Well, looks like we'll know in the next few months whether or not North Alabama is going to make the move to Div I. I'm guessing the Ohio Valley Conference is their likely option and they would have ample time to get a few things in order so they can apply for Div I in light of the moratorium and the deadlines associated with applying for such status.

FLORENCE — On the day six Arkansas and three Oklahoma schools announced intentions to petition the NCAA to form a new Division II athletic conference, University of North Alabama officials took another step closer to moving to Division I.

At their yearly retreat Monday, the board of trustees agreed to have university President William Cale and other school officials put together a comprehensive business plan detailing the feasibility of moving from Division II to Division I. They want the plan completed in time for the Sept. 10 board meeting.

The purpose of the plan will be to develop an idea of the cost associated with the move, understand the benchmarks the university would have to meet to see the move happen and determine community support, according to President Pro Tem Steve Pierce.
http://www.timesdaily.com/article/20...hletics-future