Quote Originally Posted by ursus arctos horribilis View Post
Yeah, that was our idea going into the game from what I recall and that didn't work out so well either. These are not new concepts that were not tried against the dude by many different D coordinators.
I get it. I've only ever seen film from his college days, and I admit that he was spectacular. I know Montana had a pretty spectacular team that year as well, and it's pretty difficult to judge across the years, but I'd put money on 2013 NDSU against 1996 Montana if it came down to it. While Moss was in all likelihood better by far than any other receivers that have ever played against the Bison, pretty much all the fans of other teams with superstar players who have played the Bison have also said, "Yeah, you can slow everyone else down, but you've never seen a player like x before!" And somehow they (nearly) always find a way to win the ones that count. It's like the x factor of Moss (he's awesome!) against the x factor of the Bison (they just win). I'd even go so far to say that Marshall may win 8 or 9 of ten on a neutral field, but in the game that counts, I wouldn't count out the 2013 Bison.

You may be right, Ursus. I respect your opinion. But I wouldn't concede that you are right until I saw the game played (which just isn't possible).