View Full Version : What would be everyone's top 5 seeds at this point after today 11.12?

GSU Eagle
November 12th, 2011, 11:10 PM
How do you guys see the seeds going after today?

I would assume the following would be in the discussion:
UNI, NDSU, GSU, Mont. St., SHSU, Towson, Lehigh, Montana (??)

I would go something like this:
1. Mont. St.
2. GSU
3. Towson
4. Sam Houston St.
5. NDSU

We will see if the committee just goes by records to seed teams. I really believe Sam Houston St., while they may be undefeated, will be knocked down some because of the perception that the Southland is down from the SoCon and CAA.

FargoBison
November 12th, 2011, 11:13 PM
1. Montana State
2. SHSU
3. NDSU
4. GSU
5. UNI or Towson

Lehigh needs some help.

Tod
November 12th, 2011, 11:13 PM
If Montana wins the Brawl, I think we get a seed, but would that knock MSU out of a seed? I guess it would.

Yours looks pretty reasonable to me, right now.

Tod
November 12th, 2011, 11:17 PM
1. Montana State
2. SHSU
3. NDSU
4. GSU
5. UNI or Towson

Lehigh needs some help.

No way would the 2nd place MVFC team take the seed from the CAA champ. You're dreaming.

Twentysix
November 12th, 2011, 11:18 PM
No way would the 2nd place MVFC team take the seed from the CAA champ. You're dreaming.

Agree

FargoBison
November 12th, 2011, 11:19 PM

They'd actually be the MVFC co-champ in this scenario. But I would give the Towson the slight advantage, UNI could make a strong case though.

That said I think the GSU fan is dreaming that NDSU is a five seed, we beat three ranked FCS teams(including a top 5 team in UNI) and have an FBS win.

GSU Eagle
I would have to believe that the SoCon winner and the CAA winner will be seeded and both highly seeded.

ngineer
1. Montana State
2. SHSU
3. NDSU
4. GSU
5. UNI or Towson

Lehigh needs some help.

True, but with the way things are going this year it is not out of the realm of possibility.

McNeese75
November 12th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Montana State
Sam Houston State
Georgia Southern
North Dakota State
Towson

FargoBison
November 12th, 2011, 11:23 PM
True, but with the way things are going this year it is not out of the realm of possibility.

Yes UNI has a tough game at Illinois State, Montana State of course plays Montana and GSU plays Bama(but they should be a seed regardless).

GSU Eagle
November 12th, 2011, 11:23 PM
To me the most interesting decision is where Sam Houston will be seeded. The Southland is not going to be thought of in the same group as the CAA and SoCon. Will an undefeated Sam Houston team be seeded above Towson and GSU. That will be an interesting call.

GSU Eagle
November 12th, 2011, 11:25 PM
If Montana beats Montana St. I believe Montana will be seeded either #4 or #5.

FargoBison
November 13th, 2011, 12:29 AM
but you lost today to an UNRANKED team

very simple indeed

Welcome to the ignore list.....

FargoBison
November 13th, 2011, 12:33 AM
TheFan
Major FCS Ruler

This message is hidden because TheFan is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list

StorminASU
November 13th, 2011, 12:51 AM

Sore loser much?
I thought we kept reading thread after thread about how NDSU was unbeatable and the penguins shoudn't even show up? I thought the fargo dome was going to make them pee themselves?

FargoBison
November 13th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Sore loser much?
I thought we kept reading thread after thread about how NDSU was unbeatable and the penguins shoudn't even show up? I thought the fargo dome was going to make them pee themselves?

I never said anything like that...I will talk to people that want to have well reasoned discussion...TheFan is a douche. I'm done with him.

SeattleGriz
November 13th, 2011, 01:05 AM

If Montana beats State, they should be higher than a 4 or 5. I'm thinking a 3. They would have beaten most likely the #1 team at their house and on a 7 game win streak with only one FCS loss. The only team at that point in consideration for a seed with more consecutive wins would be Sam Houston.

mango433
November 13th, 2011, 01:07 AM
now why would you want to attack another poster by calling them a "douche"?

your team lost to an UNRANKED team

now take it like a man

And you (I'm assuming you are a UNI fan) lost to NDSU and barely beat Youngstown. The 'Guins are a good team

Squealofthepig
November 13th, 2011, 01:13 AM

I'm still not sure of that; Montana's issue this year is a lack of a real signature win, coupled with a relatively bad road loss at Sacramento State. Even if Montana beats MSU head-to-head, the 'Cats have an overall stronger resume (no bad losses, only loss (assuming arguendo UM wins the brawl, which is definitely not a given!) to a conference rival in FCS and one FBS loss).

But, yes, timing is everything, and agree with GSU Eagle that that is probably what the conference selection committee would do. If the brawl was week one, and the Griz won, and they lost their final game at Sac State, there's no way they'd get a seed.

Twentysix
November 13th, 2011, 01:16 AM
And you (I'm assuming you are a UNI fan) lost to NDSU and barely beat Youngstown. The 'Guins are a good team

He is a princeton fan that lives and dies lehigh sports. Welcome to the looney bin...and I don't mean Canada.

mango433
November 13th, 2011, 01:22 AM
He is a princeton fan that lives and dies lehigh sports. Welcome to the looney bin...and I don't mean Canada.

Wait, what??

I cheer for one Princeton team because we have a kid from Pierre playing hockey there.

People on AGS are crazy.

Mr. C
November 13th, 2011, 01:22 AM
1. Montana State
2. Sam Houston State
3. Georgia Southern
4. UNI
5. Lehigh/Towson

Towson beat UNH by 14 points, Lehigh lost to UNH in overtime.

Squealofthepig
November 13th, 2011, 01:27 AM

Transitive property etc/etc. But yes, CAA champ vs. Patriot League champ (0-1 vs. CAA)? Yeah, gotta give it to the CAA.

LehighU11
November 13th, 2011, 01:32 AM
Wait, what??

I cheer for one Princeton team because we have a kid from Pierre playing hockey there.

People on AGS are crazy.

He's referring to TheFan...

SeattleGriz
November 13th, 2011, 01:40 AM
wrong yet again

Lehigh would be in consideration for a top five seed and have a 9 game winning streak at that point in time

Okay, outside Lehigh and SHSU. As for seeding of Lehigh, it's possible, but I still think Montana gets a 3 seed. My two cents dude, that is all.

sgt smash
November 13th, 2011, 01:48 AM
wrong yet again

Lehigh would be in consideration for a top five seed and have a 9 game winning streak at that point in time

You have proven yourself worthy. With a conference full of powerhouses like Holy Cross,Lafayette and Colgate. I will bet the rest of the FCS is shaking in their cleats worrying about lining up against Lehigh in the playoffs.

Tell you what Fan: If Lehigh makes it farther than NDSU in the playoffs this year. I will go to the thrift store and buy a Lehigh t-shirt and wear it at every home NDSU football game I go to next year. If they don't have any shirts at the thrift store I will either buy one off the homeless guy by the interstate or go to www.downonmyluck.com and get one from the merchandise tab.

LehighU11
November 13th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Tell you what Fan: If Lehigh makes it farther than NDSU in the playoffs this year. I will go to the thrift store and buy a Lehigh t-shirt and wear it at every home NDSU football game I go to next year. If they don't have any shirts at the thrift store I will either buy one off the homeless guy by the interstate or go to www.downonmyluck.com and get one from the merchandise tab.

Will that be off of the homeless guys living in the Walmart parking lot thanks to the oil boom in ND?xlolx

I wouldn't discount this Lehigh team in the playoffs simply because they haven't played a schedule that is as rigorous as those in the CAA or SoCon. However, they went to UNI last year and completely shut them down, and also led for most of the first half against a very strong FCS runner-up in Delaware. They put up just as many points (20) against the Blue Hens as EWU did in the title game. The entire team has gained a year of experience and is even more explosive on offensive and stronger on D than last year's squad.

sgt smash
November 13th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Is there any way to search how many times Fan has said "UNRANKED" today?... gotta be some sort of AGS record. We get the point, NDSU lost, sucks and should go back to DII. Meanwhile Lehigh is crowned the BCS champ before the season is over and any Bowl Games are played. Congrats Fan.

frozennorth
November 13th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Thefan is lehighs lakesbsion, only maybe slightly worse.

If msu wins:

Msu
Shsu
Ndsu
Gsu
Towson

If um wins:

Ndsu
Shsu
Gsu
Towson
Montana

Shsu I think is a lock for the 2 seed, but won't get the honorary 1 seed due to a weaker conference, unless both msu and ndsu lose. Ndsu will have 10 dI wins to gsu's or montana's 8, and have the second best record in fcs at 10-1.

The best big4 team will get the 1 seed, which will be either msu or ndsu. If both lose, I dunno between shsu gsu and uni but I would lean toward shsu as the 1.

UNIFanSince1983
November 13th, 2011, 02:19 AM
2011 Number of Loses to UNRANKED teams
1 - NDSU
0 - Lehigh

Number of DI wins:
NDSU - 9
Princeton - 1

I guess I can see why you would want to cheer for someone other than your actual team...

frozennorth
November 13th, 2011, 02:23 AM
On further thought, if um wins, uni would have a good case for the 5 seed as well, with an identical record and better win resume, assuming they win next week.

sgt smash
November 13th, 2011, 02:25 AM
NDSU
GSU
UNI
SHSU
MSU

Not in that order, but all top 5 teams.

frozennorth
November 13th, 2011, 02:26 AM
ah, but we are not discussing Princeton are we?

we were comparing the number of losses to unranked teams by NDSU and Lehigh, weren't we?

Actually we were talking about who deserves the 5 seeds, aka a conversation that doesn't involve lehigh

UNIFanSince1983
November 13th, 2011, 02:30 AM
I am curious as to how teams on the seed bubble draw. Like how has Towson been in attendance this year? How does Lehigh draw? MSU? SHSU?

I know NDSU, GSU, and Montana are all big draws. This will play a factor in seeding whether we like it or not. They will want teams that are guaranteed home games to also have good crowds.

UNIFanSince1983
November 13th, 2011, 02:31 AM
ah, but we are not discussing Princeton are we?

we were discussing top 5 seeds and the effect of the number of losses to unranked teams by NDSU and Lehigh, weren't we?

Sorry I bring up Princeton to a Princeton fan...

frozennorth
November 13th, 2011, 02:37 AM
sorry, but after NDSU's RECENT loss to an unranked team, it is NDSU that doesn't belong in a top 5 conversation
I think I've figured this out, you are an ndsu fan covertly trying to rally fcs support to ndsu. Well played sir.

UNIFanSince1983
November 13th, 2011, 02:40 AM
Lehigh will draw about 18,000 fans at home this coming week...

Is that about what they average or is it just because it is the Lafayette game?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2011, 07:30 AM
sorry but NDSU will not be a top 5 team due to its RECENT loss to an unranked team

Hey genius.....a 10-1 NDSU team will be a top 3 seed.....go troll somewhere else.

Go find your unemployment check under your work boots.....oh wait.......good thing I told you.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Is that about what they average or is it just because it is the Lafayette game?

Only because it is Lafayette.

GSUEagles#1
November 13th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Thefan is lehighs lakesbsion, only maybe slightly worse.

If msu wins:

Msu
Shsu
Ndsu
Gsu
Towson

If um wins:

Ndsu
Shsu
Gsu
Towson
Montana

Shsu I think is a lock for the 2 seed, but won't get the honorary 1 seed due to a weaker conference, unless both msu and ndsu lose. Ndsu will have 10 dI wins to gsu's or montana's 8, and have the second best record in fcs at 10-1.

The best big4 team will get the 1 seed, which will be either msu or ndsu. If both lose, I dunno between shsu gsu and uni but I would lean toward shsu as the 1.

How do you put NDSU above GSU when NDSU lost to an unranked team, GSU's only loss was to a 5th ranked App State.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2011, 07:45 AM
How do you put NDSU above GSU when NDSU lost to an unranked team, GSU's only loss was to a 5th ranked App State.

YSU has one of the best offenses in the country. No excuse for our lose, though.

GSU will end up 9-2......seeding could go....who knows. GSU will not get penalized for the Alabama loss but a 10-1 NDSU team could still be anywhere from a #1-#4 depending on how other teams finish.

hawkineer
November 13th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Lehigh will draw about 18,000 fans at home this coming week...
Unless they add 2,000 temporary seats, there will be 16,000 fans in the stand, of which 6,000 to 7,000 will be quivering puddly cat fans. Please take a deep breath every once in awhile. xsmhx It is very unlikely LU will get a seed. Let's hope for a bye and a home game. I am hoping the committee acts like they did in '01 and '04 and not like they did in '00.

Eaglegus2
November 13th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Here is my take on the top 5 seeds. I have been out of the loop this year but have paid some attention to the teams from the Frozen Tundra. After losing to YSU the Bison loses the #1 seed. SHSU will win out but the Southland isn't as strong a conference as the Big Sky, CAA and SoCon. Montana State must defeat Montana to keep a top 5 losing to Montana would be a diaster. Montana is on the bubble with a win over Montana State. Towson is playing great football a top 5 is guaranteed just where? Georgia Southern winning the SoCon gives them a top 5. These are my top 5 teams so here goes my ranking.

#1. Montana State gets the ranking with a win on Saturday.
#2. North Dakota State lost the top ranking by losing to YSU.
#3. Georgia Southern wins the SoCon
#4. Sam Houston State goes undefeated but comes from a weak conference.
#5. Towson wins the CAA title but doesn't have the history of the other CAA teams to get any higher ranking.

This is my take. I appreciate any input from my fellow AGS brothers. It is good to be back on the board. This is the first time in years I have missed ranking teams each week.

Engineer86
November 13th, 2011, 07:54 AM
If MSU wins

MSU
GSU
SHSU
NDSU
Towson

If MU wins

GSU
SHSU
NDSU
Montana
Towson

The only way Lehigh gets #5 is win, Towson loses and Maine loses. All but Towson losing are reasonable possibilities. Start googling directions to Towson!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Here is my take on the top 5 seeds. I have been out of the loop this year but have paid some attention to the teams from the Frozen Tundra. After losing to YSU the Bison loses the #1 seed. SHSU will win out but the Southland isn't as strong a conference as the Big Sky, CAA and SoCon. Montana State must defeat Montana to keep a top 5 losing to Montana would be a diaster. Montana is on the bubble with a win over Montana State. Towson is playing great football a top 5 is guaranteed just where? Georgia Southern winning the SoCon gives them a top 5. These are my top 5 teams so here goes my ranking.

#1. Montana State gets the ranking with a win on Saturday.
#2. North Dakota State lost the top ranking by losing to YSU.
#3. Georgia Southern wins the SoCon
#4. Sam Houston State goes undefeated but comes from a weak conference.
#5. Towson wins the CAA title but doesn't have the history of the other CAA teams to get any higher ranking.

This is my take. I appreciate any input from my fellow AGS brothers. It is good to be back on the board. This is the first time in years I have missed ranking teams each week.

Good post....cannot argue with that.

If Montana State beats Montana they are probably the #1

blackfordpu
November 13th, 2011, 08:14 AM
If SHSU wins out there is now way they should be any lower than a #2 seed. One win over an FBS team and no games with sub DI teams going undefeated, #2 or #1 seed.

Engineer86
November 13th, 2011, 08:22 AM
If SHSU wins out there is now way they should be any lower than a #2 seed. One win over an FBS team and no games with sub DI teams going undefeated, #2 or #1 seed.

Where they get seeded will show what the committee thinks of a FBS win despite them being pitiful and overall strength of schedule. That said, others pointed out that many FCS teams do not play much of an OOC schedule, so why should SHSU be penalized. I don't have an answer, but can see either side of the argument. We will know soon enough.

Appattk
November 13th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I'll bite...

1. Montana State
2. Georgia Southern
3. Sam Houston State
4. Towson
5. UNI

The $$$ at GSU will be hard to NOT give them home games.....

CropDuster
November 13th, 2011, 09:21 AM
GSU has one FCS loss by one TD at the #5 team and our biggest rival. NDSU loses to an unranked at home, no way they should be ahead of us.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2011, 09:24 AM
GSU has one FCS loss by one TD at the #5 team and our biggest rival. NDSU loses to an unranked at home, no way they should be ahead of us.

GSU will be 9-2.

NDSU will be 10-1 with a 3 point loss at home to a YSU team that has one of the best offenses in the country.

You bet we CAN be ranked ahead of you.

Engineer86
November 13th, 2011, 09:31 AM
GSU will be 9-2.

NDSU will be 10-1 with a 3 point loss at home to a YSU team that has one of the best offenses in the country.

You bet we CAN be ranked ahead of you.

I don't see it. You both lost by one score. NDSU at home, GSU on the road. NDSU to unranked team, GSU to a top 5 team. The second GSU loss is Alabama money game. In my view GSU hands down.

ngineer
November 13th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I don't see it. You both lost by one score. NDSU at home, GSU on the road. NDSU to unranked team, GSU to a top 5 team. The second GSU loss is Alabama money game. In my view GSU hands down.

Agreed.

FargoBison
November 13th, 2011, 09:49 AM
YSU will be ranked when the committee fills out the brackets. They might even be a playoff team.

NDSU has an FBS win and three wins over ranked FCS teams. Including a win over a top 5 team.

GSU has wins vs one or two ranked teams(not sure what happens to Furman) and they also played a DII team. Their record in the committee's eyes is 8-2 and NDSU would be 10-1.

NDSU could absolutely be ahead of GSU.

asknoquarter21
November 13th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Two scenarios

1. Montana St.
2. GSU
3. NDSU
4. Towson
5. SHSU

or

1. GSU
2. NDSU
3. Towson
4. SHSU
5. Montana

LUHawker
November 13th, 2011, 10:09 AM

Yes they did - 9 games ago so that doesn't hold quite as much.

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Lehigh needs some help.

Oh, we'll do our very best to "help" Lehigh. That's for sure.

Professor Chaos
November 13th, 2011, 10:26 AM
1) Montana St
2) GSU
3) SHSU
4) NDSU
5) Towson

UNIFanSince1983
November 13th, 2011, 10:27 AM
We got hurt by that NDSU loss. The thing about it is we aren't going to get a seed, but if we win next week (which is far from a given) we would be 9-2 with an FBS loss and a loss to a Top 5 team at their place. Gonna sound very similar to Georgia Southern except we won't have gotten the autobid unless NDSU lays the biggest egg of the season next week.

That said we won't get a seed, and probably don't deserve one unless someone shocking loses next week.

I think it will be this if MSU wins the Brawl:
1) MSU
2) SHSU
3) NDSU
4) GSU
5) Towson

If Montana wins it gets mucky:
1) SHSU
2) NDSU
3) GSU
4) Towson
5) Montana

unigriff
November 13th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Its really quite simple. You are all trying to think in terms of head to head and one-two or three losses. That doesn't matter. in terms of NDSU any loss this late in the season is not good for them. Even if they finish 10-1, losing this late in the season was a killer. They won't get higher than 3rd in seeding if everyone wins...possibly could fall out of seeding.

They will likely fall to 6-8th rank...which doesn't help in the committees eyes.

FargoBison
November 13th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Its really quite simple. You are all trying to think in terms of head to head and one-two or three losses. That doesn't matter. in terms of NDSU any loss this late in the season is not good for them. Even if they finish 10-1, losing this late in the season was a killer. They won't get higher than 3rd in seeding if everyone wins...possibly could fall out of seeding.

They will likely fall to 6-8th rank...which doesn't help in the committees eyes.

BS, the committee loves FBS wins, only NDSU and SHSU have them when it comes to teams looking for a seed. NDSU also has three wins vs ranked FCS teams.

The MVFC is the #1 conference according to GPI, Massey and Sagarin(NDSU is still #1 in Sagarin this week, UNI is #2). If NDSU takes care of business next week this will just be a bump in the road, the committee will take NDSU's entire resume under consideration.

GSU Eagle
November 13th, 2011, 12:13 PM
In general conference champs from the top 4 conferences (SoCon, CAA, Big Sky and MVC) are going to be in the top 5 seeds somewhere. I jusst don't know what the committee will do with Sam Houston St. I believe they will get a seed but I don't think it will be a #1 or a #2.

MTfan4life
November 13th, 2011, 12:52 PM
When you rank teams you look at BOTH wins AND losses. Sure NDSU has a loss to Youngstown State. They are also 10-1. Poor or not, they beat a Big Ten team. They also have a win over a team who was ranked #2 in the country and two other potential playoff teams. That is a very strong resume.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Fully agree. The timing of the NDSU loss is going to kill them in the rankings - particularly because it is a loss to an unranked team at HOME

Frickin go away troll.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2011, 12:55 PM
We got hurt by that NDSU loss. The thing about it is we aren't going to get a seed, but if we win next week (which is far from a given) we would be 9-2 with an FBS loss and a loss to a Top 5 team at their place. Gonna sound very similar to Georgia Southern except we won't have gotten the autobid unless NDSU lays the biggest egg of the season next week.

That said we won't get a seed, and probably don't deserve one unless someone shocking loses next week.

I think it will be this if MSU wins the Brawl:
1) MSU
2) SHSU
3) NDSU
4) GSU
5) Towson

If Montana wins it gets mucky:
1) SHSU
2) NDSU
3) GSU
4) Towson
5) Montana

Good post....unlike many on here.

If UNI finishes 9-2, they are in consideration for a top seed.

DJKyR0
November 13th, 2011, 12:55 PM
When you rank teams you look at BOTH wins AND losses. Sure NDSU has a loss to Youngstown State. They are also 10-1. Poor or not, they beat a Big Ten team. They also have a win over a team who was ranked #2 in the country and two other potential playoff teams. That is a very strong resume.

Well, 9-1. As rough as WIU's looked this season no game is a gimme in the Valley - Missouri State proved that last season when we played them trying to get to 8-3.

Hope you're right, though.

FargoBison
November 13th, 2011, 01:52 PM
so are you claiming that the Sagarin rankings are now out after the NDSU loss to an unranked team at home?

if so, can you please provide a link?

thanks

FCS top 15

1. NDSU
2. UNI
3. Montana State
4. GSU
5. SHSU
6. Montana
7. YSU(Yep there is that terrible unranked team)
8. Wofford
9. Indiana State
10. Illinois State
11. App State
12. Towson
13. Lehigh
14. PSU
15. Chatty

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htm

DJKyR0
November 13th, 2011, 01:55 PM
facepalm...

It's not worth it.

MTfan4life
November 13th, 2011, 01:58 PM
FCS top 15

1. NDSU
2. UNI
3. Montana State
4. GSU
5. SHSU
6. Montana
7. YSU(Yep there is that terrible unranked team)
8. Wofford
9. Indiana State
10. Illinois State
11. App State
12. Towson
13. Lehigh
14. PSU
15. Chatty

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htm

this

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2011, 02:00 PM
BisonFan

what's with the MF attack?

face it

you lost to an unranked team at home just yesterday which is going to drop you to the 8th spot on the rankings that come out tomorrow....

You are a troll on anything with Bison in it.

We will not be #8 in any poll.

A 10-1 Bison team will be a top 3 seed......higher if others lose.

Why don't you worry about your very poor Princeton team?

MTfan4life
November 13th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Why don't you worry about your very poor Princeton team?

Why does this keep popping up as a comeback? Are you only allowed to be a die-hard fan of the school you attended?

blackfordpu
November 13th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Can someone please clarify if NDSU lost at home to an unranked team.xrolleyesx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Why does this keep popping up as a comeback? Are you only allowed to be a die-hard fan of the school you attended?

You live in Fargo and are a Grizz fan? Did you graduate there? Born in Missoula?

Maybe it is just me.....but I am not a "die-hard" fan of any other team besides my alma-mater......

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Can someone please clarify if NDSU lost at home to an unranked team.xrolleyesx

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xslapfightx troublemaker! :p

MTfan4life
November 13th, 2011, 03:02 PM
You live in Fargo and are a Grizz fan? Did you graduate there? Born in Missoula?

Maybe it is just me.....but I am not a "die-hard" fan of any other team besides my alma-mater......

Imagine growing up in Boston. You live and breathe Boston College football, but then go to college at Harvard. Do you suddenly become only a Harvard fan? Maybe in your eyes, but no. You can grow up a fan of one school, but not go to college there. I'm assuming he went to Princeton because of the high academics and not the sports tradition. I've been a Griz fan my entire life.

Lakes Bison
November 13th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Welcome to the ignore list.....

He is right though. They were unranked and we lost a home.

FargoBison
November 13th, 2011, 05:35 PM
He is right though. They were unranked and we lost a home.

We? The only thing more annoying than lakes is a poser pretending to be lakes.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Imagine growing up in Boston. You live and breathe Boston College football, but then go to college at Harvard. Do you suddenly become only a Harvard fan? Maybe in your eyes, but no. You can grow up a fan of one school, but not go to college there. I'm assuming he went to Princeton because of the high academics and not the sports tradition. I've been a Griz fan my entire life.

Born in Fargo and a Grizz fan your whole life?

I've lived in MN most of my adult life but I'm not a Gopher fan.......

No_Skill
November 13th, 2011, 05:44 PM
We? The only thing sadder than lakes is a poser pretending to be lakes.

Fixed it...

tribefan40
November 13th, 2011, 05:49 PM
After Today:

1) GSU
2) Montana St.
3) Towson
4) NDSU
5) SHSU

I also see it staying this way if everbody above wins/idles, and even with a GSU loss to Bama.

If Montana St. loses next week and everybody else wins/idles/plays Bama,

1) GSU
2) Towson
3) Montana
4) NDSU
5) Montana St.

FargoBison
November 13th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Bison will be #4....Mark it down fanboy

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Sorry but ndsu will drop to #8 on Monday.
Something to do about losing at home to an unranked team just recently

#8....no way.

If NDSU is anywhere from 3-6 will you quit posting for a week?
If they are #8....I'll quit for a week....

FargoBison
November 13th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Ndsu will be ranked higher in the AGS poll than the two polls that are used for the playoff seeds due to the large amount of ndsu homers voting in the AGS poll

I wasn't talking about the AGS poll.

bjtheflamesfan
November 13th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Sorry but ndsu will drop to #8 on Monday.
Something to do about losing at home to an unranked team just recently

TheFan, I told you on another discussion that no one is going to want to take your points seriously if you just repeat them and you dont use critical thinking and logic to back it up...we know...NDSU lost to a team that was unranked (ranked very low depending on the poll youre looking at)...now take that and develop it

FargoBison
November 13th, 2011, 06:49 PM
I dropped them from #5 to #7 so I guess I'm at least being consistent with my thoughts. I did punish GSU more when they lost to App but at the time GSU had no wins vs ranked teams.

blackfordpu
November 13th, 2011, 07:46 PM
After Today:

1) GSU
2) Montana St.
3) Towson
4) NDSU
5) SHSU

I also see it staying this way if everbody above wins/idles, and even with a GSU loss to Bama.

1) GSU
2) Towson
3) Montana
4) NDSU
5) Montana St.

If the Kats go undefeated you don't think they are a top 5 team? Give me a break, the bias on this board knows no bounds.

PantherRob82
November 13th, 2011, 07:53 PM
If the Kats go undefeated you don't think they are a top 5 team? Give me a break, the bias on this board knows no bounds.

Not smack, curiousity. Last SLC team in the title game? Semis?

MTfan4life
November 13th, 2011, 08:00 PM

Last semifinal game was 2005 with Texas State. In a fair amount of seasons, one of their teams run in to Montana and with the exception of McNeese State in 2002, which was their last title game team, they don't fare well against the Griz. A large amount of Southland playoff teams' losses are against Montana. A record of something like 2-11. I'm not too sure of who was in what conference in the mid to early nineties.

UIWWildthing
November 13th, 2011, 08:24 PM
My top 5 seeds (as of today):
1 - GSU
2 - Montana St.
3 - SHSU
4 - NDSU
5 - Towson

blackfordpu
November 13th, 2011, 08:32 PM

Go off of what this team has done this season, not what other teams/schools have done in the past. I don't see how the 2005 tx st. team should affect the 2011 Bearkat squad.

And yes, Montana has broken the hearts of SLC teams numerous times (in Missoula).

bjtheflamesfan
November 13th, 2011, 08:36 PM
1. Montana State
2. Sam Houston State
3. Georgia Southern
4. North Dakota State
5. Towson

If Montana wins the Brawl of the Wild next weekend Id go with:

1. Sam Houston State (assuming they win as well)
2. Georgia Southern
3. North Dakota State
4. Montana
5. Towson

LakesBison
November 13th, 2011, 08:43 PM
NDSU
GEORGIA SOUTHERN
MONTANA
SAM HOUSTON
MONTANA ST

tribefan40
November 13th, 2011, 08:44 PM

I think that seeding has a lot more to it than taking the top 5 ranked teams. EWU was #1 and was given a five seed just last year. SIU was #1 and the three seed the year before that. Do I think the conference champs from the CAA, Big Sky, Southern and MVFC are going to and should be seeded higher than SHSU? Absolutely. Would Montana State take a seed above the Kats if they lose to Montana? It's a distinct possibility. I can appreciate being a homer and that your team has done extremely well this year, but take a look at the bigger picture, the reality of playoff selection and enjoy the fact that your team is in and at the very least hosting one game. (I would think)

blackfordpu
November 13th, 2011, 08:46 PM
I think that seeding has a lot more to it than taking the top 5 ranked teams. EWU was #1 and was given a five seed just last year. SIU was #1 and the three seed the year before that. Do I think the conference champs from the CAA, Big Sky, Southern and MVFC are going to and should be seeded higher than SHSU? Absolutely. Would Montana State take a seed above the Kats if they lose to Montana? It's a distinct possibility. I can appreciate being a homer and that your team has done extremely well this year, but take a look at the bigger picture, the reality of playoff selection and enjoy the fact that your team is in and at the very least hosting one game. (I would think)

No homerism involved here, I would say the same thing for any team with SHSU's resume this season.

tribefan40
November 13th, 2011, 09:05 PM
No homerism involved here, I would say the same thing for any team with SHSU's resume this season.

I really don't intend this to be smack, but it is the resume that I'm hung up on. I agree completely that it is impressive to go undefeated, even against lesser competition, and that SHSU has dominated the majority of their opponents. But the opponents have been completely unimpressive. UCA is SHSU's lone quality victory, and lone victory over a top-25 squad. I will be very interested to see how SHSU fairs in the playoffs, outside the friendly confines of the Southland.

ODUsmitty
November 13th, 2011, 09:06 PM

If Sam Houston gets a seed, if would be forever indebted to the selection committee for them to place ODU in the same bracket.

frozennorth
November 13th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Looking closer at the records, uni and towson are more deserving of high seeds then gsu. Other than being preseaon #1, the have only one decent win, over wofford.

asumike83
November 13th, 2011, 09:37 PM
1) Montana State
2) Georgia Southern
3) NDSU
4) Towson
5) Sam Houston State

LehighU11
November 14th, 2011, 05:35 PM

Transitive property etc/etc. But yes, CAA champ vs. Patriot League champ (0-1 vs. CAA)? Yeah, gotta give it to the CAA

Using the transitive property, Lehigh should be ranked #5 in FBS.xrotatehx
Lehigh beat Liberty(beat Coastal Carolina(beat Furman(beat Chattanooga(beat Jacksonville St(beat Eastern Illinois(beat Illinois St(beat Indiana St(beat Youngstown St(beat NDSU(beat Minnesota(beat Iowa(beat Michigan(beat Notre Dame(beat Michigan St(beat Wisconsin(beat Nebraska(beat Ohio St(beat Colorado(beat Arizona(beat UCLA(beat Arizona St(beat Missouri(beat Texas(beat Texas Tech(beat Oklahoma))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Catbooster
November 14th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Using the transitive property, Lehigh should be ranked #5 in FBS.xrotatehx
Lehigh beat Liberty(beat Coastal Carolina(beat Furman(beat Chattanooga(beat Jacksonville St(beat Eastern Illinois(beat Illinois St(beat Indiana St(beat Youngstown St(beat NDSU(beat Minnesota(beat Iowa(beat Michigan(beat Notre Dame(beat Michigan St(beat Wisconsin(beat Nebraska(beat Ohio St(beat Colorado(beat Arizona(beat UCLA(beat Arizona St(beat Missouri(beat Texas(beat Texas Tech(beat Oklahoma))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Then you can't be in the playoffs - you need to be in a BCS bowl.

RabidRabbit
November 14th, 2011, 05:58 PM
1) Montana St (assumes winning brawl)
2) NDSU
3) SHSU
4) Towson
5) GSU

1) NDSU
2) GSU
3) Towson
4) SHSU
5) Montana (if win Brawl)

Towson doesn't have the history, but if they win out to the auto-bid in the CAA, they are going to- get seeded.
NDSU must win vs WIU.

There is a good shot of a 7-4 MVFC team getting the Woffed award this year, altho Wofford may earn it again. If ISU-r, ISU-b, YSU tie, each has a case to be selected, but IMHO, the draw would be YSU and ISU-b for the better wins, and lesser losses.

bjtheflamesfan
November 14th, 2011, 06:51 PM
1. Montana State
2. Sam Houston State
3. Georgia Southern
4. North Dakota State
5. Towson

If Montana wins the Brawl of the Wild next weekend Id go with:

1. Sam Houston State (assuming they win as well)
2. Georgia Southern
3. North Dakota State
4. Montana
5. Towson

If Towson doesnt lock up the CAA auto this weekend that 5 spot could really be up for grabs

McNeese75
November 14th, 2011, 09:16 PM
If Sam Houston gets a seed, if would be forever indebted to the selection committee for them to place ODU in the same bracket.

I agree 100%, bring that CAA cocky *** to TX and get it whipped.

katstrapper
November 14th, 2011, 09:20 PM
How do you guys see the seeds going after today?

I would assume the following would be in the discussion:
UNI, NDSU, GSU, Mont. St., SHSU, Towson, Lehigh, Montana (??)

I would go something like this:
1. Mont. St.
2. GSU
3. Towson
4. Sam Houston St.
5. NDSU

We will see if the committee just goes by records to seed teams. I really believe Sam Houston St., while they may be undefeated, will be knocked down some because of the perception that the Southland is down from the SoCon and CAA.

Of course you would...and SHSU 10-0 record is a sham too right?

UIWWildthing
November 14th, 2011, 09:26 PM

As a fan of a CAA team, i'd love to see Towson heading to TX...Frisco, TX. The getting whipped part....well different story

FargoBison
November 14th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Didn't a CAA team go down to Texas in last year's playoffs.....

katstrapper
November 14th, 2011, 09:46 PM
After Today:

1) GSU
2) Montana St.
3) Towson
4) NDSU
5) SHSU

1) GSU
2) Towson
3) Montana
4) NDSU
5) Montana St.

ha ha ha ha.... what are you smoking? It cracks me up reading some of this crap on here. So far the ONLY reason I have seen on here why SAM HOUSTON doesnt deserve the #1 seed in FCS playoffs is because they come from a WEAK conference. No where have I seen anyone talk about the TEAM itself. And I think I know why...its because 90% of you on this board sit around and crunch POWER RANKINGS and STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE numbers, looking for anything you can to state your case AND DONT LOOK AT WHAT THIS TEAM HAS ACCOMPLISHED. The sad part about it is that the committee that picks the seeds and playoff teams dont have a freaking clue just how good most of these teams are, UNLESS YOU ARE ON THE EAST COAST.
Go look at the season stats on the NCAA website and tell me which teams do you see the most and report back. Sam Houston's defense is legit.. Let me repeat that LEGIT!! Only thing I have learned on this board over the years is that the SoCon, Big Sky, MVFC and CAA are the only strong conferences in the country so if that is the case, then the playoffs should just be for those schools and everyone else can go home.

BTW, if the Southland Conference is SO WEAK as everyone proclaims on here, why dont we ever see teams from these conferences line up games with the Southland teams? I mean, these would be guaranteed DI wins for everyone right? The Southland teams couldnt compete in the SoCon right? Come on, tell your AD's to line up some games in our part of the country....

I look forward to Sam Houston going 11-0 this season and being the only UNDEFEATED TEAM IN THE FCS WORLD. And I will really laugh if Montana St gets beat this weekend. Man, the committe will really be in pickle if that happens.

BisonTQ
November 14th, 2011, 10:07 PM
I see it like this...the seeding for the playoffs will be as follows: (assuming wins from MSU, SHSU, NDSU, UNI and a loss by GSU) (I know I know...a lot of assumptions)

#1 SHSU - undefeated all D1 schedule...even though a couple I-AA independents
#2 NDSU - all D1 schedule and the auto-bid from the MVFC
#3 MSU - 1 loss to FBS team, Big Sky champion, but not an all D1 schedule (Minot State...seriously)
#4 UNI - 1 loss with all D1 schedule and MVFC co-champion (the key is the loss to us and being 2nd in conference via head-head tiebreaker)
#5 GSU - 2 losses, not all D1 schedule Southern champion

If Montana State loses, then who knows how they treat the Griz/Cat situation as Griz( also not all D1 schedule) would be Big Sky co-champ but auto-bid with head to head win, and probably the team that gets the #5 seed and UNI/GSU move up as well. If the Cats lose, than even better for NDSU. I'm not sure how the committee will look at SHSU's schedule but with it being all D1 and being undefeated I see them as the #1 seed. If not, no one has a better case than NDSU simply based on D1 wins for that top seed.

I have to admit I felt like crap after the loss to YSU, but looking at the situation...with all our D1 schedule and the auto-bid from the MVFC (yes assuming we beat WIU, and yes, I understand the hesitation due to last year @Misery St.) and the fact that all other 1 loss teams have either a) played a D2 team b) lost to us (suck it Pansies) or C) are named Lehigh or Harvard, I honestly believe NDSU will be the #2 seed.

Finally, this is just my opinion and how I think it will play out. If any of us really knew what would happen we would be in Vegas. GO BISON

Fear the Bird
November 14th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Classic first post you are delirious if you really believe a second place team would be seeded over GSU and Towson

clenz
November 14th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Classic first post you are delirious if you really believe a second place team would be seeded over GSU and Towson

Look at the MVFC in 2008....look who got the auto bid then look which MVFC team got seeded.

UNIFanSince1983
November 14th, 2011, 10:39 PM

Unfortunately I think you are right. However, a precedent has been set. In 2007 UNI was the #1 seed while 2nd place SIU was seeded #4 ahead of the vaunted CAA champ. Obviously, it was wrong as Delaware went right through both of them, but to think the committee might not do this is silly.

BisonTQ
November 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM

Indeed it should be a conference champion that gets seeded over a second place team. However that second place team only has 1 loss, which happens to be to a top 3 seed. I couldn't care less if UNI was a seeded team, I would rather see GSU and Towson be 4/5 respectively, but they will also both have 2 losses. We have all seen how pathetic UNI has been in the posteason, but with their resume I believe this is what will happen, be it right or not.

Grizzlies82
November 14th, 2011, 11:31 PM
If all top five teams win (except Geo So.)
1. Sam Houston St
2. Montana State
3. North Dakota State
4. Georgia Southern
5. Towson

If Montana beats MSU at Bozeman...
1. Sam Houston St
2. North Dakota State
3. Georgia Southern
4. Montana
5. Towson

If Sam Houston wins their last one (not a gimme), the committee will reward them with #1 for going undefeated and beating an FBS team along the way. It won't matter the Southland Conference has little respect and a poor recent playoff record... 11-0 win get the top seed. period. The only thing which could change that is if Georgia Southern beats Alabama (roll tide).

If Towson wins, as the CAA champ they'll get the jump over No. Iowa. So unless more than MSU falls UNI isn't getting a seed. Based upon past seeding, I don't see Lehigh getting a top five seed without several losses above them.

Except for the Eagles and Montana all top nine teams in this week's poll should be clear favorites. Though if any of those favorites drop their final games it will really shake things up. Or, if Statesboro shocks the nation...

straightshooter
November 14th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Indeed it should be a conference champion that gets seeded over a second place team. However that second place team only has 1 loss, which happens to be to a top 3 seed. I couldn't care less if UNI was a seeded team, I would rather see GSU and Towson be 4/5 respectively, but they will also both have 2 losses. We have all seen how pathetic UNI has been in the posteason, but with their resume I believe this is what will happen, be it right or not.

Your team would have two losses too if they were playing in Tuscaloosa. That said, there's a decent chance that GSU is a 2 or 3 seed once things shake out.

MTfan4life
November 14th, 2011, 11:36 PM

You can't go around claiming that UNI has less losses that GSU and Towson. At least get your statistics correct.

SeattleGriz
November 14th, 2011, 11:40 PM
ha ha ha ha.... what are you smoking? It cracks me up reading some of this crap on here. So far the ONLY reason I have seen on here why SAM HOUSTON doesnt deserve the #1 seed in FCS playoffs is because they come from a WEAK conference. No where have I seen anyone talk about the TEAM itself. And I think I know why...its because 90% of you on this board sit around and crunch POWER RANKINGS and STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE numbers, looking for anything you can to state your case AND DONT LOOK AT WHAT THIS TEAM HAS ACCOMPLISHED. The sad part about it is that the committee that picks the seeds and playoff teams dont have a freaking clue just how good most of these teams are, UNLESS YOU ARE ON THE EAST COAST.
Go look at the season stats on the NCAA website and tell me which teams do you see the most and report back. Sam Houston's defense is legit.. Let me repeat that LEGIT!! Only thing I have learned on this board over the years is that the SoCon, Big Sky, MVFC and CAA are the only strong conferences in the country so if that is the case, then the playoffs should just be for those schools and everyone else can go home.

BTW, if the Southland Conference is SO WEAK as everyone proclaims on here, why dont we ever see teams from these conferences line up games with the Southland teams? I mean, these would be guaranteed DI wins for everyone right? The Southland teams couldnt compete in the SoCon right? Come on, tell your AD's to line up some games in our part of the country....

I look forward to Sam Houston going 11-0 this season and being the only UNDEFEATED TEAM IN THE FCS WORLD. And I will really laugh if Montana St gets beat this weekend. Man, the committe will really be in pickle if that happens.

Money dude. What else would prevent that matchup from happening. As much money as Montana makes at football, we are hopefully getting done with our string of DII teams to pay for an athletic shortfall. Even though the shortfall was made up years ago, the schedules were set.

What sort of guarantee will SHSU pay Montana to come down there and play in front of your 6K in fans? SHSU would need to put their money where your mouth is.

katstrapper
November 15th, 2011, 09:30 AM
What sort of guarantee will SHSU pay Montana to come down there and play in front of your 6K in fans? SHSU would need to put their money where your mouth is.

I dont know what money was paid in 2004, but if Montana were to come to Bowers stadium again, I promise you that place would be packed if not sold out. When Montana came in 2004, There was just under 13k at that game.

clenz
November 15th, 2011, 10:29 AM
I dont know what money was paid in 2004, but if Montana were to come to Bowers stadium again, I promise you that place would be packed if not sold out. When Montana came in 2004, There was just under 13k at that game.

Without it being about a million dollars for the game - it isn't going to happen....because that is about what Montana makes for a home game against a D2 team.

WileECoyote06
November 15th, 2011, 10:40 AM
1. NDSU
2. Sam Houston State
3. Georgia Southern
4. Montana State
5. Towson

Bearkat-Backer
November 15th, 2011, 10:41 AM

It was a "home and home" not a money game. We went there in 2003 they came to Texas in 2004.

tribefan40
November 15th, 2011, 11:29 AM

Like last year, right? Or, for your team, the year before?

Yes SHSU has gone undefeated, which as I have posted before is very impressive by itself. To me, and others, the context in which it has been accomplished diminishes its impressiveness. Yes your statistics are impressive. Once again the context in which those stats were compiled makes them less so. This is the reality of playing in a conference that is perceived as weak, warranted or not. Your defense has looked legit against some poor competition. I'm not saying they won't look equally legit in the playoffs, I'm just not putting money on that. You play in the conference you do, with recent playoff results as the only real measuring stick for most of us, and beat your chest and assure us of your team's superiority. I for one, am still unsure.

As for your last comment, you do realize those conferences have produced (just going back to 1990) 20 of the past 21 champions, and 39 of 42 of those championship game participants. Those claims aren't exactly baseless.

Bearkats94
November 15th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Money dude. What else would prevent that matchup from happening. As much money as Montana makes at football, we are hopefully getting done with our string of DII teams to pay for an athletic shortfall. Even though the shortfall was made up years ago, the schedules were set.

It was packed in 2004 when Montana came down here and got their buts handed to them. Thats one game the heat also put it to Montana.xlolx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4csg6md9OQ

This look easy to what we do now,xlolx

katstrapper
November 15th, 2011, 01:18 PM
'94, thats why they wont come back. Ranked #1 at the time and got hammered. They had guys out on the field getting sick because of the heat.

You know what? That same night SFA beat UNI and McNeese St beat YSU.

Grizzlies82
November 15th, 2011, 01:24 PM
To clarify what Montana might earn with a home game (DII or otherwise).

Regardless of opponent the stadium will be at, or near, a sell out. So multiply 26,000 seats by about $35 per ticket and you have $900,000 in revenue. If the ticket average is less than $35 (with students, etc...), or a few seats go unsold, the University is still taking in about $750,000 in revenue. If they pay a DII school $100 to $150,000 to show up, the home game becomes the equivalent of the money game versus Tennessee in Knoxville. No doubt UM must pay an FCS school more to come, yet home games are still very profitable in Missoula.

None the less, the fans want to see Sam Houston, SF Austin, or Northern Iowa rather than a Central Washington. So talk to your AD and get some home & away series scheduled. Even though the "away" game costs the University money the Griz Nation will be all for it. xtwocentsx

WileECoyote06
November 15th, 2011, 01:43 PM
To clarify what Montana might earn with a home game (DII or otherwise).

Regardless of opponent the stadium will be at, or near, a sell out. So multiply 26,000 seats by about $35 per ticket and you have $900,000 in revenue. If the ticket average is less than $35 (with students, etc...), or a few seats go unsold, the University is still taking in about $750,000 in revenue. If they pay a DII school $100 to $150,000 to show up, the home game becomes the equivalent of the money game versus Tennessee in Knoxville. No doubt UM must pay an FCS school more to come, yet home games are still very profitable in Missoula.

None the less, the fans want to see Sam Houston, SF Austin, or Northern Iowa rather than a Central Washington. So talk to your AD and get some home & away series scheduled. Even though the "away" game costs the University money the Griz Nation will be all for it. xtwocentsx

Yall pay D2 teams 100K? Wow! I seriously doubt most FCS schools are doing that. I think it'd be close to 50k and that's on the high end.

SeattleGriz
November 15th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Yall pay D2 teams 100K? Wow! I seriously doubt most FCS schools are doing that. I think it'd be close to 50k and that's on the high end.

I think it is closer to 50K. You can see why it is hard for Montana to get anyone to come and play. It simply costs too much to get a team there. I wished I knew what Montana and App agreed for our upcoming home and home series.

Grizzlies82
November 15th, 2011, 01:59 PM

I don't have the exact numbers but yes I believe UM pays DII schools at least $100,000. Remember the west isn't as tightly packed with potential opponents as the east. So typically visiting teams are traveling several hundred miles each way to play. Imagine if you in N.C. were pulling in opponents from Illinois or New York. There are virtually none within a few hour bus ride to the game. As a result UM pays more for it.

footballer23
November 15th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Today, I go with 1. Sam Houston 2. Montana State 3. NDSU 4. Georgia Southern 5. Lehigh

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I don't have the exact numbers but yes I believe UM pays DII schools at least $100,000. Remember the west isn't as tightly packed with potential opponents as the east. So typically visiting teams are traveling several hundred miles each way to play. Imagine if you in N.C. were pulling in opponents from Illinois or New York. There are virtually none within a few hour bus ride to the game. As a result UM pays more for it.
If it's that much why doesn't Montana get some east coast D1 cupcakes that count towards playoff contention rather than D2 cupcakes that do not? I'm pretty sure you can afford to pay for a charter from pretty much anywhere in the country if you can afford that kind of guarantee. The last few years NDSU has gotten guarantee games from Austin Peay, Central Connecticut, Wagner, Morgan St, St Francis, and Lafayette. Pretty sure those teams didn't bus or fly commercial to Fargo either. Chartering a flight from the east coast to Missoula can't be much more expensive than sending one to Fargo.

SeattleGriz
November 15th, 2011, 04:02 PM
If it's that much why doesn't Montana get some east coast D1 cupcakes that count towards playoff contention rather than D2 cupcakes that do not? I'm pretty sure you can afford to pay for a charter from pretty much anywhere in the country if you can afford that kind of guarantee. The last few years NDSU has gotten guarantee games from Austin Peay, Central Connecticut, Wagner, Morgan St, St Francis, and Lafayette. Pretty sure those teams didn't bus or fly commercial to Fargo either. Chartering a flight from the east coast to Missoula can't be much more expensive than sending one to Fargo.

Good idea. We could pick them up in this.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q76/wastjer/HorizonGrizPlane.jpg

Fear the Bird
November 15th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Today, I go with 1. Sam Houston 2. Montana State 3. NDSU 4. Georgia Southern 5. Lehigh

Towson?

andy7171
November 15th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Towson wins, they get a seed, 4 or 5, no way the committee gives them a 1-3 due to stadium size. Sadly. Lose and they travel. We are bound for Lehigh 16K vs 11K, or Appy, or Liberty assuming they beat SB.

If we lose to Rhody, I wouldn't be surprised to see us playing on Thanksgiving weekend, just based on the lack of respect we've been given all season. In which case we'd host Albany or Stonybrook.

Fear the Bird
November 15th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Towson wins, they get a seed, 4 or 5, no way the committee gives them a 1-3 due to stadium size. Sadly. Lose and they travel. We are bound for Lehigh 16K vs 11K, or Appy, or Liberty assuming they beat SB.

If we lose to Rhody, I wouldn't be surprised to see us playing on Thanksgiving weekend, just based on the lack of respect we've been given all season. In which case we'd host Albany or Stonybrook.

Andy here's hoping you just take care of Rhody and continue this dream season

I look forward to seeing our 2 talented backs battle for conference player of the year the next 2 years