Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
Yuck - I didn’t even look at their schedule.

They open at home with CIT, which will be a big game pitting the winners of the last 3 SoCon Championships against one another. I would expect a huge crowd (by Woffy standards) and I think the game could go either way. If CIT’s OLine is not vastly improved, Woffy wins. If it is, I think the bellhops squeak out a close win.

Then VMI visits, in a game that no one except the Players’ Families will want to see, particularly if the AnkleBiters fall to the LuggageToters in the opening week. Not even sure, in that event, that the Players’ Families won’t skip this one either.

THEN - 4 straight road games, of which they very well could lose 3 (Wyoming, Furman, & Chatt)

So, now we’re almost to the end of October and they finally reappear in SparkleCity for Homecoming, having not played a decent Home game in 2 months, sitting at somewhere between 4-2 & 2-4, to face ETSU, in a game that most Woffy fans don’t really want to see, but the Alums will show...to tailgate, at least. By then, though, I’m not sure Woffy fans will even remember if they have a Football Team this year.

Then, an always tough Mercer game at home, which will be decently attended IF they are 5-2; not so much if they are 3-4 or worse. That’s followed by 2 more VERY TOUGH Road games @ Sammy & @ WCU, before they (probably) limp home to close out the season by (probably) thrashing Presbyterian. They could come into that game at 3-7, which I imagine, despite the fact they are historical rivals about 35 miles apart, there may be less people there than for their earlier VMI game. I don’t see them entering that game any better than 6-4/5-2 in the SoCon & most likely out of the Playoffs.

That truly is just a gosh-awful schedule. Yuck!
You forgot a road game to Boiling Springs to play the Runnin' Bulldogs in between road games to Laramie and Chattanooga.

Gardner Webb isn't the 1966 Alabama Crimson Tide, but they are a constant thorn in the side for SoCon teams. They have shown up on Wofford's schedule every season since 2012 except one (2016), and the Terriers are 3-2 against GWU over that span. That one won't be a gimme.