th, 2006, 06:54 PM
We played UC Irvine in basketball last year and one of the guys on their team went to high school with one of my good friends. Well, I found out that he had a little sister who was rather attractive and told him when he went by that I dated his sister. He stopped dead in his tracks and demanded to know how I knew her and where I was from. To say the least, I kept this one going the whole game. :nod:

I also got the punter for Southern Utah to turn around and flip me off 25 minutes before kick off last year. I don't really remember what I said to him, I just know that the entire student section was laughing. :nod:

May 13th, 2006, 06:58 PM
"You must have our man serve you the lobster Ralph, we had it flown in this morning from the northern coast," he said. Then to his wife, "What year is the champagne dear?" Harvard tailgate 2004. :nod:

TexasTerror
May 13th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Those CSTV announcers (Johnathan Coachman and whatever his name was) doing the SHSU-SELA broadcast nationally. Was working for CSTV and couldn't believe they let these guys do the broadcast. It was awful! I guess it wasn't necessarily the funniest thing, but by far the most ridiculous thing ever...

May 14th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Since this is on the I-AA Discussion board can we limit the responses to I-AA stuff?

GeauxLions94
May 14th, 2006, 01:20 AM
Since this is on the I-AA Discussion board can we limit the responses to I-AA stuff?

Sorry. I deleted the post. Didn't know I was on the ULL Delphi Board:bang:

walliver
May 14th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Watching the GSU-UTC game on CSS last year. The color announcer could not say the words "Tennessee" and "Chattanooga" in the same sentence, the closest he got was "UT-Chattasee".

McNeese75
May 14th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Sorry. I deleted the post. Didn't know I was on the ULL Delphi Board:bang:

xlolx Those boys are a little on the sensitive side over there

May 14th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Sorry. I deleted the post. Didn't know I was on the ULL Delphi Board:bang:ULL? Do they play I-AA??? This is the I-AA Discussion Board.

(BTW, don't take what I posted personally, it wasn't personal)

MR. CHICKEN
May 14th, 2006, 09:03 PM
GEORGIA SOUTHERN IS AT DUH COOP.....HALF-TIME.......AT DUH WATERIN' WALL.......TWO BLUE & WHITE..COOTERS...ARE LEAVIN' DUH BAFF-ROOM......WHEN COOTER ONE SAYS TA DUH OTHERAH..."WHADDA YA CALL UH FEMALE EAGLE?........COOTER TWO....REPLIES...IN UH SOUTHERN DRAW........"UH BLUE HEEEEN".......AH'M STILL GIGGLIN'...'CAUSE WE REAMED DUH EAGLES....EGG-HOLE DAT EVENIN'.....xlolx....AWK!

GeauxLions94
May 15th, 2006, 12:44 AM
ULL? Do they play I-AA??? This is the I-AA Discussion Board.

No, ULL doesn't play I-AA. Sure, they were able to beat Texas A&M one year, but they also lost to D-II North Alabama :D

Sorry about the Saints story. It was funny though

Kill'em
May 15th, 2006, 02:37 AM
The funniest thing I heard was at Paulson Stadium and the PA announcer made the announcement "So-and-so, please call your mother." Yes, after 15+ years, I don't remember the name but the whole stadium laughed their behinds off.

McNeese72
May 15th, 2006, 07:59 AM
ULL? Do they play I-AA??? This is the I-AA Discussion Board.

Well, in quality of football, probobly yes. But they call it I-a and think it is a whole lot better. ;) At least, a lot of them do.

Doc

Pard4Life
May 15th, 2006, 08:52 AM
The only thing I can remember right now is our announcer sometimes leaves his mic on a little too long. One time, he belched and it echoed throughout the stadium.

Sam I Am
May 15th, 2006, 11:47 AM
My nephew (14 yrs. old at the time) came to a Georgia Southern game a few years ago and it was his first football game he had ever attended. The boy didn't know anything about football and didn't get out much, but was very excited about it. While the team was doing a pre-game warm up he shouts out very seriously, "Will I be able to catch a foul ball"?

Everybody around us burst out laughing. After the embarrassment wore off, I had to explain to him a few things about football.

Kill'em
May 15th, 2006, 12:01 PM
I hope that didn't scare him away.