Quote Originally Posted by ngineer View Post
While losing the two WRs will have an impact, it won't be devastating. A lot returns at that position more growth next year. The OL has a ton of underclassmen playing this year, so I don't see any problem there. My concern is Mayes. I am not seeing a progression, and if he doesn't start getting better at quick decision making, he may get challenged like Lum challenged J.B. Clark a few years ago. With "the Beast" returning to the backfield along with a solid backup group, the O could be 'doo-wopping' all through 2018. The D can't be any worse, and I believe will be better because of the experience returning. The secondary is quite athletic and a bunch of freshmen and sophs are playing now that should pay dividends next year. Loss of Cavenas hurts, but it is always next many up. Don't forget Mish is back with his PK and punting duties. His punting is another defensive weapon. I could see him getting some NFL looks in 2019.

Colgate will certainly have a great core returning and the QB should only get better. Another Vena in the making. After that, it will be a crap shoot in the PL and wouldn't be shocked at any of the others coming in third, other than the Hoyas. So sad. MPLG! [note I did not include "again", as we never have been].
Is there a backup that could actually challenge for the job hiding in that valley?

Our lehigh contingent ... expecting coaching changes this off season or does this "successful" year give them another year to mess up?