Quote Originally Posted by PaladinFan View Post
I don't know the internal workings, but I still think JSU and KSU would be good additions to the SoCon if they opt to stay at the FCS.

JSU has a historic connection to Samford. JSU would likely be immediate rivals with KSU. I can also see KSU and UTC becoming a good rivalry, with both schools being about a 2 hour jaunt down the interstate.
KSU & Mercer were fierce non-Football rivals in the ASun from 2005-2014. Both of their current Football rosters are heavily dominated by Players from Georgia - roughly 80% for each. I’m sure if the Owls joined the SoCon a ‘spirited’ rivalry with the Bears would immediately ensue.

As a 40 year fan of the SoCon, I would only support KSU joining the SoCon with a RIDICULOUS & perpetual buyout penalty to leave. I do think it could be a very good move for all involved, but the Owls need to PROVE they REALLY want to be in the SoCon & PROVE they REALLY want to stay in the SoCon. If they do, a RIDICULOUS buyout shouldn’t be an issue for them at all. If they won’t agree to such terms, then I don’t care if they stay in the Big South, join the SEC, go D2, or become the next NFL expansion Team.

The last thing the SoCon needs is another E*Loan or Collage of Charlatan.