Quote Originally Posted by centennial View Post
You wrote a fantasy piece.
- New president will be bad, we don't know yet.
- Recruiting is going to be harder, sure but NDSU is going after a lot of G5 kids. Yes, NDSU doesn't get every kid that they want but let me point that recruiting as a whole is much better than 10 years ago. Even better than it used to be when Bohl was the coach. Increased local competition can hurt certainly, but I haven't seen it hurting yet.
- SDSU having a higher FCOA amount. Not sure how much that counts when only a certain kids get it. Do you have numbers on how many have it? Things will change if SDSU can offer it to every recruit.
- One other thing- national profile. NDSU has been on ESPN a LOT. Carson Wentz and the other NFL players aren't hurting either. Helps with recruiting.

I am not saying that NDSU is infallible, and there are plenty of good programs that have fallen. Just that the likelihood of it happening is low. Fargo has a winning football culture, similar to Tuscaloosa. Failure isn't tolerated easily for football. On the other hand Stig will has already hit his ceiling.
Fantasy piece? Really? you're delusional. I never said it would happen, I said it's possible. Yeah, NDSU is in the national profile, for now. I bet you see that shrink considerably now that the streak is over. Of course you haven't seen the local recruiting have an effect yet. SDSU just got their new stadium this year, and there's a large difference between being able to bring your recruits into the stadium compared to just pointing at some construction. UND just made the playoffs for the first time this year. The FCOA level matters when it comes down to a battle for the same recruit, if both want the same recruit badly, then it does matter, don't be ridiculous. And I understand that NFL players help with recruiting, and Wentz likely has a bigger impact than SDSUs recruits, but the fun fact is SDSU has the better NFL pedigree on the high end and recognition. A NFL Hall of Famer and another one on the way, and every person who knows Wentz has known the name Vinateiri for much longer. My point was that NDSU had those advantages prior to SDSU improving their facilities, so the Jacks adding the new facilities closed the gap. As to the Stig hitting his ceiling comment, that's a pretty retarded comment considering that the Jacks have set new school landmarks for rankings, records, and distance into the playoffs for the last three years or so now. Hitting his ceiling would need to show a plateau, yes? Hasn't happened yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk