Quote Originally Posted by SmallCollegeFBFan View Post
Both kids are known smokers from their day at LSU. I was told the kid was not asked to stay because he smokes and he failed tests but that a big reason he left was to be with his brother and get playing time. It would have helped had they been juniors together because I think he would have stayed.

I know the coaches liked him as a player but he gives awful effort much of the time. They are hyping the talent and not considering the way he plays. I could show you plays on tape that are a complete joke because he does not even try. I remember the first game I watched he literally did not finish one block and only got his hands on people when they were coming right at him. If the play was run outside he literally gave zero effort to reach block and never went to the second level. He was frustrating to watch because he has good feet, he can move, and he is strong. He just doesn't display it very much because the effort is not there.
Not sure what coaches you talked to but LSU never asked Maea to leave and didn't want him to leave. They tried to get him to stay and either redshirt or sit out the suspension and play the last half of the season. He didn't want to do that and came to play with his brother.

I don't need you to show me plays on tape because I watched him practice every day and watched him play in person every game. And I've met the kid. Your opinion is your opinion.