Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What are the biggest games in your conference for week 3?

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    The Citadel

Re: What are the biggest games in your conference for week 3?

Quote Originally Posted by woffordgrad94 View Post
    I don't think the SoCon HAS three significant games to be honest. My team, Wofford, isn't even playing a game. Three teams are playing an SEC or ACC team for a check. I guess the most significant game is The Citadel @ ETSU simply because it is the only conference game. But it probably won't be that close of a game...I look for The Citadel to win handily. If forced to pick two more, I'd say UT-Martin @ Chattanooga has the potential to be a good OOC tilt- and it is certainly important for the Mocs as they don't want an 0-3 start. The last pick would be WCU @ Gardner-Webb...it might tell us more about how good the Catamounts are. Then again, it might not. Because we really don't know much about GWU either. But it is an all NC, all FCS game so it has that going for it.
    That about sums it up...... Things will not get interesting for a couple more weeks.
    FIRE THOSE CANNONS!

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Catatonic View Post
    just going by the stats. Sealey was second in passing And total yards last year and is second so far this year even against the toughest SOS of Any school in the SLC, per Sagarin. Sealey gets overlooked lot because he has played for a crap team but stats speak for themselves. http://static.southland.org/custompa...s.htm#conf.wi2
    Yeah last year the team's only wins were to 0-9 NWST and 3-6 UIW. He did throw some good close games to better opponents and actually ran the ball like a beast as a dual threat. If the team isn't any better than last year, how do you see him amassing his stats? Late game? Or if the team is better, will he get them early game? Also, UCA ran the ball 2 out of every 3 plays last year. ACU was about 50/50. Fans were begging for a more open passing game. Hope to see that this year. Is this coach bringing a different style of offense to the field?
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.

My Team
    Abilene Christian

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    Yeah last year the team's only wins were to 0-9 NWST and 3-6 UIW. He did throw some good close games to better opponents and actually ran the ball like a beast as a dual threat. If the team isn't any better than last year, how do you see him amassing his stats? Late game? Or if the team is better, will he get them early game? Also, UCA ran the ball 2 out of every 3 plays last year. ACU was about 50/50. Fans were begging for a more open passing game. Hope to see that this year. Is this coach bringing a different style of offense to the field?
    The biggest differences I have seen between last year and this has been pass protection, which was non existent last year, and a much improved defense.

Dorrel wants a run first balanced offense but we may not have the personnel to make that work. So far most of our yardage has come from short route passes and yards after catching the ball.

It's really hard to judge where we are since our first two opponents were FBS teams coming off bowl seasons. A lot of questions will be answered this weekend.

My Team
    Murray State

Quote Originally Posted by GodHelpTheBears View Post
    This is why Murray State could win. You all believe your team will be alright. Over here, after last Saturday we all went "same old ****" and have written off the year. A lot of tickets were distributed for this one, but with 90 degree weather and poor play going into this one, I don't think the crowd will be large.

With what you did at the first half of Missouri has me worried. Putting 45 on an sec is impressive. This being our first road game of this year. I want to see how they respond to being punched in the mouth by a good Central Arkansas team last week. I think I saw the line had you all favored by 3 1/2. So it could go any way

First Class FCS Ruler GodHelpTheBears's Avatar
    My Team
    Missouri State

Quote Originally Posted by fmftballmgr View Post
    With what you did at the first half of Missouri has me worried. Putting 45 on an sec is impressive. This being our first road game of this year. I want to see how they respond to being punched in the mouth by a good Central Arkansas team last week. I think I saw the line had you all favored by 3 1/2. So it could go any way
    Don't put much weight into the "SEC" thing - North Dakota has a much better defense.

I don't think you all shut us out, but unless your defense is essentially uncoached like UM-C's was, you'll keep us below 40.
    The only untenable situation is the one you are in right now. Support the dissolution of football at Missouri State University.

Top FCS Advocate NorthChuckSouth's Avatar
    My Team
    Charleston Southern

WCU @ GWU - interested to see how Gardner Webb will fair in this one. I know WCU isn't a great team but GWU has yet to score a touchdown so we'll see how it goes.
    Kennesaw @ Alabama State - Samford was a pretty good gague of KSU but this one will be interesting to watch.
    CSU @ Elon - First FCS game for the Bucs.. Interesting to see how this one will go. Elon got off to a good start last week against furman but seemed to muster out at the end. We hold the ball a good bit and i think we have a better defense personel wise so i'm excited to see how this game goes

My Team
    Murray State

Quote Originally Posted by GodHelpTheBears View Post
    Don't put much weight into the "SEC" thing - North Dakota has a much better defense.

I don't think you all shut us out, but unless your defense is essentially uncoached like UM-C's was, you'll keep us below 40.
    congrats, you all made more plays than we did.

We had our chances but kept shooting ourselfs in the foot. We did better after the QB change of moving the ball.

on to league play now

On to leage play