PDA

View Full Version : Which SoCon-SEC game will be the closest?

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 13th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Which team will come the closest to actually making a game of it?

Samford @ Auburn
Furman @ Florida
GSU @ Alabama
The Citadel @ South Carolina

GSUEagle08
November 13th, 2011, 03:56 PM
The worst part to me in our game is gonna be the end when they "Rammer Jammer" us.

Gil Dobie
November 13th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Furman V Florida will be the closest

ASU_Fanatic
November 13th, 2011, 05:17 PM
furman-florida or citadel-sc

CropDuster
November 13th, 2011, 05:23 PM
USCe had trouble with Navy earlier in the season, so I could see Citadel having a decent showing provided they don't have so many special teams miscues and turnovers.

GSU could be alright if they can atleast move the ball on Bama's D and not let Richardson and Lacy run rough shod on them. Their offense hasn't exactly been explosive but our defense will definitely have to dig down deep in this one. One thing is for certain, GSU's FG kicker is better than Bama's. xpeacex

blueballs
November 13th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Furman V Florida will be the closest

Agreed... UF's offense is putrid.

SonuvaHenx2
November 13th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Furman @ Florida

Florida is the worst of the 4 SEC teams, and Furman is no pushover

GSUEagles#1
November 13th, 2011, 07:43 PM
USCe had trouble with Navy earlier in the season, so I could see Citadel having a decent showing provided they don't have so many special teams miscues and turnovers.

GSU could be alright if they can atleast move the ball on Bama's D and not let Richardson and Lacy run rough shod on them. Their offense hasn't exactly been explosive but our defense will definitely have to dig down deep in this one. One thing is for certain, GSU's FG kicker is better than Bama's. xpeacex

Can't we just hope that we get to the 30 yard line every time and let Mora kick?? They will be so stunned that a lower division team has such a good kicker they will forget how to play...

ngineer
November 13th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Kevin Higgins has a knack for getting his team to play up to the big schools. Won't forget the huge scare they put into Wisconsin a few years back. The Knobheads will give the Ol' Ball Coach all he can handle.

Grizalltheway
November 13th, 2011, 10:18 PM

I think scoring points yourselves will be the bigger concern. Too much NFL speed on that defense for them to have any trouble stopping the option. xtwocentsx

SU DOG
November 13th, 2011, 11:03 PM
It could very well be Samford @ Auburn. Auburn is honoring our coach as this is the 40th anniversary of Pat Sullivan winning the Heisman Trophy there. It might have been better, however, if Georgia hadn't drummed them so badly, as they might want to get back on track - who knows? Auburn has Bama next, of course, and I hope wants to rest some starters.