Quote Originally Posted by mango433 View Post
Not sure if there were a lot of injuries, but there definitely were some, usually in the NFL. Roy Williams was pretty well-known for it.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...le-focus_x.htm
What point do we have to get to before we accept that injuries happen in football and you can't legislate that out of it. I don't see this crusade against hockey or rugby. Hell I remember in hockey when I was a kid we had to watch videos on how to have your head positioned if you slide into the boards to help prevent broken necks. I know there isn't a pandemic of broken necks in hockey, it just more to the point of recognizing the risks and educating the players as opposed to trying to legislate safety until the game isn't the game anymore.

People are going to tear up knees, break things, dislocate limbs, and get concussions in a sport where you have large people smashing into each other at full speed, yet people act shocked an appalled that it happens. I understand trying to protect the athletes from themselves but at some point this basic concept just has to be recognized as a fact of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk