Our O-Line loses ONE player in the 10 man 2 deep rotation. That unit should be VERY good. RBs(hey sometimes we do run the ball) will be better if any different with the emergence of Fr. DeMarcus Ware who led the team in rushing this year. Even with the loss of Kelvin McKnight, who you can't really replace, WRs are not a concern at all as we have tons of gifted players at this position. Now, you don't even consider saying you can replace a Devlin Hodges, as that would be an asinine statement. I think talk of a xfer QB, however, is totally wrong. Liam Welch will be a RS Jr. who has been patient and was always projected as the next man up. He knows the system thoroughly, but how much the lack of game experience will hamper his development is an unknown factor at this time. I can say that he is very talented, and watching him in practice gives Samford fans a lot of optimism.

The Samford defense losses some really good ones, but has lots of experienced players returning. Obviously, Ahmad Gooden will be missed - tremendously missed. LB Aaron Harris, and DT Horace Roberts will need to be replaced also. If Jr. LB Aaron Atkinson, out this year with injury, can come back healthy that will really strengthen that unit. He is a fine player. Even with the loss of Ahmad, I look for the front 7 to be pretty solid. The Samford secondary, that was injury riddled this year, should be much improved. Lots of young players got plenty of PT, and hopefully S Koi Freeman returns from injury. That guy is a stud of a DB.

Lots of questions - YES, but lots of talent also. It will be interesting to see how we do in the KO Classic against YSU. Samford is not quite as depleted as some folks on here think, and probably hope.