Quote Originally Posted by Redbird 4th & short View Post
The more I think about this and look down the list, wow they got it so wrong with their top 3 ... I kind of get Hodges because of his sheer numbers, though he had 15 or 16 picks, he threw nearly 500 passes .. so they asked a lot of him in that offense.

But between Christion, Cal Poly RB Protheroe (the Lehigh RB comparison per other poster was very telling), Meier, and god forbid I awaken World .. even Princeton QB Lovett way over Burks. How those 4 wound up behind Burkes completely blows my mind. And as much as I like how much Stick has developed, how well he played, and believe he would have much better stats in any program not named NDSU .. that is no reason to award him by effectively saying, he could have done much better if asked to do more. You have to award the guy who was asked to do more and did more.

Man they got this wrong.
I get it when you just look at the stats and I'm in no way saying Stick should win this award or even be in the top 3 but people who do not understand football or our system do not understand how much responsibility we put on the QB. They have no idea how important that position is to our success running the FB as well. They simply see the QB hand the ball off and think that's all the QB is doing when that's far from the truth. Yeah our QB is never going to put up the stats that other players will in other systems but those other players don't necessarily have the most responsibility for their teams success either. Pretty sure every kid thinking about playing for NDSU realizes they are not going to win a lot of personal stat based awards.