Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
I do see 247 has him as a 2-star and #128 overall in AL. He is also their 93rd (84th “composite”...whatever that means) best dual-threat QB nationally & 3rd best in AL. They have him as the 8th best QB (Pro or Dual-Threat) in AL. He’s not listed on ESPN’s Rankings. Where is he ranked #51 in AL?

The other Dual-Threats ranked around him nationally signed with UCF, Eastern Michigan, Hawaii, Lamar, Air Force, Army, Wofford, Navy, and Kansas State. I see via his Twitter that Samford offered him way back in February of 2017.

Did he have any other offers?
Interested to see that ranking given the level of competition.

Like Georgia, private schools in Alabama can play either in the independent association or the high school association. In my experience, AISA would be below the lowest high school classification in terms of depth and talent.

Only 8 teams make the playoffs, so three wins gets you a state title. It's the same teams playing for a title every single season for years.

Maybe the kid is an elite QB. I have no idea. I just have a hard time believing that a 5'9 QB off a tiny private school who plays against the weakest competition in the state is the 8th best HS QB in Alabama.