Quote Originally Posted by MplsBison View Post
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed.

Towson is just another small school, Division I-AA team that no one in the midwest has ever heard of that NDSU is going to embarrass by 35+ points.

Playing Eastern Washington (and crushing them into red, goopy paste) would have been meaningful. It would have been significant for Brock Jensen. He deserved that. Instead, this magical, culminating season has resulting in one insignificant, punishing defeat after another of no-name teams (in the midwest). A little disappointing.

I remember thinking how great it would've been to play North Dakota, Montana State and Eastern Washington in the Fargodome before winning the national championship. Instead, this sad-sack division gave Fargo: Furman, Coastal Carolina and New Hampshire. Now Towson. The only questions I've fielded about Towson so far are "Where the heck is Towson??" Being a very knowledgeable person, I of course educate them that it is a public school (despite the name) located in Baltimore.

And before this stream of consciousness is up, I just want to take a second to rant about the Eastern Illinois and Eastern Washington playoff games. Both were embarrassments for the division on ESPN. Both featured high-school stadiums in abysmal weather. The type of conditions that aren't fair to these athletes, who worked so hard all year to get there - only to have the game ruined by snow and cold, which make high-level, high-performance football impossible.

Casual fans must have thought to themselves "oh those poor boys have to play their high-school playoff game in the snow...I wonder why this is on ESPN?? Oh well, time to change the channel." And for those tuning into the Eastern Washington game, there was of course the sharp gasp when they set eyes upon the red field.

Congrats to the Bison on their third national championship. Should have been four in a row. Refs stole the game away from Brock Jensen. I'll always say that, to the bitter end.

Congrats to these seniors. The best class that FCS/DI-AA has ever seen and probably ever will see.

Congrats to coach Bohl. You've literally taken NDSU's football team as far as it can go. You literally can't prove anything more in this sub-division. You will have success in Wyoming, I'm a Cowboy fan now. Maybe my dreams will come true and one day NDSU can join the Mountain West.

Over and out.
Towson is larger than NDSU. You can find that out on the Google machine.