33 Albany Great Danes 27
34 Jacksonville State Gamecocks 24
35 Duquesne Dukes 24
36 Drake Bulldogs 18
37 Cal Poly Mustangs 13
38T Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks 9
38T Southern Utah Thunderbirds 9
40 Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 8

These ORV are going to look awfully foolish when B-CU makes the 20 team field.

andy7171
November 14th, 2011, 11:33 AM
holy ***** a first place vote!

FargoBison
November 14th, 2011, 11:34 AM

No they won't, unless pandemonium hits the other bubble teams. B-CU's resume is weaker than weak.

eaglewraith
November 14th, 2011, 11:38 AM
3 Georgia Southern Eagles 2141 1
4 Northern Iowa Panthers 2042 0
5 North Dakota State Bison 1954 1

Trollololololololol

klak
November 14th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Problem NDSU?

http://i.qkme.me/7419.jpg

UIWWildthing
November 14th, 2011, 11:41 AM
holy ***** a first place vote!

#6? 1st place vote? Roar = restored!

PantherRob82
November 14th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Why on earth is Brown still getting votes?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Just so you all know the #1 NDSU vote did not come from an NDSU fan.

No_Skill
November 14th, 2011, 11:48 AM

If it had, would it have been thrown out? :)

HailSzczur
November 14th, 2011, 11:48 AM

Yeah isn't there a homer rule that throws your ballot out if you vote for you team as #1 and no one else does? I may have read it wrong though.

eagle07
November 14th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Im pretty sure thats how the homer rule works, i read that also

OhioHen
November 14th, 2011, 11:50 AM

I know where a majority of the points for Bethune-Cookman originated. xsmiley_wix

GATA_Eagles
November 14th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Looks about right

knucklehead
November 14th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Good poll, but I am surprised YSU went that high. Yea I know they beat #1.

Go Apps
November 14th, 2011, 12:01 PM

That is not going to happen!

FargoBison
November 14th, 2011, 12:02 PM
NDSU should be ahead of UNI but outside of that it is ok.

ysubigred
November 14th, 2011, 12:03 PM

YSU should have been ranked anyways. Hell we beat ISU (R) and NDSU. Compare your schedule to YSU's and see why we jumped so high :)

WileECoyote06
November 14th, 2011, 12:05 PM

A whole lot of things have to happen to award them a spot over someone else. But they are in the picture. They have something on their resume that a dozen teams ahead of them cannot claim.

strike00
November 14th, 2011, 12:10 PM

two wins over top 20 teams including beating the #1 team on the road, a strong showing against Michigan State, and have won 4 of their last 5. there are three teams with the same record ahead of them in the rankings. I'd say that it's a fair ranking for YSU, maybe even a spot or two higher. xtwocentsx

FargoBison
November 14th, 2011, 12:12 PM
two wins over top 20 teams including beating the #1 team on the road, a strong showing against Michigan State, and have won 4 of their last 5. there are three teams with the same record ahead of them in the rankings. I'd say that it's a fair ranking for YSU, maybe even a spot or two higher. xtwocentsx

Well what the TSN poll did to YSU is criminal. They are a top 25 team without question, I'd even say top 20.

ysubigred
November 14th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Well what the TSN poll did to YSU is criminal. They are a top 25 team without question, I'd even say top 20.

INdy State 's on the outside of the top 25 in the TSN poll. LOL!! SDU Coyotes 6-4 with 2 DII or below wins in at #22 WOW!!! Does these Dumb a$$es at TSN even watch football xtroublex

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Sorry so late to answer the question posed on the "if the Bison voter had voted it would it be accepted" but in short HailSczur nailed it already.

Fear the Bird
November 14th, 2011, 12:26 PM
25 for 25! Other than Liberty (21), Stony Brook (20) and Portland St (18), I was within 3 on every other team

1. Montana St.
2. Georgia Southern
3. Sam Houston St.
4. Towson
5. North Dakota St.
6. Northern Iowa
7. Maine
8. Lehigh
9. Old Dominion
10. Appalachian St.
11. Montana
12. New Hampshire
13. Wofford
14. Central Arkansas
15. Illinois St.
16. Delaware
17. Harvard
18. Portland St.
19. James Madison
20. Stony Brook
21. Liberty
22. Indiana St.
23. Youngstown St.
24. Furman
25. Norfolk St.

26. Duquesne
27. Jackson St.
28. Tennessee Tech
29. Chattanooga
30. South Dakota

Jacked_Rabbit
November 14th, 2011, 12:32 PM
INdy State 's on the outside of the top 25 in the TSN poll. LOL!! SDU Coyotes 6-4 with 2 DII or below wins in at #22 WOW!!! Does these Dumb a$$es at TSN even watch football xtroublex

I agree completely with your statement, but the fact that you refer to the Coyotes of "SDU" makes me wonder the same thing about yourself... xsmhx

Fear the Bird
November 14th, 2011, 12:39 PM

I assume you mean bc they win the conference which certainly does not mean they are a top 20 team in the country...see their result in week 6 is all you need to know

And I want to know who voted for Drake at even 25, seriously stand up and identify yourself because that is reckless

darell1976
November 14th, 2011, 01:11 PM
INdy State 's on the outside of the top 25 in the TSN poll. LOL!! SDU Coyotes 6-4 with 3 DII or below wins in at #22 WOW!!! Does these Dumb a$$es at TSN even watch football xtroublex

FIFY!

ngineer
November 14th, 2011, 01:15 PM

Agreed. On "any given Saturday" the big upset will occur, but the overall body of work needs to be accounted for. Now, if they win impressively, again, the following week, that goes more toward saying it wasn't a fluke.

Ivytalk
November 14th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Pretty good poll, although we still didn't get 100.

UNIFanSince1983
November 14th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Agreed. On "any given Saturday" the big upset will occur, but the overall body of work needs to be accounted for. Now, if they win impressively, again, the following week, that goes more toward saying it wasn't a fluke.

The week before they were a play away from beating UNI at UNI. Actually it was even a second effort by our running back away. They have also beat a solid Illinois State team. Maybe they are a little high, but I think they deserve it after seeing them play.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Pretty good poll, although we still didn't get 100.

No. It's the second week in a row we've been under 100 just barely but we've been over 100 all year since the first week or two. Fell a little short again though. Next year I think we'll be seeing some higher numbers cuz there are some that didn't get registered that are waiting in the wings and even voting that we haven't been counting in the totals.

I've told em' they could vote for practice if they wanted to and some have been casting ballots here and there to get in the groove so I assume they'll be geared up for next season.

Squealofthepig
November 14th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Most Significant Win: Youngstown State Penguins

Most Significant Loss: North Dakota State Bison

This has been a trend recently where MSW and MSL are in the same game; how are people defining "significant"? For me, the "most significant" is the game that really changed the team's perception or playoff chances - hence why I had YSU as a MSW (I mean, winning in Fargo is HUGE), but I had Furman as the MSL, as they went from a pretty solid playoff contender with a few really good wins to a post-season observer. Just my two cents.

FargoBison
November 14th, 2011, 01:37 PM
This has been a trend recently where MSW and MSL are in the same game; how are people defining "significant"? For me, the "most significant" is the game that really changed the team's perception or playoff chances - hence why I had YSU as a MSW (I mean, winning in Fargo is HUGE), but I had Furman as the MSL, as they went from a pretty solid playoff contender with a few really good wins to a post-season observer. Just my two cents.

My thoughts exactly. The loss hurt NDSU, but Furman is done and depending on what happens next week the loss could just be a bump in the road for NDSU.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2011, 01:48 PM

A lot of people did as you do and Furman was second place in that regard but it was still by at least 20 votes that NDSU took the honors. I think the way you do it makes a lot more sense in the grand scheme of things.

HailSzczur
November 14th, 2011, 01:49 PM

I voted Georgetown for most significant loss. A win would have clinched the Patriot League and an AQ playoff berth. The loss now should keep them out of contention. You can;t get much more significant of a loss than that in my book

ysubigred
November 14th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I agree completely with your statement, but the fact that you refer to the Coyotes of "SDU" makes me wonder the same thing about yourself... xsmhx

Haven't watched DII football since 1978. If your SDSU I thought they were South Dakota University SDU or is it that I put 2 losses instead of 3 :) Duhhh.. I got it USD xshhhx You got me on that one LOL!!

paward
November 14th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Ok I had a dear in the headlights moment. Could you please title the thread AGS Week 11 Poll Results. I thought this thread was game results, dah!

DJKyR0
November 14th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Anybody else vote Wofford as the MSL? I figure a loss that puts them on the bubble when just a few weeks ago they looked unstoppable was pretty significant. Granted, they lost to a top-5 team, but hey.

JMUNJ08
November 14th, 2011, 02:17 PM
I assume you mean bc they win the conference which certainly does not mean they are a top 20 team in the country...see their result in week 6 is all you need to know

And I want to know who voted for Drake at even 25, seriously stand up and identify yourself because that is reckless

Here's my vote for 8-2 Drake...Yes, PFL, Yes W-E-A-K schedule, I tried to find another team worthy and could not...

And to strike the UD below Duq before you ask, the Dukes have had a nice season so I rewarded them. UD has 2 BIG wins but some other questionable games which is why they don't have a shot at the playoffs (Duq at least does...)

1: Sam Houston State Bearkats
2: Montana State Bobcats
3: Towson Tigers
4: Georgia Southern Eagles
5: North Dakota State Bison
6: Northern Iowa Panthers
7: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
8: Old Dominion Monarchs
9: Maine Black Bears
10: Montana Grizzlies
11: Wofford Terriers
12: Appalachian State Mountaineers
13: New Hampshire Wildcats
14: Central Arkansas Bears
15: Harvard Crimson
16: Illinois State Redbirds
17: James Madison Dukes
18: Norfolk State Spartans
19: Liberty Flames
20: Stony Brook Seawolves
21: Duquesne Dukes
22: Portland State Vikings
23: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
24: Albany Great Danes
25: Drake Bulldogs

Fear the Bird
November 14th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Here's my vote for 8-2 Drake...Yes, PFL, Yes W-E-A-K schedule, I tried to find another team worthy and could not...

And to strike the UD below Duq before you ask, the Dukes have had a nice season so I rewarded them. UD has 2 BIG wins but some other questionable games which is why they don't have a shot at the playoffs (Duq at least does...)

I wouldn't question anybody that has UD down there...I think it's a stretch but I see yoru logic in rewarding a nice season...what I don't see is how you warrant JMU 6 spots ahead of UD. If anything the West Chester/Del St. vs. CCSU/Liberty OOC is negated by those UD "2 big wins" that JMU lacks

Fear the Bird
November 14th, 2011, 02:23 PM

You really don't think either Indy St or Youngstown St is more worthy than Drake, or even Albany for that matter? Drake has ZERO notable wins, let alone significant and probably the best team they played all year was North Dakota who blanked them

FargoBison

YSU or Indiana State would absolutely throttle Drake.

superman7515
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn53/Diebold89/iVotedForKodos.gif

gotts
November 14th, 2011, 02:25 PM

Quoted for absolute truth.

JMUNJ08
November 14th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't question anybody that has UD down there...I think it's a stretch but I see yoru logic in rewarding a nice season...what I don't see is how you warrant JMU 6 spots ahead of UD. If anything the West Chester/Del St. vs. CCSU/Liberty OOC is negated by those UD "2 big wins" that JMU lacks

Just can't get a good read on UD overall. Up one minute, down the next. Been keeping them off my ballot recently as they were at/below .500 In D1 games. Liberty is definitely better than Del St. tho DSU=CCSU I think. Not saying the Liberty win trumps UD's but I know where my JMU Dukes are, can't read UD and they do not have a shot at the playoffs.

But thanks for seeing my logic though

RabidRabbit
November 14th, 2011, 02:28 PM

Me three on this. xthumbsupx

The other possibilities for MSW was Tn Tech and Cent AR. But YSU put themselves into a possible playoff spot, and one where this voter hadn't given YSU much thought.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Ok I had a dear in the headlights moment. Could you please title the thread AGS Week 11 Poll Results. I thought this thread was game results, dah!

Well that's a good suggestion and I wish you had made it 10 weeks ago since these have all been titled this way. I'll change it for clarity and keep that in mind going forward.:D

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2011, 02:57 PM

I suppose I'll add to the agreement on this one. Furman had a LOT of momentum that got stopped dead by losing. NDSU lost its #1 ranking by losing to YSU but it probably didn't keep from from a top seed.

JMUNJ08
November 14th, 2011, 03:22 PM

There it is. I forgot YSU! Might as well be bjflames....ISUb was not going to be in the poll this week...

Bearkats94
November 14th, 2011, 03:34 PM
How does a team that didn't even play this week move up to number 1?

UNIFanSince1983
November 14th, 2011, 03:38 PM

So you are in favor of punishing teams for having a bye week? MSU was #2 the #1 team lost and they didn't hence they are #1.

I mean if roles were reversed, and SHSU was #2 and had a bye, but MSU handled a team like Eastern Washington (who is 5-5 like Nw St.) should they have jumped them?

FargoBison
November 14th, 2011, 03:42 PM
SHSU had what? Their 7th or 8th bye week of the season last week? It's hard to keep track.

HailSzczur
November 14th, 2011, 03:43 PM
So you are in favor of punishing teams for having a bye week? MSU was #2 the #1 team lost and they didn't hence they are #1.

I mean if roles were reversed, and SHSU was #2 and had a bye, but MSU handled a team like Eastern Washington (who is 5-5 like Nw St.) should they have jumped them?

Exactly, just because you didn't play that particular week in which the team in front of you lost doesn't change your overall body of work.

Humble Steward
November 14th, 2011, 03:59 PM

B-CU will not win their conference. Norfolk St. has won the MEAC outright this year and deservingly so. In week #6 B-CU had 4 turnovers and numerous penalties in the game against North Carolina A&T. You can't beat anybody when you give up the ball like we did. In fact in the first 4 games of the season, we turned the ball over more times than we did for the entire season last year. The penalties were even worse in these games. With that being said, you can either cry about it or you right your ship and correct these issues. B-CU is now playing consistently on both sides on the ball and one game does not measure your season or tell you anything about where the team is right now. I see many posts on several other schools (ie - Furman) and how they have turned their season around and it's okay that they were not consistent at the beginning of the season. We are riding a 5 game winning streak and hope to finish the season strong. After that it's up to the committee to determine if an 8-3 record will get us in the post season. To be honest, I like this teams chances in the playoffs, better than last season. They are hitting their stride at the right time.

Fear the Bird
November 14th, 2011, 04:04 PM
B-CU will not win their conference. Norfolk St. has won the MEAC outright this year and deservingly so. In week #6 B-CU had 4 turnovers and numerous penalties in the game against North Carolina A&T. You can't beat anybody when you give up the ball like we did. In fact in the first 4 games of the season, we turned the ball over more times than we did for the entire season last year. The penalties were even worse in these games. With that being said, you can either cry about it or you right your ship and correct these issues. B-CU is now playing consistently on both sides on the ball and one game does not measure your season or tell you anything about where the team is right now. I see many posts on several other schools (ie - Furman) and how they have turned their season around and it's okay that they were not consistent at the beginning of the season. We are riding a 5 game winning streak and hope to finish the season strong. After that it's up to the committee to determine if an 8-3 record will get us in the post season. To be honest, I like this teams chances in the playoffs, better than last season. They are hitting their stride at the right time.

With all due respect, I don't think teams the caliber of App St. and Wofford were part of BCU's 5-game winning streak, although they do own the win over Norfolk

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2011, 04:09 PM

What? You can not be serious with this...can you? If you are...good luck with all the other things that befuddle you I guess.xlolx

Ginsbach
November 14th, 2011, 04:16 PM

I thought all teams were supposed to drop 6 places during their bye week! ;)

Bearkat-Backer
November 14th, 2011, 04:29 PM
SHSU had what? Their 7th or 8th bye week of the season last week? It's hard to keep track.

It was their 10th Bye week. Sam Houston won't actually play their first game until December 3rd.

wmmii
November 14th, 2011, 04:31 PM
We should be voting based on if that team could beat the team below them not on conference record!

theasushow
November 14th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Must be nice to sit at home on an off week and then wake up Sunday morning and be #1 in the country.

Catbooster
November 14th, 2011, 04:57 PM
It is. :p

theasushow
November 14th, 2011, 05:19 PM
touche.

Twentysix
November 14th, 2011, 05:24 PM
I thought all teams were supposed to drop 6 places during their bye week! ;)

This is the common law. MSU at #8

401ks
November 14th, 2011, 05:36 PM
xcoffeex

My vote this week.

I seem to agree with many people here. That's a scary thought! :p

1: Montana State Bobcats
2: Sam Houston State Bearkats
3: Georgia Southern Eagles
4: Northern Iowa Panthers
5: Towson Tigers
6: North Dakota State Bison
8: Montana Grizzlies
9: Old Dominion Monarchs
10: Maine Black Bears
14: Illinois State Redbirds
15: Indiana State Sycamores
16: Central Arkansas Bears
17: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
18: Furman Paladins
19: Stony Brook Seawolves
20: Liberty Flames
21: Harvard Crimson
22: James Madison Dukes
23: Norfolk State Spartans
24: Portland State Vikings
25: Youngstown State Penguins

BlueHenSinfonian
November 14th, 2011, 06:05 PM
4: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
5: Montana Grizzlies
6: Towson Tigers
7: Maine Black Bears
9: North Dakota State Bison
10: Northern Iowa Panthers
13: Illinois State Redbirds
14: New Hampshire Wildcats
16: Liberty Flames
18: Central Arkansas Bears
19: Norfolk State Spartans
20: Indiana State Sycamores
21: James Madison Dukes
23: Stony Brook Seawolves
24: Youngstown State Penguins
25: Georgetown Hoyas

Here's mine.

extremerouge
November 14th, 2011, 07:06 PM

Here's mine.

Not much respect for NDSU or UNI huh

FargoBison
November 14th, 2011, 07:10 PM

Here's mine.

Montana #5, well I guess they beat your #22 ranked team and lost to an unranked team. Meanwhile NDSU beat your #10, #13 and #20, plus an FBS team and lost to your #24 ranked team. Thank God the committee does not use polls, I don't want to pick anyone but it seems like people just throw a team's body of work out the window.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 14th, 2011, 07:15 PM
My crack at it....

1: Montana State Bobcats
2: Georgia Southern Eagles
3: Sam Houston State Bearkats
4: North Dakota State Bison
5: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
7: Towson Tigers
8: Montana Grizzlies
10: Old Dominion Monarchs
11: Appalachian State Mountaineers
12: Wofford Terriers
13: Liberty Flames
14: Illinois State Redbirds
15: New Hampshire Wildcats
16: Harvard Crimson
17: Youngstown State Penguins
19: James Madison Dukes
21: Stony Brook Seawolves
22: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
23: Portland State Vikings
24: North Dakota Fighting Sioux
25: Albany Great Danes

Bearkats94
November 14th, 2011, 07:44 PM

No they stay at number 2 because they didn't have anything to show for this week. Do you give your kids a prize before they do a job or after? Thats how I look at it. But I guess most of you are college kids anyway and wouldn't know.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2011, 08:07 PM
No they stay at number 2 because they didn't have anything to show for this week. Do you give your kids a prize before they do a job or after? Thats how I look at it. But I guess most of you are college kids anyway and wouldn't know.

Then I assume you would also ojbect to SHSU being in a logtier place this week due to them jumping at least 10 spots on their bye week so they wouldn't be anywhere the spot they are now if that hadn't happened for them. SHSU was definitetly the recipient of an upgrade from not working that weekend and should not have been rewarded either.

Most of the guys here being college kids is a fairly bad assessment too I think.xlolx

Seawolf97
November 14th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Hey we finally cracked the Top 25 by most pollsters. I'm happy now to win Saturday afternoon!

Bearkat-Backer
November 14th, 2011, 08:20 PM
SHSU was definitetly the recipient of an upgrade from not working that weekend and should not have been rewarded either.

Not sure if you are taking a jab at our SOS or if you are serious, but our bye was in week 2 and we where unranked before and after.

Bearkats94
November 14th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Then I assume you would also ojbect to SHSU being in a logtier place this week due to them jumping at least 10 spots on their bye week so they wouldn't be anywhere the spot they are now if that hadn't happened for them. SHSU was definitetly the recipient of an upgrade from not working that weekend and should not have been rewarded either.

Most of the guys here being college kids is a fairly bad assessment too I think.xlolx

When a team has a bye week they shouldn't move. Don't most of you vote by what they have done that week and by how strong of a team they played? How can not playing a game be stronger than playing a game. Hell we should have a whole season of bye weeks after the first games played.

From what I remember Sam wasn't even ranked when we had a bye week. Again I maybe wrong.

FargoBison
November 14th, 2011, 08:27 PM
If your poll submission is based on a team's overall body of work they could earn a number one ranking during a bye week. They don't necessarily need to win that week, their results so far should speak for themselves. We aren't in week 2 or 3 anymore....

BlueHenSinfonian
November 14th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Montana #5, well I guess they beat your #22 ranked team and lost to an unranked team. Meanwhile NDSU beat your #10, #13 and #20, plus an FBS team and lost to your #24 ranked team. Thank God the committee does not use polls, I don't want to pick anyone but it seems like people just throw a team's body of work out the window.

Montana's loss was early in the season and they have had plenty of time to build back. I've had NDSU at #1 up until this week, and haven't had YSU ranked until the NDSU victory.

frozennorth
November 14th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Ndsu that far behind uni is a bit odd.

My top 5 would have been:

Msu
Shsu
Ndsu
Uni
Towson
Maine
Gsu
Lehigh
Montana
App

4-9 are all pretty interchangable.

HailSzczur
November 14th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Ndsu that far behind uni is a bit odd.

My top 5 would have been:

Msu
Shsu
Ndsu
Uni
Towson
Maine
Gsu
Lehigh
Montana
App

4-9 are all pretty interchangable.

I don't understand how you could say Towson and Maine are interchangeable when they have the same record and Towson owns the head to head?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Not sure if you are taking a jab at our SOS or if you are serious, but our bye was in week 2 and we where unranked before and after.

Nope, not a jab at SOS. SHSU was not in the top 25 but they were ranked numerically and then jumped in their bye week. I'm making the point that it happens to everyone and if one is against when it works against them then I would assume that they also would want to compare how much their own team jumped in the similar situation where other teams played the week they had off.

frozennorth
November 14th, 2011, 09:42 PM
I don't understand how you could say Towson and Maine are interchangeable when they have the same record and Towson owns the head to head?
I meant the overall block. Towson should be above maine, though I think if towosn was as good as advertized, they should have beaten maryland. Maryland might be worse than minnesota.

extremerouge
November 14th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Montana's loss was early in the season and they have had plenty of time to build back. I've had NDSU at #1 up until this week, and haven't had YSU ranked until the NDSU victory.

I think UNI's "body of work" is better than ODU's, but I guess that is my perception.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2011, 09:47 PM
When a team has a bye week they shouldn't move. Don't most of you vote by what they have done that week and by how strong of a team they played? How can not playing a game be stronger than playing a game. Hell we should have a whole season of bye weeks after the first games played.

From what I remember Sam wasn't even ranked when we had a bye week. Again I maybe wrong.

They were ranked but they were deep enough it wasn't in the top 25. They were not in the top 40 and then in the week off vote went to #29 I think it was.

Having a week off doesn't kill any one and sometimes benefits them a good amount by other teams losing. It worked for SHSU, MSU, and many others as it does every week and every year.

Your philosophy on it is one way to go. It's obviously not the only way and when a voter is filling out their bracket they make those decisions according to what their thinking is.

We have nearly a full season in now so people have plenty to go on other than just "they had a week off" and on top of that MSU was getting a lot of #1 votes prior to the week off but NDSU was hogging some of those votes...then YSU changed some of those voters minds that may have been vacillating with NDSU & MSU.

FargoBison
November 14th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I think UNI's "body of work" is better than ODU's, but I guess that is my perception.

To be fair, NDSU and UNI's body of work far exceeds Montana's.

Fear the Bird
November 14th, 2011, 10:13 PM
To be fair, NDSU and UNI's body of work far exceeds Montana's.

Thank you! I dont think montana deserves a seed if they win this week they have literally nothing on their resume

Fear the Bird
November 14th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I meant the overall block. Towson should be above maine, though I think if towosn was as good as advertized, they should have beaten maryland. Maryland might be worse than minnesota.

Thats just an asinine statement

BlueHenSinfonian
November 14th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Thank you! I dont think montana deserves a seed if they win this week they have literally nothing on their resume

If they win they'll have beaten the #1 ranked team, have a 9-2 record in a tough conference, and have only 1 FCS loss, that doesn't warrant a seed?

Fear the Bird
November 14th, 2011, 10:20 PM
If they win they'll have beaten the #1 ranked team, have a 9-2 record in a tough conference, and have only 1 FCS loss, that doesn't warrant a seed?

Tough conference? They would probably get the 5 seed but that Sac St loss is bad and they havent overwhelmed in other games

BlueHenSinfonian
November 14th, 2011, 10:24 PM

I think it's debatable. UNI's signature win at this point is Indiana State, with YSU as a kicker. ODU has a signature win with James Madison, and a tougher conference schedule. I could see the argument going either way, but UNI has a tendency to fall apart once the playoffs start. ODU may be unproven, but CAA teams tend to do very well once in the playoffs.

PantherRob82
November 14th, 2011, 10:27 PM
I think it's debatable. UNI's signature win at this point is Indiana State, with YSU as a kicker. ODU has a signature win with James Madison, and a tougher conference schedule. I could see the argument going either way, but UNI has a tendency to fall apart once the playoffs start. ODU may be unproven, but CAA teams tend to do very well once in the playoffs.

Yeah, you know, semis in 01 and 08, championship game in 05, and quarters in 03 and 07, that is the dictionary definition of falling apart. Last year was our only first playoff game loss in how many years?

FargoBison
November 14th, 2011, 10:27 PM

To be honest Montana State isn't exactly sitting on a tremendous resume either. Both Montana and MSU have one top 25 win against Portland State. Both also have non-DI wins. NDSU, UNI, Maine, SHSU, Towson and GSU if they all win would have better arguments to be seeded over the Griz in my opinion.

UNIFanSince1983
November 14th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Yeah, you know, semis in 01 and 08, championship game in 05, and quarters in 03 and 07, that is the dictionary definition of falling apart. Last year was our only first playoff game loss in how many years?

We are 11-4 in the first round. We have been to the semis 7 times since 1985 which I believe was our first year in 1-AA. But I guess if you definition of falling apart is not making it to the championship this guy is right.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 14th, 2011, 10:39 PM

Plenty of trips to the playoffs, but only 1 title game appearance. UNH is a regular playoff participant, but they can't seem to seal the deal either.

PantherRob82
November 14th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Plenty of trips to the playoffs, but only 1 title game appearance. UNH is a regular playoff participant, but they can't seem to seal the deal either.

So you think ODU will win the title this year? Cant you just admit you made a dumb comment? Under your definition 19 teams will fall apart once the playoffs start. xlolx

frozennorth
November 14th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Thats just an asinine statement

Last I checked, maryland had two wins, one over towson, one over miami when the entire starting lineup was out. Elite fcs teams should win those games.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 14th, 2011, 10:50 PM
So you think ODU will win the title this year? Cant you just admit you made a dumb comment? Under your definition 19 teams will fall apart once the playoffs start. xlolx

I never said I thought ODU would win the title. This is the first year they're playoff eligible so even making the playoffs is a huge accomplishment. Expectations are different for different teams. UNI tends to come in highly hyped but never seems to follow through at clutch time. To be fair, the same could be said for UD, making the title game in the last two playoff appearances but falling apart once there.

The MEAC, PL, NEC, and Big South representatives in the playoffs are expected to get sent home after the first or second round. For the MVC, Big Sky, SoCon and CAA champs anything other than a title run should be considered a disappointment, and for the at-large representatives from those conferences I don't think it's out of the question to expect some upsets and deep playoff runs more often than not.

I think UNI is a good team, in fact, I think UNI is a very good team as I rated them in the top 10. I don't think UNI is a top 5 team right now, but that's just my opinion.

PantherRob82
November 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM
You're no fun. I should use more emoticons. Just ribbing you. ;)

PantherRob82
November 14th, 2011, 11:02 PM
And I'm not sure who deserves what ranking anymore. No one has shown any kind of consistent play. I have to do my vote in "pods" of teams and then do my best to rank them. Top Ten or so could be argued, 11-15, and below 15, who knows?

BlueHenSinfonian
November 14th, 2011, 11:04 PM
And I'm not sure who deserves what ranking anymore. No one has shown any kind of consistent play. I have to do my vote in "pods" of teams and then do my best to rank them. Top Ten or so could be argued, 11-15, and below 15, who knows?

I agree, it's a crapshoot towards the bottom. The nice thing is that in a few weeks we won't have to rely on polls to determine where everyone stands anymore.

Cleets
November 14th, 2011, 11:11 PM
No. It's the second week in a row we've been under 100 just barely but we've been over 100 all year since the first week or two. Fell a little short again though. Next year I think we'll be seeing some higher numbers cuz there are some that didn't get registered that are waiting in the wings and even voting that we haven't been counting in the totals.

I've told em' they could vote for practice if they wanted to and some have been casting ballots here and there to get in the groove so I assume they'll be geared up for next season.

Do we need to give away MORE stuff to the 100% voting record voters..?
What's the right amount of motivation.. maybe that's about all there is - about 100 folks who have the inclination and time..?

MTfan4life
November 15th, 2011, 12:29 AM
What's the right amount of motivation.. maybe that's about all there is - about 100 folks who have the inclination and time..?

I think you need to somehow make sure that every person's team does well. That way they all want to keep voting for their own team. If all the teams are undefeated then everyone will stay in the game. :D

ursus arctos horribilis
November 15th, 2011, 12:39 PM

The latter could be true. Our prize for doing a good job is just fine for now. I want to people to do this that have a real passion for doing it and not jjust because we give them some prize. It's nice to get something for a good season effort but we don't need "prize pigs" in this thing.

This was a big undertaking to get set up rolling and learn how things should be done for myself in this first season. A lot of kinks to work out and so forth along the way. It has been running at a very efficient and high level the past month and is now just sort of like breathing. The initial problems in some part was notifying people and having voters check their pm's/emails and respond in a timely fashion. We've gotten that down to more of a science as well and next year it will be smoother for me, agspoll, the Poll Committee, and most importantly the voters in the poll.

I am sure that we will add voters next year and since this already one of, if not the largest voting base we'll plenty fine next year.xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 15th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I think you need to somehow make sure that every person's team does well. That way they all want to keep voting for their own team. If all the teams are undefeated then everyone will stay in the game. :D

This has some truth to it as well.xlolx

JMUNJ08
November 15th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Last I checked, maryland had two wins, one over towson, one over miami when the entire starting lineup was out. Elite fcs teams should win those games.

No elite team at the fcs level is actually expected or favored to win their fbs game. Maryland has tons of injuries lately while they were competitive early. You can't penalize them for losing to a BCS squad. These wins are always called upsets for a reason...

DJKyR0
November 16th, 2011, 12:50 AM
No elite team at the fcs level is actually expected or favored to win their fbs game. Maryland has tons of injuries lately while they were competitive early. You can't penalize them for losing to a BCS squad. These wins are always called upsets for a reason...

Except when Minnesota is involved. xthumbsupx

Bearkat-Backer
November 16th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Except when Minnesota is involved. xthumbsupx

I think you mean New Mexico. xthumbsupx

heath
November 16th, 2011, 10:38 AM
AGS Top 25 For November 14, 2011

1 Montana State Bobcats 2335 63
2 Sam Houston State Bearkats 2251 29
3 Georgia Southern Eagles 2141 1
4 Northern Iowa Panthers 2042 0
5 North Dakota State Bison 1954 1
6 Towson Tigers 1810 1
7 Lehigh Mountain Hawks 1768
8 Montana Grizzlies 1728
9 Maine Black Bears 1606
10 Old Dominion Monarchs 1501
11 Appalachian State Mountaineers 1448
12 Wofford Terriers 1322
13 New Hampshire Wildcats 1205
14 Illinois State Redbirds 1100
15 Liberty Flames 882
16 Central Arkansas Bears 869
17 Harvard Crimson 839
18 James Madison Dukes 643
19 Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens 636
20 Indiana State Sycamores 480
21 Youngstown State Penguins 466
22 Norfolk State Spartans 433
23 Furman Paladins 359
24 Portland State Vikings 352
25 Stony Brook Seawolves 148

Most Significant Win: Youngstown State Penguins

Most Significant Loss: North Dakota State Bison

26 Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles 89
27 Chattanooga Mocs 67
28 Jackson State Tigers 52
29 Georgetown Hoyas 49
30 South Dakota Coyotes 49
31 Brown Bears 48
32 North Dakota Fighting Sioux 43
33 Albany Great Danes 27
34 Jacksonville State Gamecocks 24
35 Duquesne Dukes 24
36 Drake Bulldogs 18
37 Cal Poly Mustangs 13
38T Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks 9
38T Southern Utah Thunderbirds 9
40 Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 8

AnyGivenSaturday.com
1 Eastern Washington Eagles 1182 (35)
2 Georgia Southern Eagles 1088 (6)
3 William & Mary Tribe 1081 (4)
4 Appalachian State Mountaineers 1059 (3)
5 Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens 978
6 Montana State Bobcats 884
7 Wofford Terriers 830
8 North Dakota State Bison 749
9 Northern Iowa Panthers 731
10 New Hampshire Wildcats 703
11 Jacksonville State Gamecocks 633
12 Montana Grizzlies 526
13 Villanova Wildcats 513 (1)
14 Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks 496
15 Lehigh Mountain Hawks 429
16 Richmond Spiders 375
17 James Madison Dukes 365
18 Chattanooga Mocs 363
19 Liberty Flames 309
20 Cal Poly Mustangs 244
21 South Carolina State Bulldogs 230
22 Southeast Missouri State Redhawks 188
23 Southern Illinois Salukis 187
24 Central Arkansas Bears 163
25 Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 127
Other Receiving Votes:
McNeese State Cowboys 125, Pennsylvania Quakers 114, Western Illinois Leathernecks 100, Southern Utah Thunderbirds 98, Indiana State Sycamores 60, Eastern Kentucky Colonels 57, Old Dominion Monarchs 47, Florida A&M Rattlers 45, Harvard Crimson 44, South Dakota State Jackrabbits 41, Furman Paladins 33, Robert Morris Colonials 27, Jacksonville Dolphins 26, Murray State Racers 22, Weber State Wildcats 19, Elon Phoenix 19.
-Things have really changed after 11 weeks or so. SHSU,Maine and Towson have come from nowhere,and others have vanished..........Playoffs should be unpredictable also

jmufan999
November 16th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I think you mean New Mexico. xthumbsupx

The funny part is that there will be at least one FCS playoff team that beat an FBS team that will fail to win the FCS national championship. Fans of those teams will have to live with the following phrase for the next year:

"So you can beat FBS (insert team) but you can't even beat FCS (insert team)? Bahaha"

Bearkat-Backer
November 16th, 2011, 12:35 PM
The funny part is that there will be at least one FCS playoff team that beat an FBS team that will fail to win the FCS national championship. Fans of those teams will have to live with the following phrase for the next year:

"So you can beat FBS (insert team) but you can't even beat FCS (insert team)? Bahaha"

I think the bottom of the FBS is close to level with the top of the FCS. As long as SHSU is competitive in their playoff games I will be happy. No one ever expected our program to turn around this fast. the majority of our play makers are only sophmores so hopefully this is just the start to something special.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2011, 12:37 PM
AnyGivenSaturday.com
7 Wofford Terriers 830
12 Montana Grizzlies 526
16 Richmond Spiders 375
18 Chattanooga Mocs 363
19 Liberty Flames 309
20 Cal Poly Mustangs 244
Other Receiving Votes:
McNeese State Cowboys 125, Pennsylvania Quakers 114, Western Illinois Leathernecks 100, Southern Utah Thunderbirds 98, Indiana State Sycamores 60, Eastern Kentucky Colonels 57, Old Dominion Monarchs 47, Florida A&M Rattlers 45, Harvard Crimson 44, South Dakota State Jackrabbits 41, Furman Paladins 33, Robert Morris Colonials 27, Jacksonville Dolphins 26, Murray State Racers 22, Weber State Wildcats 19, Elon Phoenix 19.
-Things have really changed after 11 weeks or so. SHSU,Maine and Towson have come from nowhere,and others have vanished..........Playoffs should be unpredictable also

Agree, it's gonna be wild.

HailSzczur
November 16th, 2011, 03:24 PM
AnyGivenSaturday.com
7 Wofford Terriers 830
12 Montana Grizzlies 526
16 Richmond Spiders 375
18 Chattanooga Mocs 363
19 Liberty Flames 309
20 Cal Poly Mustangs 244

Not even close on a bunch of these

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Not even close on a bunch of these

Yeah, pretty regular that about 25% don't cut it isn't it?

darell1976
November 16th, 2011, 03:46 PM
AnyGivenSaturday.com
7 Wofford Terriers 830
12 Montana Grizzlies 526
16 Richmond Spiders 375
18 Chattanooga Mocs 363
19 Liberty Flames 309
20 Cal Poly Mustangs 244
Other Receiving Votes:

SUU now replaced by South Dakota and North Dakota joining Cal Poly in getting votes...what a difference a year makes.

HailSzczur
November 16th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Yeah, pretty regular that about 25% don't cut it isn't it?

Yeah, but I mean UR, Nova, and William and MAry especially we weren't just wrong about, they are complete swing and misses

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Yeah, but I mean UR, Nova, and William and MAry especially we weren't just wrong about, they are complete swing and misses

Yes but there was no reason not to think you were looking at a good pitch. Just turns out that some slight changes in the CAA lays a few more losses on the former stalwarts. I remember some of the Delaware saying that it was gonna be a tough year for Villanova and that Towson may be stepping forward this year from a few CAA guys but in reality they leaped forward along with Maine and that has a real big impact on those misses this year.

The story of Maine & Towson don't happen like this very often and certainly not two bottom feeders in the same conference jumping out like that.

PantherRob82
November 17th, 2011, 09:25 AM
The story of Maine & Towson don't happen like this very often and certainly not two bottom feeders in the same conference jumping out like that.

Is Maine really a bottom feeder?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Is Maine really a bottom feeder?

Ok Mr. Literal, they are a team that has looked to have promise to move up in the CAA but have fallen short the last 10 yrsw. until this year. They've probably been more middle of the pack to the lower end for a while.