Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
Never said he was that good in 2015, just that he had mojo and a groove. He is finding his groove back that was missing last year. Also, IMO, it helps that he has an OC who puts him in a position to win, something that Polasek had no problem screwing with. Yeah, I will be the first to admit I was a Polasek hater, but I think Messingham is taking that Big Sky offense and melding it with smashmouth Valley football to open up the boxes and re-intergrate the TEs in Jumbo and Pro-Set packages.
Polasek was a melding of NIU and Bohl era NDSU. Messingham IMO is using better plays. We are still a NFL like offense, just with different sets. Just because NDSU has some spread formations doesn't actually make us spread. I think the biggest thing is the ability to take what teams will give you, coach P wasn't that great at it. His bad play calling lost us the semi final game vs JMU last year. Messingham seems better at taking what other teams will give you, I have heard Coach Klieman saying the same thing.