PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Robinson Award

TexasTerror
November 14th, 2011, 06:28 AM
If I had to guess, these are your top candidates for the Eddie Robinson Award entering the final weekend of the season. If you had to vote for the Robinson Award - who would you back? If there's someone else, please feel free to contribute...

Pete Adrian, Norfolk State
Rob Ambrose, Towson
Rob Ash, Montana State
Craig Bohl, North Dakota State
Andy Coen, Lehigh
Jack Cosgrove, Maine
Willie Fritz, Sam Houston State
Jeff Monken, Georgia Southern
Tim Murphy, Harvard

BucBisonAtLarge
November 14th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Kevin Kelley, Georgetown is the other head coach who I think should be listed here. Whether he trumps Rob Ambrose and Towson, is for others to decide.

TexasTerror
November 14th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Kevin Kelley, Georgetown is the other head coach who I think should be listed here. Whether he trumps Rob Ambrose and Towson, is for others to decide.

I considered him, but my list was getting too long and I did not think he'd surpass a few of the others on the list...

UIWWildthing
November 14th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Biased pick here, but Rob Ambrose easily in my book. Taking a 1-10 team (who was 2-9 the year before and 3-8 the prior two years before that) to at least 8 wins, if not 9, a possible CAA title and the 1st appearance in the FCS playoffs in the school history is pretty amazing.

UNH Fanboi
November 14th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Ambrose of Towson and it is not even close.

TexasTerror
November 14th, 2011, 07:59 AM
If I had a ballot...

1. Ambrose
2. Fritz
3. Adrian

Ambrose and Adrian in the top three are no brainers... the playoff berths for two long-time dormant programs. Norfolk State has never rec'd a Div I playoff berth and I believe their last berth was in Div II before many of the players were born! Fritz is the third guy, having led a team picked 4th or 5th in the SLC to a top five program, the first undisputed championship in school history and we're talking of a team that is predominantly underclassmen.

HailSzczur
November 14th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Ambrose. Talk about turning a team and a program around

tribefan40
November 14th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Ambrose of Towson and it is not even close.

+1

bjtheflamesfan
November 14th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Id certainly consider Coach Ambrose for his turnaround but Id also consider my own coach Danny Rocco. To go through all the injuries he's had to deal with and still have Liberty in line for their first ever playoff bid this weekend ought to count for something

heath
November 14th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Id certainly consider Coach Ambrose for his turnaround but Id also consider my own coach Danny Rocco. To go through all the injuries he's had to deal with and still have Liberty in line for their first ever playoff bid this weekend ought to count for something

Rocco? no way,fans at Liberty were calling for his head mid season and said they have under achieved the past 3 years.With the talent at Liberty, Rocco should have already gone to playoffs multiple times.............as far as injuries,next man up if you've recruited well. Ambrose wins hands down

DJnva
November 14th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Wilder at ODU? 9-2 and in the playoffs?

GATA_Eagles
November 14th, 2011, 09:30 AM
I'm actually going to go with Ambrose on this one. What he has done with the Towson team is nothing short of a miracle.

andy7171
November 14th, 2011, 11:17 AM
How do you think that he would do with non-scholarship players like Andy Coen of Lehigh?
We had some pretty good offenses when he was our OC under Combs in the Patriot League years.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 14th, 2011, 11:26 AM
IMO, this is an award that should be voted on at the end of the playoffs and not at the end of the RS.

I suspect (and we'll find out when it's playoff time) that Towson's success is mostly because the CAA took a nose-dive after last year. On the other hand, SHSU's run this year has been due more to coaching IMO. This would be my ballot...

1. Fritz
2. Monken
3. Ambrose