Quote Originally Posted by youngterrier View Post
Statistics don't become irrelevant because they are inconvenient. The stats against FBS games are irrelevant because it's a different game all together (which is why I don't even bring up Wyoming...even though it has minimal effect on our stats either way), but with Elon it's fair to take a look because you can extrapolate some general trends.

I think it's significant that Elon ran for more yardage against Furman than most/all(?) of the teams they played. That tells you something about Furman's defense. It's not like with Clemson where they blow out everyone and the diminished stats are somewhat random.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Elon returned four starters on the offensive line with, I think, 110 combined starts between them. Their RT is an NFL prospect and perhaps the top prospect in FCS football. Their running back, Summers, is arguably the best RB in the CAA and one of the better backs in the country. Summers didn't play at all against Furman in the post-season game and barely in the first contest last year.

They just put 27 points on James Madison. Over the last 24 contests, James Madison has only allowed 20 points 3 times (Weber State last year in the playoffs, NC State this year, and Elon).

Elon rushed for 212 against James Madison Saturday. They put up almost 500 yards of offense against one of the most dominating defenses in FCS history.

No, Furman didn't look good against them. Elon is also a really good football team.