Quote Originally Posted by Squealofthepig View Post
Some quick notes on trends:

1) Fear the CAA! Quite a few CAA teams still do not have an FBS team on their schedule; there are only three CAA vs. ACC matchups this year, and one of those is scheduled conspicuously late (Richmond @ Virginia on 9/4; JMU @ Virginia Tech 9/11; and the Tribe at UNC on October 30)
2) Fear the champions! Both teams from last year's championship game currently lack an FBS opponent this year. I would note Montana has a recent trend of not scheduling FBS teams.
3) The SEC takes no chances: Although they're scheduling FCS teams, they seem to prefer to do this much later in the season (vs. the bulk of the games in the first couple of weeks).
4) Hurray for Mizzou! The McNeese State/Missouri game looks to be the only neutral-site game period; all other games are FCS traveling to FBS.
5) No green for the little guy. The smaller conferences don't get the payday: Although they may get a few games against FBS teams, smaller conferences like the Patriot, Pioneer, SWAC and Northeast generally don't have FBS games on their schedule (at least not yet). Whether this is by design or fortune, I'll readily admit to not having a clue.
6) Fly me to the moon! There are some wacky distances being traveled - Charleston Southern at Hawaii will get the most frequent flyer miles, but there are some other cross-country matchups too, like Idaho State at Georgia, The Citadel at Arizona, and Nicholls State at San Diego State.
Grambling plays LaTech in Shreveport with this designated as Grambling's Home Game!